Thorny Rose Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tessa took off her seatbelt and leaned toward me, giving me another good look down her shirt, and she kissed me hard. We made out for a few seconds, and she placed my hand square on her firm breast before pulling away and getting out of the car. She leaned down and looked in the open window, yet again allowing me a full view of the space between her small breasts and said, "There's more where that came from, but you need to show me that you know how to treat me." Before I could answer, she turned, her hair swirling behind her, and I watched her cute little ass wiggle up the driveway and into the house.

I drove home, horny, frustrated and confused. It seemed like all I needed to do was to pay attention to Tessa, and I would get laid. But I have to admit, I didn't like the way she was teasing me and trying to control me. I knew it would only get worse if I committed, and I would find myself totally under her control. But, on the other hand, sex. Not only that, but I kept seeing Rose's face looking unhappy. Under normal circumstances, this situation would call for a session with Larry and Albert, some major video gaming, and by the time we were bored with the game, my problem would be solved. But I couldn't tell them, because I'd have to tell them about Rose.

I walked into my house, and Mom was sitting in the kitchen, drinking some iced coffee and reading a magazine.

"Hey Dale, how was school—everything quiet about Rose?"

"Yeah, it looks like it worked."

She took a sip from her ice coffee. "Everything else O.K.?"

I said, "Yeah," and started toward my room, before turning back toward her and saying, "actually, not really."

Mom closed her magazine and looked at me, her kind eyes looking at me with concern. "What's the matter, sweetie?"

I sat down and took a deep breath. Here goes nothing. "Um, I'm a little confused...."

"About?"

"You know, I'm not the most experienced guy, you know, with like girls." I paused and realized I had just jumped off a bridge, and there was no going back. To her credit, Mom just looked at me, waiting. "I mean, I've done stuff, but never, you know..."

"Never?"

I shook my head. Mom waited for me to continue, her face betraying nothing. "So, anyway, I think that Tessa is willing—"

"Wait," Mom interrupted. "Phil and Angela's Tessa? Isn't she like 15?"

"Sixteen, I think."

Mom looked at me, her eyes narrowed, "She's a child, Dale."

"Mom, from what I hear, I wouldn't be her first." She shook her head, and I continued, "You have to keep this between us. Please promise." Mom nodded.

"But, I don't know—"

"If you are ready?"

"No, I think I'm ready, you know, but there are a few things. First, I'm not sure I really like her that way, I mean she is really pretty and all, but I'd be worried that I was using her, you know." Mom smiled a little. "And also, she already is like bossing me around and stuff, and we aren't even doing anything." Mom closed her eyes and sort of shook her head. "And there's something, I mean, someone, else I really like."

"Rose?"

It was my turn to nod. "Yeah, and she told me she liked me, but was afraid that she couldn't be the kind of girlfriend I need now, because, you know, she had trouble being touched and all."

Mom took a deep breath and then sipped at her iced coffee. I watched the condensation drip down the glass as she sipped. It felt good to be able to say all of this out loud, and so far Mom hadn't freaked out, which was good.

Finally, Mom started to speak. "Dale, let me start by thanking you for coming to me for advice. I suspect it wasn't easy. Second, let me say that I'm proud of you for at least thinking this through. I would guess that most guys like you wouldn't have second thoughts if a pretty girl offered herself to you, even if you weren't sure about her. I can pretty much guarantee you, sweetie, that even if it isn't with Tessa—and I still think she is too young, by the way—that your time is bound to come soon. You are a nice guy, and smart, and funny, and handsome. And the right kind of girl will appreciate being treated with respect by you, and will not try to manipulate you. Now, you are a big boy—an adult—and you can do what you want, but I think that just the fact that you are having questions, should tell you what the answer is."

As she was saying it, I knew that she was right. As much as I was sick of being a virgin and wanted to fuck Tessa, I wasn't prepared for the rest of the deal. Maybe that is what growing up means. "Yeah, I think you are right, Mom."

She smiled at me, and I realized maybe for the first time, that Mom was a pretty good looking woman herself, and maybe went through some of this stuff when she was my age. She said, "But I also have to say that I have concerns about Rose and you."

"Me too," I said, "and not only because of the touching thing."

"What else?"

"The whole thing. I'm just a kid from a small town. Nothing has ever happened to me, and everything has happened to her. How does that work out?"

"I agree," Mom said. "I mean, you should be her friend, god knows that girl needs friends, but I'd be careful." She finished her coffee with an amusing slurp.

I stood up, and so did Mom. We stepped toward each other and hugged, her head pressing into my chest. "You are a good man, Dale."

"I had good role models." She squeezed me and pulled away. She turned toward the sink, and maybe I saw tears in her eyes, but I'm not sure.

* * *

The next day at school, I saw Tessa, and turned my face away when she tried to kiss my lips. She looked at me with fire in her dark brown eyes. "Seriously, Dale?"

"Yeah, Tessa, I, um, I just don't think it will work out with us."

For a second, there was a blank look on her face, as if she couldn't even contemplate that I would reject her. It quickly changed to a frown, before it turned into a look of scorn. She stuck her small, but prominent chest out, turned away and said, "Your loss, loser," before swaying down the hall, putting on a pretty good show for me and everyone else in the hall.

I'm not sure if I just made a huge mistake, but it felt right. But, from the look on Larry's face, he didn't agree. "What the fuck, dude?" he asked.

"I guess I'm not interested."

"Like I said, what the fuck? That girl is like a little package of sex, and you just casually blow her off?"

"Yeah, it's a long story," I muttered, and walked away, almost bumping right into Rose.

"Are you O.K., Dale?" she asked, looking concerned.

"Uh, yeah, I guess so. I'm late for class." I walked away and maybe I saw Rose smile, but I'm not sure.

* * *

Things fell back into their usual pattern. I went to school, went to my club meetings, studied English with Rose, and no more cute girls offered to have sex with me. And my relationship with Rose went no further than the friends that we had become. In fact, as time went on, I found that she became one of my closest friends. We talked about pretty much everything, except for one, big thing. When I became comfortable enough to complain to her about my decision to reject Tessa, in light of my continued virginity, she reassured me that I had made the right decision, and like my Mom, was adamant that it was the kind of decision that the right woman would appreciate at the right time. Which was nice and all, but wasn't getting me laid.

For her part, Rose occasionally dropped some references to her past life, but they were vague and fleeting—usually when something that came up in something we were reading in English class, or some movie or show we were watching reminded her of something. Occasionally, she would start crying, and she would let me hold her and comfort her, but no more. Or she would run off to her room, and I would sit awkwardly until it was clear that she wasn't coming back, and I would go home.

I was frustrated, though, and found myself spending more time online watching porn, and while I thought about it occasionally, I never watched any Aubrey Angel videos. I wanted the real thing, and she was so close, I could almost taste it, but it seemed like it would never happen.

* * *

The weather turned cold, and I was focused on college applications and my schoolwork. I was hanging out with my old friends, although Larry had a girlfriend for a while, and with Rose, just treading water. There were a few times that it seemed like girls were flirting with me a little, but I was never attracted to any of them. My drought continued.

A few days before Christmas, I was doing my usual late shopping at the mall, when I got a text from Rose, "Pls give me a call."

I went to a quiet corner of the teeming shopping center and called, not sure what was going on.

"Dale?" she said in her quiet voice.

"Yeah, Rose. Everything O.K.? I'm at the mall," I added for no particular reason.

"Oh. Sorry to bother you..."

"It's no bother."

"Um, my mom is going to visit some relatives over Christmas, and I was wondering if you would like to come by at some point and hang out."

"Sure. But if you are going to be alone for Christmas, why don't I ask my parents if you can join us."

She paused. "No, that's O.K. I don't want to intrude."

"It's really no big deal—it is just the three of us, and my grandma."

"I really appreciate it, Dale, but honestly, I'd rather just have some quiet time alone. And I would like to spend some time alone with you here, if that's O.K."

"Um, sure, um, how about Christmas Day night—we eat an early dinner and then just sit around. I can probably get away."

"That sounds great, Dale. See you then."

I started walking back toward the stores, when I stopped short, causing the person behind me to bump into my back. After an exchange of apologies, I stood in the middle of the crowd of crazed shoppers pondering Rose's statement that she wanted to spend time alone with me. And what exactly that might mean. I also realized that I needed to buy her some sort of gift, and began to wonder what you buy for someone like Rose.

* * *

Usually, I liked my family's Christmas. It was low-key, and more about family than gifts. Ever since I was old enough to stop demanding the dumb stuff that kids want, we all exchanged fun, sometimes meaningful, gifts, sat around, watched movies and ate. Unfortunately, I was down to only one living grandparent, and my aunts and uncles all lived too far away for a big family get together, but I really appreciated the generally peaceful time. This year, though, all I wanted to do was to go over to Rose's house, and my Mom gave me an early release. I mean, for all I knew, it was just going to be like our usual hanging out, watching movies and talking. But I kept going over in my mind what she said on the phone. Did she emphasize the word "alone?" or "with you?" Or was I reading too much into it? She had, in all other respects never shown me any change in her reluctance to have any sort of physical relationship with me.

But, it was time to find out. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and grabbed the small wrapped gift before saying goodbye to my family and heading to Rose's house.

When I got there, she was wearing what I guess would be called a "little black dress" that hugged her curves. It was sexy without being slutty, and it took my breath away. Her hair was not in its usual pony tail and framed her beautiful face, which seemed to have some more makeup than usual, but not too much. She was stunning, and she smiled at what must have been the dumb look on my face.

"I guess you like me done up a little more than usual."

I struggled to say, "You, um, you look amazing."

"Thanks," she said, and performed a little mock curtsey.

I saw a bottle of wine on the table, and one half filled glass and one empty, in front of a small, artificial Christmas tree, lit up and covered in tinsel.

"Would you like some wine?"

"Sure." We had actually never drunk together. I knew that she was old enough to buy booze, but never asked her to get me any, and she never offered. I was not a big drinker, but had the occasional drink at parties, and some wine occasionally with my parents. She poured me a glass, and I noted that the bottle was only about half full, so she was already at least a glass ahead of me.

We moved to the couch and she asked about my Christmas, and I told her.

"That sounds nice," she said. "I never really remember a nice Christmas, I guess," she said. I decided to stay quiet and let her talk. "I never knew my father, and mom had a bunch of boyfriends, and they used to drink a lot." She paused. "And you know how that worked out." Her beautiful blue eyes started to tear up, but she squared her shoulders, which had the effect of causing her breasts to jut out toward me, before saying, "but that's not what I want to talk about today. It's fucking Christmas." She took a long drink from her wine.

Rose turned to me, and surprisingly took my hands and looked in my eyes. "What I want to say is that I think I might be ready to take our friendship to a new level, um, if you know, you are interested."

I must have looked stunned, because Rose laughed. And then I felt the heat crawling up my neck, meaning that I was probably turning red. I tried to say something, but before I could, Rose leaned in and gently touched her lips to mine. It felt exactly perfect, and we just lingered there, not pressing forward or doing anything else. She pulled back slightly, and I wondered if she was about to go running off, like she did that time in the park. But instead she smiled.

"That was good," she said, sounding both surprised and pleased. She leaned forward again, and this time, kissed me harder, slipping her tongue into my mouth. I pulled her close to me on the couch, and we just kissed and held each other. I had no idea how far she was willing to go, and the last think I wanted to do was to blow this by pushing her past her limits. That all being said, I was harder than I ever remembered being, and it was pretty uncomfortable.

Rose detached herself from me, and looked at me and she looked happy. "Thanks, Dale."

I had no idea why she was thanking me. "No, Rose, thank you."

"No, Dale, I've wanted to do that again since that day in the park, you know, but I couldn't. It's taken me this long, and lots of therapy. And maybe half a bottle of wine, but I did it, and I feel good."

I smiled, hoping for more. But instead, she said, "Dale, remember when I told you that I wasn't the right person to be your girlfriend."

"I guess," I said, which was a lie, since I had gone over that conversation in my head so many times that I could probably recite it word for word, with all of the appropriate inflections and body language.

"I'm still not sure if I'm being fair to you, but if you are willing, and are willing to take things slowly, I'd like you to consider, you know, being together."

"Yes." I didn't need to think things over. "Absolutely, yes."

"I mean, I'm not ready to do—"

I interrupted, "I don't care. I like you, and I don't care about that stuff. I can go as slow as you want. But I have to ask you, why me? I mean, I'm just a regular guy, I'm younger than you, I have no experience at all, and I'm not the best looking guy in the world."

Rose paused before answering. "First, you underestimate how good looking you are, but that isn't the most important thing. I remember that first day, how you were friendly with me, polite, not trying any moves on me. I just got a sense that you were a genuine guy. And after that, you were always friendly, nice, respectful and helpful, and even though I could tell that you liked me, you didn't press me. You were, really, the first true friend I had made in like forever, who didn't seem to want anything from me other than friendship. The way you handled finding out about my, uh, past was incredible. From keeping Sam quiet, to getting your parents involved, and then the school. I realized that I really liked you, too, and that I could trust you....."

Her eyes filled with tears again, and she slid closer to me and rested her head on my chest, while I stroked her hair and rubbed her shoulder. We sat there for a long time, just like that, and I loved the way she felt against me. The most I did was run my hand down her side, as far as I could reach, which was roughly her hip, and she didn't seem to mind.

Rose turned, gave me a quick sweet kiss, and said, "It's Christmas—I have a gift for you." She got up and went out of the room, returning with a small, wrapped package. I went over and got my gift for Rose and handed it to her. "You first," she said.

I opened the package, and it was a copy of 1984, a hard cover copy with a green cover. It looked old. "It's a first edition," she said.

I was dumbfounded. "That must have cost---"

"Don't worry, it's O.K."

"It makes my gift look pretty lame," I said as she opened the box, revealing the small, silver rose necklace.

"It's beautiful," she said, and actually seemed sincere. "I love it. Please put it on me."

She handed me the necklace and turned around and held her hair up. I opened the clasp and put the chain around her elegant neck, inhaling her scent. After I closed the clasp, she let her hair down and pressed herself against me, causing my apparently permanently erect cock to press against her ass. I hugged her from behind and nuzzled her neck. I was about as happy as I could have imagined. I couldn't resist, and I reached up to cup her breasts, briefly feeling their weight and the hardness of her nipples when Rose pulled away from me.

"I'm not ready for that, yet," she yelled, her eyes wild like a cornered animal. I looked at the clock on the wall, and saw that it was nearly 1 a.m. "I think you should go. I'm sorry."

I was pretty sorry too, for lots of reasons, and just nodded. She even stepped back when I tried to kiss her goodbye. I gathered my stuff and drove home. I was very frustrated, and went over the night in my head as I drove. I decided to focus on the incredible kissing, my brief memory of the feel of her breasts in my hand. And the fact that she said that she was not ready, "yet." "Yet" is a word that gives a desperate man hope. Luckily, when I got home everyone in my house was asleep, so I'm pretty sure that no one heard me jerk off.

* * *

The next morning, when I came downstairs, Mom was making eggs, and bacon was frying. Dad was sitting at the table, drinking coffee and eating breakfast. Mom poured me a mug, and asked, "So, how did it go last night."

"Well," I said. "We had some wine, we talked, and exchanged gifts." All of that was true, but I knew it wasn't what she wanted to hear. I kind of hoped that she would let me move on, but I didn't expect it. And I was right.

"That sounds nice," she said. Then paused. She looked hard at me. "That's all?"

I knew that if I tried to evade her, she would, in her subtle, loving and insistent way, try to worm more information out of me. So, I figured that I'd let her know what happened. "Actually, Mom, Rose said that she wanted to have a relationship with me, you know," I faltered, and could see Mom and Dad glance at each other.

Dad put down the paper, "How do you feel about that?"

"Good, I think, yeah, really good. I mean, I really like her, and all."

Mom fixed her gaze on me. "Did you and Rose—"

Before she could finish, I interrupted. "No, Mom, we didn't, although that really is kinda private. But she is still having issues with being touched, so I don't think that you have anything to worry about." I felt myself getting a little annoyed, but I knew that she meant well. Even so, I didn't want to talk about it anymore, so I went off to my room to sulk and think.

* * *

As New Year's approached, Rose and I spoke, had a couple of coffees, but other than a kiss hello and goodbye, it seemed like things had taken a step backwards physically. She was pleasant, usually, but nothing more than that, and I wondered how much of what she had said at Christmas was the wine talking. I took out my frustration on my college applications and parents, hung out with Albert and Larry and watched movies with my parents at night. I kind of assumed that Rose and I would do something on New Year's Eve, but we never discussed it.