Touched Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
starscape
starscape
136 Followers

"Why not?" I covered my face with my hands.

"Well, we need to see Dr. Reynaldo for starters, not to mention Zarek and William." He peeled my fingers from my face and gave me a kiss. "Today's a big day."

"I...I know," I admitted. "But I don't think I'll be able to look them in the eye ever again. And what if they tell the others? Oh, jebus..."

"Come on, Astrid," Grant said, putting his arm around me. "These people accept us. So what if they laugh and tease us a little? Besides, we laughed about it last night, too. Remember?"

"That was different."

"In what way?"

"I...I don't know. It just was. It seemed funny at the moment, but now that I've had time to think about it—"

"Think about this," he interrupted. "If we'd been found like that in the city, would anyone have laughed?"

Grant's question startled me. I looked into his sober face for a long time before answering. "You're right; I'm being ridiculous."

"I wouldn't say that. We've spent our entire lives hiding who we are; it's not easy being exposed. Still, it's important to keep things in perspective." He gave me a hug. "Now let's get dressed and go have breakfast; I'm starving."

Taking my face in his hand, Grant kissed me. I found myself responding to his gentle kiss with urgency, and he groaned with surprise when I thrust my tongue into his mouth and reached between his legs.

He broke the kiss and shuddered as my fingers wrapped around his hardening cock. "I suppose breakfast can wait a bit longer," he conceded with a lascivious smile.

My hand released its grip and I got up and sat on his lap, facing him, my legs folded under, straddling his thighs.

I leaned in and licked his neck before working my way up to his ear. "I wish I could feel you inside of me," I sighed, rubbing my stiff nipples against his skin. I slipped my hand between my own legs, parted my lips and began to grind myself along the length of his cock. "Do you think we'll have time to sneak back here sometime today to have sexual intercourse? Nissa said at least one of the medications Dr. Reynaldo can give us is effective almost immediately."

Grant's arms wrapped around my back. Pressing my body against his, he groaned. "I think we can make the time."

I ran my lips along his jaw and up his chin before they reached their destination. "I was hoping you'd say that," I murmured, giving him a naughty smile after the kiss ended.

Pushing him back onto the bed, I sat up and resumed rubbing my wet pussy against his penis. I soon discovered that if I leaned forward at just the right angle, I could stimulate my clitoris at the same time. His hands reached up and cupped my breasts just as my arms came down on either side of his torso, bracing my position.

Grant played with my nipples, squeezing them, and we moaned in unison as I found my rhythm, humping my hips faster and faster, grinding my clitoris up and down the length of his engorged organ. The heat of our friction swelled, spreading up my body and out my limbs, making my fingers tingle and my toes curl.

"Grant, I'm going to..." I cried out, body bucking as the orgasm took hold of me.

Arms quaking, he shook under me and I felt his cock jerking against my throbbing groin. "Guhhh...fuck!"

I collapsed on top of him, and we panted together, trying to recover while our bodies continued to spasm with the aftershocks of our release. A few minutes later, Grant stroked my cheek with the back of his hand before tucking a strand of hair, clinging to my sweaty skin, behind my ear.

He kissed me and grinned broadly. "Who am I kidding? We'll definitely make the time."

Laughing with delight, I slid my face against his, tickling the tiny dimple at the corner of his mouth with the tip of my tongue.

~*~*~

Despite my newfound resolve, my cheeks burned with embarrassment when we entered the kitchen and discovered Taran and the others sitting around the table. Their eyes twinkled and their lips twitched with, I was certain, great amusement.

"Good morning," Grant greeted, breaking the silence.

"'Morning," Taran replied, grinning from ear to ear. The hunter then turned to me, though I could scarcely meet his blue eyes. "I'm sorry about last night, you know, with the unexpected gathering and all. I should've realized all those people would be overwhelming, considering the culture you grew up in. I'm very sorry, to both of you."

Kuri and Nissa nodded and apologized in turn.

"Thank you," I replied, giving each of them a smile, though I still found it difficult to look them in the eye, "but it isn't necessary to apologize. You've given us so much already...and it was just a misunderstanding."

"Are you feeling better?" Kuri asked.

"I am. After breakfast we're going to see Dr. Reynaldo, just to be sure."

"While you're there, don't forget to ask her about birth control," Nissa reminded me with a smile that seemed just a little too broad.

Still blushing, I nodded and leaned against Grant for support.

"Yeah. There's no sense in depriving yourselves," Taran agreed, choking out the last words before the room exploded with laughter.

~*~*~

Though a heavy blanket of clouds obscured the morning sun, the view from the entrance of the hunters' treetop home was spectacular. The network of platforms, each bearing a number of structures of varying sizes, stretched much farther than I'd realized, and far beyond that, in every direction, lay endless tracts of forest. Tiny houses like this one, each encircling a mighty trunk, dotted the arboreal landscape. The roofs of most of the buildings were covered in long, bright green moss, with ferns clinging to the eaves as they did to the bark of the trees towering all around us.

Grant and I stood in silent awe, soaking in the sight before us. "I had no idea the settlement was this big," he said at last, glancing at Nissa, who volunteered to take us to the medical clinic.

"It's almost like a city," I agreed.

Our companion smiled. "This is the largest of our settlements. But our combined populations, even if you included the dogs, are nowhere near that of the city."

"You have dogs?" "There's more than one settlement?" we blurted, speaking at once.

"Yes. We have a number of smaller settlements and outposts scattered throughout the area," she replied, answering Grant's question first before turning to me. "And yes, dogs live among us, at all of our settlements, though for obvious reasons most stay on the forest floor.

"Our history tells us the ancestors of most of them date back to the founding of our people, accompanying their human companions as they traveled great distances, searching for other survivors of the Great Plague. Dogs help us in so many ways—they are our companions and our hunting partners. They protect us and help locate the lost and injured. They also serve as an early warning signal in the event of...should we come under attack."

"I didn't see any dogs when we arrived," I stated, more to myself than her. "I've never seen a real dog before, outside of a few specimens on display at the Natural History Museum, but those weren't alive."

Nissa sighed. "That's very sad, though not particularly surprising. Humans and canines have shared lives for tens of thousands of years. I can't imagine how empty and...sterile it must be to grow up in the city." The young hunter drifted off. Her eyes looked far away, as if she were deep in thought. A moment later she shook her head and went on. "Well, even if you didn't see them, the dogs definitely saw you last night.

"As you can see, the settlement is quite large, so they are scattered throughout the area, but some are always nearby. As you witnessed when we arrived yesterday, our people knew we were coming. The dogs likely caught our scent and warned them long before our scouts spotted us. But we've lost so many of our dogs ever since the raids started, we trained them to stay hidden and quiet when strangers arrive, to first observe from a distance. Should you have behaved in a threatening manner, there's no doubt you would've been very aware of their presence."

Word of my fainting spell must have spread throughout the settlement, for as Nissa led Grant and me to the medical clinic, people smiled and greeted us with friendly waves but, to my relief, kept their distance.

A short time later we arrived at the clinic. Though all the buildings we'd encountered thus far shared similar characteristics, this one was distinguished from the others by a matched pair of detailed carvings attached to either side of its double doors. At once Grant and I reached out our hands and felt the smooth curves and grooves, shaped from pale-colored wood into what appeared to be a snake wrapped around a staff.

"It's beautiful; I've never seen anything like it." I looked at Nissa and smiled. "What does it mean?"

She shrugged. "I was told it's an ancient symbol for medicine, but honestly, I have no idea what a snake wrapped around a stick has to do with it."

"I know its origin stems from a great civilization which existed several millennia ago," Grant shared. "The symbol is that of a deity the ancient Greeks associated with medicine and healing."

"Mmm. Handsome and smart," Nissa replied. She shifted her weight, rolling her hips ever so slightly in his direction, and flashed him a coy smile. "How sexy."

"I, I don't recall the deity's name or the significance of using a snake and a staff, though," he stammered, averting his eyes from her steady gaze.

"Even so...mmm-mm. I could just eat you up."

Grant blushed and glanced at me. I didn't know what she meant by wanting to eat him, and from the confusion I saw on his face I guessed he didn't either. I knew this was an example of saying things with hidden meanings, but the whole exchange made me vaguely uneasy even though I didn't know why.

An awkward silence settled in.

"I'm sorry if I've made you uncomfortable," Nissa said a few moments later. "I'm a terrible flirt, but I'm harmless. Well, for the most—sorry; it's a hard habit to break."

"What's a flirt?" I asked.

"I keep forgetting all this stuff is new to you two. Sometimes people engage in playful banter to let another know they find them attractive. When you're successful, the other person flirts back. This, however, was an example of a less successful attempt." She laughed.

"So it's an indirect way of letting someone know you want to have sexual intercourse with them, and seeing if they want to have sexual intercourse with you as well?"

The young woman coughed, and from the way she fidgeted I sensed my question made her uncomfortable. "You sure don't beat around the bush, do you? Actually, your directness is kind of refreshing. To answer your question, I suppose it is a kind of courtship behavior, but often times it's just for fun. It usually makes people feel good to know others find them attractive or desirable, even if they know nothing will come of it."

"So what you were doing a minute ago, was that courtship behavior or just for fun?"

"Oh, wow." She cleared her throat. "Well, I suppose it was a little bit of both—I mean, it's not every day someone new shows up at the settlement—but I know the two of you are together. I wouldn't actually act on it if it wasn't okay with both of you."

I turned my eyes toward Grant and saw his face still flushed deep red. He hadn't said anything during the entire exchange. I opened my mouth to ask if he wanted to flirt with Nissa too when he began to speak.

"It's nice to know you find me attractive, Nissa. Thank you." He paused. "Life here is very...different from what we're used to. You, your friends, everyone has been so kind to us, and for that we're very grateful. I'm sure we'll adapt in time, and I don't want to offend you, but some of your...customs are a little overwhelming."

"Of course. I'm so sorry; I didn't mean to make either one of you uncomfortable, honestly. The way City Dwellers live is so foreign to us. When I was growing up, I remember how strange Zarek seemed. He was always tense and flinching when people got too close, but we knew it was because of where he came from. Unlike Zarek, when we met you we could see that you did like touching. I suppose it's easier to forget you grew up in the same culture he did, which would make our ways very foreign to you as well.

"Do you want me to wait here until you're through?" she asked, changing the subject. "I'd be happy to take you to Zarek's if you'd like."

"I think we'll be okay," Grant answered, "if you explain how to get there. We know you have a lot to do today, preparing for the gathering."

Nissa almost looked relieved, and after pointing out the most direct route to the old man's dwelling, she left quickly, throwing the heavy rope ladder down a cutout in the platform before she disappeared, descending to the forest floor.

"Good morning, Astrid and Grant. Please, come in." Dr. Reynaldo smiled and waved us inside as we stood, hesitating in the open doorway.

One of the first things I noticed was the way the doctor was dressed. Like the night before when we first met her, the dark-haired woman was wearing the same type of clothing as everyone else we'd encountered—designed in a simple yet functional style, most were made of textured woven fabric in a range of earthy colors.

It took me aback at first, and for a moment I wondered how people were supposed to know she was a doctor. Then it occurred to me there would likely be no need to make such a distinction here. I had no idea if everyone in the settlement knew each other, but surely they were aware of those who provided them with medical care.

My eyes then scanned the room. A combination of bright and diffused sunlight streamed in from its many windows, and somehow, made the space feel welcoming and serene. A number of wooden chairs and benches stood along the perimeter of one wall, along with a desk and chair. The interior was divided by a translucent screen, stretching from the ceiling to the floor, spanning the width of the building, save for an opening a few meters across.

Dr. Reynaldo led us behind the screen and into a small room with a long curved chair in the middle. "How are you feeling this morning?" she asked, gesturing for me to sit.

"Better."

"That's good," she said, picking up my hand. She pressed her fingers against my wrist and stood quietly. A moment later she picked up a tiny hand lamp and briefly shone it into one eye and then the other. "How did you sleep?"

As I answered the doctor's questions I noticed a scanner lying on top of one of the cabinets. I wondered why she was bothering with a physical examination when she could have easily gotten everything she needed to know in seconds. Nevertheless, her calm, confident demeanor was a welcome change from previous experiences when medical professionals touched me. While most flinched slightly as they tried to conceal their discomfort, others, like the two Drs. Blake, seemed to get some kind of perverse pleasure out of making their patients uncomfortable.

"Well, you seem to be doing much better," the woman said a few minutes later. "Now, I don't want to alarm you, but it's possible your symptoms may recur. Given the circumstances it's not unusual. Should that happen, try to find a quiet place and lie down. Remember to take slow, deep breaths." She looked at Grant. "If it doesn't pass in a few minutes, ask someone to find me or one of the other doctors. Now, I'd like to take a look at you, see how your wounds are healing," she continued, "unless I can help you with anything else, Astrid?"

"Actually, there is something." I told Dr. Reynaldo about our concerns that I might be pregnant.

The doctor asked us some questions, then picked up the scanner and swept it over my body. A few seconds later it chirruped. "Okay, the scanner has confirmed it. You are not pregnant. It also confirms my conclusion that, a few bumps, bruises and slightly swollen feet aside, you're in good physical condition. Tell me, have you had problems with swollen feet before?"

I shook my head and managed to explain that I wasn't used to walking great distances. She continued to speak but I scarcely heard her; with that concern out of the way, I had only one thing on my mind.

I smiled at Grant and sighed with relief. "Nissa mentioned you have medication that would allow us to have sexual intercourse without worrying about pregnancy," I blurted before realizing I'd interrupted the doctor mid-sentence. "I'm sorry; what were you saying?"

The woman smiled. "Nothing that can't wait. Okay, how about we discuss your options while I examine Grant?" she suggested. Helping me onto my feet, she patted the exam chair and waited while he got himself situated. "Now, first a question from me. Did you apply the salve I gave you last night for your face?"

After confirming he had indeed followed her instructions, Dr. Reynaldo explained the different methods of what she called birth control, how they worked, their possible side effects and the pros and cons of each method.

"Based on what you've told me, I think the dual injection might be a good choice for you. There are few side effects, but it does require both of you to come to the clinic for monthly doses of medication. It's best to come together; if the doses are given more than a day apart, you must abstain from intercourse until the medication from the partner dose reaches an effective level. Typically it's one day, but I recommend waiting two days, just to be safe."

Grant glanced at me. "If we receive our doses at the same time, when does the medication become effective?" he asked. I smiled inwardly, pleased that he shared my eagerness to resume having sexual intercourse as soon as possible.

"Almost immediately," the doctor replied, "though I recommend waiting for at least two hours." She paused. "Another thing to keep in mind is that this method is only effective with the person who received the partner injection, so if you choose to have intercourse with someone else, you'll need to use an alternative method of birth control."

An image of Nissa flashed in my head from the morning before, when the hunters found us running from the patrol. Her hand was cupped over Grant's crotch. "I don't know, Taran, this one seems to have a pretty formidable weapon."

My chest grew hot. "Why would we have sexual intercourse with someone else?" I blurted.

Grant and Dr. Reynaldo both appeared startled by my display. "I wasn't suggesting you would," the woman replied, her voice mellow and even. "I only mentioned it because it's my duty as a doctor to give you all the facts."

"Of, of course," I faltered, my face burning with embarrassment. I didn't understand why I reacted so strongly to the doctor's statement, nor why I remembered that particular incident at that particular moment. "I'm sorry for my outburst."

"No apology is necessary." The woman gave me a kind smile and opened a cabinet door, retrieving a medicine injector and two vials.

Grant reached out and touched my hand. "Dr. Reynaldo, may I ask you a question?" he asked after she administered the dose to each of us.

"Of course."

"Much of your medical equipment reminds me of previous generations of devices currently in use in the city. How did you acquire technology like diagnostic scanners, medicine injectors and data pads?"

"We've had limited contact with the City Dwellers for over a century, and despite the terrible things some of them have done, not all of our dealings have been negative. The first of their kind to live with us brought many of their tools, some of which we adopted. We may embrace a simpler way of life, but we also recognize there are some advantages to technology, especially in medicine. The dual injection, for example, was developed by one of our doctors over twenty years ago."

starscape
starscape
136 Followers