Three Square Meals Ch. 141

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Their hostile attitudes came as a surprise to Kehlarissa, who had started to feel envious of the younger matriarchs. Deciding to change the subject to avoid an argument, she raised an eyebrow and studied the two noblewomen's cropped white hair. The short length set the pair apart from every matriarch in the room, who now all shared the same luxurious snowy-white manes.

"I thought Baen'thelas intended to meet with all of us before the party?" she enquired, her gaze flicking between them and making it obvious what she was referring to. "Was he unable to find time to deepen the connection with you two?"

They both blushed a dark-indigo with shame, eyes blazing with anger as they glared at one another.

"It was all her fault!" Beldrea hissed with open loathing. "She got us thrown out!"

Kelenis sneered at her companion, then said slyly to Kehlarissa, "Baen'thelas took one look at her unsightly face and the thought of being intimate with such a hideous beast turned his stomach. I don't blame him for spurning the ugly whore."

Beldrea clenched her fists and opened her mouth for a furious rebuke.

*Ladies... a little decorum please,* Edraele cautioned, her stern voice making the two troublesome matriarchs freeze. *If you ruin this party by making another embarrassing scene, you will regret it. Am I understood?*

The Maliri Queen had shared the telepathic comment with Kehlarissa, who looked on in astonishment as the subdued pair guiltily nodded in acknowledgement of her warning.

Kelenis scuffed her feet and darted a scathing look towards the rest of the matriarchs. Deciding to return to a safer topic, she muttered, "I hear you got saddled with Phelora as your partner. Having to share your time with Baen'thelas with that imbecile must have been intolerable."

"Just look at that puerile fool humiliating herself," Beldrea hissed in agreement, her expression twisting into an ugly sneer. "Has she got no sense of decorum?"

Kehlarissa was shocked by the sudden surge of protectiveness their taunts provoked. Phelora had done nothing to warrant such scathing criticism and she knew that the kind-hearted girl would've been mortified to hear their snide remarks. She took a deep breath to calm herself, clenching her jaw to prevent a furious outburst.

"Actually, it looks like she's making friends and enjoying herself," she replied, turning to face the bitter pair. "I was just thinking how much I wished I could be more like Phelora."

Beldrea and Kelenis stared at the older matriarch in open-mouthed astonishment.

Finishing off the last of her wine, Kehlarissa handed the empty glass to Beldrea, who took it with a look of bewilderment. "The wine was excellent. Would you return to the kitchen and fetch me another please?"

The House Kayden matriarch's expression rapidly shifted from shock, to outrage, to humiliation at the implication she was a mere servant. Before Beldrea could respond, Kehlarissa turned on her heel and glided away, tossing her long white hair over a shoulder to reinforce the insult. She smiled as she crossed the ballroom towards Phelora, feeling a profound sense of satisfaction in defending her young acquaintance. Without giving it much thought, she had made a beeline for the House Romenor matriarch, and by the time she realised the flaw in that plan, it was too late.

"Kehlarissa! You must come and meet Alyssa!" Phelora exclaimed, reaching out to clasp her hand.

"I've just been hearing all about you," the blonde said with a warm smile.

"She's amazing!" the House Romenor matriarch gushed, her eyes shining with admiration. "I had no idea what I was doing when I became matriarch, but Kehlarissa's been so patient with me. She's teaching me how to be a great leader!"

Kehlarissa was lost for words, having never found herself in this kind of social situation before. It was painfully obvious just how proud the younger woman was to show off her new friend and mentor. Rather than being embarrassed, Kehlarissa felt an unfamiliar warmth blooming in her chest, the lovely sensation leaving her breathless.

"I don't deserve such accolades. Phelora's an excellent student and far more capable than she gives herself credit," Kehlarissa said with a fond smile. Turning to the blonde Terran, she bowed respectfully. "It's an honour to meet you, Alyssa."

Alyssa returned the smile, but it was her piercing cerulean eyes that drew Kehlarissa's attention. Those enchanting orbs seemed to see deep into her soul, effortlessly uncovering all of her secrets.

"I can see why he likes you two so much," Alyssa replied, grinning at the sweet-natured ingénue and the reformed bad girl. "He won't be able to resist you for long..."

Phelora and Kehlarissa shared a startled glance before turning back to the blonde, eager to find out exactly what she meant.

