Tip of the Spear Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What can we do? All I wanted was a bit of revenge for Bertram's cheating. I don't want to die," she moaned. Neither did your husband, Jake thought, but he didn't say it.

"Did you see the memorial for your late husband?" he asked. She nodded her head yes. "I doubt that the DA will be able to seat an impartial jury. I'm pushing for a change of venue. I hope we can get the three of you moved someplace where we can get a fair trial with a jury who didn't know your husband."

"This group of extremists you're talking about... Is that the group that Agent Jackson talked about?" she asked. He nodded his head.

"I believe so. They may have changed their name and their method of operation, but basically, it's the same bunch," he said.

"What did they do to you?" she asked.

"They nearly killed me. Agent Jackson saved my life. But he wasn't able to save hers. They killed her. And they tried to kill you and Ginger," he said. It seems everyone wants to kill me, she thought. Maybe it would be better for everyone if I were dead, she said to herself.

"What can I do?" she asked.

"Cooperate fully with their investigation. Volunteer anything you possibly can. Don't wait for them to ask. If the court sees that you're actively helping to bring down a radical extremist group, your life might be spared. But there's no guarantees," he said.

"Okay, I'll do it," she said.

"Good. Detective Hale has arranged for a counselor to evaluate Jeremy tomorrow. I've asked that you and Ginger be evaluated as well," he told her.

"You think I'm crazy?" she asked. Anyone would have to be crazy to get involved with the people you were involved with, he thought. Again, he didn't vocalize those sentiments.

"No, but maybe the counselor can find something we can use to help keep you out of the execution chamber. The state doesn't like to kill people who aren't, shall we say, all there. No offense intended," he said.

"None taken," she said.

"I understand DA Olmstead is pushing to schedule an arraignment for you this coming Monday," Jake said.

"I thought that already happened," she said.

"That was just your initial bail hearing," he said. "The hearing coming up on Monday is where we enter your not guilty plea."

"Not guilty?" she asked, surprised.

"That's right. They want to convict you. Let's make them work for it," he said with a smile.

But I am guilty, she thought. She considered telling Jake, but changed her mind. So far, he was the only one in town helping her out and she didn't want to lose him. Not now.

"Okay," she said instead, returning his smile.

"That's all for now unless you have something to bring to my attention. I need to speak with Ginger and Jeremy, but I'll be in touch," he said.

"No, I don't have anything else right now," she said. "Thank you for everything."

"You're welcome," he said before calling the guard. When the guard came to take Trudy back, he asked her to bring Ginger in next. His conversation with the young porn actress was very much like the one he had with Trudy, except for a couple of major differences.

The first was her general attitude. Like Trudy, she really didn't want to die. But unlike Trudy, she seemed to not care one way or the other. It was as if this was all just a big joke. Her attitude was basically, "die young, stay pretty." He couldn't believe the callous way she dismissed the whole thing. The other difference was a separate charge brought against her and Jeremy.

"The District Attorney is also charging you with incest," he said. "Specifically, the charge is 'prohibited sexual conduct' with your brother, Jeremy. If you're found guilty, you could face 10 years in prison along with a $10,000 fine." Ginger laughed at that.

"So what are they gonna do? Kill me, then keep my body in prison for ten years? That's a laugh," she said.

"So, you don't deny the allegation?" he asked.

"Why should I?" she asked.

"How long have you been doing this?" he asked.

"Years," she said. "We started when I turned 18. Hey, I can't help who I love."

"So, there was no coercion? You were never forced into it?" he asked.

"Forced? Oh hell no," she exclaimed. "If anything, it was all I could do to keep from jumping his bones before I turned 18. I tell you what, though. We had one helluva birthday party. We did everything you can imagine. And then some. And before you ask, no, we never used any protection."

"I see," he said.

"No, I don't think you do," she said with an attitude. "I love my brother. I would do anything for him. Anything. Anywhere. Any time." Jake looked at the table, absorbing what Ginger just told him. He heard her snort and looked back up at her.

"You probably think I'm some kind of slut, don't you?" she asked. "The truth is, I AM a slut. And I'm not ashamed to say it. I love to fuck. I've literally fucked thousands of men. And I've made a lot of money doing it. Put up a camera and I'll fuck anyone you want. Hell, I even fucked someone in the middle of the fucking street once. Talk about a rush! But I've only ever truly loved one man -- Jeremy. Look, I really don't want to die. But the truth is, they can do whatever they want to me. Kill me, throw me in jail, whatever. They'll never get me to stop loving Jeremy. Ever." He nodded his head as listened to her. After a few awkward moments of silence, he looked at her.

"Someone from the county is coming to speak with Jeremy tomorrow," he said. "I'd like them to speak with you as well." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever," she said.

"And I also want you to cooperate with the authorities. Completely. That's the only way I can see keeping you out of the execution chamber," he said.

"If you say so," she said after a moment. He called the guard to collect her. As the guard led her away, she stopped and turned to Jake.

"Have you ever seen any of my movies?" she asked.

"Can't say that I have," he said.

"You should. You might learn something," she said with a smile. He nodded his head and the guard took her out. After a while the guard returned with Jeremy. Jake saw a huge contrast between the young woman he just spoke to and her somewhat older brother. Where Ginger was brash, Jeremy was quiet and a bit introverted. He covered the same material with Jeremy that he did with Ginger.

"We haven't had a chance to talk before, Mr. Rodgers," Jake said. "The evidence against all three of you is pretty strong. I need you to give me something I can use to help get you out of this mess." Jeremy looked at him with sadness in his eyes.

"Look, I didn't want that man to die," he said. "I couldn't even pull the trigger. Ginger had to help me. Maybe that makes me a wimp or something. I just... couldn't do it," he added as tears fell down his face.

"Did you tell this to the detective?" Jake asked. Jeremy shook his head.

"No," he said. "In fact, I was about ready to confess to everything when that guy told me they wanted to kill her. I love her. I don't want her to die. I'll do anything to keep her from dying."

"Why didn't you tell the detective?" Jake asked.

"He left the room and said he was going to call someone. He never came back. They came and brought me here," Jeremy said.

"Someone from the county is going to visit with you tomorrow," Jake said. "After that, maybe we can talk to the detective together. Would you like that?"

"Yes," Jeremy said quietly.

"Do you understand the gravity of this indictment? What the District Attorney is saying?" Jake asked.

"It kinda sounds like he thinks we're traitors or something and he wants to kill all of us," Jeremy said. "I'm no traitor. I never heard of any of these people."

"You never spoke to anyone connected with MMAS or any of the groups that followed it?" Jake asked.

"Never," Jeremy said. "Ginger took care of all that. All I did was drive her to the jobs and take care of the technical stuff. She's great on camera. Makes it all look so real."

"I see," Jake said. "What about the charges involving you and your sister? Did you know that having sex with your sister is a crime in this state?"

"No, I didn't," he said. "You don't understand. Ginger is the only girl who ever loved me. The only one who ever listened to me or really cared about me. My own mother left me when I was just a little boy. I still don't know what I did to make her leave us."

"You didn't do anything, Jeremy," Jake said. "How long have you had feelings for Ginger?"

"All my life," he said. "But we never really did anything until her 18th birthday. Then one day, Dad caught us playing behind the barn and kicked us out of the house."

"Alright, Jeremy," Jake said. "Here's what I want you to do. I want you to tell the person from the county everything. And I want you to cooperate with the detective and his friends. Do you understand what I'm telling you?"

"Yeah, I understand," Jeremy said. "I'll tell them whatever they need to know. I just don't want Ginger to die," he added as tears fell down her face. "I can't live without her."

"I understand," Jake said. "Just keep it together. For Ginger, okay? Can you do that?" Jeremy nodded his head.

"I can do that," he said. After leaving the jail, Jake went to see Ray.

"What can I do for you, counselor?" Ray asked.

"I was just wondering if you're going to schedule an interview with Mr. Rodgers," Jake asked.

"Yeah, I wanted to wait until after the counselor talked to him," Ray said.

"Probably a good idea," Jake said. "You will let me know when that happens, right?"

"Of course," Ray said. "Why do you ask? Is there something I should know?"

"Just that I think Marvin may have jumped the gun with some of the stuff in his indictment," Jake said. "But, that's not really all that unusual."

"I heard Marvin got the judge to schedule the arraignment for Monday. So that doesn't give me much time. I'm planning to speak with Jeremy right after the counselor is done. I'll call you," Ray said.

"Thanks, Detective," Jake said before leaving.

...

08:30 am, Thursday, September 30, 2021

"How did your interview with Jeremy go?" Ryan asked Detective Hale as they sat in his office.

"It was... interesting," Ray said. "He swears he didn't want to hurt Commissioner Higgins and he claims he didn't pull the trigger on the spear gun even though he was the one holding it. He also says he never communicated with this 'AG.' Says Ginger handled all the contract stuff, made all the contacts and arrangements. He just did the technical work. Based on what I've seen on their phones, I tend to believe him."

"Still doesn't get him off the hook," Ryan said. "He knew what Trudy planned, but didn't do anything to stop it."

"True," Ray said.

"What did the counselor say?" Ryan asked.

"Pretty much what I expected," Ray said. "Jeremy is certainly competent to stand trial. He's highly intelligent and capable of understanding what he's being charged with. However, he does have some abandonment issues since his mother left when he was just a young boy. Has difficulty establishing relationships and sees Ginger as the center of his life. He would literally die if he thought it would save her life."

"Interesting," Ryan said. "What about the other two?"

"Also competent, but they have problems as well," Ray said. "It seems that Mrs. Higgins is only now starting to realize that she screwed up. Claims her anger at her husband was exacerbated by whatever she experienced at that spa retreat. And it seems she was further led astray by Nancy Garrison and this 'AG' person."

"So, she's the victim now?" Ryan asked.

"Personally, I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Callender tries to establish in the courtroom," Ray said.

"And Ginger?"

"Of the three, it seems Ginger is the real powerhouse," Ray said. "Very headstrong, highly opinionated. Feels no remorse whatsoever. Has no problem inflicting pain, has an extremely high libido and is quite shameless about her sexuality. Like Jeremy, she also has abandonment and trust issues. Her only weak spot is Jeremy. She would not only die for him, but she'd kill for him as well."

"Interesting," Ryan said. "You ever seen anything like this before?"

"I have," Ray said. "But I never thought I'd see anything like it here."

"Maybe if they had gotten some professional help we wouldn't be here doing this right now," Ryan said.

"Possibly," Ray said.

"How are you coming with that evidence packet, by the way?" Ryan asked.

"Got quite a bit to put together yet, so I'd better get on it. Don't forget, Agent Jackson is supposed to be here today," Ray said.

"Got it right here on my social calendar," Ryan said with a chuckle.

...

Mercedes Garcia sat in her hotel room in Cancun, and listened as Allison informed her of an arraignment hearing to be held in Hard Rock that coming Monday.

"And I suppose you expect me to finish the job you started?" Mercedes asked.

"No," Allison said. "At least, not yet. Like I told you before, I want eyes on the ground. I want to know the lay of the land."

"So, you want a simple recon, is that it?" Mercedes asked. "Nothing else?"

"Nothing else," Allison said. "It seems things are getting a bit... warm... in Hard Rock. People are demanding justice. I'm especially interested in your Sheriff Caldwell. He seems to be quite... impressive. Have you seen the news?"

"No. I haven't had time to watch much television lately," Mercedes said.

"There was a local report of a protest at the jail," Allison said. "I caught it online. You really should've seen it. 'It was only the fast reaction of Sheriff Caldwell that kept this protest from becoming a riot,'" Allison said, mocking the reporter as she read the quote. "I'll bet that reporter's panties were dripping wet when she said that. Her name was Allison, by the way."

"No names. You know the protocol," Mercedes snapped.

"Of course. My apologies," Allison said. "So, can you be there Monday?"

"I'm not quite finished here, but I'll go. I'll make the arrangements. You'll get my bill," Mercedes said.

"Of course," Allison said. "I look forward to your report." They ended the connection and Mercedes regarded her laptop for a few moments. She pulled off the long blonde wig and ran her hand through her short raven hair. Then she thought back to that day nearly 10 years ago -- the day she first met Ryan Caldwell.

Her father was an important man in the Ecuadorian government. He was also quite wealthy and a successful businessman. As such, he was often the target of unsavory groups willing to do just about anything. One of those groups -- a rogue band of guerrillas based in Colombia -- crossed the border and kidnapped her from a friend's home just outside Quito. They took her back to Colombia and made their demands.

