Trainwrecked Ch. 04

Story Info
Kellen makes a mistake. Shay gets a date.
3.8k words
4.5
1.3k
2
0

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 04/16/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AndieShay
AndieShay
11 Followers

Shay woke up the sound of Chance whining for her attention. "What do you want, baby boy?" She asked, still half asleep. That's when she heard the knock at her door. "Aahh. that's what." She crawled out of bed and threw on a pair of shorts and walked out of her bedroom, to the front door. She opened it to find a sweat drenched and panicky Kellen standing on the porch.

"Took you long enough!" He said as he walked into the house.

"Dude, you have a key. Use it." Shay rubbed her eyes against the glare of the morning sun. "What time is it?"

"Almost eight. You slept in later than usual." Kellen said as he headed for the kitchen. "Can I make breakfast?"

"Mm, coffee first, then food." Shay said with a yawn. "Why are you wet?" she asked

"It's sweat, I jogged here." Kellen said, pulling the coffee and starting a pot.

"Dude, you live across town!"

"Yeah but Henry lives like a mile from here."

"Oh. Well where is he this morning?"

"Umm." Kellen looked down at the coffee pitcher in his hands. "Probably just now realizing that I left while he was in the shower."

Shay gasped. "Honey no. You didn't. What happened?"

"I told Henry I loved him this morning, I-I-It just slipped."

Shays eyes widened. "Oh, Oh damn."

Kellen put a pan on the stove and let it warm up and put bacon on to cook. "We were laying in bed watching T.V. and he was reciting lines from the show. I was laughing at him and then it just came out. We both went wide eyed and then he kissed me and said he was going to go take a shower."

Shay waited a few seconds for him to continue, and when he didn't she ask "and then what?"

"And then I left. I ran here. And you took a long ass time answering the door." he said as he flipped the bacon.

"Okay pause, is your car still at Henry's?"

"No, we drove together last night because we were staying at his place. So I left my car at home."

"So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know Shay."

Shay got up and grabbed a carton of eggs and another pan. As she started the eggs she looked over at Kellen. The pain and confusion on Kellen's face tugged at Shay. "Honey, listen to me. You gotta make a decision. You need to think about what you want from Henry. If you can't do a relationship, that is okay, but you gotta tell him. But if you want this boy, you're gonna have to take a leap of faith. You're gonna have to risk your heart before you can have his. I know it's scary, but you gotta figure out what it is that you want and go from there."

"I want him. I do. But what if it turns out like the last time?"

"Then we do what we did last time. Honey, you're not alone. But if you don't take that chance you're gonna wonder about it. If you let him go without trying, you're gonna regret it."

"How do I fix this? He probably hates me now since I dipped out."

"No. I imagine he's just confused and scared like you. Give him a call after breakfast, just take a breath and eat, then handle that. One thing at a time."

Kellen nodded his head as he took the bacon off the pan and put it on a plate. He turned towards the counter and grabbed the bread. "Want toast?" he asked as he grabbed himself two slices.

"Yeah two please." Shay answered as she took the eggs off the stove. They sat and ate as they talked about the bachelorette party the night before. Once breakfast was done, Shay grabbed the plates and put them in the sink. "Do you want a ride over there?" Shay asked

"Yes please. I'd appreciate it. I'm gonna call him real quick and let him know I'm on my way over to talk to him about my disappearing act." Kellen said as he got up from the table.

"Sounds good. Just let me know when you're ready."

As Shay started the dishes, Kellen came running back into the kitchen. "He just pulled into the driveway!"

"Are you gonna answer the door?"

"Are you crazy? What if he's mad?"

"Kellen James. Would you be happy if someone told you they loved you and then dipped out as soon as you left the room? Of course he's not fucking happy! Grow a pair and answer the door. And if he smacks you, just know I support it."

Kellen gave her a pouting glare and walked to the door. He opened it and Shay peaked around the corner. Henry's eyes were wide as he saw Kellen was who opened the door.

"'Y-you forgot your keys at my house, I was just gonna drop them off with Shay. I didn't know that you'd be here."

"Thank you, I was going to come back after I left here. Can we step out and talk?"

"Sure."

Shay went back to the dishes and finished them up before going to hop in the shower. As she turned on the water and got undressed her phone beeped as a text came through. She opened it to see a message from Lilly.

Lilly: Good morning sunshine!

Shay smiled as she read the text and responded: Hey you. How'd you sleep?

Lilly: Just having some morning coffee before I get ready. Definitely needing some go-go juice this morning. Lol.

Shay sent a laughing emoji before hopping in the shower. When she got out she got dressed and went to the living to check on Kellen and Henry. They were still outside talking. She watched them for a few seconds and smiled as they hugged. Kellen kissed Henry on the forehead and Henry walked back to his car. Kellen opened the front door and Shay gave him a smile. "How did it go?" She asked.

"He understood why I freaked out. I explained everything and told him I wanted to give him and I a chance."

"What did he say?"

"He said he would like that and we can talk more about it over lunch."

