Traffic Violation Ch. 01

Story Info
Careless driving has consequences.
4.2k words
4.66
15.4k
23
7

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John's mind was wandering as he rode through the rough mountain country. He was only a few miles west southwest of Colorado Springs, Colorado but, for all intents and purposes, he was alone in the world. There was no sign of other people or civilization. As he rode he thought about the recent past and wondered if he could have done anything to prevent the heartbreak that descended on him.

This was supposed to be the happiest time of his life. In May he passed his licensure examination and became eligible to work as a Physician's Assistant. Yesterday he was supposed to marry the love of his life. All at once John heard a huge clap of rolling thunder much like a sonic boom. There was a flash of light and he felt as if a semi truck rammed him before he fell into a pit of blackness. When he next noticed anything it was Erie silence in the forrest and a ringing in his ears. He could barely see because of the bright flash of light. His horses were going wild from fear. He could see them running in the near distance as he picked himself up from the forrest floor covered with pine needles. After several minutes, John finally managed to catch both the stallion he was riding and his mare packhorse and get them under control. It took even more time before he calmed them enough to resume his trip. He was truly pissed at the asshole pilot (he assumed) that flew so low the sonic boom knocked him out.

Before his mishap, John had been riding through the national forrest with his pair of Australian Shepards and his pack mare heading for a month long camping and fishing expedition. He would have normally used a mule as pack animal but the mare was about to come in season and he wanted to breed her to his prize stallion so she got to come on this trip. He was a big man and needed the big stallion to ride so couldn't leave him home with the mare.

Beginning today, for the next month, John was supposed to be on his honeymoon but three days before the wedding date he found out his fiancee was a cheating skank of the highest order. It seems like she and some of her close friends decided she deserved one last fling so they decided to turn her bachelorette party into an orgy. He didn't know who, but someone videoed just enough to end their relationship. He never would have thought to try and put two cocks into one pussy, especially not his fiancee's! At least he only received a short video clip of the orgy via e-mail, although there was a link to click on that led to more video if the message was correct. He never used it but heard many of the other addressee's did. After he received the clip he went to her parent's home where the cunt was staying and confronted his ex. Her parents gave him hell for making her cry and even more for breaking the engagement until he showed them the clip.

Instead of heading up into the mountains today, he was supposed to be heading for Florida and a resort and ocean cruise to celebrate his nuptials. Thank God for travel insurance. The refund on the resort and cruise more than paid for his month long trip into the mountains.

After his animals were calmed down, John looked around. He didn't recognize where he was, but that was no surprise. He had never been here. What was a surprise was all the freshly downed trees dropped helter skelter in among the growing trees. And, to top that off, the down trees were still green and there didn't appear to be any holes for their root balls to have come from. It looked as if someone had pulled them up like they would a tall weed and then threw them down. What the FUCK? All at once, he had a splitting headache. His dogs Blue and Shadow were whining and rubbing their heads as they looked around the area in which they now found themselves.

John pulled out his GPS and map to locate himself. To his surprise, the GPS said "no signal". He rode on, checking his GPS occasionally and finding the same message. Thankfully he had learned map reading while he was in the Army and could get a rough idea of location by using an old fashioned compass and terrain association. He was glad now he had talked some of his buds into getting him military maps of his intended route and camping locations. He had maps of the entire four corners area of the United States from just east of the rockies to Santa Fe, New Mexico.

**************

ABOARD THE FLEET FLAGSHIP CONCORD (Translated)

The Guard said, "Halt. The prisoner will stand at attention," as he stopped in front of the room with his charge.

A court officer looked at the senior officers sitting at a table in the front of the room. The Admiral seated at the center of the table of 5 nodded his head. The officer then said, "Commander Kowlic, while serving as navigator and standing watch as Officer of the Deck on board the cruiser SPEEDRUNNER, you are accused of negligence, dereliction of duty, failure to follow lawful orders, operating a FTL interstellar vessel in a careless and unsafe manner, and exceeding the speed limit within a system occupied by sentient beings. You passed too close to the planet Earth and allowed the time distorting cone from the FTL drive to impact the planet. The wake of passing so close to the planet damaged much of the primitive technology both orbiting the planet and upon its surface. The distortion of your vessel's wake also changed the orbits of the planet and its moon.

"The time distortion cone's tangental impact with the planet also caused the involuntary temporal relocation of one higher level and four lower level primitive intelligences on the planet Earth in the SOL System. There were additional relocations of non sentient flora and fauna as well. This relocation and orbit change could potentially change the mentation of those beings, the development of the planet and, consequently, the course of civilization on Earth. You are also charged with failure to report the infraction of said regulations to higher headquarters. How do you plead?"

The Commander said, "Not Guilty. Those beings are so primitive it is questionable whether they can be called sentient. Consequently, their location on the planet in question or in its time stream is of minor consequence. Why they don't even have a permanent presence on their moon and their primitive space station is a joke. They cannot even reliably detect our ships as we traverse their system or fly through their atmosphere. They still classify sightings of our vehicles in their atmosphere as Unidentified Flying Objects. For all intents and purposes, therefore, this system does not meet the requirements to be considered occupied by sentient beings. That being the case, I have violated none of the regulations and laws I have been accused of violating."

