Till All The Seas Gang Dry

Story Info
A chance encounter.
13.1k words
4.67
69.4k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story occurred in 1977 during the time of Ian Smith and UDL. Those with whom this location is familiar will recognize the references.

I was thirty four, in Southern Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, living at the Ambassador hotel in the capital city of Salisbury, now Harare. At that time, Harare was the name of the settlement that had grown up on the southern edge of Salisbury and occupied by all the Africans who worked in the city.

Do not equate this area to those slums which invariably grow around the larger prosperous cities. They had water, sanitation, schools and clinics staffed by both government and volunteers. The construction of the dwellings was limited to concrete block and metal roof as indeed were those for the stores and European houses. No cardboard and paper shacks!! The population was healthy and well fed and the debilitating onset of AIDS was still in the future. Sounds ideal? It was, and had the political and economic future been assured I would be there yet, in what I considered to be the most desirable place to live.

However, the increasing incursions of terrorist activities from the contiguous rapacious areas, aided by an inept British Socialist Party, rendered this future uncertain. So here I was, on contract to supervise, design and install an extension to the existing steel making plant. I had worked previously in Ghana, and was asked to take on this task because of this earlier experience. I have never ceased to give thanks for this enduring love affair with Africa, and my personal memories of this last remnant of colonial Africa, this magical land whose grip can never be loosed, whose enchantment cannot be escaped.

Little did the people who employed me realize that I would have paid them to send me back to Africa; I settled into my duties, just contented to be there. I was based in the Salisbury office, traveling to the site as required, organizing the materials and the necessary labor for a large project. Being alone I preferred to be in a hotel, and with a pleasant group of friends and colleagues I was content.

One evening, I had enjoyed an early supper at the Sandawana Hotel with a local contractor, and was walking back to take a late drink in my hotel bar. The nights in Africa are soft and warm, the air is full of the scents of tropical flowers and is made bright by the numberless stars of the Southern Cross.

I paused at one of the store windows to admire the latest Nikon cameras and was about to resume my leisurely stroll when I saw this girl walking past me in the same direction. As I turned I almost collided with her. It was only then, in the additional light of the store window, that I was able to see her properly. Tall, slim, wearing a light summer dress and so pretty that I stammered when I apologized for my clumsiness. She smiled and said it was fine and continued on her way. She was very aware of the effect of her smile on any male with enough strength to breathe, and I was no exception. All white men are captivated by the young black girls, and this particular girl was singularly attractive.

I was at a loss as what to do. I did not want her to go, but I was so bemused that in desperation I could only repeat my apology and ask if I could make amends by buying her a drink. I walked towards her as she turned, apologized once again, both for bumping into her and for speaking to her in this seeming impertinent manner.

" Please wait," I said, " the opportunity to speak to such a pretty girl is rare and if you are in no special hurry, I would very much like the pleasure of your company. I am not a drinking man, but I do enjoy a late glass of wine and watch the world go by. I would enjoy it so much more if I shared it with you."

In South Africa, our neighbors to the south, miscegenation was a crime, simple fraternization was discouraged, and apartheid was strictly enforced. Not here. Hotels, restaurants, stores, etc were interracial, with housing only, being segregated, and even this was changing. Mixing of the races, including a large Asian content, whilst not condoned, was tolerated even to the point of some mixed marriages. So, my taking a black girl for a drink would provoke no more than a nod, a wink and a feeling of envy.

She inspected me speculatively. Nothing special. Average height, weight, build; brown hair, thinning slightly but with a soft, melodious, rich voice, which I cultivated religiously, with the ability to express myself clearly and poetically when required.

Hesitantly. " You did not hurt me; it was obviously accidental so there is nothing to make up for, but, since I am going home and must wait for a bus, and if you feel that you must do something, I will be happy to take a glass of wine with you, provided that we go to Meikles, in the lounge bar."

I happily agreed. It was near my hotel, was an excellent hotel with a very comfortable popular lounge, discreet lighting, olde worlde ambiance replete with soft music. We walked there. Five minutes! Salisbury is very small by world standards and completely safe to be alone at night. We introduced ourselves and were there before we knew it. I took a table by the window, ordered a flagon of the local white wine and we sat opposite in the very comfortable, high back chairs.

The conversation was a little difficult at first, but the combination of the wine, the music and the total lack of any curiosity from the other numerous patrons, black, white and mixed, allowed her to relax and to talk about herself.

Her anglicized name was Rose, twenty years old, single, worked in a ladies clothes store where she would be an obvious asset since all the customers would hope to look as she did. A further advantage was that the owner allowed her to keep any returns or damaged goods, so that with a little judicious alteration, she had a large selection of modern clothes.

Her parents had a small farm in the interior where they lived with her sister. She stayed in Harare with her aunt and uncle, and from the change in her voice it became obvious that she was not happy there. I did not pursue this facet of her life, being content to just sit there and enjoy looking at her, and when she queried my own silence, I told her just that. Looking the way she did I knew she would be accustomed to flattery, and was surprised and pleased to see that she was happy with my attentions.

Not wishing to jeopardize a first meeting, I reminded her of the time and the bus she was to take. I wanted to pay for a taxi but she declined the offer. I wanted to walk her to the bus, but again she preferred me not to do so, but agreed to meet me the next evening at the Sandawana for supper at six thirty.

When I returned to my hotel I could not sleep, and was eager to see her again. I chided myself for being foolish, and reasoned that no one could be so attractive as to cause this much turmoil in a mature man's life and feebly promised myself I would not go. I was there at six fifteen!!! Such was the strength of my resolve! I knew that I wanted this girl more than I had wanted anyone, and the fact that she had agreed to meet me again indicated that she was not averse to me. She was a healthy intelligent young woman and knew I wanted her. What normal man wouldn't.

The Africans, like the Asians, have a natural uninhibited attitude to sex. As with the other basic needs, food and drink, it was to be enjoyed, used and traded. The age old practice of " Bride Price " is still universal where the father is paid for the daughter. It is only in post Catholic Europe that we are taught about sin and shame in this most natural and essential act. I had been fortunate enough to know three other girls in Ghana and Kenya, and found them to be open and undemanding in these relationships, requiring only honesty, a comfortable life, a little money for clothes and other items to maintain their attraction, with no commitment either way. In return they were attentive, loving and responsive to a man's needs.

Rose arrived dead on time, looking delectable in a simple skirt and blouse and sat down to eat. She made no attempt to order the most expensive items, suggesting I order my preference and she would be happy to follow provided it was light and simple. We chatted easily through the meal, and I told her about myself. Married, now separated awaiting an amicable divorce. The fault was mine in that she, not unreasonably, wanted a home, children and a husband there to share it with her.

She was a great wife, attractive and loving, but the idea of a nine to five job in the long English winters horrified me. We remained good friends and occasional lovers, and we agreed to part and follow our own inclinations.

We then went into the lounge for coffee, and I chose a private corner table to carry on our conversation. I told her I was there for the next two years, that I did not drink, smoke, gamble or do drugs, and that my only real weakness was a girl as pretty she. I confessed that I was a rather dull fellow. I did not like parties, going out to restaurants or dances, and that I preferred my privacy and that my main interests were music, opera, literature and poetry and that my hobbies were cars and building or renovating houses.

At the mention of literature her eyes sparkled and she began to question me about the books I had read and the authors I admired. She excitedly explained that she desperately wanted to improve her education but that the books to which she had access were limited, and that her family did not consider it proper for a young girl to be reading all western books.

My experience had demonstrated that the places where I would live did not have the reading matter I needed, so, when going to a new contract I would visit my local library and buy all the popular used paperbacks that were being replaced. I invariably came armed with twenty to thirty recent novels. No mysteries. They were all adventure and travel, set in those strange sounding places with strange sounding names that, someday, I intended to visit.

She was enthralled by my descriptions and wanted me to continue to talk about my interests, but I needed to discuss my immediate plans and how I hoped they would include her.

"Please, Rose, I am very happy to tell you all that I know but at this moment I wish to discuss something more important. You. Simply, I want you in my life, I want want you in my house, I want you in my bed. You know how desirable you are and you also know how much I want you, as a man wants a woman. It's almost time to take your bus or a taxi and if that is what you wish to do, I will reluctantly let you go. However, I so want you to stay with me tonight, tomorrow night and all the nights and days to follow. I realize that there are many questions to be asked and I would prefer to discuss these in my hotel."

She looked at me for a few seconds, nodded, rose and we made our way to my hotel. I suggested that she should proceed me up to the third floor while I collected my key and checked for messages. She realized that I did this to protect her from any gossip that would emanate from the reception, attended by both black and white staff.

I continue to say black when in fact the main population was of a light milky chocolate color with the girls being marginally lighter. And since they tended to use light enhancing cosmetics, they looked most enticing to a confirmed chocolate fanatic. Her face and hair owed much to the Asian and Arabic ancestry, with her nose being thinner and her hair being longer and softer. But, I digress.

I was relieved to find her waiting and guided her to my room, and, opening the door, I offered her my hand to take her in. I could see she was hesitant, but she shyly placed her hand in mine and allowed me to lead her in. This was the first actual touch. I closed the door and placing my hands on her shoulders, I gently kissed her and led her to one of the easy chairs and I sat opposite in the other. I did not wish to hurry or alarm her with any precipitous action for I felt, even then, that this could be a pivotal moment in what I hoped would be a special relationship.

I saw her look around the room in wonder and hastened to explain.

" This accommodation, actually a small suite, is leased by my company on a permanent basis; there is always some need for engineers, like myself, clients, buyers, contractors, visitors or families. I have it for as long as I wish, but I do not like hotels, and will find an apartment or small house when the situation warrants it. The company pays for my living expenses as part of my contract for the next two years. Here we have a small living room with a fridge and facilities for tea or coffee, and a couch that opens to a double bed. Through that door is a good sized bedroom with bathroom and shower. Very comfortable for a short time but not for me. Room service is very good, and the restaurant downstairs is open most of the day. Take a look around while I get a drink."

While she was walking around I poured two glasses of my favorite wine. During the day, hoping the evening would unfold as I hoped, I had purchased a few items, including a bottle of Cintzano Bianco, a sweet white wine with a lingering piquant taste from the secret herbs that are added during the fermentation process.

After looking in the bedroom she was excited by all the books and the cassette tapes and when I offered her the wine she asked that I play some of my favorite music. I chose the first act of Butterfly, with its incredibly erotic final duet. As she sipped the wine, with obvious relish, I could see that she was moved by the music, despite not knowing the music or the story. Such is the magic and genius of Puccini.

When it finished she asked to hear it again and implored me to explain the story as it unfolded. I did so, with both of us standing close and I could see her eyes becoming moist. I knew at that moment that if I took her in my arms she would offer no resistance, but I was content in her company; I wished that whatever she chose to do would not be the result of momentary emotion. I wanted more than that.

"That was so beautiful," she said softly, " thank you for selecting it, and I can only pray that someday I can hear and see it alive. This is a lovely place and your books and music make it seem like a wonderland. I, too, do not care for hotels, but this is special and you are the most unusual and gentlest man I have ever met. Because I am pretty, every man wants to touch me, proposition me, but no one has tried to find out what I like or want and you must understand if I seem overly cautious."

"I want you to be very sure of what you are doing," I replied." From that first moment I was unsure how to gain your attention without giving offence, and I can only thank the fates for prompting me to pause at that window, otherwise I may never have met you. I am just very happy that we did. Now, it is getting late and if you wish to go home to think about what you want to do I will take you down and you will, I repeat, will take a taxi."

" Do you want me to go?"

" I would as soon have my fingernails pulled out rather than let you go. But if you will stay, then I want you to sleep in the bedroom and I will sleep in this room. You cannot begin to understand how hard it is for me to require this as a condition, particularly as I I will not sleep knowing you are so close, but it is best. Tomorrow is Sunday. I do not go into the office so we can spend all day becoming more relaxed with each other. I assume that you do not go in to the store and that your aunt will not worry unduly. You can phone her if you wish. I want you to be very certain of your next move, for I warn you, if you come into my arms and my bed willingly, I will never let you go."

She was quiet for a few moments, and then, looking up at me.

" If that is what you want then I will do as you ask. I do not work on Sundays and I have already told my aunt that I may be staying over the weekend with a friend. I don't think that I want you to let me go; I want to stay here with you."

I walked over to her, pulled her to her feet and kissed both her hands. The implications inherent in her acquiescence had given me a raging erection, which I attempted to conceal by standing close to her without actually touching her.

" There is a nightdress and a gown in the bathroom, together with a toothbrush and some body lotion. I will have a shower first and then you can follow me. I will see you in the morning. It's going to be a long night."

So saying, I made my way into the bathroom and stepped into the shower, hoping that it would relax me and ease this painful hard on. But, of course, being alone and being further stimulated by the hot water, my thoughts inevitably turned to the promises of the morrow that, unconsciously, caused me to stroke my already distended cock. It required a positive effort to refrain from continuing this course of action to its natural conclusion.

I had not had a woman since coming here some four weeks ago and desperately needed some release. I was idly toying with the idea of going back to her when, without warning, the shower door opened and she stood there, naked, looking at what I was doing.

"Let me help you with that," she grinned. " I assume I am the reason for that outstanding condition, so I think it is only right that I should take care of it. After all, it is really a woman's job!"

Seeing that my surprise had bereft me of speech, she stepped into the shower with me, kissed me and wrapped both hand around my grateful cock. Her touch was electrifying. I pulled her close, as much for support as for the delight of her naked body on mine. As she squeezed and stroked me, my knees buckled slightly and there was a distinct probability that I would have gone to my knees had I not derived some much needed support from her. Of course, I sternly reprimanded her unwanted attention and reinforced this by pushing as hard as I could into her magical grip and used my one hand to hold and caress her sex.

I felt her quiver as I touched her pussy. She pushed back to increase the pressure, and opening her thighs, invited my further explorations. I traced my finger up and down her lips, increasing both the pressure and the penetration, until I located her clitoris and applied a little pressure to it. Her whole body flinched and she rubbed her breasts on my chest.

She released me and, using her hands only, commenced to lather and wash me. I murmured a muted protest at this arbitrary action, and though I allowed her one hand to continue with its selected task, I firmly guided the other back to its more urgent location, holding it there despite her laughing objections.

There came a point when even the most complex contortions would not permit her to complete her self imposed task. I, in turn, was even more eager to use the excuse of washing her to explore every minute curve, crook, cranny, hill, vale and valley of her exquisite body. It was delightful. Her skin was like vibrant black velvet. The only way to shower! We probably depleted Lake Mackilwaine, the local reservoir, by a shameful percentage, particularly since the rainy season had yet to arrive.

Eventually, reluctantly, we had to finish and dry each other, but I could not keep my hands off her. My one overwhelming desire at that moment was to kiss, lick, suck and fuck every fiber of her luscious being.

I held her at arms length so that I could better feast my eyes on her gorgeous body. Her breasts were full and firm; requiring no manmade support to maintain their saucy uplift; slim waist and generous thighs that touched down their full length, emphasizing her triangular patch of womanhood. The African girls have only a little body hair, their pubic area is sparse, curly and enticing and they rarely shave this succulent possession.