Three Square Meals Ch. 126

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That sounds ominous," Edraele noted, looking at Tamolith curiously. "Is that hyperbole or are you referring to a specific threat?"

Tamolith grimaced, revealing rows of huge fangs. Edraele instinctively knew that the dragon's fearsome visage wasn't intended to intimidate; the Kintark Empress seemed loathe to admit that her Empire was in trouble.

"Would that I were being overly dramatic," Tamolith finally growled, her expression darkening. "I need to speak with John Blake urgently, but I've been unable to contact him via Terran Federation comms channels. I know that the Progenitor is held in high regard by your people, as he spoke on your behalf during the armistice with the Federation. Is he currently residing within the Maliri Protectorate?"

"No, he is not here at present," Edraele said, wary not to reveal too much. "However, I can get word to him if you are willing to elaborate on the threat you face."

The huge dragon studied the Maliri Queen speculatively, before making her decision. "The Kintark Empire has been betrayed; our territory invaded by a huge invasion force from the Brimorian Enclave."

"I thought you were allies!" Edraele exclaimed, shocked at the dire turn of events.

"We were... but it was an alliance built on a foundation of sand; a foundation thoughtlessly excavated by my half-witted predecessor!" Tamolith snarled, her huge tail lashing back and forth in anger. "Baledranax over-committed our forces in the war against the Terran Federation and left the Empire's border critically vulnerable to Brimorian opportunism. The Enclave sensed our weakness and struck... and now they are gobbling up Kintark systems as fast as they can!"

Edraele eased back in her seat and steepled her fingers. "I can only assume that you aren't trying to contact John Blake to keep him apprised of the situation. Is there another purpose to this call, Empress?"

Tamolith slumped, her anger and bluster deflated. "You assume correctly, Maliri Queen. The Terran Federation did return a sizeable fleet of Imperial vessels to the Empire as part of the terms of our surrender, but we do not have the numbers to repel the Brimorians from our borders. The Enclave fleets are only a week away from besieging Kinta and we do not have adequate forces to prevent their conquest of my homeworld..."

The dragon hesitated, shame and reluctance in her eyes as she wrestled with her pride.

Having no desire to see the proud creature beg, Edraele took pity on the anguished Empress and said quietly, "You have my sincere sympathies, Tamolith. While I'm sure John would have been willing to intervene, unfortunately he is in Kirrix territory at the moment; he cannot reach your Empire in time to stop the Brimorians."

Tamolith slumped, her scaly shoulders sagging in resignation. Suddenly the bright light of hope appeared in her eyes and she stared intently at the Maliri Queen. "Your fleets are formidable, Edraele! You could crush the treacherous Brimorians with ease! I know you sided with the Terran Federation against Baledranax, but I have no intention of repeating his mistakes! I could be a loyal ally to you if you were to assist me against the Enclave!"

Edraele paused for a long moment as she considered the ramifications of a war with the Enclave. "I am sympathetic to your plight, but the present situation within the Maliri Protectorate is... complicated. I'm afraid I cannot-"

"I am desperate, Edraele!" Tamolith interjected, a flicker of fear crossing her draconic features. "Should the Enclave annex the Kintark Empire, the lives of my precious darlings would be in jeopardy! Just name the price for your aid against the Brimorians! I have dealt with John Blake before and he knows that I uphold my end of a bargain!"

Tapping her fingers pensively on the desk, Edraele met the dragon's pleading gaze. "I'll need to discuss your request with my advisors. I will contact you shortly with my decision, Empress."

Tamolith, bowed her head in gratitude. "I will await your answer with great anticipation, Queen Edraele... you hold the fate of the Kintark Empire in your hands."

***

John relaxed on the jungle floor, the bed of moss surprisingly comfortable. Orange and green pulses of light made slow progress across the foliage overhead, his two companions illuminating the glade with their soothing radiance. He glanced down at the Nymphs resting in his arms and smiled at the sight of the catgirl's bulging tummy, her white navel ballooning outwards from her orange and black flanks.

"The contrast in your markings is so beautiful, Leylira," Jade murmured, running a hand over her sister's curves. "I love how John highlighted your throat and stomach in white... it's like a reminder that you need to be fed lots of his cum."

The tigress gave John a languid smile. "I'm glad you covered me in an instruction manual, Master. Absorbing your load would prove difficult if you got confused and came in my ear..."

He brushed aside her jet-black mane and said earnestly, "I might not be able to help myself, honey. You've got very sexy earlobes..."