*********

John travelled a short distance further after he encountered the strange disruption in the forrest. He estimated he rode almost two miles before he was out of the affected area. From a high point he looked behind him and saw the devastation stretching for as far as he could see. When he came to a good campsite on a high gravel bar between a stream and moderately tall bluff he stopped for the day. He and his animals still felt "off". His headache was slightly less but his body (and especially his head) ached for some reason. He set up his camp and took out his fishing rod. He thought a nice mess of fish and some fried potatoes and onions sounded good for his evening meal today.

John walked downstream a few feet from his camp to a deep pool and began fishing. He was shocked at the ease with which he managed to catch fish. The size of the fish was amazing also. It was almost as if no one had ever fished this pool. The fish were hitting his bait as soon as it was in the water. It only took about fifteen minutes to catch enough fish for supper and breakfast the next morning.

John cleaned up his dishes and pans as soon as his evening meal was completed. He felt exhausted after his days ride and drifted off to sleep just before full dark, waking only once during the night to relieve himself. The next morning he woke at dawn. He built up his fire and put on some coffee, cared for his horses and fed the dogs, then headed for the stream for the fish he left on the stringer for breakfast.

As he walked out of camp he stumbled. He would swear he heard Blue say, "Pack Leader goes." He looked toward the dogs to see them trotting out of camp with him. He pulled the two nice fish from the stream, cleaned them and returned to camp.

After his meal John cleaned up, broke camp, packed and began his ride farther into the mountains.

As he rode he kept track of his location on the map. Many of the small trails shown on the map were unrecognizable and some of the larger roads were only minor trails if they existed at all. He was puzzled by the constant discrepancies. He also worried about the absence of signs of civilization. He had heard no mechanical noises or aircraft and had seen no contrails. By his estimation he was still only a few miles from Colorado Springs so should have seen something.

John continued riding westward, seeing nothing except wilderness and a few animals, animals who did not seem nearly as scared of a human as they should be. After two days he began to worry. He had seen no houses, no fences, no roads, no indication of civilization at all. Late mid morning on the third day John crested a rise and looked over a large high plains meadow. There was a stream running through the valley below him and out into the plains. Just where the valley opened out into the plains there were what appeared to be dwellings. There was some smoke rising from several locations within what appeared to be tipi like tents and, perhaps, some small huts. John rode toward the camp or village wondering if it could possibly be what it looked like; an Indian village. He wasn't aware there were any Indians in this area. There was no reservation nearby that he was aware of.

When John got closer to the village he began to see destruction. Most of the dwellings were damaged. Some of the tendrils of smoke were from smoldering dwellings. Then he saw bodies laying about. Finally, as he rode into the village itself he noticed three or four people running away into the woods on the opposite side.

John stopped in the center of the village and dismounted. Blue and Shadow were running around smelling everything. Occasionally Blue would mark a spot. Shadow entered the tipi in the best repair and gave a quick bark then began whining. John quickly entered behind her and found three people on what appeared to be poorly tanned skins. They were all injured in some manner. There were two young children and one woman of indeterminate age. The woman was unconscious. Both children watched him, fear evident on their faces as he inspected each of them.

John gently rubbed Shadow as he spoke, "Well, what have you found here girl? I wonder what happened here anyway. All of the injuries I've seen seem to be made by clubs or spears of some kind. This is just too strange. I haven't seen any modern cookware, tools or weapons either. Do you suppose this was some kind of cult or commune? And who would do something like this to all these people?

"Well, never mind. Let's see what we can do to help these three. After that we'll check to see if any of the others are still alive and need help. Then maybe we can find some of those I thought I saw run off when we arrived."

John quickly and expertly examined the injuries. He grimaced at the poor care of the wounds and cleaned them as well as he could. He got and used his medical kit to render aid to the three. After that, he gave each of the three in the tipi some water then wandered through the camp. He found one more person, a young man, who was not dead. He was in terrible shape. He had a deep stab wound in his side and a large lump on his head. John carried him to the tipi and placed him with the other injured then treated him.

During his inspection of the camp he found no food at all. He decided he needed to go hunting even though it was not hunting season. He and these people needed food and the injured needed a hospital where they could obtain better medical care. He had a good first aid kit and more medication than he expected to need for his month long trip but it would run out fast if he had to treat these badly injured people for long. He would do what he could until he could get them to better facilities though.

It was almost dusk when John staggered into camp with his kill. He had found and killed a young black bear that was feeding on a dead Indian from the looks of things. As soon as he got to camp he built up a fire. He filled his largest pot with water and put some small chunks of bear and a few dry vegetables in it to cook. He hoped giving the wounded soup would help. He also began cooking a couple of large chunks of the bear over the flames for himself and his canine friends. He was still puzzled by the way the dogs acted. They seemed much more in tune with his desires and seemed to understand him better than they had before this trip.

John was inside the tent trying to get the injured people to drink some of the broth when he heard Blue and Shadow growl. He heard scuffling, a yip, then a short scream. He put down the cup of broth and rushed from the tipi to find Shadow with her jaws around the arm of a young girl beside the fire. Blue had another pair of small children backed up against the side of a nearby tipi.

"What's going on here," John asked. The three young people looked at him in fright. The dogs kept their attention on the children. John said, "Blue. Come."

When he heard the command, Blue stopped growling and moved over beside John. The two young children watched in fear as did the older girl by the fire. John then said, "Shadow, release. Guard."

Shadow released the girls arm and backed off a step or two. When the girl started to run shadow growled and moved toward her again, getting in front of her once again. Every time she tried to leave, Shadow got in front of her. John slowly moved toward the fire, watching the children as he did so. He pulled one of the pieces of meat from the fire and cut off a slice. He held it out to the two youngest children and said, "Here. Are you hungry?"

All three children looked at him, then the meat. The youngest girl took a step toward him and he smiled. The young boy grabbed her and she stopped. John sighed. He put the slice of meat on a plate and cut another which he also placed on the plate. He slowly stood and walked toward the two youngest ones until they started to back away. He placed the plate of meat on a log and moved back to the fire. He gestured for them to pick it up and eat.

After he moved back to the fire, he cut a larger slice of meat and did the same for the older girl, then cut himself and the dogs some meat. He sat eating his meat as he watched the children. Finally the older girl moved and took the plate of meat. She ate as if she was ravenous. When they saw her eating, the other two children began devouring their meat too.

After the children stopped eating, John tried to talk to them. They all looked at him strangely as he talked. The older girl said several things in a strange language which John didn't understand. He couldn't understand why, in this day and time, she couldn't understand or speak English. finally, in disgust, he picked up the pan of soup and walked to the tipi, motioning the children to follow.

John was working inside alone when he finally heard small steps and the older girl cautiously entered the tipi. She watched him for a moment then moved to begin helping one of the children. She stopped when she saw the injured young man John had found. She yelled and pulled a knife John hadn't seen from her skirt and headed for the young man. John leaped at her and managed to knock the knife from her hand. She got away from him and began beating the young man and tried to pull him from the tipi. John finally managed to get her away from the man and pushed her toward the children while John worked with the older girl or young woman and the man. The uninjured girl was glaring at the man every time John took the time to look at her.

As John worked, he talked and let his compassion and disgust for the hurt these people suffered swirl in his head. As he talked, and between giving the young woman spoon fulls of soup, he worked on her injuries. He couldn't help thinking about how the injury should look if it was healed. Finally, he was done with the young woman and turned his attention to the man once again. He found he was too late. The man had died. With a sigh of sorrow, John stood and carried him from the tipi and placed him with the other dead.

From time to time he noticed the children watching him in surprise. It was full dark before John decided they had done all they could for the injured and around the camp. He walked slowly to his pack and pulled his bedroll and sleeping bag out. He pitched a lean too beside the fire and rolled his sleeping bag out on his ground pad. He watched as the children bedded down inside with the others, again using poorly tanned hides for their beds.

The next morning, first thing, John checked on the injured. He found the three uninjured children already working, trying to help their friends. After determining things were going well with his patients, John began working on breakfast. The older girl child quickly moved to help him, pushing him away several times. As they worked he tried to decide what to do next. He needed to report this atrocity to the authorities, but where did he go? He felt as if he was residing in prehistoric times. None of his modern electronics worked, these people seemed awfully primitive and the forrest looked as it was untouched by modern man.

He couldn't just bury the dead. For one thing he wasn't sure he could dig enough graves. His food wouldn't last long if he had to feed himself and the 6 young people even if he hunted out of season as he had been. He had limited ammunition besides. He only packed ten boxes of shells for each of his weapons and had already used four rounds. He needed to get the children back to civilization too. What a HELL of a way to spend his month off!

Well, he couldn't move off today and probably not for several days. He couldn't leave the youngsters here alone to care for the injured and they couldn't travel yet. As he worked and thought about his future actions, he noticed the older girl bustling around the camp working also. She kept pushing him aside and pointing at the small pile of firewood. She would say something then would begin working on the bear again.

Finally, John got the hint. She wanted him to gather more wood. He stood and headed for the woods only to find the two other children following along with his two dogs. The children kept well clear of the dogs almost as if they feared them.

When John and the children returned with the first load of wood he saw the girl had built two other fires and had meat drying on racks over them as she cooked a large batch of meat and another pot of soup over the cook fire.

The girl grinned when she saw the wood and gestured him out into the woods once again as she continued working. John decided to heck with carrying wood and got his Stallion Buck, saddled him and led him into the forrest. This time they dragged a larger tree back to the camp for wood. After two more trips John decided they had enough wood and stopped. He rubbed Buck down after unsaddling him and got some meat for breakfast, making sure the children ate also.

As they ate John decided to have a language lesson. Like most people would, he started with names. He couldn't understand the names so finally gave each person a name in English that sounded slightly like the name they used in introduction. Thus, the older girl became Flower (she had shown him a flower when naming herself), the younger girl not injured was Twanda and the boy was Roar.

12