***

Helene and Jehanna were chatting amiably with a couple of the matriarchs when John slipped an arm around their waists. "Sorry to interrupt, ladies," he said nodding politely to the Maliri. "Would you mind if I borrowed these two for a minute?"

"Only a minute?" Nakiasha asked with a playful grin "I'd be envious... but that's not long enough to do anything exciting."

"Please bring them back soon," Iynessa pleaded, reaching out to pat the girls' hands. "It's been fascinating hearing about how they became part of your crew."

"We won't be long," he promised, leading his Lionesses away. *Jade, do you want to join us too?*

*I'll gather my sisters, Master,* the Nymph agreed.

"What do you need us for, John?" Helene asked, turning to look at him inquisitively.

"I want you to meet Edraele," he replied, nodding towards the lady in question. "She's been listening to all my thoughts about you two for the last month... a proper introduction is long overdue."

The Maliri Queen was standing at the periphery of the gathering, so that she could keep a watchful eye over the matriarchs as they intermingled with the Lionesses. However, at that precise moment all her attention was focused on Irillith and Tashana, the noblewomen of House Valaden embracing as they were reunited.

John slowed his pace as they approached, giving the twins more time with their mother before he interrupted. His arrival came as no surprise, not with Edraele listening to his thoughts, and the trio separated as John joined them. The Maliri Queen turned to greet Helene and Jehanna with a radiant smile, her happiness reflected in her sparkling purple eyes.

"I've been looking forward to meeting you both for so long!" Edraele gushed, hesitating for a moment as her gaze flicked between the pair. "I don't know who to hug first!"

Helene and Jehanna shared a quick glance, then the Abandoned girl opened her arms and eagerly embraced the older woman. "I've been hearing your lovely voice in my head all this time... it's so nice to finally see what you look like. You're just as beautiful as the twins!"

Edraele held her close for a long moment and whispered in her ear, "Thank you for sparing my girls all that pain when we were disconnected from John. I'll never be able to repay you for what you did for them."

Giving her a tender kiss on the cheek, Helene whispered back, "There's no need to repay me. I love Irillith and Tashana so much... I'd never want to see them suffer."

Pulling back, Edraele gazed deep into Helene's baby blue eyes. "Oh, John... she's even lovelier than I imagined. I thought you must be exaggerating."

"Nope, Helene's one of a kind," John said, stroking her back. "We're very lucky to have her."

Reluctantly parting from the teal-hued girl, Edraele turned to smile warmly at Jehanna. "I've seen you many times on the Holonet, Miss Elani, but oh my goodness... you're even more gorgeous in the flesh! I can see why John and my daughters are so smitten with you."

Jehanna blushed and performed a graceful bow to the regal Maliri matriarch. "It's an honour to meet you in person, Queen Edraele. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality."

Edraele stepped forward and enfolded the former reporter in her arms. "I think we can do away with the formalities at this point, Jehanna," she said, giving her a fond hug. "John makes very little effort to hide his innermost thoughts from me, so I've been vicariously enjoying your enthusiastic induction into the family."

"Oh god..." Jehanna groaned, blushing even harder.

The Maliri Queen laughed and gently cupped the young woman's face. "There's no need to be embarrassed. If Baen'thelas has his way, I'm sure it won't be long before you witness me in the throes of passion too."

Biting her lip, Jehanna couldn't help admiring the stunning Maliri Matriarch and felt a thrill course through her at that possibility. If she didn't know that Edraele was the twins' mother, she would have guessed that the three Valaden noblewomen were sisters... a trio of impossibly gorgeous alien beauties.

Irillith frowned in mock disapproval. "Are you attempting to seduce her, mother? It appears to be working, so I should probably warn you that Jehanna belongs to us."

"She does have quite the fascination with Maliri though," Tashana interjected, her full lips lifting into a playful smile. "If you ask nicely, we might be persuaded to share..."

John put his arm around Jehanna and gave her a comforting sideways hug. "I think that's enough teasing for now. The poor girl's suitably mortified."

Edraele clasped her hands and said sincerely. "Please forgive me, Jehanna, I didn't mean to embarrass you. I'm just thrilled that you're here! I have an exciting project that I'd like to discuss with you at your earliest convenience."

"What kind of project?" the former reporter asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Speak to me afterwards and I'll tell you all about it," Edraele replied, her enchanting gaze flicking to Jade as the Nymph approached with her sisters.

John welcomed the catgirls to their group with a warm smile. "You're already well acquainted with Jade, Edraele, but I'd like to introduce you to her sisters. These lovely ladies are Leylira, Betrixa, Neysa, and Marika... then our most recently liberated Lenarran, Ailita."