Leylira looked at him in surprise, then realised he was teasing her and burst into laughter. "I thought you were being serious for a moment!"

The tiger-striped catgirl had a deeper voice than the other Nymphs, the sultry tone reflected in her earthy chuckles.

"It could be a sensible alternative," he joked, caressing her ear. "You're very feisty when you get turned on... I wouldn't want anything getting bitten off."

"This one wouldn't dream of hurting your cock, Master!" Leylira gasped, genuinely shocked. "Is that why you haven't fed me orally since I changed to this catgirl form?"

"Relax, I was only joking," John said giving her a reassuring hug. "You're so wild when you get horny, you manage to bring out the beast in me. I was so into making love to you that changing positions never even crossed my mind." He paused and brushed his fingertips over her slick pussy. "Is there a problem with me feeding you this way?"

Leylira relaxed and shook her head. "No, not at all; Jade taught me how to absorb your cum whichever way you decide to fill me up. I just want you to know that you'll be perfectly safe if you'd like a blowjob sometime."

"An angry blowjob?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not sure how that would work exactly."

Her amber eyes sparkled. "I'm sure I can find a way to make it entertaining, Master..."

*Sorry to interrupt, John,* Edraele said, her tense voice cutting through his mind. *Can we speak for a moment?*

*Of course, Edraele. What's the problem?*

*I just received an urgent communication from Tamolith. The Kintark Empire has been invaded by the Brimorians!*

"What the hell?!" John blurted out, sitting bolt upright.

Leylira looked up at him in alarm until Jade quietly explained the reason for his sudden outburst.

*I thought the Brimorians and Kintark were allies?* he said, bewildered by the startling news. *They were trading tech and ship components only a couple of weeks ago!*

*That was my initial reaction too. I imagine Tamolith was just as surprised when the Brimorians turned on her,* the Maliri Queen noted dryly. *After Baledranax stripped all the ships from his territory and threw them at the Terran Federation, he left his Empire critically vulnerable. The Kintark are hopelessly outnumbered; they only have a third of the fleet assets the Enclave sent to invade them. It seems Deep Lord Athgiloi sensed blood in the water and the Brimorians are planning to annex what's left of the Kintark Empire.*

*Well, I never saw that coming.* John said with a rueful frown, running his fingers through his hair. *Let me guess; Tamolith called you begging for help?*

*She was actually trying to track you down,* Edraele informed him. *When I explained that you were too far away to assist, she pleaded for me to intervene instead. I told her that I needed to discuss the situation with my advisors before giving her an answer. You are Warleader for the Protectorate, so you have sole discretion over committing the Maliri to war with the Brimorians.*

John sighed, feeling the heavy burden of responsibility that role entailed. *I don't want the Enclave to conquer the Kintark Empire, but we can't let this distract us from the war with the Progenitors. As much as I'd like to crush the Brimorians, we need your forces ready to capture Larn'kelnar's fleets. Let me discuss the situation with Calara and we'll make a decision, okay?*

*Of course, John,* Edraele said softly. *Just let me know if you require any more information.*

*I've informed Calara,* Alyssa interjected, before he needed to ask. *We'll meet you in the Briefing Room.*

*Thanks, honey,* he said gratefully, rising to his feet. Turning to the Nymphs, he offered them each a hand. "I had a wonderful time with you two, but I'm afraid I need to get back to the ship."

"We know," Jade said with an understanding smile as she rose smoothly. "Are you going to run back to the Invictus, or would you like me to fly you home?"

"Fly me?" he asked in surprise.

"Good choice, Master," the Nymph purred, padding across the jungle to a small clearing.

Jade began to shimmer as her form expanded to immense proportions, her bulk growing so huge that she knocked over several trees. When the haze faded, she had shapeshifted into her draconic form, the massive green dragon towering over her companions.

Leylira caught her breath, then ran her hand reverently over her sister's vast scaly flank. "So powerful..." she whispered in awe. Turning to face her master, the catgirl had a wistful look in her eyes. "Do you think I'll be able to become a dragon one day, John?"

He smiled, recognising her use of his name for the first time. "You really want this, don't you, honey?"

"I want to fight at your side, Master," she replied, a feral gleam in her eyes. "Yes, I want this."

John put his arms around the eager catgirl. "I poured a lot of love and attention into Jade to help get her where she is today. Are you sure you'd like that?"

