Three Square Meals Ch. 128

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John let out an exasperated sigh. "Alyssa... why did you make this for me?" he asked, trying to remain as calm and patient with her as possible.

She turned and gave him a steady look. "Because you're Baen'thelas, the leader of the Maliri Protectorate. When you're interacting with the Maliri, you need to wear the appropriate attire."

"But I'm not their leader!" he protested, shaking his head stubbornly. "Edraele is the Maliri Queen, I'm just their Protector."

*Actually, my Lord, that's not entirely accurate,* Edraele interjected, her voice soft and soothing. *You agreed to lead the Maliri in times of war. We're currently in a state of war with Xar'aziuth and every Progenitor in the galaxy... therefore, you are now the undisputed leader of the Maliri Protectorate.*

His mouth fell open in shock.

*I wanted to discuss this with you when you returned to Genthalas, but your unexpected rendezvous with Lilyana's fleet prompted a change of plans,* Edraele explained. *Now is the perfect time for you to assume your rightful place as Lord and ruler of the Maliri.*

Alyssa sauntered over to join him, a wry smile on her face. "Come on, John, it can't be that much of a surprise. Edraele's been obeying your every command for months."

"But... I don't want to rule," he objected, looking at Alyssa in disbelief.

She gently cupped his cheek and gave him a sympathetic smile. "You already have been."

He shook his head in denial. "How? I don't know the first thing about running a galactic empire!"

*You've made every meaningful decision for the Protectorate since its creation,* Edraele said with an indulgent smile. *The matriarchs have been supporting you with administration of the systems under your control and we will continue to do so unless you order us otherwise. The Protector title was always just a formality, giving you time to adjust to the fact that you lead the Maliri with absolute authority.*

"Why are you telling me this now?" he muttered, reeling at the thought.

*Addressing Lilyana's fleet is an excellent opportunity for you to get used to your new role. When you return to Genthalas and start to meet with the new matriarchs, we can forgo the ruse that you are only in command of Maliri fleet assets. Sarinia has eliminated nearly all the older matriarchs and their replacements will be all too eager to embrace the new command structure within the Protectorate.*

John stood there stunned, realising that he'd been deluding himself for the last several months. Edraele was unquestioningly loyal to him, so crowning her as Queen and placing her in charge of the Maliri, was simply making her the figurehead for all his decisions. When Edraele assassinated four of the most powerful matriarchs and replaced them with their daughters, the creation of the Young Matriarchs had conclusively established his power base. Finding a peaceful resolution to Tsarra's rebellion and allying with those matriarchs was just the final step in rallying all the Maliri under his banner.

Alyssa stood on tiptoe and gave him a gentle kiss. "Don't worry, handsome, everything will be fine. While I'm getting ready, why don't you try on your new suit?"

He nodded distractedly, then started getting dressed in a daze. When he had finally finished putting on the clothes and boots, he turned to look for Alyssa and realised he was now standing alone in the wardrobe. Walking over to the sets of mirrors, he dreaded to think how ridiculous he looked in this new outfit.

John was startled to see that it fit him perfectly, accentuating his height and physique, while also being remarkably comfortable. The style was very similar to the dark suit Mael'nerak had worn in the video with Valada, but the dazzling white made a dramatic difference, projecting the same aura of benevolence as the Lion uniform. As John studied his reflection, he heard a sharp intake of breath from the doorway and when he turned to see who it was, found the twins gaping at him in awe.

"Oh my..." Irillith gasped, fanning herself with her hand.

"You look gorgeous..." Tashana whispered with a breathy sigh.

He couldn't help feeling embarrassed at their open admiration, with both Maliri girls staring at him starry-eyed.

"I told you the white would look amazing!" Alyssa called out smugly from the bedroom.

"Wait... you two were in on this?" John asked the Valaden sisters with a suspicious frown.

They strolled over to join him, their slender blue fingers reverently caressing his chest.

"The design of the jacket is ancient Maliri," Irillith murmured, biting her flushed lower lip. "You look ridiculously handsome, John."

Tashana nodded, an indigo bloom in her cheeks. "It looks perfect, Baen'thelas."

"I'm glad you approve," he said, finally giving them a cautious smile. "Are you sure this is the right sort of outfit to wear when I'm speaking to the Maliri in Lilyana's fleet?"

The twins nodded enthusiastically.

"It's not going to make them think I'm like Mael'nerak?" he asked with a worried frown.

Tashana shook her head. "Definitely not. Only the two of us have seen the video footage of Mael'nerak from the Nexus files and Valada's data archive. No other Maliri would make that connection."

"But why copy Mael'nerak's outfit?" he asked in confusion.

"Because you look like the Maliri equivalent of the proverbial handsome prince!" Irillith gushed. "Alyssa's an absolute genius; you look perfect!"

"Why thank you, it's nice to be appreciated," Alyssa said in a sultry purr as she sashayed into the wardrobe.

John looked her way then did a double-take.

Alyssa was wearing a long white sheath dress that hugged her statuesque figure like a second skin. Cut in the style that Maliri nobility favoured, there were slashes down its length, revealing tantalising glimpses of her flawless bronzed skin. Her golden mane was piled up high in an elaborate hair style, a few stray tendrils framing her exquisitely beautiful face. Having her blonde hair drawn back emphasised Alyssa's graceful neck and also revealed the pointed tips of her Kyth'faren ears.

"You look... magnificent," he said in a hushed voice as she stood before him.

"And so do you," she replied, a hint of satisfaction in her cerulean eyes.

John's hand reached out to touch her stomach, his fingers trembling slightly as they brushed across her soft skin.

"You can give me a full tummy later," she said with a knowing smile. "We're short of time, remember?"

He swallowed then nodded, offering her his arm as they left the wardrobe. John glanced back over his shoulder to smile at the twins. "Thanks for your help, girls."

The sisters waved goodbye, then started whispering furtively together, accompanied by a burst of excited giggles.

*What was that about?* he asked his matriarch as they walked along the corridor towards the grav-tube.

*I think I know what you'll be wearing for your little liaison with the twins in the Progenitor shuttle,* she replied, a coy smile teasing her lips.

John couldn't help laughing at that, easing the tension he was feeling. "Thanks for going to so much effort to make this suit," he said gratefully. "You're right, I should look the part when I'm dealing with the Maliri."

"So you've finally accepted that you're the head honcho?" she asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise.

He rubbed at his chin and sighed. "I guess I haven't got much choice. Arguing semantics over who leads them is pointless... I claimed the Maliri and now I have a responsibility to keep them safe. If that means leading them in this war then I will... supported by invaluable advice from my Queen."

*I live to serve, my Lord,* Edraele said, with a triumphant ring to her voice.

*I couldn't have asked for a more dedicated and loyal matriarch, Edraele,* he said earnestly. *I can't even begin to repay you for everything you've done for me and the Maliri.*

Shocked by his sincerity, the Maliri Queen murmured, *I love you, John... and I'll do anything I can to help you build a better future for my people.*

*For our people...* he corrected her.

Alyssa smiled at him as they stepped into the red anti-grav field. "Just think... you'll be seeing Edraele in just a few more days."

"I know," he replied, then proceeded to imagine all the things he'd like to do to his lovely Maliri matriarch.

*John!* Edraele gasped in surprise, then laughed in delight at the lewd imagery he'd conjured for her titillation.

John chuckled at her reaction as he led Alyssa out of the grav-tube on Deck Nine. They strolled through the Secondary Hangar, then entered the treatment area, where several hundred Trankarans were waiting to have their clutches of Kirrix eggs broken up by Sonic Cannons. Rachel was busy speaking to Warden Brokurlun and despite the huge Trankaran towering over her, it was easy to see by his body language how deferential he was towards the slender brunette.

Rachel caught the couple's entrance out of the corner of her eye and looked at them in amazement, then grinned and patted Brokurlun on the arm. "Here he is, Warden."

Brokurlun turned around, then marched purposefully towards John. "Forgive me, Great Protector!" he rumbled, dropping to his knees in supplication with a mighty clang. "I heard the Glowing Queen's words foretelling your benevolence, but still had doubt in my heart. When Dun Hergrun fell to the Kirrix, I directed my prayers for my family's salvation to the Great Maker... instead of placing my faith in you." He hung his head in shame. "I was a fool..."

It took John a moment to recover from his astonishment at the Trankarans dramatic confession. "You have nothing to apologise for, Warden. I'm sorry we couldn't liberate your home planet sooner. If there was any way I could have prevented the Kirrix invasion, I promise you, I would have done it."

Astonished that the Great Protector was apologising to him, Brokurlun stared at him in awe. "Queen Niskera told the rock-brethren that we needed to be worthy of your aid. It was the disunity within the Republic that led to civil war... and left our worlds vulnerable to invasion."

