Training Tom Ch. 02: Humility Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"As I said, we --," the woman started to say, but Sophie tersely interrupted.

"I mean the exact one right there, Flo. Please take it off the mannequin for me."

Flo's brow furrowed, then she shrugged her shoulders.

"If you can fit into this little thing, darling, I'll give it to you for half-off," she said with a skeptical laugh, then added smugly, "I think I'd call that a tall order."

Lisa watched the exchange with curiosity. The stylist was behaving dreadfully. But she was more intrigued with how Sophie was reacting, calmly and confidently asserting herself, retaking control of the situation. Lisa doubted she could have handled it as well.

The mannequin sat high atop a pedestal. Flo stepped onto a low display table and stretched on tip toe to reach for the dress.

"Perhaps you could give her a hand, dear?" Lisa whispered to Sophie.

Sophie put her phone in her purse and turned to Lisa.

"Oh? Yeah, I guess so," she answered, as if the thought hadn't crossed her mind. "Hey Flo, not sure you can manage there, let me give you a hand."

"Absolutely not!" the stylist responded sharply, seemingly offended at the offer. "I've got it."

At that moment, the mannequin tipped over and Flo went with it. Sophie took two quick steps forward and deftly caught the woman in one arm and the dummy in the other. Lisa was surprised to see that Sophie didn't just stop the woman's fall, she actually held the small woman suspended in the air, her rear end scooped into the palm of her hand.

"Guess you don't," Sophie said in a matter-of-fact tone as she lowered Flo to her feet.

Lisa felt a brief flutter in her chest. She was impressed by Sophie's reflexes. But the ease with which she absorbed the woman's weight was breathtaking. She had never seen anything quite like it. Recalling Sophie's careful hug, she felt affirmed in her assessment of the girl's uncommon strength.

Flo's face screwed up awkwardly as if trying to decide whether to thank Sophie or scold her. In the meantime, Sophie unzipped and removed the dress, then handed the mannequin to her as if nothing had happened. As the tall teen turned toward the changing room, Lauren stepped out.

Lisa was immediately taken with Lauren's dress. The yellow evening gown clung to her daughter's body like a glove, highlighting her curves with grace and sophistication. It was as if she had entered the store a girl and would leave as a grown woman.

"Oh sweetie, you look ravishing!" Lisa exclaimed.

"Simply fabulous!" Flo cried, thankful for the distraction from her mishap.

"Dang, girlfriend!" Sophie added with a whistle.

Lauren blushed and partially stifled a grin.

"Oh, stop!" she exclaimed, trying to maintain her humility, yet clearly knowing she deserved the praise.

"Own it girl!" another voice called out. "You're a total hottie!"

The women turned to see the girls' volleyball teammate Gina walking toward them.

"Ha, thanks!" Lauren giggled. "I didn't realize you'd be here at the same time?"

"I just finished buying a dress at Bloomingdales and some underwear at Victoria's Secret," answered the tall newcomer. "But I've tried a few stores and just can't find the shoes I want in my size. I usually don't have this issue. I mean, I'm only a size 10, which is practically normal, especially when you consider the rest of me. Anyway, Saks was next on my list to try. If you've picked your dress, want to come look for shoes with me, Lauren?"

"Sure!" Lauren responded. "Ma'am, is it okay if I leave the dress on while I try on shoes?"

"Yeah that should be all right," said Flo, then her nose crinkled, "Although it's dragging some. You'll need to have it altered. For now, just bunch it up as you walk to keep from fraying the bottom. In fact, I would feel best if I came with you."

Lisa realized that Lauren was about to leave Sophie alone. She was usually more considerate with friends.

"Lauren, what about --." Lisa began just as Lauren spoke.

"Mom, do you mind staying to help Sophie while I try on shoes with Gina?"

"That would be great," Sophie answered before Lisa could speak, then she held up the burgundy dress and flashed a glance at Flo. "I could really use a cosmopolitan eye to help decide if this dress works."

"Oh...well, okay then," Lisa agreed, with some hesitation.

Her reluctance was partly because she had hoped to spend more time with Lauren. But even more so, something about being alone with the tall teen made her nervous. Not in a frightened way, more like a general discomfort that she couldn't put her finger on.

She also realized belatedly that Sophie was calling her cosmopolitan, while making a subtle dig at Flo. While she certainly didn't think of herself that way, the idea that Sophie did was gratifying.