The government was unwilling to commit military assets, concerned that such a move might spark a border war with Colombia. Not willing to wait for the diplomats, he turned to Ryan and his group of mercenaries, known as the War Dogs.

She remembered the day Ryan and his men freed her. She watched as they emerged from the jungle like camouflaged demons. They said nothing and made quick work of the guerrillas, who were no match for the highly-trained professional soldiers.

She watched as Ryan killed three of them with his bare hands. One of the guerrillas pulled a large knife and tried to stab Ryan, but he laughed as he took the man's knife from him and buried it to the hilt in the guerrilla's stomach before gutting him like a fish.

She had never seen such violence before in her life and wondered what kind of men these were, who could kill so easily without even batting an eye. What made them this way, she wondered. When Ryan walked toward her, she was convinced he would kill her as well. But he didn't.

She trembled as he cut her bonds and examined her for damage. When he looked at her, she saw his hard face, painted green and black like his uniform. But she saw something else -- his eyes. While his face was hard, his eyes seemed to hold a sadness... a longing she couldn't comprehend.

"Are you okay, miss?" he asked her. "Are you hurt? Can you walk? Do you understand what I'm saying?" Of course, she understood him completely. She had learned English early in her childhood years.

"Si... Yes, I understand. I am alright. I am not hurt. I can walk," she said. He nodded his head and helped her up.

"Come with us, please. Your father is expecting you," he told her as he took her hand. That night, as they slept in their camp, she approached Ryan and joined him in his sleeping bag. She knew her father paid these men to rescue her, but she paid Ryan with the only currency she had -- her body.

She wasn't a child and had experienced a man before, but nothing prepared her for the way Ryan filled her. He was like a man possessed as his hard cock filled her. She could tell this was a man who had experienced a great deal of heartbreak. She wanted to wrap herself around him, to heal his soul and his broken heart. If he asked her, she would marry him on the spot and give him many children.

But she knew that was just a childish fantasy. The next day, when she was put on the helicopter that would take her back to her family, he gave her a blue pin. It had a rifle in the middle and a wreath around it. She later learned it was a U.S. Army Combat Infantryman's badge.

"Something to remember me by," he said with a smile. "I wanted to give this to someone else, but after I spoke with your father, I decided to give it to you instead. I'll never forget you. Thank you." She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek before getting into the helicopter. Tears fell down her face as the helicopter took off.

The men went back into the jungle and she never saw them in person again. But she swore she would keep an eye out for Ryan. She left Ecuador after going through a couple of abusive relationships. When she arrived in the United States, she was recruited by an organization called MMAS. They told her she was part of a core group that would be instrumental in what they called "the final battle against male patriarchy."

They trained her in the art of war. She learned how to shoot, and could easily take out a target over 1200 yards away. Over the years, she learned how to use anything as a weapon, including her hands and feet. She carried that badge with her as a reminder of the man who saved her from certain death. Regardless of what MMAS told her, she knew that all men were not as bad as they claimed.

When the organization went dark for the last time, she was contacted by "AG." She already knew who Allison was and what she had done for the organization. She reluctantly went to work for Allison, even though she no longer bought into the "sisterhood" nonsense Allison and her new friends continually spouted. And now, she was tasked with performing a reconnaissance in the town where Ryan served as sheriff.

She wasn't certain how she would react the next time she saw him. She remembered the sadness she felt when she learned he had remarried. After all this time, she still carried a torch for him and caught herself fantasizing about him. She wondered if he still remembered her, or if he ever thought about her.

She showered, then lay down on her bed, naked and closed her eyes as she remembered that night in the jungle. Her fingers went to her wet pussy as she thought about his hard cock penetrating her. Soon, she shook as her orgasm hit.

"Ryan," she moaned as she climaxed.

...

"Sheriff, Special Agent Jackson is here to see you," Elaine said after tapping on his door.

"Send him in, Sergeant," he said. He stood as Thomas Jackson entered the room and the two men shook hands.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," Jackson said.

"Not at all," Ryan said. "Ron and Detective Hale have been anxiously awaiting your arrival. C'mon, let's head down to the lab." He pulled out his phone and called Ron and Ray to let them know Jackson had arrived and they were on their way to the lab.