Tom Billionaire Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Indeed, Sharpley was. He apparently had been a regular with Crystal. And the puzzle pieces began to fall into place. But knowing where she came from didn't tell us exactly where she was now.

Back in the present, I asked Cassandra, "So where IS Crystal Ward?"

She grinned, still quite proud of herself. "Milwaukee."

"Milwaukee?"

"As in Wisconsin."

"Wow."

Cassandra nodded. "I've got a guy who was following up some leads for me. P.I., not FBI."

"Does she have family in the area?"

Cassandra shook her head. "No. FBI is already tracking her family. But there IS an old girlfriend from high school, back when her name was 'Alice Wasikowska'. She changed it to Crystal Ward after moving to Queens."

I sighed and shook my head. Too many names to keep track of.

"The point is: she's hiding out at this girlfriend's place." And with a dramatic flourish, Cassandra turned the monitor around, showing me photos dated this morning of the woman I knew as Jada Sharpley walking into the front door of a small one-story house.

"Farnsworth know about this yet?" I asked, still scrutinizing the photos.

"Not yet. I would have told him, but he hung up too fast."

"Don't."

"What?"

"Don't tell him. Not yet. I want to see her first. Prep the plane."

"Jonathan!" Cassandra jerked in surprise. "You can't go marching in there!"

"Why not?"

"Because... This is an FBI investigation! You can't obstruct them!"

"What, they're going to claim obstruction of justice on ME? I'm the plaintiff here. And I just want to see her."

"Just see her? Are you sure?" Cassandra gave me an intent look.

I grimaced. My assistant knew full well what (and more specifically: _who_) had caused me to go off the deep end with Olivia, and even Taylor for a brief moment. For weeks now, I'd wanted *revenge*.

I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth, and stated clearly: "I don't want to hurt her. I'm not going to go all crazy."

"Then why?"

"I have to talk to her."

"You showing up could make her run. And who knows when else we'll be able to find her."

"Fine. You can call Farnsworth once we arrive. He'll have that long to put together whatever agent task force or police or whatever to show up and arrest her. But I don't want to talk to her while guys with guns hover over my shoulder. And I don't want to talk to her in a holding cell."

"Jonathan, why do you have to do this?"

I exhaled slowly, still staring right at the photos. My lips were pinched tightly, and grimacing, I stated, "Same reason I lost my mind with Olivia. Because I have to know *WHY* she did it. Beyond the obvious. Why... after all those months living with us, sharing our lives, playing with my kids... How could she do this to us?"

****

The way my jet flew, it was only a two-and-a-half hour flight from Montauk to Milwaukee. But a lot of things happened in that short window.

First off, Agent Farnsworth called to let us know that Matthews was squawking like a baby bird. Actually, it seemed like they couldn't get him to shut up, as he was so desperate to cover his ass. Matthews blamed Sharpley for orchestrating the entire heist, claiming he was forced into going along with the plan. And he was giving up every bank account and wire transfer he could think of. The FBI still didn't have a lead on Sharpley himself, but we were making significant progress to tracing all the money.

But that wasn't all. "I understand you're aboard your private plane, Mr. Kwong," Farnsworth drawled with more than a hint of annoyance in his voice. "Might I ask where you're going?"

I glanced at Cassandra, who rolled her eyes. "I think you know very well where I'm going, Barry. Lemme guess. You had someone red flag us as soon as we filed a flight plan? That's a violation of NBAA privacy law."

The sounds of grumbling came over the speaker. Then the agent's voice returned. "Perhaps you would care to explain WHY it is that you're going off to Milwaukee on such short notice?"

"My business is none of your business, Agent Farnsworth," I replied neutrally.

"Then you *are* stating for the record that this is a business trip, and has nothing to do with our current investigation."

I sighed. "Barry, I'm not stating *anything* for the record. I'm a free man and I can go wherever the hell I damn please."

He sighed. "Mr. Kwong, just tell me you're not doing anything stupid. Let us handle this."

I didn't answer.

"Miss Cooper," the agent asked almost plaintively. "Please tell me you two aren't doing anything stupid."

Cassandra looked at me, gauging my reaction. Her active mind had come up with a dozen more reasons why we shouldn't be confronting Jada, or whatever her name was, without backup. At the top of the list was that we had no idea what this girl was really capable of. For all we knew she would point a handgun at my chest as soon as we showed up at the door. But I'd insisted I had to do this. Cassandra needed no convincing that I was rather obsessed with Jada Sharpley at this point.

