Through The Rosy Garden Ch. 01

Story Info
A magical girl sent to assassinate a mysterious man.
4.1k words
3.74
7.1k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first story please comment what you think, thanks.

*****

"Why do I have to go again?" I asked anger in my shaken voice, still recovering from the last mission that I was forced to complete, my muscle ached at the wound that I've taken.

"Why not? You seem like you can get rid another one of our targets," the man in charge named James shifted his attention towards me from his stack of red papers, but not taking his eye off them.

"Because I'm injured? I've already done enough for you," I replied showing him my arm but he didn't even bother to look up.

"Luella do I have remind you who you are and what rank you sit? If it weren't for me you wouldn't even be standing here, you were lucky that everybody else that you've fought against were mindless ragbags otherwise our boss would've never even bat an eye on you."

I wanted to slap James's proud cheeks so hard that my hands started to have an itch, I was the best fighter and spell caster in my town, well maybe second to my sister who outpowered me, but this bastard had to rub my 'inferiority' on my face just to make me feel less dignified than I was. I wanted stop serving these fools the moment I entered this league, but since everyone in my town including our parents hated and feared 'witches', I had no choice but to abandon my home and be somewhere I belong, but maybe apparently I didn't, not a single soul in the entire world besides my sister even acknowledged my power and appreciated who I was.

I left his presence frustrated, knowing that I had no choice but to abide by the rules of this league. Ironically, I clenched my fist to alleviate my pain so tight until they started to hurt. I had a few spare hours before my next mission starts, I wanted to have some peace with myself near the lake just a few hundred east from here. Nothing calms me more than the tranquility of the blue waters that reflected the light beautifully upon the sandy shores. Before I knew it I was already standing right in front of the still blue, my feet gently dipped into the cold and clear water, I looked down and saw my sad reflection.

A young blond named Luella in her mid 20's, and her face seemed to be artificially crafted by the hands of a skillful potter. Her eyes were painted with melancholy azure and the golden blond hair hung below her broad shoulders carelessly and flowed with the green summer wind. Teeth white as heaven hidden behind the curved lips that bounced with serenity every time they spoke. Maybe I'm just being narcissistic, but that's what other men described me, I can't blame them to being attracted to me, but I simply have no interest in getting bed with them, nor do I want to scare them off by demonstrating my unholy powers.

I swung my foot in and out, creating ripples in the calm water and seeing them slowly die down the further they went, I sighed and thought about the person that was assigned for me to assassinate. That's what they told me to do and I did a fantastic job fulfilling their orders, but not once did I receive any appreciation. I've convinced myself that the people that I've killed are evil and deserved their eventual demise, and what I'm doing is making the my friends safer, but deep down I know that this league is being paid to assassinate anybody regardless who the target was. I just hope that one day a brave prince on a white horse can rescue me from this regrettable situation and carry me off to the sunset, but I doubt princes likes witches.

My city lied about somewhere west of Germany, small in size but noticeably large in population. Mostly everyone that dwelled here are either poor workers or merchants, or us, also known as the Elite Assailants who secretly specializes in taking the head off of whoever we are paid to kill. I was born just in the middle of 19th century and enjoyed the luxury of at least not working endlessly in a factory, not that assassination is any different. Several people within this league possess the same capability I do, but not nearly to my extent. One day, I thought, they will see the true power that I can unleash.

I stared off into the distance and watched the sun slowly dip below the horizon, and contemplated about my future and felt troubled. I wish I could find myself a decent enough man and bury my body into his soft lap, why can't I just live a normal life just like other girls? I threw a rock in frustration and it bounced a few times on the water before sinking. There was nothing that even interested me anymore, obviously I can't do this forever, eventually I'll have to settle down somewhere, or maybe with someone. My sister seemed content in her place, she ordered and bossed around her little servants with leisure, and she had no problem making me busy with her chores since I'm smaller and weaker than her, 'the weak serves the strong' she always told me. I leaned my back onto the dirt bank behind me and relaxed my spine, but out of the edge of my peripheral vision I saw my sister standing behind me with her hands on her waists.

