All Comments on 'Thrice Rescued'

by Laphroaig53

Sort by:
  • 112 Comments (Page 2)
OvercriticalOvercritical2 months ago

Now I've read 4 out of the 5 stories you've posted and you're batting 4 for 4. The themes are similar, but why quit when you're ahead. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Trust wavedave to come up with an inconsequential comment which added nothing. Empty vessels and noise... There's alway's someone

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Too many bleeding hearts trying to masquerade their inherent submissiveness and lack of self-preservation as the "right thing to do". There is nothing more right in this life than refusing to be taken advantage. By anyone. Under any circumstance. Getting manipulated by a literal prostitute to raise a child that, not only isn't yours, but is also the result of her whoring herself while married to you, is just that. The same whore who stole your own child! You are not some saint or good samaritan by doing that. You are incredibly cruel and hateful against the person who should be cherished more than anyone and has the same rights as anyone else. Yourself. I get that there are people out there suffering from extreme self-loathing and that skews how they see the world. All those cuck stories have an audience for a reason after all. Trying to convince everyone that actively undermining and hurting yourself is the right thing to do is probably a desperate attempt to make the world suit them more. Not going to happen. By the way any marine with that much lack of self-respect would have been booted sooner or later. You can't handle that shit if you hate yourself because service will put that to the test. A lot.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19692 months ago

A very well balanced story. On one side the heartbreak of Vera leaving him without explanation and on the other a romance, a loving family and fortune. The pivot being the Hopkin's... whom I think should have been mentioned more as loving grandparents instead of being only Davie's guiding angels.

well done.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 months ago

Not sure how you did it. The preface and beginning emphasized the horrors of the foster system. Then it ends covered in sugar. Nice, uplifting story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"Anonymous23 days ago

with 8 billion people on the planet, children are not 'precious' at all. They're essentially a plague."

I agree! You were once child and a plague. Now you are a bigger plague. Go away and let people who enjoy a great story just enjoy it without being "plagued".

Recommended story

THC

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Very good story with a happy ending, but it’s impossible to not feel disgust and hatred for Vera.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Brilliant story, and Ben still we can’t overcome the Neanderthals among the LQ commentariat. Geez. What’s wrong with you people? Glad none of these haters are in any of my social or professional circles. @26thNC can’t appreciate a well conceived and told story with a very positive message without adding his “hatred” of Vera, notwithstanding the extenuating circumstances of her life experiences and of her care for David and his progeny once she was gone. God, @26th, hate sure does come easily to you. Is there any wonder why our county is such a dumpster fire with hate swilling all around us. Geez. Take a pill, will ya?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Geez what lowlifes troll this site. As for the hater below blowing about what any self respecting Marine would do should just shut the fuck up asseipe; , don’t even let the word “Marine” come from you puny mouth. You are no Marine. I am. And I would behave exactly as David here did, which is what most Marines would do rather than spill hate and prattle on about self respect, which is in your case — like so many of the trolls on this site— you impute your intense insecurities and need to front your fake toughness to the rest of us (actually, we can see you and your type for the insecure, insignificant little wheedles that you are). The louder you rage, the more apparent your weakness is, and the likely miserable and suppine you life is as a roaring beta. Weak people just sore hate and yell louder. Nobody worries about the loud guy puffing in the face of confrontation; because real tough guys know that the louder and more insistent guys like you are, the less you have to back it up, whether in a fight in the street or in bed with a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A great story with a wonderful arc.

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 month ago

Good story. I am always amazed that so many people think government can do anything well. Humans fail at stuff, churches used to do foster care orphans, etc, some were shit at it. But nothing compares to the utter crap storm that is government.

6King6Kingabout 1 month ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous