Tipping Point Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you, Stan. I love you so much. You make me so happy that you love me too. I only want you to be happy. Whatever you decide, I'm okay with it, as long as you're happy," she mumbled into my chest.

"Right now, Sue, everything in my little world is going right. I don't exactly know why, but it seems that everything is coming up in my favor. Best of all, I have you as my partner. It wouldn't mean much if it was just me. It means everything that you're here to share it with."

I felt her head nodding, but she didn't reply. After a while, she lifted her head and looked into my eyes. She smiled and reached up to pull my head down and kiss me. A deeply passionate, loving, kiss. "I'm so lucky. I waited such a long time for just the right man, and now he's here. I'm so lucky," she repeated, kissing me again.

I never did finish the wine. It was there on the coffee table the next morning. We made our way to the bedroom and I slowly undressed her, then joined her in our bed and made love to her. It was slow and passionate and complete. We fell asleep in each other's arms and awoke in the same embrace. I couldn't think of a more perfect way to end the week.

The wedding was a wonderful affair. Sue had chosen a small chapel on the south side of Charlotte. The pastor was young and enthusiastic, with a modern non-traditional service in mind. When Sue and I read it, we were both in favor. It said all the important things that we wanted to say to each other.

Sue's daughter, Elizabeth, was home from Europe and I met her for the first time. She was a delightful young lady, excited that her mother had found someone at last. She had heard a lot about me, but when we met, I was pleased that she was so easy to like. She was to be Sue's maid of honor.

Sue was stunning in her white wedding dress and Tommy, my best man, gasped when he saw her walk slowly down the aisle on her father's arm. I was almost overcome with emotion as she stopped by my side and looked lovingly at me. I know I heard the service and answered the questions, but for the life of me, I can't remember it happening. I must have been in a trance. Luckily, somehow it all came together, and when I kissed her at the end of the ceremony, I had what I had desired ... my bride, Susanna Maria Copely.

The reception was in the church hall, next door to the chapel. Almost everyone we invited had come; some from many miles away. The wonderful food and drink supplied through the church was the catalyst to get everyone socializing. When the dancing began early that evening, I took Sue out onto the floor, praying I didn't embarrass myself with my almost non-existent skills. Apparently, I passed the test. I didn't step on my new bride's toes even once.

Our honeymoon was a week on Cape Cod. Jonas had a time-share condominium in Falmouth that he given us as a wedding gift. We were overwhelmed with his generosity, and I wonder just how I could properly thank him for everything he had done for us. His simple reply was that he would be more than amply rewarded if I restored his family business just as we had discussed. It was a strong incentive, and I was highly motivated to repay his confidence.

Sue and I were absorbed in our careers, of course. We were working hard, but had made a pact early on that we would find time for ourselves, and not let the business run us. We were taking our vacations one or two days at a time. During the summer, we spend a long weekend at Kitty Hawk, another in Washington, D.C., and in the fall, a trip to Charleston, South Carolina. They were small breaks, but important ones for both of us.

The resurrection of Faraday and Crosse was a challenge, to say the least. As Jonas predicted, he had enough shares to regain control of the company, but the existing management didn't go down without a fight. One by one they were eliminated as we found new people to take their places, or reorganized to merge jobs together. When the blood-letting was done, only three of the original eight management team were left, and they were in all new positions.

Gabriel, or Gabe, as I had been asked to call him, was the C.E.O., and as Seth had predicted, he was a pleasure to work for. We both understood our roles and I found him easy to talk to when I needed advice. I had been appointed Chief Operating Officer, with responsibilities for Copely Services Division and the newly created Copely Assembly Division. There were times when I felt I was in over my head, but with the help of an outstanding controller and Gabe, I muddled through, learning as I went.

It took over eight months to convince six machinery manufacturers to put their product in our hands. In addition, they were reluctant to have us assemble their machines in our plant, but when we put on a demonstration of our process and the quality checks we implemented, one by one they decided to at least allow us to assemble some test machines.

What turned the tide was the customer feedback. We were selling their machines and installing them fault-free. They had been tested in our plant before shipping, setting them up with the actual packaging materials they would be using in their plants. We were able to substantially reduce installation time and crew training on the shop floor. It was money in the bank to our customers, and for our suppliers.

The Copely Services side now had seven full-time service technicians, including two in the far west. The new general manager was Dody Whitmarsh. I had offered her some of my shares to give her a sense of ownership in the business. It was a big thing to her, and with her new husband Curtis' support, I felt she would be a long-term employee.

I was no longer on the road unless I was needed for a special installation, or problem solving. I spent most of my time developing training for our customers and enjoyed that part of it a great deal. The real benefit, however, was that I was home with Sue most nights. I couldn't remember how many years it had been since I could say that.

Sue continued to grow and shine as production manager in the Winston Candy operation. There was talk of a promotion to plant manager, but Sue was reluctant for two reasons: it would probably mean a move, and she was happy in the job she was doing. She'd been there less than three years, and felt she was still learning. I was immensely proud of her, but told her that her career was her decision. Whatever she decided in the future, I could adapt.

The bond had been repaid, and I had received some additional shares for the performance of Copely Services. Copely Assembly had yet to really get going, but I felt we were on the right track, and it would be a case of word getting around that we were good at what we did, and could be trusted with almost any type of equipment. It was really just a matter of time.

Tommy and Jilly married the next Spring, just as we always knew they would. Tommy had received his diploma from South Ohio Tech, and was working with a group of "nerds and geeks" as he called them. They were developing a new security system for the state government, thanks to a contact one of their group had. It wasn't producing any money yet, but the promise of a long-term contract and the status with other state government offices would be very valuable in the future.

Jilly was the main breadwinner, working for a large paint company in their marketing and advertising department. She loved the job and was doing well. She was actively encouraging Tommy with his project, knowing that it would be a while before it would return any rewards, but she had faith in her young husband, and they were happy together. That's all any parent could wish for.

I see Sylvia now and then, usually when we are at something related to Tommy. It might be a birthday, or Thanksgiving, or just a summer barbeque. I try and get to Cincinnati at least once a quarter so I don't lose touch with my son and daughter-in-law.

Sylvia has finished her therapy, and is apparently dating someone. She seems so much more composed and happy than before. I feel sad on occasion that what we had disappeared, but I wouldn't give up my new life with Sue for anything. I would never say this to Sylvia, but Sue taught me what real love is. As a wise man once said; "You don't know what you don't know." Now, I do.

END

My thanks to ErikThread and DaveT for their editing and technical expertise. Any errors are mine.

12