"At least all that's over with now; all your senators are united behind the Glowing Queen," John said, clapping him on the shoulder. "Come on, get up. You don't need to kneel before me, Brokurlun."

The Warden accepted a hand and rose to his feet, his eyes widening at the strength behind John's grip.

John turned to look at the queuing Trankarans waiting patiently for treatment. "Did Rachel warn you that we need to depart soon?"

"She did," Brokurlun rumbled in reply.

"I wish we could stay to help, but we're needed urgently in Maliri Space," John said, with a rueful frown. "I'll ask Lilyana to offer as much aid as she can for the next couple of days, then I'm afraid I need to redirect her fleet to the Brimorian border. The Brimorians are selling slaves to the Kirrix... and they've got to be stopped."

As Brokurlun listened, his slab-like features shifted from regret that the Maliri would be departing, to fury at the Brimorians. "Such a despicable act demands retribution! My fleet will accompany Fleet Commander Lilyana to smash this foul trade!"

John gave him a grateful smile. "Thanks for the offer, but your people have suffered enough... you need to get them back home. The Maliri will be able to handle the Kirrix and Brimorians."

"They are valiant and powerful warriors," Brokurlun reluctantly agreed. "The Trankaran Republic owes the Maliri... and you... a tremendous debt."

"I hope the Trankarans consider us to be friends as well as allies," John said earnestly. "And friends do whatever they can to help each other."

Brokurlun nodded, his amber eyes shining with strong emotions. "You will always be able to count on our support, Great Protector. On behalf of all the citizens of Dun Hergrun you saved from the Kirrix... thank you."

"I'm glad we were able to rescue your wife and parents, Brokurlun. Have a safe journey home."

The Trankaran Warden bowed deeply, as did the rest of the Trankarans nearby who had overheard the conversation. "Farewell, Great Protector."

Alyssa slipped her arm around John's and accompanied him across the hangar as they walked towards the Invictus' bow. *I really like the Trankarans, their hearts are in the right place.*

*Yeah, I like them too,* he agreed. *We must visit Niskera when we get the chance; I want to check that she's doing okay.*

They walked in silence for a moment, with Alyssa obviously distracted.

*I just told her we'd drop by sometime soon,* she said, hugging John's arm. *Niskera was delighted.*

*How was she feeling before that?* John asked, leading Alyssa through the reinforced doors at the far side of the room.

*She's been worrying a lot... but that's understandable considering how many Trankaran planets were invaded by the Kirrix. All the local Comms Beacons had been destroyed, so Brokurlun's fleet is out of communication range, but I've been keeping Niskera updated as the Maliri liberated each of her worlds.*

*I guess you can't tell how she's doing on a personal level?* John asked, walking through the Raptor's airlock and sealing the outer door behind them.

No longer at risk of being overheard, Alyssa switched back to regular speech. "No, I'm afraid not. I can sense her emotions, but there's no context; she's been feeling a bit isolated, but nothing too serious."

John nodded, his expression conflicted. "I really hope she meets someone that makes her happy."

Alyssa glanced at him and smiled. "Would it really be so terrible to have Niskera retire with us?"

"She's a lovely woman," John said, as he stepped into the grav-tube and ascended to the upper deck. "But I'd prefer it if Niskera makes a life for herself with her own people."

"Because you prefer your girls under 300 pounds?" Alyssa teased him. "Don't worry, a couple of weeks swallowing your cum would be the best rapid weight-loss diet ever!"

John rolled his eyes as he sat in the pilot's chair and fired up the gunship's engines. "You know that's not the reason."

"Yeah, but I'd still love to see what Niskera would look like with a thrall's body..." Alyssa admitted with a wistful smile.

The Raptor eased away from the Invictus, retro-thrusters firing in short bursts to separate the two vessels. When John was satisfied that they were clear of the hull, he pushed the flight stick to the right and ramped up power to the engines. They left behind the sparkling white battlecruiser docked with the rust-coloured Trankaran battleship, then John made an abrupt turn, pointing the gunship towards the Maliri fleet.

The golden-hulled vessels were dispersed amongst the shattered remnants of the Kirrix armada, with cruisers and carriers leading the relief effort. There were also a trio of sleek battleships under Lilyana's command, the deadly vessels waiting on the periphery of the starship graveyard. They floated motionless in space, like a trio of gilded baubles resting on a blanket of black velvet.