Lauren, Flo, and Gina walked to the shoe department, while Sophie headed to the dressing room.

"Just give me a minute to change and I'll come out to get your feedback," she said over her shoulder, then added with a laugh, "Assuming I can squeeze into this little thing!"

Lisa stood outside the dressing room, again feeling nervous. There was no reason to be, she reminded herself, as she took a deep breath and tried to relax. She was simply a mother helping her daughter's friend. Nothing was out of the ordinary.

"Mrs. Douglas?" a voice called from inside the changing area. "Can I get your help with something?"

"Be right there, dear," Lisa responded back automatically.

She stepped through the curtain into the private area and suddenly had second thoughts. Is it appropriate to go into a changing room with your daughter's friend? What would her parents think? Or am I overthinking? She's eighteen, practically an adult, she rationalized, and a more grown-up eighteen than most girls her age.

After a final moment of vacillation, she continued forward.

"Which one are you in, dear?" Lisa asked, noting that each room was entirely enclosed, unlike the stalls at the cheaper stores.

"Right here," Sophie answered, waving a hand from a door that was slightly ajar.

Just as Lisa reached the door, it swung inward, and she stepped inside. It closed and suddenly most of her view was filled with tanned skin.

Sophie stood in front of her wearing only a light blue lace bra and panties. With unthinking curiosity, Lisa stared at the girl's sculpted body and blemish-free skin. She noted that her lingerie was nothing out of the ordinary, but the way she filled it was practically scandalous. Her breasts jutted out far from her chest and the tops nearly spilled from the cups. She observed that the bottoms of Sophie's boobs were well above the top of her head. She immediately felt tiny, like a child beside an adult.

With a start, Lisa realized her mouth was open and she quickly covered it with a hand, averting her gaze to the side.

"I'm sorry, dear, I didn't mean to stare," Lisa apologized.

"It's okay Mrs. Douglas. I've had people ogling me my entire life, I'm used to it," Sophie consoled. "And besides, I really don't mind it, especially from a friend. I'm proud of my body. I work hard to look my best and I appreciate the implied acknowledgment."

"Well, you certainly look about as good as a woman possibly can, dear," Lisa responded, immediately feeling silly for saying it.

Yet another part of her took note that Sophie had called her a friend. She beamed inside. The nervousness momentarily subsided, possibly explained: She wanted Sophie to like her and was anxious about impressing her. It seemed unlikely -- she was just a teen, and she barely knew her -- but the girl was so magnetic and self-assured, it was hard not to be drawn to her.

"Why, thank you," Sophie said with a warm smile. "Now, the reason I need your help is this bra clasp is really quite tricky, I've already been fiddling with it for a couple minutes."

"Can't you try on the dress with the bra, dear?" Lisa asked, her nerves returning with the inappropriateness of the ask.

"Maybe you just saw the dress from the side," Sophie remarked. "The front has a long slit of exposed cleavage, and the back is wide open, so I pretty much have to wear it without a bra. And besides, I don't really need the support."

Sophie took a step toward Lisa, then turned and presented her back to the older woman. Lisa was unable to resist glancing at Sophie's rear end, nearly even with her chest. Both of her butt cheeks were fully exposed by her thong panties. She had the roundest and tautest ass Lisa had ever seen. Sophie moved slightly and she could discern her giant glutes showing through. There was no jiggle, just a wall of toned muscle.

Lisa experienced a sudden, shameful awareness of the shortcomings of her own body -- her small sagging breasts, her increasingly shapeless butt, her overall softness and lack of tone. She was so plain compared to Sophie, so little and weak. Her inferiority complex began to surface. Sophie was exactly the kind of person she had once put on a pedestal, who she willingly played second fiddle to. She had to take back control, resume her role as a mother...

"One of the little clasps is stuck in the fabric," Lisa stated, as she reached out her hands to free it. "There we go, all set. I'll wait outside now."

In one motion, Sophie turned back to face Lisa and casually slid the bra down her arms. She stood up straight to grab the dress from a hook and her magnificent breasts were suddenly on full display. Lisa couldn't help but notice how round and voluptuous they were, without a hint of sag. Her nipples were uncommonly large and jutted straight out above Lisa's head. A warm sensation buzzed in the middle-aged woman's abdomen.