Leylira swooned in his embrace, barely able to believe her ears. "Oh yes, John..." she said breathlessly.

"Such a good little Nymph," he said with a smile. John stroked her swollen tummy and continued, "I'll do my part, but you're going to need lots of lessons from the expert on shapeshifting to become as strong as Jade."

The green dragon loomed above them, watching the couple with a benevolent smile. "I can start your first lessons this afternoon, sister," Jade rumbled, holding out her opened foreclaw for them to climb onto. "Step on here and I'll help you up onto my back."

John jumped onto the dragon's huge scaly limb, then offered a hand to Leylira to help her up too. Jade lifted her claw up to her shoulder, letting the pair clamber onto her back amidst the boney spikes. He settled down in a relatively comfy spot between her shoulder blades with the catgirl seated in front of him. Leylira curled her tail around his waist, then glanced back to give him an enthusiastic grin.

Jade twisted her long serpentine neck around so that she could check they were secure. "Grab onto something, Master. I don't want you to fall."

He wrapped one arm around Leylira to keep her safe, then clung onto one of Jade's spikes with the other. "Okay, we're ready!"

With a toothy smile that bared fangs longer than John's legs, Jade turned in a circle, using her hefty tail to fell any trees that might interfere with her take off. Tall tropical kapoks crashed to the ground after every thunderous impact, the branches snapping in a shower of scattered leaves. Satisfied that she had enough room to manoeuvre, Jade flexed the huge muscles in her scaly shoulders, her wings snapping out to both sides.

She lifted them at the same time then beat down, her vast wingspan buffeting her passengers and blasting away swirls of fallen leaves. Jade increased the speed, her wings rising and falling rapidly. Crackling pulses of sonic energy swirled through the air above, before folding under Jade's whipping wing membranes, creating a bouncing bubble of air below that lifted them upwards with a booming moan. The air itself felt alive and responsive to Jade's will, then almost impossibly for a creature of that gargantuan size, her draconic form was airborne.

John felt his stomach sink as they launched into the sky, the dragon gaining height rapidly. Jade cleared the jungle canopy, and ascended ever higher, turning as she rose until she was facing towards the Invictus. The view over the jungle was spectacular and John found himself holding his breath as he marvelled at the view. He'd flown across Arcadia on a hoverbike, but soaring across the sky on a dragon's back was a magical experience.

*Hold on tight!* Jade called back, turning to give him a playful grin.

She tucked in her wings and angled down into a dive, her back arching as her tail weaved around to act as a rudder.

"Oh yeah!" Leylira screamed, holding both hands in the air as they plunged towards the jungle again.

John laughed as he shared her exhilaration, thrilled by the speed as Jade's wings snapped out to arrest their fall, until they were gliding effortlessly above the endless jungle. The Invictus rushed by beneath them and he noticed that Dana's golden glow had faded from the armour plating, returning the battlecruiser to its usual sparkling white. Jade banked to the side, circling the ship and bringing them about in a long sweeping descent. She changed the angle of her wings and with a flurry of beats, slowed their speed until she brought them to a halt. Jade hovered over the clearing between the Invictus and the Progenitor shuttle, before landing on the ground with a thump of her huge claws.

"I hope that wasn't too scary?" Jade asked, craning her serpentine neck about so that she could study her passengers with her emerald eyes.

Leylira hugged her sister's scaly back. "That was wonderful! Thank you!"

Jade's fang-filled visage twisted into a grin. "How about you, John?"

He smiled and patted her body. "I thought the last six months with you were exciting, but that was incredible."

She laughed, booming chuckles echoing from deep in her chest. "You can ride me any time, Master!"

After helping them from her back, Jade shifted back into her usual Nymph form. "I'll leave you to discuss the Brimorian situation with Calara," she said, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Leylira was the last of my sisters for this round of feedings, so I think it's about time I started teaching them more about shape-shifting. Just let me know if you need me for anything."

"Thanks for this afternoon, honey," John said, pulling her in for a tight hug. Pressing his lips to her ear, he added, "Not just for the dragon ride... your advice on the hunt was really insightful. I think you're right about just letting go and trusting my instincts."

"I'm so glad you found it helpful!" she gushed, squeezing him back just as hard.

They parted and John waved the pair of Nymphs goodbye as he headed for the grav-tube. Stepping into the blue anti-gravity field, he heard voices above and glanced upward to see the rest of Jade's sisters descending on the red side. Betrixa, Neysa, and Marika were all nude, which made for a most alluring view.