"We're very honoured to meet you, Edraele," Neysa said with a deferential bow, the most eloquent of the Nymphs acting as spokesperson for her siblings. "Our Master always speaks of you with the highest regard. We all hope that someday we can learn how to offer him such invaluable assistance."

Touched by her sincerity, Edraele reached out to clasp Neysa's tawny hand. "I know how much he cares about all of you already. As for supporting him, I just try to be honest with John and share my unique perspective based on a century of deadly political machinations."

Looking perplexed, Betrixa interjected, "But this one doesn't have any useful experiences to share! I don't remember anything from before John became my Master."

Edraele looked at each of the four Nymphs they'd rescued from Weber's clutches. "The fierce huntress, the playful rogue, the demure thinker, and the maternal nurturer. You each have your own strengths, so look to those natural instincts to find the best way to support him."

Ailita frowned and asked quietly, "This one is unaware of her role. Do you know what unique strengths this one possesses?"

*May I?* she asked John.

*Not yet, honey.*

"Aside from being absolutely adorable?" Edraele deflected with an enigmatic smile. Her gaze lifted to Ailita's voluminous mane of pink hair and the two pointed ears emerging from the top. "I don't know if this is considered terribly rude, but ever since I saw you, I've been longing to ask if I could touch them?"

Ailita giggled and shook her head. "This one doesn't mind."

Edraele reached up to stroke the Nymph's feline ears. "So soft..." she marvelled, brushing her fingertips through the downy fur.

The effect on the catgirl was dramatic, Ailita's eyelashes fluttering as she let out a euphoric moan.

"Such a good little Nymph... just like your sisters," Edraele murmured, her gaze flicking to their captivated audience. "I've heard so much about each of you from John; he's delighted with how much you've grown and developed, pushing yourselves hard to evolve for your Master. Now that I've finally met you, I can see why he's so besotted."

"It's true," John said with a lopsided smile, as he listened to Edraele emulate the way he'd learned to praise the exotic shapeshifters. "I couldn't be happier with my wonderful Nymphs."

"We need to defeat the Progenitors as quickly as possible, John," Edraele continued, leaving Ailita quivering as she turned to stroke Neysa and Marika's toned stomachs. "I can't think of anything more thrilling than watching you breed these gorgeous girls and bring the Nymphs back from extinction. Just think... with their devoted assistance, you're going to become the father to an entire species!"

John deftly caught Leylira and Betrixa as they swooned at the thought, with Jade drawing Neysa and Marika into her supportive arms when they responded the same way. Jehanna was already standing beside Ailita, so she didn't hesitate in propping up the overwhelmed catgirl.

"You should probably stop there," Jade warned her fellow matriarch, emerald eyes flashing with smouldering intensity. "Otherwise this one is likely to pounce on you right here in the ballroom!"

"I'm sorry, Jade... did I go too far?" Edraele asked with concern.

John chuckled as he held the overcome Nymphs. "I think you've been listening very attentively. You definitely know how to push their buttons."

"They already held you in high regard," Jade said, smiling fondly at her sisters. "I don't think you could have made a better first impression."

"I meant every word," Edraele declared, reaching out to stroke Marika's cheek. "Whether you want your own planet, or if you'd prefer to have your children integrate into Maliri society, I'll do whatever I can to support you in bringing the Nymphs back to the galaxy."

"Thank you, Edraele," Jade said, her eyes filled with emotion.

***

Rachel sipped her drink and smiled warmly at the House Aeberos matriarch. They'd been paired up on the Maliri border just before Nyrelle became pregnant with John's baby, so the two women had developed a close bond of friendship.

"You look radiant, Nyrelle. I assume everything's going well with the pregnancy?"

"There's been no problems at all. In fact, I wake up every morning feeling elated!" the Maliri noblewoman gushed, her sapphire eyes alight with joy.

"I'm so happy for you," the brunette said, leaning in to hug her. "I really mean that Nyrelle. You're a lovely girl and you deserve this."

Nyrelle's eyes filled up as she hugged Rachel tighter. "Thank you!"

When they separated, Rachel noticed a tear rolling down her cheek. "Hey, why are you crying?"

The matriarch bit her lip for a moment, a riot of emotions in her troubled gaze.

"You're worrying me, Nyrelle," Rachel said with concern. "What's the matter?"

"It's just that, I've been given everything I ever wanted and I've never been so happy... but you're wrong... I don't deserve this."

"Of course you do!" the tawny-haired brunette declared emphatically. "You're a lovely woman who's going to make an excellent mother, and you've been working hard to prepare House Aeberos for the war against the Progenitors. I can't think of anyone more worthy."

Nyrelle reached out to clasp Rachel's hand and said softly, "It should have been you."

Rachel felt a lump form in her throat and she couldn't find the words to respond.

Stepping closer to hold the overwhelmed brunette, Nyrelle continued, "I talked with the other Young Matriarchs after parting at the border and we all feel the same way. I know how much you and John love each other, and by rights, you and your Terran friends should be carrying his firstborn children not us. We understand why you needed to wait, so you can continue to fight at his side... but I don't want you to think for one moment that we don't recognise and appreciate the sacrifice you've made for us."

Rachel swallowed and pulled back to look at the earnest Maliri noblewoman. "Thank you for saying that, but you're worrying yourself needlessly. I've talked about this with Dana and we hate having to fight the Progenitors before we can start our own family with John, but we don't begrudge you becoming pregnant first. None of my friends feel that way, I promise."

"Really?" Nyrelle asked, looking greatly relieved.

The brunette bobbed her head and reached down to stroke the Maliri's stomach. "We're all thrilled that you're expecting. In fact, Dana just rushed off to see Kali to talk about tonight; she's so excited for her."

Nyrelle laughed and turned to look across the ballroom at the House Loraleth matriarch. "Not as excited as Kali is. She's been counting the seconds until John returned."

Rachel watched her redheaded lover give the young Maliri an exuberant hug, the two women chattering away together like the very best of friends. She stepped closer to Nyrelle and said quietly, "Look at Dana... does she look like she resents Kali's good fortune?"

The House Aeberos matriarch watched the pair for a while, her lips lifting into a fond smile. She turned to the brunette and whispered in her ear, "I think we should all get properly reacquainted tonight."

"Now that sounds like an excellent idea," Rachel agreed, her expression turning coy. "But Kali's going to be preoccupied with John this evening, so Dana will need some company."

Nyrelle's eyes flicked back to the beautiful redhead with a hungry gleam. "Don't worry... she'll be well taken care of."

A polite cough drew their attention and Rachel turned to greet the unfamiliar matriarch with a warm smile. "Hello there. I assume you're here to pick my brains for the quiz?"

The Maliri noblewoman nodded hesitantly. "I do apologise for interrupting. Would you like me to return later?"

"That's quite alright, Faranise, we'd just finished our discussion anyway," Nyrelle replied, before turning to Rachel and patting her arm. "I'll inform the rest of the Young Matriarchs about the meeting. I know Valani will look forward to getting Sakura's input."

"I'm sure she'll be eager to assist in any capacity," Rachel agreed, suppressing a grin.

Nyrelle inclined her head towards the new arrival, then took her leave and glided away to update her friends.

"So you must be Matriarch Faranise Eshenestria," Rachel said to the patiently waiting noblewoman, studying the Maliri with genuine interest. "I've heard some fascinating things about you."

"And you're Doctor Rachel Voss, daughter of trillionaire entrepreneur Henry Voss... but better known to the masses as 'The Angel of Terra'," Faranise stated, looking equally as intrigued.

Rachel gave her a wry smile. "Let me guess: Edraele asked you to speak with me at some point this evening?"

"She did indeed," the Maliri confirmed, her lips twitching into a smile of her own. "I assume Alyssa made a similar request?"

"She might have mentioned it," the brunette replied, confirming her suspicions. Stepping closer, she softly continued, "Were you aware that you made quite the impression on John?"

Faranise blushed, her composure instantly shattered. "Really? Baen'thelas actually told you that?"

"He mentioned it to Alyssa and she keeps us all informed," Rachel explained, gazing into her eyes. "John's very attracted to gifted women and it's easy to see why he found you so appealing. The fact you were forced to hide your intellect from your family also plucked at his heartstrings."

The Maliri let out a wistful sigh. "He's not like anyone I've ever met before. I never realised it was possible to feel this way."

"Believe me, I know exactly what you mean."

Rousing herself from daydreaming about John, Faranise asked, "So why were our matriarchs so insistent that we meet? It's obvious that you're exceptionally intelligent... and I assume you suffered because of it? Were they hoping that our shared experiences might bring us together as friends?"