"I thought you'd be preparing already," my sister Bridget came and sat down next to me. A bored face littered with my facial similarity. Her stern and empowering nut brown eyes was covered lazily with half of her upper eyelids. Her bright pink lips slightly open ready to spew out loud commands and her nose hung proudly. Her animalistic senses were sharp as swords from decades of intense training and experience, but we had something in common besides being just sisters. We could sense each other's emotions.

"Why should I? I'm not too keen on going anyways," I replied back, feeling a little bit weary and sad. Even if I did complete the task that was assigned to me, I wouldn't feel like I accomplished anything for myself except for adding another kill count to my name.

"I thought you'd be happy to do your sister's everyday job, Luella what's bothering your mind anyway?"

"I don't want to talk about it Bridget don't you have something or someone to yell at?"

"I'm your sister you can share your thoughts with me," Bridget ignored my question. I sighed and started ranting.

"Maybe it's because nobody cared who I was, maybe it's because I don't have someone to laugh with, maybe it's becau..."

"I know I know little sis, I'm sure someone out there appreciate you," She cut me off mid-rant," I know how you feel."

"Of course you know how I feel, you only feel my pain directly from my mind," I said back with a slight hint of anger, but died down quickly when I saw her troubled eyes at me," But I hope you understand."

"Tell me what you really desire sister," She put her hand on mine, I jerked a little from the surprise.

"Are you sure you want to know... I don't think it's very appropriate."

She simply smiled back at me.

"I...I... just want somebody... I can hug with... and cuddle with... maybe intimately, I want somebody that... cares for me," I looked away from her and said embarrassingly," I... I think I'm a bit horny."

"Perfectly normal sis, I sometimes get a little hot down there and grab a couple smoking looking males that want nothing but woman and I force them to rape me, wait no, then it'd be me raping them, but regardless I had to satisfy my needs one way or another," Bridget said and thought about it sinisterly," Then I crack their skulls and take away their soul essence, it gives me immense energy."

"No wonder everyone feared you," I looked at her weirdly," You kill for the joy of it."

"You know me so well sis," She patted my head caringly.

"Bridget..."

"Yes?"

"Do I have to kill more people for us?"

"Unfortunately this is the only option we have," She said and paused a second," I can take over today for you if you so desire to stay and rest."

"I'll be fine mom," I said sarcastically, my mind already feeling better after getting my thoughts out to my sister. She is the only person that still cared and loved me, and I hope that doesn't change anytime soon.

"You little kiddie," Bridget replied and playfully slapped my lips with her hands. She got up, patted herself clean of dirt and walked away," Remember to bring me the head, I wanna suck it up all dry."

'Always a scary creature aren't you sister?' I thought as she became smaller and smaller, she could teleport away from here if she wanted to but it'd take an incredible amount of energy, powerful being such as us prefer to keep our power usage low in case something unfortunate happens. There was almost nothing beyond our capability, and the only thing stopping us from achieving greatness is the limit of our will and the forces that we acquire from the nature. Simply put, we can do anything that we put our mind and body hard enough to.

Hours later

The night came quickly and I was already fully dressed for my target. I wore sleek and tight clothing to make sure that maneuvers will be done more easily, and also a half black mask to prevent bystanders to know my identity. From the vague descriptions provided by the bastard James, he often dressed in dark red robe and had a ruby gem inscribed on his forehead. The details weren't given but I understood it well enough and besides, there was only one person that I ever saw that night. It took me a good two hour to pace myself towards where we thought he'd be. Why does every job I get so far away? I already feel somewhat jaded and dragging this growling stomach didn't help either. Eventually I've spotted a man far away tending his plants midnight suspiciously, so I slowed down and approached methodically.

I crouched behind a well camouflaged bush up on a hill and creepily stared at him, my sharp eyes could see him clearly. He was tall and menacing, stood a stance of an ancient warrior. He only wore his dark velvet robe that covered his lower leg to his upper body, I could almost see his tanned brown skin hidden behind that piece of clothing. He was surrounded by potteries and plants, several short wooden shacks were around him. I was sure that this was the target, so I made my first move.

