All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 108'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 130 Comments (Page 2)
PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
Tefler and Patreon

This is all publicly available information so I don't mind clarifying it since an anon poster mentioned it.

Patreon takes a bit over 5 percent of collected fees. That means Tefler is making about $7,400 per month with two chapters a month...which is his average production on Patreon.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
@shore1nut

Um....Jade suggested to John as he was reaching for his rifle that he should use his sword and John then set runes on the thing.

So: I am REALLY confused how my mention that this will be the first major battle that John will be using his Progen powers, given the information in the last scene, is a spoiler.

Would you be so kind as to explain that to me? Because I really try hard NOT to give spoilers....what I said was actually patently obvious in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

Another great chapter!!.. when is the graphic novel coming out? Would love to see some art to go with the awesome story line!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Marvellous space opera

I repeat myself deliberately in the comment title, this is a very engaging and entertaining tale!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Let's Talk About Tefler's Finances for a bit

I checked Patreon and he gets about 4k USD per chapter. Averaging about one chapter per month recently, is that enough to run a household in the UK? Especially considering that he quit his job to write... I don't know how well the books are doing on Amazon, but say they bring in at least 3 months of Patreon equivalent. Let's not also forget that Amazon and Patreon take a substantial cut of around 30% if I'm not wrong. I don't know if he has kids, and I don't know if his wife works.

It's just that, how much financial sense does it make for him long term? Is he ruining his future to write?

It's just that the numbers on the Patreon page got me thinking about all this. I'm sorry if it's rude and too personal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The fact’s

He doesn’t shave or cut his hair because in order for hair to grow cells have to go through there life and we already know he is immortal so his cells are probably in a sort of stasis mode to keep them from aging thus making hair not grow.

bob9bob9over 5 years ago

So are Jade and John just assuming that there won't be another psychic-blocking device this time? He really shouldn't be relying solely on psychic powers like this (I'm assuming the runes would get blocked as well) after encountering that device for the first time. I have a hard time buying this notion that laser weaponry is obsoleted by psychic powers like that; it just makes John look like he hasn't learned anything from his fight with Baledranax.

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsover 5 years ago
I knew it! Another Cliffhanger with a major Battle coming up!

A Major Battle in the beginning of a Major War against the Kirrix! I dont know how I'm going to hold out waiting for the next chapter!

PaxITPaxITover 5 years ago
Just right...

I concur with most of the comments here. Five stars, no doubt at all... I'd give you six if possible.

The way you build character, and don't just go from fight scene to fight scene is amazing. You build the characters, the plot, the scope and scale of the story amazingly well.

Don't let anyone sway you from the way you do this... (I know you won't, but I just wanted to support you on this) It is great just the way it is. You leave lots of hints, and leave us wondering whether these are clues for future chapters, or just tidbits within the story. Truly well done and written.

Thank you!!

litreader9696litreader9696over 5 years ago
responding to...

@Frika

Hell yes it could, and most likely would be a one-sided ass kicking slaughter against the Kirrix, except that they have to wield those massively overpowered weapons like scalpels, or else all the humans they're trying to save will be killed as well.

Now, if they were any other enemy than an infesting bug race, they could just go wild, and wipe the floor with them before the fleet even gets there...ten bucks says they still have it mopped up by then, he he.

-----------------

@Tefler

Thanks for the response. I was sleep deprived when I wrote that. While I still believe in the conservation of resources, I guess I had forgotten that after his last altercation with Progenitor John, he had "freed up some more psychic space" or whatever, allowing him access to more Progenitor knowledge, but is now using much less power containing PJ, so he probably has much more to use in battle. I still think he should make use of "conventional" weapons. I would kill to see him running around with a Dana Special on one, or both shoulders, leaving his hands free for swordwork. Paragon War Machine FTW!!!!! Or Predator, if you're not an Iron Man fan. Maybe Dana could miniaturize a tachyon lance for him, and John can be blasting away at ranged targets, while simultaneously cleaving through hordes of enemies?

BTW...the Paragon armor hasn't gotten an update in quite a few chapters, what gives?

