Toofy Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shakna
shakna
1,837 Followers

"I know it is late in the day, however it is my belief that the matter has been neglected by the ministers of this court for too long, already." She spoke with a humble tone, still not raising her head.

The eunuch tsk'd, "Explain, before patience is forgotten. Stand not on ceremony."

"Whilst the betrayal of the temple's priestess is a painful blow against us all, it has left the temple in an untenable state, your most revered highness." Florence said quickly. "Lord Yu tends to be... Too preoccupied to ensure the smooth functioning of one of our city's most powerful institutions."

The man scoffed, "And you believe yourself suited for this task? The responsibility cannot fall to one so willing to offend the gods. Your arrogance is insufferable."

"I agree I would not be suited, your grace." She touched her head to the ground, "Nor am I suited to naming an adequate replacement. I come merely with a suggestion to tide the empire through uncertainty. One who was raised by the temple, and would thus be suited in a temporary capacity. However, as a slave, they would willingly step aside when the correct heir has been appointed by the ministerial council."

The eunuch listened intently to the curtain for some time, and then spoke, "It is understood that you intend the Madame Florence, Esmerelda, for such a role. It is beyond her abilities, and station. However, as this is a time of crisis, then perhaps she can be of use. She will share the role, with the younger Lady Vanhern. Both will answer to Lord Yu."

"A most considered and gracious answer, your majesty." She touched her head to the ground.

However, before she could go through the necessary ceremony for dismissal, a guard burst through the doors, "M'lord!"

"What is this!?" The eunuch yelled, "Speak, before you lose your head."

"A dragon!" The guard yelled in terror, "A salamander has been sighted, flying over the city, m'lord."

The eunuch scoffed, "That is hardly a -"

"We could not identify it. All saw it clearly. The markings of it are not known among the scholars." The guard cut him off, "Captain ordered us to shoot it down. A ballista bolt struck, it was not a glancing blow, but the creature ignored it. It flew onwards, towards the west."

Florence flinched as she heard the curtain tossed aside, and the emperor's own voice. "Describe this creature. Every detail."

"Scales of black and red. Wings with a span six times of a man's shoulders." The guard said confidently, "We could not determine the sex. There was disagreement."

"Transitioning. Fuck." The emperor cursed, "That thing was the one responsible for the roar. A challenge made. Organise a posse, at once. That thing is trying to unite the clans. Bring me its head. Go!"

The guard sprinted from the room, and the emperor punched a wall, shaking it. "Meerakeilian. Why do you betray me? Ungrateful bitch. Ah... Lady Florence, you are dismissed. Get your elf searching. Efina kept records on a dragon egg. We need them."

She touched her head to the ground again, "Immediately, your grace."

---

Sai grabbed Khild's hair and drew the reluctant ork off his member with a popping noise. Her green eyes glared at him, but he put a finger to his lips and reached for his sword belt.

The woman immediately understood, hauling him to his feet as her eyes took on a deeper glow. Beneath her motley skin, her muscles flexed and hardened.

The nearby kitsune, on the other hand, yawned and curled into a ball.

Sai yanked on some pants, and drew his sword, but that was as far as he could get before the ground rolled with a cacophonic thump that sprayed rock and dirt through the walls of the tent.

He'd heard a crack of distant thunder that wasn't thunder. That was what had alerted him to what was approaching. Something that was moving like he could, fast enough to break through the resistance of the air into a godlike speed.

His tent was ruptured by a thunder of his own, as he flashed out and into the open, already swinging his sword towards the place he had heard the enemy touch down.

Black and red scales deflected and warped the metal of the blade. The woman in front of him shrugging off the attack with a scream of rage that nearly knocked him off his feet.

"Hold!" Sai cried out to his soldiers, raising a hand. If they attacked, all they would do is get in his way. None of them stood a chance against something like this.

He didn't know what they were, exactly. Not a red salamander, nor a black. Maybe a hybrid... But he had never heard of such a thing ever being born.

He sneered, "I am the commander. What property do you come for?"

"It belongs to Devourer." The creature named something that it had bowed down to. Making him notice the swirl on its cheek from the Rite.

Something had actually forced this thing to submit?

"What belongs to your Devourer?" He asked, spying the stump at the end of the tail incredulously. What in the fuck could fight something as strong as this and survive?

Weapons were pointless against a beast like this.

Blacks could shrug off most magical attacks as well. Even if you managed to break through the scales and into the skin below, all you would do is piss the dragon off even more.

It puffed black smoke at him, "Sai. Bring forth the Sai. Or every morsel will be devoured!"

He blinked his green eyes uncertainly, "I am Lord Sai. Who the hell is your Devourer?"

The... Well, he wasn't so certain it was a woman anymore. He had finally noticed that the thing was rather publicly displaying an impressive swinging dick.

The lizard, smiled lopsidedly, "Toofy. Toofy is its Devourer. You are the Sai. You will return with me."

"What the godsdamned fuck?" He said in confusion.

The thing grabbed him by the throat, and he found himself suddenly among the clouds. A moment later he heard the crack of thunder, as he tried to adjust to the fact he was now at a height he could not survive a fall from.

It was difficult to even breathe up here, and he could feel his brain recoiling, not coping with the sudden acceleration. If he wasn't the Thunderstep, he probably would have been vomiting and darkness would be threatening to take him.

This monstrous thing was somehow beaten down by his neko?

His stomach lurched and he rethought just how well the thunderstep had prepared him to survive a flight like this. The damned thing had suddenly started accelerating even more, somehow.

How could a couple beats of their wings propel him so rapidly across the landscape of the world that he couldn't look to it without feeling ill?

How could a physical and living creature move at such a pace without the aid of magic? He couldn't feel it. There was no spell at work here. The thing was just fucking strong.

Strong, and agile.

Most things that could fly did so by being lightweight. Hollow and weak little bones. This... Was not that.

The thing might not be holding Sai to its chest, but he could see the usual overlapping skeleton there. An impenetrable natural armour that could protect against most weaponry.

Sai was only conscious because of magic. If he relaxed his grip on it for even a moment, the forces straining against his body would win out.

The thing suddenly pulled Sai tight against its chest, revealing a surprising softness, before wrapping its wings around the both of them. He felt their speed increase ridiculously, and felt his grip on the world slipping.

They spiralled as they plunged downwards, rattling his teeth together in the turbulence as the darkness dragged at the edges of his vision and he struggled to keep his eyes open at all.

His heart and lungs felt like they'd been immobilised, crushed flat by the sheer pressure of it all.

Sai barely felt it when they struck the ground. He was so far gone that it took him minutes to realise that the two of them had stopped moving, and he was now being carried limply by the salamander.

He reached a hand up to his dull head, rubbing at it weakly, before trying to fall onto his feet.

The thing caught him, righting him gently. It said something, but he had no idea what. Felt like his eardrums might have burst.

He blinked and looked around weakly.

The salamander was not the only dragonkind in this area. He was surrounded by the usually-rare species. Hundreds of them gathered into the one place.

Sai blinked again, rubbing at his temples, and spoke hoarsely, "I... Don't feel well."

He stiffened as his entire body felt like it was suddenly filled with cold water. He was thrust back into full attention like he'd shoved his face into a bucket of ice water.

He looked down to see a nervous girl with intensely blue eyes. She smiled briefly, and then stepped back and curtsied, "Lord Sai. It is... Temporary. But should help you feel a little better."

"Where... Where am I? Why am I here?"

The dragons fell backwards, stepping aside as someone walked through the crowd. All of them bowing their heads as the newcomer passed by them. Showing deference to something stronger than they were.

He tensed up, ready to reach for his magic and run.

Not that it would do much good.

The newcomer paused as they reached him, looking up with bright and golden eyes, "A fucking fox, Sai? A motherfucking kitsune!?"

---

Arina blinked in surprise at the knife that pierced her hand.

It did hurt. It really, really, fucking hurt. Yet, she couldn't find it in her to let out so much as a groan. It was almost as if it were happening to somebody else.

She looked up at the frazzled man trying to threaten her with a tired boredom, "What is it you wanted, again? Sir?"

"Where is Twenty Four!?" He roared at her, "Where is Elia!? Tell me where the traitors are! What are they doing? What is Twenty Four planning!?"

Arina snorted, "Fuck if I know. Sorry, sir. That was rude of me, but I am afraid that I have never once known what my mistress is thinking. I have no idea what she would possibly be planning."