I crept up out and hid between cover to cover, making sure that not even a glimpse of me can be seen. 'This buffoon has absolutely no idea' I thought to myself proudly. I climbed up one of the building swiftly with absolute silence, ready to plunge my knife deep into his head and get this done and over with. I made sure that every step I made produced no sound at all, not even the most skillful hunter could muster catlike stealths such as I have. I took out my silver knife that was carved with countless numbers of victims that I've assassinated and infused with unholy powers. I was sure that this one be another boring and uninteresting night with my knife once again soaked in warm red blood. I took my time and carefully held the handle of the weapon with both my hands, my legs were prime and my heart raced. I leap down with great speed and force, knife mid-air already in motion, but I never in a million year would've seen this coming.

He caught my hand with his back turned against me.

I was deeply shocked at the speed at which he reacted and somehow managed to catch my wrist just an inch above his hair. He kicked me back in the stomach with his feet and launched me into air. I couldn't believe what I was experiencing, for the first time I felt fear. I was able to land on my feet but tumbled slightly, knife still in my hand free of any blood. I looked at the strange man, his back still turned against me, if surprises won't work on him, the knife simply won't do me any more justice than to use my powers. I sheathed my knife into my belt just as he slowly turned around to face me, his hands held loosely behind his back and I finally saw his face clearly.

A confident, sturdy midnight black eye connected to mine I instinctively looked away somewhat submissively. His dark red wavy hair matched with his loose clothing, and his gentle and sure smile that formed on his cute curly lips almost made heart skip a beat. It's almost sad to have to fight somebody this tough but charming. Only a slight glance at the man I was already sweating, both at the stunning skill that he tirelessly performed and the unnatural shape of his godly figures.

"Too much noise miss, I'm afraid you'll have to be quieter than that," The man grinned slightly with a faint French accent, his hands still behind his back as if the deadly assassin in front of him was a harmless kitten instead of a ferocious tiger.

"I'm quite surprised," I said back with confidence as to assert my dominance," You were one of the few that did not die within the first stab."

"I must say I'm flattered at your professionality, but you are not the first sent to kill me, and you won't be the last."

"You should feel honored to have to die by my dagger, and I must warn you that resistance means more pain, if you have any last words you want to leave, you may do so now," I said the exact quote that I used in almost every single situation that a stealthy technique failed, which was rarely.

"I will be, if you manage to kill me, but I assure you that that is not a simple feat," The man now held his hands in front of him and cracked his knuckles," being so presumptuous will only bring your downfall quicker."

"Less talk, allow my actions speak for my determination," I wasted no time and quickly swirled my hand together to charge a ball full of cyan sparks and launched it towards him with speed almost unfathomable to the normal mind. Surely such a power move can easily knock any man over by a twelve feets, but my assumption had been again proven wrong. With a blink of an eye he dodged the ball of superheated sparks, his robe moved unable to move fast enough with him dragged itself slowly back towards his new position. The ball of sparks hit the dirt bank several feets behind him, blew up the dirt in pieces and fizzled away.

"Surprised my lady?" The man grinned yet again, but this time out of mockery. I couldn't stand him speaking to me in such a way that humiliated me so I charged up a continues attack that he surely cannot dodge. My mind focused and my hand started to heat up again, tiny sparks of hungry flame rose and a fire started in my palm, I gently pushed my hands forward and the beam of fire charged forward like a predatory wolf. His robes will be burned off spectacularly and I will be met with nothing but ashes and his fallen head. The beam of fire was so strong and bright that I could not see anything in front of me, but I was sure that it was hitting him directly. The night brightened by the miniature sun that I produced. I could not believe my eyes when my hand started to feel too hot.

"Anything else you can throw at me?" The man was unharmed, not even a scratch appeared on his body. His arm held up where my flames had been targeting, but apparently it wasn't enough to even melt through his soft red robe. This man definitely knows magic.

"Ugh you ruined my favorite robe," The man groaned and patted away the tiny sparks that remained," you are paying for that."