Glancing at the Tactical Map and checking the Maliri identification runes, John aimed the Raptor at the Galaena Serine. "I better hail them and ask permission to land."

*You no longer need ask permission to do anything, my Lord,* Edraele gently reminded him.

Seconds after she'd spoken, the shuttle bay doors at the rear of the central Maliri capital ship split apart, a glowing flight path guiding the way inside. Several fighter wings raced over to flank them, the sleek Nievath interceptors spiralling around the Raptor as they formed an honour guard.

"Looks like they're rolling out the red carpet..." Alyssa said airily. "I think someone's looking forward to seeing you."

He shot her an apprehensive glance. "Can you land the Raptor? You're a better pilot then me."

The blonde nodded, knowing he wanted to make a good impression. "Of course, handsome."

Taking the co-pilot's flight stick, she performed an elegant victory roll, one that was quickly copied by the dozen interceptors escorting them to the battleship. She laughed in delight, then followed the glowing navigation route into the shuttle bay, where she guided the gunship down to the precise centre of the landing pad. John peered through the cockpit window and saw that the hangar was packed full of Maliri, the uniformed crewwomen chattering excitedly together as they waited for him to make an appearance.

Rising from his chair, he couldn't help but smile, feeling a rush of anticipation for the victory celebrations over the Kirrix. "We better not keep them waiting any longer."

Alyssa's hands flew over the console as she powered down the engines, then she grinned and took his arm. "Lead on, Baen'thelas."

Leaving the cockpit, they descended in the grav-tube and entered the forward loading area, where the ramp had already lowered to the deck. John could see a trio of women at the forefront of the waiting crowd and immediately recognised Almari and Ilyana, the two assassins wearing black jumpsuits rather than Paragon armour. The third woman he'd only met once before, when Lilyana had been with a score of House Valaden senior officers, who were added to Edraele's network of wards with Jade's tentacular assistance. The Fleet Commander fidgeted with her short white hair and he could immediately see how eager she was to see him again.

*Here we go,* he thought to Alyssa, bracing himself for a wall of triumphant cheers from the excited crowd.

They walked over to the edge of the ramp, where they stood in plain sight of the waiting throng... and a stunned silence cut all chatter stone-dead. Thousands of dark-haired Maliri gaped at him in awe, their angular eyes dazzled with a look of wondrous disbelief. John froze, shocked by their extreme reaction to his mere presence, and darted an apprehensive glance at Alyssa.

*Clothes maketh the man,* Alyssa declared, with no small degree of satisfaction.

When John glanced down at his new suit in astonishment, he heard her stifle a giggle.

*It's you, John, not the outfit,* Edraele explained with an indulgent smile. *You claimed the Maliri... and we are yours to command.*

He swallowed and started down the ramp with Alyssa at his side, well aware that every woman in the huge room was staring at him. As he approached the three Maliri waiting to greet him, he saw that Lilyana was nearly as awestruck as her fellow crewwomen, but thankfully the assassins had recovered from their initial surprise.

"John!" Ilyana cried out in delight, unable to hold herself back any longer. She ran to meet him, laughing joyfully when he caught her in his arms.

Almari was moments behind, throwing herself into his embrace and showering him with kisses. "I missed you so much, Baen'thelas!"

He hugged them both tight, any sense of reservation at being in front of the crowd forgotten. "I missed you too!" he exclaimed, kissing each assassin soundly. Pulling back, he looked at them with a serious expression. "Were you good girls? Did you do as I asked?"

They both nodded earnestly.

"I made sure she never got hurt!" Ilyana declared with a proud smile.

Almari darted an affectionate glance at the other assassin. "She didn't get so much as a scratch."

"I'll need to check for myself later," he said, brushing the backs off his fingers against their toned stomachs. "You know how important you both are to me."

They both blushed a fetching dark-blue and there was no mistaking their glee at the prospect.

"We can't take all the credit," Almari gushed. "Lilyana did an amazing job commanding the fleet!"

John released the assassins and approached the star-struck naval officer. "Queen Edraele has been keeping me informed of your resounding victories against the Kirrix. I'm very proud of you, Lilyana... you've saved the lives of millions of Trankarans." He reached out to cup her face and lightly stroked her cheek with his thumb. "I've had a very tough week, but knowing you were keeping all these women safe was a huge relief. I can't thank you enough for that, Lilyana."