"Oh my!" Lisa gasped, then stammered nervously. "I-I'm not sure this is, ah, appropriate, Sophie. Perhaps I..."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Douglas. I guess I'm just too accustomed to women's locker rooms to think anything of it," Sophie said without a hint of embarrassment. Nevertheless, she moved a forearm across her chest, covering her mounds, then added with an apologetic smile, "I'm probably acting too familiar. I just feel like I know you so well from all the wonderful things Lauren has shared."

Relieved to see Sophie's boobs covered, Lisa felt momentarily uplifted to hear that Lauren had talked about her positively to Sophie. She figured her daughter would complain about her, or not bother to mention her at all.

Lisa was also struck by the fact that she had not seen many naked breasts in her life. She wasn't much of an athlete growing up; her time in locker rooms had been limited to gym class, and her schools always had private shower stalls. She had never even seen Lauren's fully developed boobs; her daughter had opted for a code of privacy.

A new wave embarrassment came over Lisa. She was acting foolish. They were both adult women. The situation may have been unfamiliar, but there was no reason to be such a prude.

"It's okay, dear, you just surprised me I guess," Lisa responded, trying to regather herself. Then she thoughtlessly babbled on, immediately regretting it, "And I've never seen any like that before...you've certainly been blessed, er -"

"Ha!" Sophie interrupted, lowering her arm, and again exposing her buxom chest. "They're entirely real in case you were wondering. And trust me, it's more a curse than a blessing. You can't imagine the work I've put in to strengthen my pecs so they don't bounce around like crazy when I'm active. At my size, sports bras really only help so much."

Sophie's hands cupped under her boobs and pressed up, then let go. Her orbs immediately popped back into place with only a hint of vibration. Lisa tried not to react but couldn't suppress a small gasp. To her surprise, she could feel her own breasts contract as her nipples hardened.

"Oh well, only God knows why I got these giant udders," Sophie continued, looking down at her chest. Then she shrugged, "She has a plan for everything I guess."

Sophie promptly lowered the dress to the floor, stepped in and pulled it up her body. She flicked the spaghetti straps over her shoulders and again stepped toward Lisa with her back turned.

"Zip me up?" she prompted with a glance over her shoulder.

Lisa began to raise her hands and hesitated. They were shaking. The whole situation had her flustered -- and excited. She took a deep breath and steadied her hands. The short zipper started in the middle of Sophie's butt. She grabbed hold of the fabric below it, bumping her fingers into one of her large buns. It was like touching a rock, it was so solid. Her nipples got even harder.

Lisa raised the zipper until it ended in Sophie's lower back. She observed with a quiver that her entire torso was bare, save for the edges of the dress at her sides. Tiny straps started a few inches below her armpits and curved up and over her shoulders.

Lisa watched as Sophie looked in the mirror and adjusted the dress over her boobs. The front split into a long V that ended below her breasts, the perky bottoms of which were visible through the slit. The skirt flared playfully above Sophie's hips and the pleats ended a few inches above her knees. She seemed to recall that the waistline had been much lower on the mannequin, with the skirt covering most of its legs.

"What do you think, Mrs. D?" Sophie asked, displaying some uncertainty.

The way Sophie called her Mrs. D was immediately appealing, as if their relationship had taken a new step. It was also the first time Sophie revealed any lapse of confidence, and Lisa was eager for the opportunity to reassure her.

"Why it's lovely, dear. It fits you differently than on the mannequin, but I daresay it's even more flattering on you."

Lisa was immediately rewarded by Sophie's relieved smile, and she should have left it there, but the mother in her couldn't help letting her eyes trail down to the girl's exposed cleavage.

"Although it's, ahem," Lisa cleared her throat, "quite revealing."

Sophie frowned slightly and her eyes shifted to look at Lisa in the mirror with seeming disappointment. Lisa immediately regretted her stuffy-sounding comment and continued speaking.

"Although I guess I can't blame you, dear. God knows if I could fill a dress like that, I would wear it in a heartbeat," she enthused, then her cheeks flushed. Lisa now worried that her comment was too strong, perhaps sounding envious, and she decided to deflect the topic, "And don't you mean He, dear?"

Sophie's face brightened at the initial comment, then her brow furrowed.

"Huh?"

"God," Lisa said. "A moment ago, you referred to God as a She."

Sophie's face brightened again, and she answered with confidence:

"That was perfectly intentional, Mrs. D. God is a woman."

Lisa cocked her head in confusion.

