Tips to Write Erotica & Get Readers

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I allow the characters to lead the story... to guide me where it should go. Which is why I think I have interesting characters... they evolve right before my eyes... right on my keyboard. This is what continues to make writing fun for me, since I can be surprised by my own writing.

But if you prefer structure, then create character sketches of your main characters and a plot outline. That doesn't work for me at all... but perhaps it will for you.

NINETEEN: PUT YOURSELF IN THE STORY

I don't mean actually being pretentious and writing yourself into the story as a character (although I am pretentious, and I do write myself into some of my stories... often too much), But what I'm suggesting is putting your own personality in your stories.

For me it's nylons... pantyhose... stockings... thigh highs...

For me it's putting my fantasies out there.

For me it's creating submissive characters that have some resemblance to me (which is why my most common profession for a character is teaching).

In the end, allow the readers to get to know you a little through your words.

TWENTY: HAVE FUN

I wouldn't do this if I didn't enjoy it.

Yes, I love the comments.

Yes, I check the scores, especially the first couple of days.

Yes, I love the emails.

Yes, I enjoy seeing my stories at the top of lists, and so forth.

But mostly, I enjoy writing. I enjoy going back and re-reading old stories I've sometimes forgotten about. Sometimes I smile and think something was really good. Other times I sigh and think it was a piece of shit.

Regardless, they're mine.

Each of them define a moment in my past.

And because you'll be criticized, get negative comments, get low scores, get a story completely ignored simply due to timing... or where it lands on the pages or on the new stories lists... and on those days you might feel frustrated or discouraged... then write for yourself... write what you want to write... and... as I said... have fun.

BONUS NOTE (SINCE I DON'T LIKE ODD NUMBERS)

What do some of the letters beside a story mean?

1. If you see a story with a RED H, it indicates this is a HOT story which is 4.50 or higher.

2. An AQUA W indicates a WINNING STORY. This could be for finishing first, second or third in a Literotica contest, or for winning a year-end award.

3. A YELLOW N simply means the story is NEW (released within the last seven days).

4. A GREEN E indicates an editor's choice, which sadly, I have never received in all this time.

.....

.....

.....

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, then ask away. I've already begun preparing for Twenty Questions 2022.

Jasmine, July 2022.