"Hey girls," he called out, as they floated down.

They waved to him excitedly.

"We're getting lessons on shapeshifting!" Betrixa gushed, her bright blue eyes sparkling.

Neysa looked thoughtful as she said, "I wonder if we're strong enough for Jade to teach us how to be a great cat?"

Marika raised her two hands, her fingers curled over in a cute approximation of paws. "Meow!"

"What the heck was that?" Neysa asked in confusion.

"It was me being a great cat," the tabby catgirl replied, flashing a smile at John.

He laughed at their antics and blew them a kiss goodbye, which they eagerly returned. When he stepped out onto the Command Deck, he could still hear the trio chattering away together, their perky exuberance bringing a grin to his face. He was still smiling when he entered the Briefing Room, where Calara, Alyssa, Sakura, and the twins were waiting for him.

Sakura studied his cheerful expression with a wry smile. "I don't like the Kintark very much, but I didn't realise the Brimorian invasion was happy news."

"Ah, it's not... the Nymphs were just making me smile," John explained self-consciously, taking his seat at the head of the table.

Alyssa ran her fingers over his hand, a look of concern on her beautiful face. "I'm sorry you got so upset earlier. I didn't want to stir up all those bad memories with Larn'kelnar, but Rachel thought it would help."

John pushed his chair back to make room, then pulled the worried blonde onto his lap. "It was painful dredging that up, but she was right... killing that bastard all over again felt pretty damn satisfying. I still really miss Faye, but at least I feel like I avenged her death now. There's a degree of comfort in that."

He glanced across the table at Sakura, who nodded, giving him a look of understanding.

"Anyway, we're not here to talk about me. Before we start, how's Dana doing?"

"Still out of it," Alyssa replied, leaning into his comforting hug. "Rachel and Helene are keeping an eye on her. I thought it best to just let her sleep, but we can wake her up if you want?"

"No, let her rest. I'm not surprised she was so tired after the amount of power she used," he replied, shaking his head in amazement. He turned to look at Calara and continued, "Alright, let's discuss the Brimorian invasion and what we're going to do about it... or not, as the case may be."

Calara leaned forward and made eye-contact with Irillith. "Would you do the honours?"

The Maliri twin already had the remote in her hand and her slender blue fingers seemed to dance across the buttons as she accessed their files, activating a map of the galactic empires. The glowing hologram appeared before them on the table, the territory owned by the different species marked in distinct colours. The Brimorian Enclave was highlighted in brown, the Kintark Empire denoted in crimson, with arrows showing the areas of hostile encroachment.

*Tamolith sent me all the data she has on the Brimorian forces and the progress of their invasion,* Edraele explained. *If you have any questions, let me know and I'll ask her for clarification.*

"I thought we were outside of comms range," John said, gesturing towards the map. "How did Edraele get this to us?"

"Mother described the Kintark war maps to me and I attempted to recreate them here," Irillith explained, gesturing towards the warzone. "Tamolith made an estimation of the Brimorian progress based on the systems she's lost contact with."

"Very clever," John said, nodding appreciatively. He glanced at Calara to see her fully absorbed by the floating image. "Preliminary analysis, Captain Fernandez?"

"It looks like the Brimorians hit the outward bulge of Kintark systems first, Admiral," the Latina replied, pointing to the protruding triangle bisecting the neighbouring galactic civilisations. "Those systems are a long way from the Terran border, so they obviously want to avoid any interference by the Federation. It also seems quite apparent that the Brimorians are methodically conquering all the systems en route to Kinta rather than rushing to take the homeworld. Tamolith's estimates are quite accurate; Enclave forces will be besieging her capital in approximately eight days."

"Now we know why the Brimorians didn't follow up with an invasion of Terran Space after their victory in the Callopean Shoals," Sakura said, staring at the map. "They had their eyes on a bigger prize..."

Calara nodded, a look of grudging respect on her face. "Athgiloi and his advisors are cleverer than I thought. I wouldn't be surprised if their plan all along was to let the Kintark and Terrans exhaust each other in a brutal war, then just clean up afterwards. They hit the Terran Federation while they were still reeling after the Kintark invasion, but limited themselves to only reclaiming systems that originally belonged to the Enclave. That would infuriate High Command, but it's hard to stir up the public's moral outrage when an alien empire is simply taking back uncolonised worlds in its own territory."

1...34567...22