Cassandra sighed. "I'll call you again when we land, Barry. I promise."

"Not good enough."

"It'll have to be." And with that, Cassandra hung up the line.

Another incoming call appeared on the LCD screen, our interface to the jet's communications system. At first, I was going to direct Cassandra to ignore it, believing it to be Agent Farnsworth trying to reconnect with us. But the caller ID told us it was my wife, and Cassandra quickly picked up the phone.

"Johnny, it's Taylor." I could hear the trace of panic in her voice.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"It's JJ. His rash is getting worse."

"I thought it was going away."

"It WAS. But now it's coming back and spreading to his face. I'm getting worried."

"What'd the doc say?"

"He said it was hives last time, and that it would go away. This, I don't know."

"Get the doc back in. And if you need, take him to Schneider for a second opinion," I advised, referring to the well-regarded children's hospital in West Hampton.

"Okay."

"How's Joey?"

"She's fine. Playing by herself, wondering where JJ went. Ashlyn's thinking to set up a playdate with the Jenners."

"Do that. And let me know how things go."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you, too."

She hung up. I looked at Cassandra, slight worry on my face. And then the phone rang AGAIN.

I chuckled when I saw the caller ID. It was Rebecca Raymonde, and I hadn't heard from my personal trainer in a while. I nodded, and Cassandra once again answered the line. "Rebecca?" I asked.

"Hi John! Are you traveling?"

"Yes. Just taking care of some business. What's up?"

"Oh, I was trying to get a hold of Taylor. She's not picking up her phone."

"She was just talking to me."

"That's alright. I'll call her in a minute. I just wanted to have you guys save June 13th for me. Jack and I finally set a date for the wedding!"

"That's wonderful!" I enthused.

"Congratulations," Cassandra chimed in. "Where did you guys finally pick?"

"Well, I was *thinking* of doing it in your backyard, with the view and all. But with your recent financial troubles, I was worried you wouldn't have the house anymore by next June," she quipped, cracking up at the end. Rebecca knew full well that our financial situation was looking much better as we found more and more of the stolen money. The girls' networking grapevine passed along information faster than the internet.

"Har, har," I drawled just as sarcastically.

"Seriously, we picked the Plaza. I can't thank Taylor enough for pulling the strings to get it for us. There was no WAY people like me and Jack could have gotten the _Plaza_ in _June_ without her help. So I need to call her right away."

"Go ahead. I'll let you go now. And congratulations again!"

"Thanks!" Rebecca then giggled. "And let me know when you guys get back from your trip. Jack and I need to thank you a little more... _personally_."

I grinned, already imagining bending the well-toned personal trainer over, grabbing onto those firm glutes, and reaming her out from behind. "Will do."

"Bye."

We hung up. And just out of curiosity, both Cassandra and I eyeballed the monitor in front of us, wondering if the telecom system would start chirping AGAIN. But no further calls came through, and I leaned back against my chair.

A moment later, Cassandra reached her hand over, running her palm over the bulge forming in my pants. "Thinking about how Rebecca wants to thank you?" she queried.

I grinned. After everything that had happened, it was nice to know I was getting some of my old sexual impulses back. It meant things were getting back to normal. "Something like that."

"May I take care of it?"

I sighed and looked over at my assistant. We still hadn't made love since the Tahiti trip, and I could see the longing in her eyes.

But as much as I would have loved for Cassandra to kneel before me, fish out my cock, and initiate a beautiful round of glorious lovemaking, I grabbed her wrist and moved it aside.

"Not now." I exhaled heavily. "I don't think I could properly enjoy it until this thing with Jada is resolved."

****

*-- MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN --*

Cassandra was in touch with her private investigator, who was trailing Jada/Crystal, and confirmed that she would be home when we arrived. The P.I. himself, however, was not there when we pulled up outside the house.

"What if I'd wanted to meet him?" I asked my assistant.

She just looked over at me and shook her head. "Believe me. It's better this way."

I arched an eyebrow but nodded my agreement. Then I gestured toward the house. "You're sure she's in there?"

"My guy has been watching the place since first discovering it. She's left the house only once, to pick up groceries. That's when we got the photographs. She hasn't left since. There are no other exits, unless she decides to try and jump the fence in the backyard."

I nodded.

"Should I call Barry now?" She already had her cell phone in hand.

I took a deep breath and then exhaled. The last thing I wanted was to lose control of myself, to become the raging demon I'd been with Olivia. So I forced myself to relax, and I focused on expelling any aggression out of my system along with that exhaled air. After my breath finally gave out, and I felt as relaxed as I'd ever be, I turned and shook my head. "No."

"No?"

"No. No call. If you do, there'll be a police car here in less than five minutes."

"Isn't that a *good* thing?"

I shook my head. "I need more than five minutes to talk to her. The whole world knows what my plane looks like, and knows that it's parked at General Mitchell International Airport. Agent Farnsworth already knew we were going to Milwaukee. At the very least, they could track your cell phone signal if they really wanted. Relax; they'll be here soon enough." And with that, I opened the car door.

Cassandra stepped out of the passenger side. After studying and practicing for the past couple of years, I'd finally gotten a driver's license. She fell into step beside me as we walked up the short sidewalk. And then doing my best to feel casual, while simultaneously expecting to see a gun barrel pointing at me, I pressed the doorbell.

I had absolutely no idea how things would go from here. I didn't have a plan. While a part of me panicked that Jada would try to shoot me on sight, I simply didn't believe that would happen. I knew this girl. Whatever her past, I'd seen her play with my children, gossip with my girlfriends, and tenderly hold me as I made love to her. I wanted to believe that she would plead and beg forgiveness, saying that she was forced into betraying me and that she truly loved me and my family.

At the same time, I considered that she might be a remorseless spy planted to seduce me and steal from me. While I was on that train of thought, the evil bastard in me that wanted vengeance imagined pinning down her naked, nubile body, spitting on my hand to grease up my pole, and then parting Jada's asscheeks to ravage her in punishment for her betrayal.

_Like you did to poor Olivia._ I closed my eyes and fought the urge to start crying again.

_Get it together! You're just here to talk to her!_

Nothing would happen if she didn't open the door. I stared at the unyielding wood, the seconds ticking down in my head. I couldn't talk to Jada if she wouldn't let me in. And with Agent Farnsworth's scolding words to not do anything stupid ringing in my head, I sighed and turned to tell Cassandra to go ahead and call in the cavalry.

But before I could, I heard someone move behind the door. Daylight reflected off the front lens of the peephole, preventing me from seeing if someone was looking through or not. But I stared straight at it anyways.

A full minute passed. I wasn't sure if she was hoping we'd think the house was empty and just give up, or if she was still deciding what to do. I just stood there nervously with Cassandra, waiting to see what happened next. I'd come all this way in an attempt to talk to Jada, to find out what was in her head when she'd conspired to steal from me. If she opened the door, we would have that chance. If she didn't, the authorities would arrive soon and deal with her. The choice was really hers.

After what felt like forever, the door locks clicked open. The door swung inward, and standing there, dressed in a cotton jumpsuit, was the woman I'd known as Jada Sharpley. "Hello, Mr. K," she said softly. Her hazel eyes darted behind me, confirming that we appeared to be alone. "Hi, Cassandra."

"Hi, Jada," I replied while Cassandra simply nodded. "Or should I call you Crystal?"

She deflated, leaning her weight against the open door. Biting her lip, the young woman looked away for a moment. And then without answering my question, she simply turned and waved us in.

Cassandra and I entered, and Jada closed the door behind us. She slid home the locks, including a chain across the top. And with a shrug she commented, "I'd have though you'd come with an army of goons behind you."

"Not my style. You know I'm not the type to travel with a huge entourage."

She snorted as we arrived in the living room, really just a small 8-foot area between the door and the kitchen with a single loveseat and well-worn coffee table in front of a big screen TV. "No, just a pack of unbelievably gorgeous women."

"Today it's just me and you."

"And her," she added, gesturing at Cassandra as she sat down on the loveseat.

I shrugged and sat down beside Jada. Cassandra remained standing. "This is between me and you," I told the young blonde.

"What do you want?"

"I want to know 'why'."

"'Why'? Why I did it? Money, what else?"

"How much did Sharpley offer you?"

The young blonde looked at her hands, nervously rubbing her left thumb. She mumbled quietly, "Not enough." She looked pensive and turned her gaze away, clearly in thought.

I waited her out, and after a moment, she looked up at me guiltily. "Exactly how much do you know about my past?"