"God is a construct invented by humans to explain things they don't control, or at least don't want to control," Sophie explained. "In a way, people go to church to relinquish that control. If I'm going to give up any power, it won't be to a patriarchy defined and propagated by men. God is only a man because men said so. Thus, in my personal construct, God is a woman."

Sophie paused for a moment to let her point sink in, then she raised her chin proudly and added a final word in a slow, clear voice.

"She."

Lisa was immediately struck by what the girl said. She had never even thought to question the gender used in the liturgy. But Sophie was absolutely right. It wasn't necessary that God be a man. In fact, it would be much easier to relate to a woman God. Lisa looked at the teen with growing respect and admiration.

"My mistake then," Lisa conceded. "You certainly are wise beyond your years. Color me impressed."

Sophie smiled, then she took a half step back and twirled gracefully on one foot. The pleats of the skirt lifted to expose her upper thighs, yet not high enough to show her panties. She looked magnificent.

The spin ended and she gazed in the mirror again. Her lips pursed and her head tilted to the side.

"It is quite flattering, isn't it?" Sophie said in an objective voice, as if rating a performance. "But I feel like it's missing something. I can't quite put my finger on it..."

Lisa scanned Sophie in the mirror, eager at the opportunity to share advice, and perhaps even be helpful. Then an idea hit her and she felt a rise of excitement. She reached her hands behind her neck and took off her string of pearls.

"Bend over toward me, dear," Lisa said coyly.

Sophie turned and bent at the waist until her face was only inches from Lisa's. The scent of jasmine flooded Lisa's nose and her pleasant memories were suddenly restored. She noticed that Sophie's complexion was flawless and that she wore no make-up, yet she was still prettier than any girl she could remember. She had bright green eyes that stared into hers with anticipation. For a moment Lisa froze, lost in the dazzle of her gaze, forgetting why the girl was so close, but thankful she was.

"I was thinking..." Lisa's voice started, then trailed off.

She felt the nervous flutter return, seemingly because she had lost her train of thought. All of a sudden, she felt stupid and incapable.

Sophie's hands touched hers, then with a gentle push prompted them to rise. The pearls, Sophie's neck, that's it, she reminded herself. She felt relieved that her thoughts were finally un-jumbling. And she appreciated Sophie's sympathetic gesture, as if the girl was familiar with the unease she induced in others and was sensitive to defusing it.

Lisa raised both hands, one on each end of the string, then wrapped it around Sophie's neck. It was snug but it fit, just more like a choker than a necklace. On Lisa, the strand hung partly onto her chest.

She tried to attach the clasps, but her fingers felt uncoordinated. Realizing it was her nerves again, she tried to take a deep breath, but her inhale was choppy. Something tingled down below...

"Sorry, this clasp is really quite tricky," Lisa said shakily, hoping to divert attention from her jitters.

"Kind of like my bra," said Sophie with a grin.

Both women burst out laughing. The comment wasn't that funny, but Sophie had managed to break the tension. Lisa attached the ends and Sophie stood back up to look in the mirror.

"My, that looks wonderful," Lisa enthused. "I'd be happy to lend it to you for the dance, dear."

"OMG, it's perfect!" Sophie cried, then turned and swept Lisa into an enthusiastic hug.

Lisa felt a sudden euphoria as Sophie embraced her. The girl's excitement was infectious, and her hug was so tender. Lisa breathed in and enjoyed the fresh scent of her companion. She felt she had made a friend. A sense of joy and relief came over her as she realized she had been wanting for friendship since the family's move to the new town.

This time Lisa remembered to squeeze back, wrapping her arms around the teen's midsection. To her surprise she pulled her face forward into the girl's cleavage. Her skin was surprisingly soft and was permeated by her alluring feminine odor. The sides of her breasts felt so firm on her cheeks, so young and alive.

"I can't thank you enough, Mrs. D," Sophie said, strengthening her grip.

As the hug tightened, Lisa felt her crotch touch Sophie's knee. A jolt of electricity shot through her. Warmth emanated from her clitoris and flowed to her extremities. She inhaled a sharp breath and twitched once. Light perspiration suddenly covered her brow, causing the skin of her forehead to stick to Sophie's breasts.

It can't be, she thought, attempting to disavow the sordid act.

But it was.

It was small and brief. But there was no question. Lisa had an orgasm.

The sensation was almost unfamiliar, it had been so long. A sadness struck her as she was reminded how lonely she felt, how neglected. Tom had stopped paying attention to her, much as Lauren had. Except she had different unfulfilled expectations of her husband.