He grabbed her by the throat, like that was more of a threat than the blade already pinning her to the table. Growling at her angrily, "I have had a shit few days, handmaiden. Your succubus dropped me in Tauren territory. Give me an excuse not to hurt you. Please. Or you'll end up... Dead."

"I am but a servant, as you have already acknowledged." Arina shrugged, looking idly at the blood leaking from her wound with a distant fascination. "My mistress may convince me to ignore my beliefs, may turn me into a sinner, because I love her... But that does not mean I have the slightest idea what she is up to, sir. I am just a servant."

He slapped her.

Arina laughed at him, despite the pain and feeling a loosening of several of her teeth. It was just... Comical to her. If he was going to kill her, he may as well get it over with.

He was being nothing but a brat. Taking out his anger and frustration at being bested by Elia, on Arina. It wasn't like the two of them were even particularly close.

They were both shared by Twenty Four. That was as far as the similarities went.

Arina had been sickened when her mistress had killed the one who had hurt her. She expected Elia would have revelled in the moment, and quite possibly having experienced an orgasm.

They were worlds apart.

Though... Since trying to sacrifice herself for her mistress, Arina seemed to have lost that. She no longer felt sick when she remembered the loss of Isaac.

Instead she felt... Bored.

Like she did, right at this moment.

"Fascinating." A voice that was familiar spoke, and the man in front of her froze, midswing for another slap.

A cloaked figure rose up behind him, leaning tiredly on a piece of farming equipment like it was a walking stick. They pushed aside the immobilised man, and plucked the knife from the back of her hand.

Arina blinked tiredly.

The hood fell backwards and the man who had tortured her licked at the blood on the knife, "I've missed your taste, my little Arina."

"Toofy will never be yours." She replied, looking at the deity with apprehension, wondering what they were going to do to her, this time.

The figure shrugged, smiling at her with hollow eyes, "I'm not here about the neko. I am here... For you. I expected that I had broken you. Expected that being dragged back by your vulva would break you. Instead... You have been remade. Into something... More."

"Toofy is still, never going to be yours." She insisted.

The man laughed, "Oh, that's between the cat and I. And apparently also the foxgod who is utterly besotted with your cat. I'm not here for them. You have become... Interesting."

"That sounds bad." Arina said with a small flicker of fear.

He shrugged, "Not as such. Not altogether. You could die here and now, tortured to death by someone... Inelegant. Or, you could remain interesting to me, and send his soul to me."

She turned her head slowly sideways, "You tortured me. Burning my soul, for eternity... And now... You want me to... Become a priestess? For you?"

"Less a priestess and more... An avatar." He shrugged, "I will grant you a portion of my power. And you will ferry souls of those you believe deserve it, to me. I won't interfere with your choices. You'll never see me again, in all likelihood."

Arina nodded slowly, "You know I would use that power, to protect her, don't you? It would stop her from entering your realm."

"I don't mind." They replied, "I am the god of Death. Whilst I do crave the neko's soul... The woman is about to start a civil war. Keeping her alive, for the moment, serves me."

She stiffened, "She's making her move against the emperor?"

"The fox forced her hand. She's quite resentful." He chuckled, and then leaned down.

His lips kissed the back of her hand gently, taking away the pain. She watched as she felt the skin almost shrivel, as the injury disappeared in its entirety.

Arina took a deep breath, "I will do anything to assist Twenty Four. Anything."

"Well, then. Take me as your patron, and you will find yourself... Less helpless." He replied to her.

She nodded.

"It isn't so simple as all that, I'm afraid. I'm a god, you're a mortal." He chuckled at her naivety, "To transfer from one to the other requires that we... Connect. On a spiritual level. At least briefly."

Arina cringed, "I've been raped, and you're telling me I have to have sex with you?"

"I am not Isaac." The god growled angrily, and sighed heavily, "A simple kiss. We need go no further."

She nodded slowly, "That is why you've chosen to appear male, this time. Despite being a woman, in the past. To fulfil my preference."

"Yes."

Even though it would give her the power to protect her mistress, to be able to stand at Toofy's side proudly, instead of cowering in her shadow... It felt like she was cheating on her mistress.

Would Toofy forgive her for this?

"I want what you have offered. I don't much care for the way it is being offered." Arina tried to say politely. She might not like the figure, but they were still a deity, and some habits were harder than others to shake.

"If I was allowed to offer it another way, I would." He replied, and brushed her cheek, "I will leave. If, you decide in the future, that this is acceptable, then simply call on me, and I will come."

She smiled at the way he put it, imagining how Toofy would giggle madly at it. She turned her attention to the frazzled man who was frozen, still in mid-swing.

Death cocked his head, "Would you like me to kill him, for you? Then you won't need to carry the guilt. Blame the deity for acting out. For treating life as so little."

"Every soul holds value." Arina said quietly, "Whether they are my greatest enemy, or closest friend, or a total stranger. You know this more than most. It is the values you deal in."

"Admirable that you can see it."

She shook her head, "The value of all life is easy to see. It is only our wrath, our hate, that blinds us to this. Forces us to divide the world into classes... A slave is worth as much to the gods, as the emperor. And that is why my faith has always been so strong. You see us... As we should be seen."

"I see things that I want. I wouldn't ascribe anything more to it. That is a little altruistic." Death sounded amused.

Arina frowned, surprised, "You sound just like her."

"Why do you think I desire her soul?"

The handmaiden burst into laughter, grinning, "Oh my. Gods and deities, all. You have all fallen for my mistress, haven't you? And she despises the lot of you."

"She is... Stunningly different to Eratigan." Death said hesitantly, "Her mother, I would happily destroy. But as she can't comprehend me, and has the magic of a demigod, I can't touch her. It is... Frustrating."

Arina shrugged, "I am afraid I was not aware that the mistress had a mother."

"The comparison makes it easy to desire the daughter." He shrugged, "But, you've distracted me. Does this petty fool live or die?"

Arina bit her lip, "It isn't your choice to make. I've decided. I would do anything to help m'lady. Anything. Is your kiss going to kill me? Steal my soul?"

"It will." He nodded as if he expected it to be obvious. "But you are my chosen avatar. I grant you leave, not to die."

She nodded, "Then I will use you. Grant me the power to protect her."

---

She burst through the doors of the stronghold, throwing aside one of the guards who rushed to try and stop her. Glaring and growling at anyone who went to stand in her way.

Khild stepped through and into her old master's abode, and found him in the middle of his morning routine. Occupied with a half dozen women all over him.

The red-skinned man looked at her in surprise, "Didn't you sleep with the Slag? You belong to him. Why are you here?"

"Slag was taken." She growled, glaring at him, "By a dragonkind I have never known. It threatens all of us. Sent by a stronger master."

Hammerhand chuckled, "My, my. Seems that Sai has been playing the game of human politics for too long. Too many enemies."

"We have to help him!" She roared, "The salamander is a threat to you, as well. A threat cannot be tolerated."

He growled at her, "You're not even part of the clan, halfling. Don't try and be telling me, my business, mongrel. I'm the one who decides what the threats are."

Khild stared back at him, both sets of green eyes unflinching and filled with utter rage.

She wouldn't be here, if she thought that there was another way. She had known how this was going to end even before she returned to this place.

"I challenge."

The warlock launched to his feet, tossing his surprised concubines with sounds of complaint at the brutal movement. He clenched a fist, intending to strike her, "You dare to -"

"A challenge has been issued." Khild stated, "You know the law. The law is the law. We are all bound to it, and to the covenant. Strike me down and become nothing."

He rolled his jaw, "Then the challenge must be answered."

The two of them walked out of the hut, and into the circle that served both as a town centre, and as the arena for these sorts of things.

It was the ork way.

Any moment that one ork had a problem with another, they were allowed to issue a challenge. The town would gather and observe, and the two would fight until death.

If either surrendered, they would be allowed to live, but they would be exiled. Banned from entering any other stronghold without returning to complete their challenge.

A dull gong sounded as one of Hammerhand's concubines alerted the others that a challenge had been issued. The townsfolk emerging with complaints about one being made so early.

All of them fell silent when they saw that someone had been daft enough to issue it against their warlock.

There was no law against using magic in a challenge, even if it was discouraged. Orks preferred to get their hands dirty, but the only real rules were that you had to stay in the circle, and someone had to die.

shakna
shakna
1,837 Followers