I arched an eyebrow and turned my gaze to Cassandra. My assistant took a step forward and reported, "We pulled your criminal record. Solicitation at eighteen. Diamond Empress escort agency beginning two years ago. Bob Sharpley was apparently a frequent client."

The cornered young woman sagged even more, looking for all the world like she wished she could disappear into the couch. Biting her lower lip, she mumbled quietly, "Yes he was. I was his favorite."

Nothing more was said. I was bursting inside with questions, but didn't want to press her just yet. Years of doing negotiations had taught me that if I directed the conversation, asking too many questions, I wouldn't get all the information I could. So I waited her out, letting her tell me what she wanted for now. The girl was quiet for another few moments, then sniffled and looked up at me with red-rimmed eyes. "My life has been shit, alright? Someone like you could never understand what I had to go through growing up. I did what I needed to survive, alright?"

"I don't doubt that," I said quietly, my eyes staying wary as I watched her.

"I liked being 'Jada', Mr. K. I love your kids. I like your whole family. I'd heard the rumors about the harem you'd collected at that big house. I'd watched the clips on ET and Celebrity Sightings. And believe me, I _knew_ plenty of other rich men who used women as their playthings."

I frowned, momentarily hurt to be lumped in with the rest of Jada's escort clients.

She caught the look at briefly smiled. "No, not you. You weren't like them. You were nice. You kept your hands off all your other employees. I still can't believe you weren't boinking Olivia. That girl is sooo hot for you and would spread her legs at any moment if you only asked. Did you know that?"

I grimaced, thinking of the young maid. The news channels still hadn't revealed her name.

Jada now rolled her eyes in annoyance. "And I can't believe it took me a full MONTH to seduce you. Wounded my self-esteem a bit, there. Thought I was better than that."

There was a note of humor in her voice, and for a moment, the tension in the room eased. But then the dark clouds rolled in above her head, and her face darkened once again. "I liked being 'Jada', but it wasn't real. I'm just Crystal. And the term 'escort' is just a nice way of saying I fuck for money. That's all my life has become. I'm a goddamned _whore_."

Crystal exhaled slowly, looking ready to cry. "But I never thought I'd become a thief. After my dad abandoned us, my mama taught me that the one thing I couldn't do was steal. She'd turned a trick or three in her life. Wasn't proud of it. But she said that at least she'd *earned* that money. She worked hard her whole life. Everything she had she got because she deserved it, fair and square. She never stole anything from anybody, and she respected herself because of it."

Cassandra had started forward, a cool look in her blue eyes. But I was in there first, unable to resist asking roughly, "So why did you do it then?"

Crystal turned to me, a haunted look in her soft hazel eyes. "Bob promised that he would take me with him! He said he loved me, that he wanted to run away with me. He had this brilliant opportunity to make a big pile of money and retire to some tropical island and live the good life, you know? And he promised he would take me with him. It was my chance, don't you see? For a better life. No more whoring myself out to anyone with enough cash to rent my body. I would sway in a hammock hanging from a palm tree with a man who loved me while sipping mai tais!"

I sighed, pointedly looking at her. "But he didn't take you with him."

Crystal's lower lip quivered. Tears streamed down her cheeks. And she whimpered, "He didn't. A few days after you guys left on your vacation, Bob told me to go to JFK. Tickets would be waiting for me. Only they weren't. I called his cell. No answer. I went to his house. No one there. I didn't have any choice except to go back to my old apartment. There, I found the hundred grand in cash he'd promised me, along with a note that just said, 'Sorry'."

Crystal started crying, reaching out to grab my hands and lean against my side. And she kept blubbering. "Then the news broke about how he'd swiped four *billion* dollars from you."

"Swiped it because YOU stole from me," I said quietly, still remembering the sheer panic and mental anguish of that day when I found out all the escrow accounts had been siphoned off.

"No! No! That's not how it happened!"

"It's the only way Sharpley could have pulled it off," I stated angrily, shaking her off my arm. "You stole documents, account numbers, passwords, all SORTS of things from my office."

She whimpered and looked down. "It wasn't supposed to be stealing. I didn't actually *steal* your documents. I just... ah... well... I copied them. And it wasn't supposed to happen this way. Bob just said you had insider information on what was going to happen in the stock market. Some company or another was going to go into the tank, and he was going to sell everything short or some such mumbo jumbo that was going to make millions! There wasn't supposed to be anything really criminal about it! You cheat the system all the time, he told me. He just wanted a piece of that action. I didn't know he was going to STEAL from you!"