Towed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,800 Followers

"Mom? Can we? Please?" Dax asked before she could answer.

"Great. Just let me change, okay?" Kash said even though Jordyn hadn't yet said it was okay.

Just in case, he didn't give her time to change her mind or say 'no'. Kash turned around and headed for the 'Employees Only' restroom before she could say another word.

Jordyn tried not to stare when he came back, but the difference between coveralls and the way he looked was a most-pleasant surprise, and that was saying something considering how nice he looked in coveralls.

"Wow. You clean up rather nicely, Mr. Tow Truck Driver," she told him.

"I'm starving. Hope you guys are hungry," he said after just smiling at her compliment.

"I'm definitely ready for lunch," Jordyn told him.

"How about you, Dax? You hungry?"

"Sure. Where we goin'?" the boy asked.

"Is the Roadhouse Diner okay?"

"Over on 15th Street?" Jordyn asked, even though she'd been there many times.

"That's the one," he told her.

"Do you want us to follow you?" she asked.

"No, I do not," Kash said with a smile as Dax and Jordyn turned around to follow him out front. "I insist on driving you."

"Well, if you insist," Jordyn said with a pleasant laugh.

When the got outside, Dax saw another Mustang and said, "Is that your car? The Mustang?"

Kash chuckled and told him, "No. That's my Uncle Art's. I drive that beast over there."

Kash pointed to a 2018 Dodge RAM Power Wagon in a dark-red pearl coat and black-trimmed truck.

"That is so awesome!" Dax called out as he ran to the passenger side.

"That's impressive," Jordyn told him as he walked her around to open her door and help her get in. "And big!"

"It was my alive-day present to..."

"That's my toy," he said without finishing what he'd started saying.

As much as Jordyn enjoyed talking to Kash on the way to the restaurant, she loved listening to 'the boys' talk even more. But the nicest surprise was when they ordered.

Jordyn had assumed Dax's lack of appetite was a temporary thing, but when they ordered she could tell he was waiting for Kash to order first. After he did Dax ordered the same thing right down to having water for his only drink.

"A salad and a glass of water. You guys are some big eaters," Jordyn said with a smile.

"They also bring out fresh bread so it's not all that healthy," Kash told her.

"Ah. I see," she replied.

They continued talking as they ate, and at one point Jordyn said something about Art mentioning Kash had been in the military.

"I'm not trying to be nosy, I was just wondering if I heard correctly," she said politely before taking another bite of the most delicious bean soup she'd ever had.

"Oh. Well, I don't tend to talk about that very much," he said. "But I was and as a result, I have insurance with USAA, too."

The smile faded from his face when Jordyn mentioned it, and now she felt terrible for asking even though it was an innocent question. To her anyway.

"My apologies. I have the utmost of respect for those who serve, so I was just curious. I didn't mean to say anything too..."

"Jordyn? I'd be happy to talk to you about it. But I'd prefer to talk..."

He glanced at Dax who was struggling to get a pea to stay on his fork, so Kash knew he wasn't paying attention.

"Maybe you and I could discuss it sometime."

"Oh, sure. Of course."

Kash knew she'd been having a nice time, and he also knew the way he answered her made her feel bad, and that made him feel terrible.

"I don't want to hide anything from you Jordyn. I know we just met, but I feel this...connection with you. I'm sure you don't feel that way about me, given a little time, who knows, right?"

He smiled then said, "It's just so personal I don't talk about my time in the Army with anyone. Unless I know them and trust them."

He was sitting right next to her and her left hand was resting on her leg. Kash reached over and touched it not sure how she might react.

"I really like you, Jordyn. And I still very much want to get to know you."

"I'm sorry, Kash," she said. "I guess I've been struggling with, you know, the age difference, and when I saw you pull into the garage today, I felt like...like I'd known you for a lot longer. It was unfair, though, to think I could ask you anything."

When she touched his fingers back, he took her hand then interlaced his with hers as he said, "You can ask me anything. I just want to talk with you privately. If I hurt your feelings in any way, I am so very sorry."

"It's okay," she said as she turned to look at him. "Really."

"I'm glad because I don't ever want to hurt you."

"How come peas are so hard to eat?" they both heard Dax out of the blue.

Jordyn looked at Kash who smiled and Jordyn suddenly forgot her hurt feelings and laughed as she squeezed Kash's hand.

"Because they're round and forks are flat," she told him as a pea rolled off it again.

"Just spear it, buddy," Kash told him.

He picked up his own fork, found a pea in his salad and stabbed it then held it up.

"Like that," he said before popping it into his mouth.

"Oh, okay," Dax said before giving it a try.

When he did, the pea shot out sideways and hit his mom right in the chest. Where it stuck. In the worst possible place. Making it look like a green...

"I am so not touching that," Kash said after Jordyn looked down and saw the location.

That made Jordyn laugh again which made Kash laugh, and that caused Dax to say, "It's just a pea! Grownups are so weird!"

Both adults laughed again as they continued holding hands under the table. After a minute or so, Kash said looked down at their hands and said, "I don't want to move but I do want to finish eating."

"Oh. Of course," Jordyn said as she let go.

Kash leaned over and whispered, "Which is better? Hugs or holding hands?"

Jordyn smiled happily then whispered back, "I like both of them quite a bit."

"Me, too," Kash said just as Dax shook his head.

"You guys better not be talking about me," the 11-year old told them.

"We're not," his mom assured him.

"Then why are you whispering?"

"We're just...having fun. That's all," his mom told him.

"Oh, okay. I thought you guys were gonna kiss or something."

"Hmm. That's twice you've said that," Jordyn said playfully. "Is there a reason you keep saying that?"

"Maybe," her son replied with a smile.

"Oh?" his mom said back.

"Uh-huh."

"Is that all you're going to say?"

"Gee, do I have to actually say it?" Dax replied with a shake of his head.

Kash understood and laughed.

"What's so funny?" Jordyn asked, now the clueless one.

"Should I tell her?" he asked Dax.

"If you want to," the boy replied with a sheepish smile.

"I think Dax is kind of hoping I will kiss you."

Dax smiled and when his mom gave him a 'you can't be serious look' he blushed a little, but kept on smiling.

"What? You want us to kiss?" she finally asked.

"Duh," Dax said.

Dumbfounded, Jordyn sat there in silence feeling confused and excited. She had to admit she was at a point where she wouldn't mind being kissed by this extremely attractive, younger man, but actually doing it—and in public—would push her way outside her comfort zone.

"Don't worry. I won't embarrass you in public," Kash said as he leaned her way.

"Ah, man! I thought he was gonna do it," Dax said when Kash pulled away.

Kash stared at Jordyn who wouldn't look back and said to Dax as he winked, "Soon, buddy. Very soon."

Jordyn was taking another bite of soup and nearly choked on it when Kash said that.

"Yes!" Dax said with a fist bump in the air.

It was rather quiet at their table the rest of the meal, and when they got back to the shop, Dax hopped out and Kash reached for Jordyn's arm when she went to reach for the door handle.

"Hold on, okay?" he said. "First, I never let a beautiful woman open her own door, and second..."

He waited for her to look at him and when he did, he gently pulled on her arm and leaned her way.

"Kash, what are you doing?" she asked, her heart beating fast.

"Duh, I'm trying to kiss you."

She smiled and wanted to laugh, but she was mainly looking for Dax. When she saw he had his back to the truck, she leaned over and let him kiss her but only a quick peck. Murphy's Law kicked in and Dax turned around to see where the grown ups were just as their lips met.

Jordyn thought she'd die of embarrassment when her son yelled, "That's what I'm talkin' about!"

"I am so going to find a rock and crawl under it," she said.

"Wow. I've had many reactions from women I've kissed, but that one takes the cake."

"Sorry," she said immediately. "It was a very nice kiss. I'm just thinking I might die of embarrassment."

"And again. Wow. I've never had that reaction, either," he teased.

"Kash! Stop!" she pleaded.

"What? Teasing you or kissing you?"

Jordyn was looking down at the floor mat then kind of looked over and said, "Maybe just the teasing?"

Kash chuckled then told her to wait while he went around to get her door. When she stepped out, she was right in front of her and was smiling.

"I'm very tempted to kiss you again right now," he said.

"Then you must be tired of living," she told him trying to keep a straight face.

He laughed loudly, closed the door, then offered her his arm. She looked at it, looked up at him, then laughed, too, before sliding her hand inside the crook of his elbow.

Dax was standing at the door and holding it open for his mom.

"Oh, my. I think someone has been a positive influence on my son," she said to Kash while smiling at her son.

Kash winked at Dax and told him, "Nice work, buddy."

The boy held up a hand for another high five and got one. He let the door close then caught up and walked on Kash's free side.

"Well, thank you very much for lunch," Jordyn said at the counter.

"Yes, thank you, Kash," Dax remembered to say causing his mom to smile again.

"The pleasure was all mine," he told them both.

"I had a really nice time," Jordyn said quietly.

"Even though I embarrassed you?" Kash quietly said back, his ever-present smile in full bloom.

"I wasn't really...embarrassed. Just caught off guard a little," she told him.

"When can I see you again, Jordyn?" he asked as he reached out his right hand and touched her left.

"I...I think anytime would be okay," she said even more quietly.

"Is tonight too soon?"

She looked over at Dax, who in spite of the barely audible voices, had heard every word. He was smiling and nodding his head so Jordyn told Kash that sounded nice.

"I...I don't really have a babysitter, so..."

"So we'll stay in. All three of us," Kash said with another smile. "Your place or mine?"

"Um...I think I might be more comfortable at mine. Is that okay?"

"Of course. And your XBox setup is a lot better than my Play Station 4."

"Oh, my. You play video games, don't you?" she said as though that was some kind of deal breaker.

"Yeah, I kinda do," he said as though he was embarrassed. "But I don't get out a lot, so a guy's gotta do something."

Jordyn couldn't believe a guy this handsome didn't date or at least hook up all the time.

"That very much surprises me," she said with a smile of her own.

"So what time?" Kash asked.

"If you want dinner, stop by at five and we'll eat at six. If not, come by around 6:30."

"I'll see you at five," he told her in a tone of voice that caused much more than this 'flutter' thing she'd been experiencing.

"Okay. I...we...we'll see you at five."

He went to lean down to kiss her on the cheek, but when she flinched, he pulled back and apologized.

"No. I'm just not used to public displays...check that. I'm not used to any displays of affection," she told him.

She smiled warmly then told him, "But I'm willing to try and learn."

"That makes me very happy," Kash replied.

Jordyn's eyes danced with his before she stood on her toes and kissed him on the cheek.

"Bye, Kash," she said sweetly.

Dax was beaming from ear to ear when she looked down at him.

"See you tonight, Kash!" the boy said.

"You can count on it. And this time I'm gonna win, okay?"

"No way! I'm the Halo-5 champion of the whole wide world!" Dax informed him.

"Yeah? Well not for long, bucko!" Kash playfully 'warned' him.

When they got back in their own car, Dax said, "Mom?"

"Yes?"

"I really like Kash."

"I noticed," his mom said with a smile as she started it up.

"And just so you know, it's okay with me if you like him, too."

Touched by his concern and level of maturity, his mom smiled and said, "Thank you, honey. I...I think I kind of might."

Another 'yes!' made her laugh, and Jordyn realized she hadn't felt this good since Josh was alive. The age difference hadn't gone away, but her willingness to set it aside for now had grown. Just like Kash had grown on her.

The weather was unseasonably warm even for August, so as Jordyn got ready for her guest to arrive, she changed into some nice-looking shorts and a cute top. She really didn't give it much thought when Kash arrived wearing jeans and a short-sleeved Henley shirt until she suggested sitting outside on the patio to eat.

"It's a little warm out there," Kash mentioned.

It was well over 90, and Jordyn knew he was right, but it wasn't humid so it would be cooler in the shade on the back porch.

"Well, if someone wasn't wearing jeans it wouldn't feel so warm," she said very playfully with a cheery smile.

Kash was standing next to her then said, "That's something I was hoping to talk to you about this evening."

He wasn't overly serious, but it still surprised her.

"Oh, okay. I'm not sure how pants vs shorts fits into that, but okay," she said very sweetly.

"Hopefully it'll all make sense," he told her.

"And this ties in with the Army?" she asked to make sure.

"Uh-huh. It does indeed," he told her.

Having no idea what he meant, Jordyn forgot about it and focused on the fact he was standing right next to her. They'd hugged when he showed up, but there'd been no other 'displays of affection', and now Jordyn was wondering if something had changed. It was another silly thing since it had only been a few hours, but silly seemed to be the place where she now lived. Mentally, at least.

"So when we left the shop today, Dax said something I thought was very sweet," she told him as she tossed a salad.

"Oh?"

"Uh-huh."

"What'd he say?" Kash asked.

"Well, he told me he really likes you then told me it was okay with him if I liked you, too."

"I knew I liked that guy," Kash said as he moved a little closer.

"He is a very smart boy," Jordyn said as Kash side stepped until he was right behind her.

He then leaned over her right shoulder so that they were cheek to cheek and said, "So...do you?"

He saw Jordyn smile then say, "Maybe. A little."

"A little is better than not at all."

"Yes, that's true," she agreed as he put his hands on her shoulders.

"With any luck, a little will turn into a lot one day," he said very quietly.

Jordyn's heart was thumping again as she said, "You're making it very hard to concentrate."

"Now you know I feel every time I'm around you," he told her.

Jordyn hadn't made love with anyone but Josh since their first time. She'd kissed three other men since she started dating with most of those coming from the guy she left at the lodge, but Kash was the first man who made her body tingle every time she saw him. And now that he was this close to her and touching her body, she was very aware that she was suddenly wet. Very wet.

When Kash ran his fingers slowly up and down her bare arms, goosebumps appeared everywhere.

"I thought you said it was warm," he said as he began softly nuzzling her neck.

"It's suddenly very cold in here," she said, barely able to talk.

"Did you know I think you're beautiful?" he asked very quietly.

Jordyn was not only no longer tossing the salad, her hands were on the countertop, and her head was down and her eyes were closed.

"I...I don't know, but I love hearing you say that," she replied.

"You are, Jordyn. You're..."

He kissed her neck softly then said, "Very..."

Another kiss and another 'very' then 'beautiful' followed by one more.

Her legs were trembling and her breathing was becoming shallow and ragged. She was turning around in order to kiss him—really kiss him—when Dax walked up and said, "When are we gonna eat?"

She flinched again, then broke out of the trance-like state she'd been in and slid to the side.

"Oh. It won't be much longer, honey," she said as she watched Kash trying not to laugh.

"Okay," her son said. As he went to leave he asked Kash if he was ready to get whooped.

"Whooped? You mean are you ready to get whooped, right?" Kash told him as he followed him to the living room.

"Oh, yeah? Well, bring it on—bucko!" Dax said using the new word he'd just learned.

As badly as Jordyn's body ached to be loved, her 'soul' was being nurtured again just listening to them playing together. She'd never really thought Kash was spending time with Dax as a way to get to her, primarily because until just now she wasn't really sure he wanted to get to her. But it was clear to her that he was and that he genuinely enjoyed spending time with her son.

She peeked out from around the corner and watched them as Kash leaned over in front of Dax, holding the controls in front of him to block his view, as both of them laughed loudly.

"It's the only way I can win!" Kash said as he play-squished Dax into the arm of the couch. "If you can't see the screen, I might actually beat you for once!"

Dax was laughing so hard he was nearly crying and calling out, "No fair! Don't you know cheaters never prosper?"

Jordyn stepped back into the kitchen with a smile on her face and tears in eyes as she continued making dinner.

They ate inside, and Jordyn wasn't about to say another word about how pleasant it would be out on the patio. And because all them had such a nice time talking, laughing, and eating, it truly didn't matter.

When they finished, Kash said to Dax, "How about you and I take care of the dishes for your mom?"

"Sure!" Dax said immediately even though the most he normally did was put his own plate in the dishwasher. And only if his mom reminded him.

Kash rinsed off the plates and loaded them in the dishwasher while Dax came back and wiped down the table.

"Thanks for dinner, Mom!" Dax said as he cleaned the table while she sat and watched.

"You're welcome. And thank you—both of you—for helping."

Kash looked over his shoulder and smiled at her, and Dax told her, "You're welcome," back.

"I could get used to this," Jordyn said as lightheartedly as she could.

"I hope you will," Kash told her after putting a plate in the dishwasher and standing up so he could turn around and look right at her.

His voice wasn't so much playful as it was...earnest. It was his way of saying he could see them doing this on a regular basis, and as Jordyn looked over at him, her tummy did another flutter kind of thing.

After dinner they all went to the living room where Dax wanted to play more video games, but his mom suggested they try talking for a while. Not only did her son not argue with her he replied with just one word—cool!

After covering most of the basics people getting to know one other typically talk about, the conversation turned to Josh. Jordyn looked at Dax who understood she was concerned he might get upset hearing about his father.

"You can talk about Dad, Mom. I won't be sad," he told her, again showing a level of maturity that both surprised and touched her.

Jordyn explained how they met and fell in love and how Josh got orders to Malmstrom where they stayed until he retired. Because so few places had nuclear missiles it was possible to spend most of one's career at one or two bases, and that had true with Josh.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,800 Followers