"Still so stubborn when you know death is inevitable?" I remarked as I charged at him at full speed and planned to engage in close quarter combat. I've studied this art for a few years now, and I've managed to sneak a few magical power into the act to make it even deadlier. Nobody walked out alive when I decide to take them down with my full force.

I slid down and kept my feet forward, with such a great speed a mortal man will not even have enough time to react before he is knocked down with my powerful blow. But with the man's ability to counter my attacks I suspected that such a simple move will not take him down that easily. He jumped over my kick as I slid below him and moved another few feets, and he quickly turned around to face me, as if he was fighting me for real.

"Take this," I said as I leaned my balance back and kicked my feet out towards him. Normally my kicks could bend iron if I tried, but this man simply stopped the motion of my feet entirely with his left palm. A sound loud enough to deafen someone up close came between the impact, air pressure so strong that the grass on the ground moved away.

"Not bad for a girl," He could tell that I was a woman based on the shape of my body, and maybe my breasts.

"You'll die tonight," I said with anger in my voice, nobody could survive that many attacks from me and get away with it unharmed. I now was careless and fearless, I didn't want my dignity to be hurt, I wanted him to suffer my wrath, I didn't watch where I stepped.

"Ahhhh," I charged with full ferocity and charged up the strongest punch that I could throw. All my energy poured into my right fist, my body felt weak as I allowed the rest of me unguarded.

The man whispered some strange old words and I felt my arms stop mid swing. My legs seemed to be stuck and my whole body was being dragged down by an unknown entity. I looked down and saw long and sentient vines that somehow was able to grab onto my legs.

I fell face down first into the hard dirt, the old injuries I had came back and I could feel warm blood traveling up into my mouth. I struggled to get up but the vines seem too strong to break. I was trapped.

"What a pity," The man kneeled down and turned my body over, the vines knew his intentions and moved accordingly.

"Let me out!"

The vines won't budge, I was done, there was nothing I could do, I am at his mercy.

"Such a powerful and fiery warrior, I really don't want to do this," He removed my face mask respectfully as if he was impressed by the amount of power I possessed. His face almost looked sad but became stunned when he saw my face. He paused and admired my face carefully, I could feel his breath getting heavier and heavier," You... I... I... never thought you were... So beautiful."

"You can stop flattering me now," I said, accepting my death unceremoniously," Slice my neck open if you want, I don't care anymore."

"No... I... can not do such a thing, it's almost a crime to crush an angelic flower such as you." The confident man that I thought he was just became a pot of friendliness.

"Then release me at once," I said nonchalantly," there is no reason for you to keep me here unless you want to fiddle with my body."

"Rape? I... I'd never do that..." He said innocently," I haven't even touched a woman... At least not intimately."

I was surprised that such a powerful being that he is haven't even gotten the attention of at least one woman. I could tell that he was telling the truth judging by the tone and my mystical skills, or he's just a really good liar. 'What a lonely loser you are' I thought to myself, but not before realizing how hypocritical that sounded.

"I just want to...sit here with you... Please?" He begged me even when he has control over my fate, there was nothing I could to do so I reluctantly agreed.

"Sure"

"Thank you, miss uhhh..."

"Luella"

"Luella, I like that name... Mine's Albert," He smiled when he said my name, took out a piece of clean white cloth out of his pocket and started to wipe away the blood from the edge of my mouth. He seemed deliberately careful as to not hurt me, I felt a warm sensation in my body and I couldn't describe it.

"They never told me your name when I was sent to kill you."

"Maybe whoever you work for doesn't want you to feel remorse, I always pray when I have to take another person's life."

"Why aren't you taking mine then?" I said with a bit of sadness," I've killed too many already, when will my massacre end?"

"When you learn to find love in others..." He chuckled," But who am I to say these things? I'm just a man with unnatural powers."

"Can I just go now?" I asked, just wanting to be in the comfort of my bed.

"What will they think then?"

"Who?"

"Whoever you work for."

"I... I didn't think that through... I can't go back if I don't complete my mission of well... killing you"

12