Love your work, please never stop. I want you writing when you're just a head in a jar, like in Futurama! lol

---------------------

@Fredant

The only upgrades I'm aware of beyond a Tachyon Lance right now to swap out for the Nova Lances, would be the Quantum Flux Cannon like the one the Ashanath recovered on Mael'nerak's ship that they renamed the Legacy after attempting to rebuild it, which Dana is still reverse engineering, or a Quantum Annihilator like the one that Nexus dug up on the Moon to destroy Earth. That thing was as big, or bigger, than the Invictus, though, if memory serves.

The QFC kind of got forgotten when the latest items were discovered in the visual library of the Vulkat tech archives by Faye at the very end of Ch. 106.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Its starting to look quite interesting.

Whoa! the way you move each character into position for the coming fight, is awe inspiring. The story flows so smoothly that one could have thought you had been a very productive author for more than forty years, not the short time you actually have been. I absolutely love this chapter and are looking forwards to some serious Kirrix ass kicking.

One thing worries me though, Tefler. Your continuing description of Alyssas growing cruelty towards people she don't have an emotional connection to. And now she is a full Progenitor. I fear this is foreshadowing Alyssa some time in the future going dark progenitor. Forcing John and the others to fight her. She already has the tendency to think " Might make Right" The way she dealt with Weber, and her cruel refusal of any regret of her actions, in this chapter, is worrying indeed. And what is worse, she is starting to manipulate John into the same mindset. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. What started as her sometimes being a bit reckless in the protection of the others, now is turning to something far darker. Thankfully the process seems to go slow, so there stil is time to save her.

Anyway, Thanks again for yet another marvelous chapter, Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Is it just me?

Or has anyone else noticed that John doesn't shave and cut his hair at all? Just wondering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OMG just WOW

Tefler,. I am glad that you are back from vacation and that I hope your family is doing well. This was the master piece in how to leave a cliff hanger and I can't wait to sink my teeth into the next chapter. I hope that you continue to post here for a very long time.

Texanguy1

babasluvbabasluvover 5 years ago
Must be a Surprise Coming

Tef, your are the man.

Great story and well paced. I'm left to wonder what surprises the Kirrix will have for our mighty crew. It won't be as easy as it seems, even with the new upgrades.

I have a favorite paperback series that releases a book every six months. After reading, I get a little needy for the next, then let it ride until the next release. When the battle with the Kirrix is over in Chapter 109 I think I'll let Tefler work his magic for a long while and build up several chapters. Ch. 106-108 totaled about 800 book pages. That's about as long as a Game of Thrones novel.

Something to look forward to on those cold winter nights in Dec.

Thanks again Tef.

babasluv

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks Tefler

Thank you O great writer...

We poor simpletons are eagerly waiting for the next dose.

Another 5. Except two areas of dev. of emily and nymphs + helen.

There development are surreputiously left out for next chapters we are eagerly waiting.

Great job as allways...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome

Well nothing like a good teaser chapter. That rocked!

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
spoiler

Hey PLR keep it to yourself. shore1nut

sailorchamp24sailorchamp24over 5 years ago
Awesome

I can't wait to see John fighting full out as a Progenitor. 109 is gonna be epic! Thanks for sharing this with us all. Is there a timeframe for ebook 4 yet?

FredantFredantover 5 years ago
Great end to the build-up...

to the showdown with the Kirrix. The continuing development of Alyssa and the other girls will be critical I think, in how the conflict with BPS plays out.

Nice to see the (shorter) side stories continue. I am very interested to see what happens next to Tony and the girls - I am a great fan of redemption stories.

As a side note, just wondering on the tachyon lance upgrade. Have the two existing Nova lances also been upgraded to this new tech? Otherwise will they now not be a bit rubbish by comparison?

Also really think those mobile weapon platforms (hover-bots with guns) would come in very handy right now...

Looking forward to the big fight!

TeflerTeflerover 5 years agoAuthor

"Fuck appearances"

Jade doesn't care about what John looks like when he fights. Why would she encourage him to abandon a rifle and just use a sword instead?

"Conservation of resources should have been hammered into John over the twenty years or so he served as a soldier"

It was; he's normally very practical, with his mind firmly grounded in reality. But what's been John's problem with regard to psychic power usage in the past?

Chapter 109 is finished and up on Patreon, but I'm still editing it at the moment and a couple of my editors are busy this week. You can probably expect to see chapter 109 here on Literotica at the end of the month.

Tefler

FrikaFrikaover 5 years ago
Surprised again ...

Blow me down with a Tachyon Lance, wasn’t expecting chapter 108 to be posted so quickly, although I must admit Teffler spoilt us with 20 pages last month , I reached the end of this chapter then realised another cliffhanger was waiting ....

The storyline with the characters interactions have pulled the sub stories into aligning, can’t wait to see what is unleashed next month in chapter 109, no doubt a good bug squishing event, to be honest Mr Teffler i’m expecting bug splattering to turn my page green if you know what I mean. Hehe .

There seems to be an extremely outnumbered ,lopsided battle about to take place , I mean 5 fire teams , 3 with reaper cannons, an ominously green dragon about to squish bugs with her feet literally and a Proginator armed with merely a glowing sword? Their support ships are the Valkyrie , Raptor and the white hulled apocalypse ship manned by Faye, the bugs don’t don’t stand a chance.

Now if I could just fold time so chapter 109 appears tomorrow everything would be perfect. Keep up the good story Maestro . Until next month ..(20 pages is too short, just my humble opinion )

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The story that just keeps giving!

Tefler, this is some of the best story telling I've encountered anywhere. Thank you, I for one are hungry for more.

litreader9696litreader9696over 5 years ago
Worth the wait...

Especially knowing the fight is on for the next chapter.

Not sure how I feel about Buckingham's daughter being stalked, and her fiance worrying about her from afar. It's kind of distracting. Wherever Tefler's taking it, I kind of hope it is resolved next chapter, because the foreplay is getting old.

Ironically, I am looking forward to the reunion between the guy and gals in the tunnel, and Alyssa and Dana. Maybe I just like guys with harems who actually care about his women as more than just objects. I wonder if Rachel will regrow the amputated arm, seeing as how she's done it before. I guess it depends on if she's got any psychic gas left in the tank when they rescue them. I wonder if they are the only three survivors who weren't captured and implanted...

I was thinking, while the whole glowing Progenitor poetry jam was going on, since John did it for Alyssa, why can't he turn the others into Progenitors? I mean, he doesn't need to make them all into matriarchs, but imagine how much more powerful they would be if at least all the Terran and Maliri girls were promoted to Progenitors! John would need an army of thralls even less than he already does, to be able to stand up to Larn'kelnar.

Watching John go off into battle against a horde of bugs with just his sword is shortsighted. It's a melee weapon, useless at range, unless he expends massive amounts of their limited supply of psychic energy. He should have kept the Quantum Rifle, or maybe even a Reaper Cannon. Fuck appearances and other people's opinions! Who cares, if the only ones alive afterward are your side??? Conservation of resources should have been hammered into John over the twenty years or so he served as a soldier, especially as he knows from past battles how easy it is to run out of energy at the worst possible moment. Relying on psychic powers so much from the start, against an invasion force...epic fail, especially since he and the girls haven't discovered how to make Progenitor mana elixirs.

OK, time to forget sleeping at all tonight, I'll never wake up if I try to sleep for the last few hours before morning comes. Guess I'll just reread this chapter, of course, then go back to reading stuff on FanFiction until Ch. 109 goes live.

Thanks, Tefler. Keep up the excellent work!!!

OmniferisOmniferisover 5 years ago
5 *'s

Really good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

The literary equivalent of Vincent van Gogh...

ok that may be going a bit far but true artistic merit as demonstrated in

Tefler's writing stands on its own

fromindiafromindiaover 5 years ago
It's killing me...

A mini soap opera before real show... You are killing me with anticipation

Can't you hyper jumped into fighting with progenitors....

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 5 years ago
This is the first

Battle where John is going full progen with his attack. It is going to be epic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I’m hyped!

Bugs gunna get squushed!

Thanks Tefler! Thanks for sharing your story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

Well do my good man!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
"You've grown beyond that"

well worth the wait thank you Tefler. Between your writing, your editing process and your editors you have again produced a well paced action piece with well developed (and developing) characters obviously setting us up for the action of combat and discovery. It seems to be a habit of yours to leave us in anticipation with another cliff hanger type ending but I think you do it well - especially if we will all be moaning about getting a sequel. There are bits in here I need to think about some more - are these hints for future story arcs or nice ways of closing up current arcs?

Well done and thank you.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES