All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 057'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments (Page 2)
TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 58 status update

Thanks for your well wishes. I'm feeling much recovered now, and well enough to write again at least. I finished off part 2 of chapter 58, and I'll plough on with part 3 while my editors give part 2 the once over.

I suspect chapter 58 will be at least another 50K+ one.

Cheers,

Tefler

MuledriverMuledriverover 7 years ago
Armor or space suit armor?

I'm still trying to figure out: if their armor is also a space suit, how come the helmets get knocked off their heads so easily? (Not talking about when the armor is crushed and or broken) lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Re: Godlike power

If you think about it, the Invictus has fought very few to almost none "I'm a heavily modified badass ship" battles. Most of their fights have been against a number of weaker enemy ships and Calara has basically out classed them with her "I never miss." I can't think of a single time when the Invictus being heavily modified was a key factor in them winning.

Calara was key in taking down the pirate captain heavy cruiser. John and jade dealt with the drakkor Raiders. Irillih's hacking saved the Invictus against the mercenary company. The dragon match battle was a combination of everybody basically having super human abilities.

There has rarely or never been a fight against similar or better classes of ships with competent crews.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hero Time

I would love to see some serious ass kicking, let's see the lion go in with all the ships new weapons blazing and save calaras father and brother in the dragon march.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Chapter length?

Why release such massive chapters? Is there really no way to conceivably break it up, especially since you're releasing it to your editors in parts, anyhow?

Yes, of course it's your story to write as you see fit, but considering some novels are 100k words, to release 50k word chapters seems excessive.

george41george41over 7 years ago
@Anon on chapter lengths

I don't know what it is with authors that post online, but so many of them seem to have a fetish for super lengthy chapters. One series I'm reading, a few "chapters" ago was 133,000 words in length, with out a single wasted word.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
RE: chapter length

"Why release such massive chapters?"

It's mostly about trying to keep a particular action sequence together in this case. If I broke it up, and released it in parts, the howls about the cliffhanger would be overwhelming! :-)

For 53 and 55, the other chapters that were particularly long, it was for similar reasons:

53: I wanted to resolve all the Progenitor-John story arc in one go.

55: I wanted to finish the refit in one go.

Both had a lot of time-sensitive events to keep track of, and by holding back the first parts, I was able to tweak the timings to fit as I wrote rest of the chapter.

Just starting part 3, so you can probably expect the finished chapter early next week.

Cheers,

Tefler

CrescentRoseCrescentRoseover 7 years ago
A word from Domingo Montoya

"... I hate waiting."

Timtom12Timtom12over 7 years ago
Aw crap!

First you said this coming Friday, but now it is early next week... I was really looking forward to having a massive read over my Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to hibernate and hope the itch doesn't get too bad.

Thank you for all your writing and yay for feeling better!

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaover 7 years ago
And from Count Rugen:

"...if you don't have your health, you haven't got anything."

CrescentRoseCrescentRoseover 7 years ago
Rebuttal from Vizzni

"Inconceivable!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So much time, so many...

Oh the possibilities

So many things that you have opened the story up to for directions to go and enemies or allies.

Since the ship was originally made as an assault ship and the crew now has scores of willing recruits, they could actually field their own marine detachment on board the ship with other possibilities within the restrictions of the changes in the ship.

Wondering about other small craft or combat drones for the ship.

Imagining the reaction of some human admiral who would want the ship for their own use or the tech that could be created from it...thinking of early description in story of size of dreadnought size and then incorporating the tech that has been utilized for upgrades to build a super dreadnought or equal.

There is also the diplomatic or intelligence services who would want to use or abuse the crews' contacts and information.

So many possibilities.

Redleg55Redleg55over 7 years ago
Length?

You have to remember the media. To me this is more like a fanzine. This doesn't have to follow bound paper and print rules, If it had to he is likely to have a "War and Peace" when he is finished at chapter 70. You could break it down into several books, Tefler has a good story arc going and he has planted a lot of seeds to keep the story going, "Poldark" went into like 12 books, Tom Clancy kept the "Jack Ryan" story arc going for 20 books, Asimov's "Foundation" went into 7 books. Myself as far as chapter,, I think anything under 10k a tease, 15-20k about right but an action packed 50k every now and then makes a nice read. It's like watching a TV series and every now and then you get a 2hr 'special'. As a matter of fact I downloaded 55 onto my tablet and read it on a recent long road trip (I wasn't driving while I was reading), I could have read another 20k on top of the 50k.

The story is going good and I like getting a chapter or two a month and will keep reading.

ms904191ms904191over 7 years ago

I hope you will have the ch58 submitted by Friday that's 14th

Hope the chapter doesn't delay due to unfortunate circumstances

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Will a tragedy occur soon?

So people have brought this up a couple of times recently in the last few chapters. So I put some thought into it, and while it does have some merit, John almost died vs the drakkor, Rachel had that mental breakdown and slaughtered the surrendered pirates, and then everything that happened with evil JOhn. So I'm curious, (not that I want it to happen), what kind of tragedy do you guys think could happen? Every crew member is rather vital and fills a role so one of them dying leaves a bad taste to me. Besides that, the only people that really could of much an emotional impact to me are one or some of Calara's family dying.

Interesting side note:CH5 Calara's crew was wiped out on her corvette, but she has never mentioned them once.... Seems a little odd.

Side note 2: Calara was about to be raped by a Largath pirate which we can assume was male due to a 2 foot red cock. It had 4 eyes, hulking, heavily muscled, and roared. Did we ever hear anything more about this race?

Editing note for chapter 5: john and Alyssa find 1 crew member dead, then 15 more, then a crew manifest for 18 total crew members in the medical bay, then talked about how 3 women of the crew were missing. 2 women found dead near Calara and the Calara. 1+15+3 women should be a total crew of 19.

gomjjnzgomjjnzover 7 years ago
Multi-part chapter

IMHO, the "cliff-hanger" cries would be fairly muted if the parts came out in quick succession (say you submitted part 1 on Thursday, part 2 on Friday and part 3 over the weekend). It may even be a healthier TSM fix to read 5 pages a day over the course of 3 days, than 15 pages in one sitting ;)

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
OH MY GOSH!!!!

Can you tell which readers are male? This fixation on length is hilarious! I once made a woman climax 27 times in one day and I am a short 6 inches....lmao. Technique gentlemen. Get inside a woman's head and make love to her at an emotional level and length is not an issue... ;-0

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
I have done more with my thumb

Than Aerosmith EVER did with their "Big Ten Inch"....lmao

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
Re: Multi-part chapter

gomjjnz is absolutely right.

CrescentRoseCrescentRoseover 7 years ago
Re: Multi chapter

I must agree as well. I would assume that the parts in which you have them written would be (hypothetically) places in which a chapter could end. I would love if the parts which are ready were to be posted.

MuledriverMuledriverover 7 years ago
PLR

Hmm..... "HITACHI"........

Isn't fun, when everyone tells the author how to auth? LOL

george41george41over 7 years ago
@PLR on length

6 isn't "short", it is actually above average. Average length is 5.1-5.4 inches bone pressed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Funny...

The great and wonderous Tefler did state, "53: I wanted to resolve all the Progenitor-John story arc in one go"

This is droll foreshadowing I fear for PJ's eventual escape from the same trap John escaped from... Y'know, the one PJ put him in the first time?

What's been done once is a LOT easier the second...

RoadnottakenRoadnottakenover 7 years ago
Re: Funny...

Which story arc is Tefler likely to finish up in this huge upcoming chapter? He mentioned Dragon March which is probably(hopefully) going to be an epic space battle. There is also the traitor that could be wrapped up at relatively the same time. With +50k words the Maliri being united under 1 banner might even happen!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Feasts and fun

They eat together and sleep together and are a big very happy family. It amazes me how much that drives the story. The adventures actually seem unfortunate necessities. That just works so well.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
george41

Ummm....I was making a joke...lol. And, I am not sure I want to know how you know that statistic..... ;-) Big on measuring these things I take it? You seem to have 'boned' up on exactly how to measure them. lol....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Current state of the nova lances

How are the nova lances going to work in actual battle in their current state? Do they use them at the start of the fight? Drop power to other systems? Completely drop the shields and rely on that super reforged hull playing?

george41george41over 7 years ago
@PLR

Let's just say that I have trouble finding pants that fit me up front. But one day I was curious how medical studies worked in regards to genitals, and looked it up. It's actually really interesting, so I decided to compare to what the studies say is average.

MikipubMikipubover 7 years ago
Looking forward to the next chapter

Just doing my daily check for the next chapter. Keep up the great writing, Tefler!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ch. 58 update plz..

Tef.. the nerds here are aware of ur health n how you plan to turn this chapter into an orgasmic one..therez some craziness already afoot. What with people measuring their lengths n someone doing so to others.

The situation is grim.. if u do not submit 58 soon enuf.. it could turn into a freaking big orgy. So, hurry up plz.

Is Tuesday realistic enuf considering u were up to 9k..2 days ago.

Cheers mate and keep up the good work.

Neil

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
George and Ch. 58 update plz..

Whew! I was so glad you didn't have 'personal' measuring experience....lol

And Anon on 58 update....that was just funny!!!! lmao

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 58 update

I've finally finished! I've managed to battle on and finish the rest of the chapter, despite suffering from a hideous bought of flu.

I've passed the completed chapter on to my editors, and all being well, I should be able to submit the whole thing by Sunday evening. It's 54k in length, so around 15 pages on Literotica.

With the moderation delay over the weekend, Tuesday is still looking realistic for the chapter to be up on the site.

Hope you have a nice weekend,

Tefler

MuledriverMuledriverover 7 years ago
woot!!!!!!

wooo hoooo new stuff :D

(edit faster....) At least they had 2/3s already LOL

Lucka478Lucka478over 7 years ago
The wait is killing me

I swear the wait is harder to endure now that i know it's ready than before.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Shame on you Teffler

You have made us all so co-dependant.....lol

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor

As previously requested, I have created a Patreon Page, a link for which can be found on my Literotica Author page.

I'm busy finishing editing for chapter 58 at the moment, but I'll try and flesh out the page when I get some free time.

Tefler

XentianXentianover 7 years ago
Patreon

I for one am happy to contribute! If it was printed and in a bookstore Id be paying for the hardcover volumes anyway!

Cheers!

Xen

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 58 status update

It's done! I have submitted chapter 58, and depending on moderation, it will be up on the site in the next couple of days. I would anticipate Tuesday for when it's finally available to read.

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Tefler

PS, Thanks to those guys who've already signed up as Patrons. Much appreciated!

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 7 years ago
Neat

A Patreon account, eh? You're well on your way to becoming a professional author now Tef! Now all you need is some fan art to spruce up your patreon page. If I had any artistic talent, I'd certainly contribute. Guess money will have to do!

Also, you're using an eight year old PC? Geez. How prehistoric. I hope you've been making backups of your work on a CD or external hard drive. If not, do it ASAP. A computer that old is running on borrowed time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I'm in

You'll be getting a stipend from me every month.

Hoping for Monday.

Dave

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 7 years ago
Patreon

Just signed up. Really looking forward to the new chapter! Many thanks Tefler.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 58 will be out on Tuesday 11th Oct

Chapter 58 has been through the first round of moderation, and the publish date is set for tomorrow, so not long to wait now!

Also a big thanks to my new Patrons! I'll spend some time developing my Patreon page when I get a chance. I've been thinking about how I could enhance the Patron-only section of the site, and I'll include some things like the sketch of the Invictus, things like that.

I have a few friends who work as artists and designers, so I've been thinking of getting one of them to do a commissioned piece to turn my initial sketches into a more professional reproduction of the ship. It'll come in handy for when I convert this into an e-book.

I made a good start on Chapter 59 last night, and I'll try and get a decent sized chunk of that done today.

Tefler

Lucka478Lucka478over 7 years ago
Grrrrr

I have a lot of work tomorrow and i know the ch will be posted around 3 or 4 in the morning ...

Also I just subscribed to your Patreon account. Keep up the good work.

george41george41over 7 years ago
it's out now!

Well guys and gals, chapter 58 is finally out at 16 pages in length!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
mandalorean armor

It would have been better to use modified anti grav equipment (like the cyclics) than a jetpacks.

Not only would it look cooler(imagine Supergirl vs Jango fett) and provide equal thrust if applied all over the armor , it would increase maneuverability.

Having fire shooting out of your back increases the chance of you burning your butt off, although I'm guessing the armor is fire proof, it would still mess up flight

Only good back mounted thrusters do is for giving lift(like jumps) you can't actually fly properly with them.

Feet mounted thruster would put immense stress on the knees, back mounted thrusters like all localised vs full body thrust put strain on the part they accelerate, in this case the risk of the back part or torso part getting ripped off, and the person falling to their death .

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Love it man

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Gets better all the time

"Yes, that's right. Now we can fly."

Lol. Almost spit beer on my tablet

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Symbols & Images

Tefler’s TSM reminds readers of the importance of symbols and images. It appears there are numerous levels; therefore, it would be an error to ignore Owen Barfield’s words: “All literalism is idolatry. Below is an example.

In ch57:p2: “… closed her [Alyssa] eyes and focused on the metaphysical representations … She realised she was jumping to conclusions about the thorns representing Irillith's prickly personality … That was one thing that Alyssa had learned about the metaphysical world, that symbols and imagery seemed to be more powerful here."

ramblin2020ramblin2020almost 4 years ago

Awesome! Don't know whether I love flying armour suits or the deception on the assassination more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a Punch line 😂

Edraele wishes to meet with you," Luna said soothingly.

Despite Luna's best intentions, Avelissa didn't find that very soothing at all.

Why 🤣 haha, ... why so stubborn 😂

Tefler you would do well writing comedy 😀

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Yes! They can fly! ... and the assassins from the other houses are deceived and captured... and John's new paragon armor doesn't have assless chaps! ... And all the girls get a chance to 'feed' Irillith... Good job Tef! ;-) TTFN

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

I was hoping that the assassins were being setup.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Two down and another 6 to go, I think. Wonder what Irllith's new powers will be,,something to do with data??

ranec1ranec112 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

*It's going to be worth the wait, I promise!*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. I love the characters! Would be funny if Dana made Johns armor temporarily pink as a practical joke!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

These stories are amazing. I literally have a very difficult time putting them down. Outstanding job

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith9 months ago

John's cum empowering Irillith's fledgling psychic abilities, .... Edraele's bodyguards / assassins closing the net on the 6 other house Assassins, ... and Dana (with help) builds them much better armor (Paragon), ... good chapter, ... ;-) ttfn

EldrinCrainerEldrinCrainer9 months ago

This whole chapter, whenever the POV was focused on the assassins I heard little a ck at noises in the background😂

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6794 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES