Tower of Babylon Pt. 03

Story Info
A trip into the Protectorate.
10.5k words
4.61
5.2k
5

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/31/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mrfudan
mrfudan
79 Followers

The Gaze of the Abyss

Once she lost the attention of the retributive head mistress, Norma's life settled into a type of normalcy and mostly boredom, much to her relief. The vast majority of the female slaves served purely as decoration, housed and kept at exorbitant expense as a status symbol. The unseen potentate had detached private quarters where he kept house with his cadre of wives and mistresses, so Norma had yet to actually interact with any of them.

It was a ridiculous charade, but the rules were strict and all members were expected to follow them even if it seemed no one was observing, or cared, at their pantomime of an existence. Even without direct supervision, there were hidden eyes everywhere. She'd learned this lesson quickly, her knees the worse for wear as the typical punishment was to clean the floors and bathrooms with a toothbrush and hand rags.

Those early days were a blur of Sisyphean exhaustion as she'd worked muscles she'd never had used in her life and the endless hallways and byzantine chambers of the estate was all too much to comprehend at once. She had expected a period of hazing and was thankful when that time finally passed, as all things do.

There were no windows in the dormitory wing, so it was pitch black from lights out until morning. It was a pain to have to go to the communal bathroom, fumbling in the blackness so she had quickly learned that it was best to hold it in if it all possible until daybreak despite the line for the toilets.

When the overhead lights snapped on, she groaned and put her arm over her eyes, rolling over onto her stomach. The thin, shared, sheet had been pulled away, as usual, and bunched up with her closest bunk-mate, a waspish girl called Allie, although, like Norma, this was not her real name.

It was common for the women to pair up although this was one of the less formal rules of the place. As display pieces, however, they were all expected to be practiced in the Sapphic arts, so some of them took to it better than others. It helped that there was precious little entertainment, and unlike the senior servants, they were not expected to do chores except as punishment so there was plenty of free time.

As someone who had her own domestics in the past, she had little desire to actually become one despite her circumstances so she had no incentive for promotion and was glad that none was given.

She felt a tickle on her ear and the press of breasts against her back. Allie pecked her cheek as she tried to wave her away like a pesky mosquito. Her hair was cropped short and was a darker shade of blonde compared to Norma. She also had an Asiatic tilt to her eyes when half-lidded gave her the look of a contented kitten. She knew this expression pleased Norma, so she did it again as she pushed her face close to hers.

"Come on," Allie said. "I don't want to be last again. You need to brush your teeth, stinky breath."

"All right, all right!" Norma stretched, reaching out for an imaginary dresser. She pretended to put on a robe, still half-asleep. After rubbing her eyes, she groaned when she saw the line to the bathrooms. It was a wall of bare flesh, as none were allowed a stitch unless mandated for a particular role.

The washroom was also an open plan much like a locker room with sections for bidets, squat toilets, and showers as well as sinks. They were not allowed individual care items such as toothbrushes, combs, creams, and such, it was all shared. If any had balked at this they quickly overcame the lack of privacy or somehow managed to stifle their objections.

The first time she had been presented with the challenge, the others, strangers then, had snickered. Somehow, they knew she wasn't originally one of them, but a fallen angel, born of privilege. They had whispered under their breaths, "Princess" when she had stared awkwardly at the row of unmarked, used, toothbrushes standing in the stainless steel holders above the sinks.

She'd grabbed a random one and shoved it into her mouth, grinning, "Can't be any dirtier than your cunts." As part of her hazing, she had to clean them with her mouth, much to their amusement. After several weeks, she was intimately aware of each of their bodies as they were of hers.

It was all second nature now. Norma spat out the toothpaste suds, rinsed the well-used toothbrush, and handed it to Allie. There were frictions of course, she cursed at whoever hadn't cleaned the hair brush. There were long black hairs so it wasn't Allie, though she gave her partner the side-eye as she took her turn at the sink.

As decorations, they were all chosen to be healthy and attractive specimens. Exercise was mandatory in order to maintain their trim. After their morning ablutions, Norma and Allie went upstairs where they assisted each other in stretches on the gymnasium mat while others did aerobics or used the various machines. This section was above ground and connected with a yard which had a jogging track, a small grassy pitch, and a pool with a tanning area.

Breakfast was served in a cafeteria. The food was simple but well-made and heartening. After a wash and self-care if needed, they were expected to head to their duty stations, assigned by the head mistress on a rotating basis.

For several weeks, Norma had been outside in one of the vast lawns, where she had gained a tan and met Allie for the first time. It had been quite relaxing to be outdoors in the gardens despite the deepening summer heat, although it was mitigated by the water misters and ample places for shade. They were expected to circulate to various "scenic" pose areas where they had the option to enact various scenarios, mostly in the theme of erotic wood nymphs. There was even a wading pool they were expected to frolic in. Much of the time there were no direct supervisors, but infractions were punished quickly so there must be hidden cameras around the premises.

It was easy and simple "work" so she actually enjoyed it, even the mandatory encounters with other nymphs and the occasional male servant. They were expected to serve any visitors or guests, but so far, they had been few and far between.

Norma had grown used to the breeze in between her thighs, and she particularly liked the feel of the sun on her bronzed skin as she strolled through the park-like gardens, verdant and green. In another life, she may have lived as a nudist, she thought.

There was one particular stone pedestal that she enjoyed. It was a long slab with intricate relief carvings and a small, attached, canopy in the design of a metallic leaf that gave partial shade. She was allowed to bring a body towel to lie on. She'd practice meditating although a couple times she'd fallen asleep which had drawn a reprimand and sore knees.

The short-haired girl with aquamarine eyes had suddenly appeared, or so she had thought as she blinked. Their faces were almost touching.

"I was wondering when you'd wake up," the girl smirked.

"Shit, they're going to make me clean the all the tile grouts again."

"Not if you give them a good show. I was waiting for this spot, but we might as well share it," the girl said as she climbed onto the slab and straddled Norma. She leaned down to give her a deep kiss. Even then, the shock of such sudden encounters was still a bit fresh, but she managed to respond in kind and felt herself flush. Norma ran her hands down the side of the small-framed woman, and grabbed her hips. They were narrow, but soft enough where it counted.

They tasted everything of each other, and eventually they entwined in a classic sixty-nine. She heard a muffled giggle from below, "I can give you some help trimming this lawn down later."

Norma didn't have a ready retort, instead admiring the perfectly smooth flesh in her face. She parted the girl's ass to peek there too, and it was as similarly bare. Norma ran her tongue into the gap checking for any stubble. In fact, the girl's body was smooth as cream milk and impeccable.

Mollified, she replied, "That's nice. I'm Norma."

"Allie."

They spent a long while exploring each other under the sun, their skin shining in the summer light. They knew enough to make sure it was as artistic as possible for the imaginary audience, twisting and arching the fine lines of their bodies and limbs into exquisite forms. She said, "It would be a waste if no one is watching after all."

"Oh, he's watching," Allie said. "His gaze is always upon us."

Norma was too enamored with the moment of her culmination to question Allie about this as she exclaimed, reveling in the momentary perfection, "You're beautiful...no, we're beautiful..."

And they were.

--

They weren't always on the same shift, so they took this pleasure when they could or at night in the darkness. Sometimes their hands and mouths spilled over to the others and the midnight chamber was filled with their cries for they had become experts on the mysteries of each other and in that darkness they felt, for a moment, free from the ever present eye of their masters. Although, they suspected that wasn't quite true, as there could be cameras with night vision for all they knew, but were never told.

They were naked, stripped of all normality, and like an exposed nerve, shivering in anticipation of every moment which might bring either pain or pleasure. It was easier to choose pleasure when they had the opportunity, as many enslaved do to protect themselves from that keening despair of the abyss.

--

Today, Norma was to receive a new schedule from the head mistress. She didn't like the stern woman but she took the flight of stairs to the second upstairs floor where she had a private chamber. The heavy door was partially open, as was custom for all servants. It was in indication of her status that she even had a door available to her, even if it could never be fully closed.

She heard the familiar sounds from inside but did not hesitate to knock.

"Come in," the cold voice barked.

Bowing her head, Norma slipped inside. It was a modest room with a small wooden work desk and matching chair, some cabinets and a washable rug over the hardwood floor. It would require one soon due to the activity in the center of it. A young, male, servant was plowing someone while the head mistress stood observing, a long, black, baton in hand. The man had bruises on his back and buttocks from where she had struck him.

"Don't lose concentration," she chided. "Keep your back straight."

The headmistress was wearing a severe black lace corset that only covered her midriff, her exposed nipples fat and glistening. She had one leg up on the desk so the servant could taste her when she commanded although currently he was focused on ploughing the woman below him.

Norma didn't recognize her, but it could have been anyone from one of the other staff members for all she knew.

She'd seen the man servant around. His name was Jacob and was an indentured slave as well although he usually worked on this floor as a footman. Norma had never been introduced but she immediately suspected that would change very soon. She braced herself, and a part of her was a bit excited.

Sometimes, the head mistress would play turnabout on expectations, but not today. She ordered, "Jacob, finish inside the new girl. You, take the position. No, not there, next to the other one."

Norma went to her knees, face down, on the rug, hip to hip with the sweaty girl. Their eyes met briefly as Jacob pulled out and slid into Norma with a quick movement. His cock was still slick from the other woman, so that helped, although the shock of his entry still made Norma widen her eyes. The other girl made to get up but the head mistress pushed her down again with her foot. She used her baton to finish where Jacob had left off. Whether she enjoyed it or not, the girl acted like she did.

He had a decent girth, thick enough that Norma winced a bit but once he was pumping it became easier. As he worked, the head mistress continued, "Norma, you will be in the great hall today. Catrina will be in charge so report to her."

Norma gasped, mouth open. This was big news as she'd never worked the hall. Her heart pumped with adrenaline and she clenched on Jacob's dick as he ejaculated inside of her.

"Clean both of them, girl." The head mistress made Jacob lick the baton clean while the other woman was busy at her duty. Absently, Norma turned around once she was done to share the man's flagging cock, tasting herself on it.

"That's good. You two are excused for now. Norma, get on the desk for inspection."

It was awkward, and the narrow desk was barely large enough for the job.

The head mistress sat back on the chair after giving Norma a tertiary look over. She said, "I see that you've improved. There is going to be a harvest party, and we want to be prepared. We have some important guests. If you perform well, you'll be part of the staff in attendance. If you're lucky, maybe even a deacon will use you and I can get a good price."

"Am I to be sold?"

"You made a dent in my budget so I have to make it back somehow. Honestly, it would be better to keep you, as the prestige is good. That is the other reason you will be on show. You might even meet an old relative or two." The head mistress gave her a wicked grin, as if relishing her humiliation.

She shivered. Norma had accepted that possibility but had been thankful to avoid it so far.

The great hall was almost cathedral-like in scale and opulence as it connected the grand entryway with the main reception and dining hall where most social activities were held. Due to its prominence, it was the most extravagant in showing off the estate owner's vast power and wealth, adorned with expensive artwork, tapestries, statuary, and ancillary finery. In the alcoves for the sconces, there were arrayed pedestals for the living candelabra consisting of forty nubile women, twenty at a time on display (ten to a side) plus their seconds. Due to the strain, each woman maintained the pose only for a few minutes, exchanging with another in a regular interval although they could request a change in case of some urgency.

Norma didn't look forward to it despite all the physical training she had been doing so far. She would need to limber up some more.

There were multiple shifts as this service also was provided at night when there were actual guests staying overnight but it was reduced to partial days if household members were away and no visitors were expected. This was not the only type of display, as there were many other services including the two "doorknockers" at the grand entrance and a living diorama in the atrium but those are details for another day.

Either way, Norma added up the required numbers and realized her group in her servant wing must be only a small fraction of the total on the grounds. Could the master be the Grand Minister himself, she wondered? No one ever named the owner explicitly, like a noble king of old.

In the case of the candelabra, it took a moment to take it all in: the women were upside down with arms gripping a pole behind their backs and their legs in various artistic positions while their heads were hidden inside the cylindrical base. A battery powered light fixture in the form a sphere with a phallic base was held in place by their vaginas. It provided little practical light on its own. A back brace looped around their hips provided some additional support. The brunt of the woman's weight was cushioned by pads on the base itself which closed around the woman's head such that her shoulders rested on the ring. Regardless, the position required stamina and physical dexterity to maintain properly.

When she entered the great hall, she padded down to where the mistress beckoned her. Norma admired the women who were on display in stoic silence. They occasionally switched their leg positions, like dancers scissoring to some unknown beat. Their abs were impressively sculpted due to the constant exertion.

Catrina was another severe woman although taller and thinner than the head mistress. Her breasts were apple sized but even Norma was enamored with her sharp Eastern European looks and long legs, partially clad in net stocking. Norma hadn't been quite finished by Jacob so she secretly hoped for some more "practice" of that nature but the hall mistress seemed focused on explaining her new duties.

Catrina directed her to a side room where there was a practice unit. She said, "Natalia will be your second. Proceed with training. You will be given ample time for practice. If you are unable to satisfy our standards, or fail to maintain composure when a guest is present, you will be dismissed immediately."

The first few days in the training rig were tortuous as she was made to mount and dismount countless times until she could do the movements as elegantly as possible. The core of the rig was the central pole which was locked into the floor through the decorative base. It was quite sturdy so she guessed the pole actually penetrated the floor itself where there must have been some kind of hydraulic lift as the pole could be adjusted in height for the various women. The "pedestal" was a cylindrical enclosure that was placed once the "dancer" was in position. There was a metal brace midway up the pole, also adjustable and useful as a grip while positioning.

Once upside down and the pedestal enclosed around her head, Natalia adjusted the brace and added the strap that secured the hips. The more advanced candle holders didn't use it. Instead, a hook on a metal ring was slid down the pole and it had a phallic insert that was placed in the anus. This was obviously much more difficult and risky. The final touch was the insertion of the candle itself. It was basically an LED light inside of a globe attached to a dildo.

It was humiliating but at least no one would see her face. On the other hand, the next problem was the boredom inside the dark pedestal cover. The assistant waited at attention behind the pedestal, tapped the time to her, and adjusted her position if necessary as well as stayed ready in case she called for help or shift change.

During actual presentation, the two would exchange roles as needed. Backups and off-shift pairs waited in a hidden break room where they actually had snacks, entertainment (a rarity), and other minor luxuries. Such were the perks of a more prestigious assignment. These break rooms were the first time Norma had seen any modicum of privacy for the indentured servants of any class although she guessed that there were hidden surveillance even there.

After a couple weeks, she was allowed to actually begin a few short shifts in the great hall. It was tough at first, but gradually she became accustomed to it although she always used the brace. Allie massaged her shoulders every night and encouraged her, so there was that. Inside the pedestal, she managed to actually meditate, entering a time of tranquility she had never known in her life and in her own way, she was satisfied.

--

The wall loomed like a dark storm cloud on the horizon. Brutal, grey, and stark, the erection bristled with guard towers, projection lights, and gun emplacements along its length in the motif of a penitentiary, although which side held the inmates one was not entirely sure.

In front of the wall, there was a no man's land of flattened terrain, barbed wire, dragon's teeth barricades, and pitfall trenches along its entire length.

Only pedestrian traffic was allowed through a detached customs gate complex made up of a two story edifice with a guardhouse and holding area with a lot where several menacing armored vehicles were parked at the ready. On the roof of the small building, heavily armored Protectorate troopers scanned the queue that snaked through the zig-zag "cattle" channels made of metal barricades below them. Their weapon attachments tracked the crowd like twitching antennae of a predatory arthropod.

mrfudan
mrfudan
79 Followers