"Well good. You better be buying."

"Whose side are you on woman?"

"Believe it or not, I'm your side babes. I just don't want you doing something you'll regret later. I can see you like him, otherwise you wouldn't have been spending almost every day around him. And running off like that is a sure way to make him not be around."

"I know, I just panicked and I told him that I panicked and he understood. I just wanted to come in and tell you I'm heading back to his house so he can get dressed and then we are going to lunch."

"Okay honey, go have your fairytale ending for the both of us. I have errands to run before work before I meet Lilly for dinner anyways."

Kellen stopped in his tracks. "Lilly? As in Henry's sister's best friend Lilly?"

"Yep. She wants to have dinner today."

Kellen bounced up and down like a little kid. "I WAS RIGHT!" He yelled in excitement.

"Dude it's just dinner, chill out."

"Natalie saw Lilly put her number in your phone last night. And we had a bet as to how long it would be for you two to go out on a date. I bet today for lunch or dinner, Henry said tomorrow and Natalie said she would be surprised if yall didnt go home together last night."

"Man y'all are something else. Yes we are having dinner." Shay said as she pulled out her phone.

Lilly: Still on for seven?

Shay: Perfect. See you then.

L: What should I wear?

S: Something casual will be perfect.

Kellen laughed. "You have fun. Let me know how it goes."

"Again, it's just dinner."

"Again, let me know how it goes." Kellen said as he walked out the door.

Shay went to her room and put her makeup on and fixed her hair for work. She decided on a black ruffle short sleeve crew neck, a pair of dark blue jeans and black sneakers.

Shay drove around town for a few hours picking up some new icing tips she needed for the store and picked up the ingredients for tonight's dinner and then headed to work. She spent the day focusing on orders and researching cake ideas for a wedding request. She did her best to not focus on the upcoming events for tonight. But occasionally she let her mind wander to what Lily may wear for tonight. She could hardly believe Lilly would look any less beautiful in a pair of jeans than she did in the dress she wore last night. Shay developed an aching feeling between her legs. God, that dress. She thought. Shay closed her eyes and let herself get lost in the memory for a moment before looking up and seeing it was 5:15. She saved her research and got up and cleared her prep station and closed the store. She grabbed her dinner ingredients out of her office fridge and headed home.

She texted Lily and asked if she liked wine.

Lilly: I'm a sucker for pink moscato.

Mmmm. Noted. She thought. On her way home she stopped at Abby's bottles and brews to pick up a bottle. As she got home she let the boys outside and set her kitchen up to cook. She set the oven to 425 degrees and got to work preparing the salmon. She laid it on the baking sheet and lightly coated the fish with olive oil. She sprinkled a little bit of pepper and a generous amount of everything bagel seasoning. She sliced a lemon into thin slices and arranged them around the salmon. She popped in the oven and turn to wash her hands before starting on the broccoli. She looked at the clock and it was a little after 6. She put a skillet on the stove and let it warm up. dropped her fresh green beans, butter and minced garlic into the pan and cooked on a low heat, turning the beans every few minutes. Once the beans were done she opened the oven and checked on the salmon. It was cooking nicely, but still needed a few more minutes. The aroma of the everything seasoning and lemon filled the kitchen and made her mouth water. She flipped the beans one more time before adding shredded parmesan and a little bit of salt and pepper. She covered the pan to keep them warm while waiting on the salmon to finish up. There was a knock at the door. Shay opened the door to find Lily. She wore a simple cream colored shirt with a pair of faded ripped jeans white tennis shoes. Her wavy hair fell around her shoulders. Did she get highlights? Shay wondered. As Shay stood there staring she heard Lily laugh.

"You don't look so bad yourself, stranger."

"Uh hum, sorry. Please come in. You look fantastic." Shay responded

Lilly followed Shay to the kitchen. "Mmmm. That smells amazing. What's for dinner?" Lilly asked.

Shay smiled. "Everything bagel salmon and garlic parmesan green beans. And also..." Shay reached into the fridge and pulled out a bottle from the bag she got from Abby's. "Pink moscato"

Lily's eyes widened. "You really outdid yourself Shay."

Shay grabbed two glasses from the cabinet and set them on the table and poured them both a glass of wine. "I'm glad you like it. Salmon should be done about now." She pulled the salmon out of the oven and checked it. Perfect. She thought. She put one filet on each plate and added the green beans. She sat one plate in front of Lily and sat down across from her with her own plate.

Lily immediately tried the salmon. "Oh my god, this is fantastic! When they say everything seasoning goes on everything, they mean everything!"

Shay laughed out loud and took a bite of her own. It really was delicious. She waited for Lily to finish her bite and take a drink. "So what did you want to pick my brain about?" Shay asked.

"Honestly I just wanted a reason to see you again."

"Oh yeah?" Shay raised an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah. You're cute when you're nervous."

Shay rolled her eyes but Lily winked when she saw her smile.

"And what makes you think I'm nervous?" Shay asked.

"Well if i did notice how you forgot what you were doing when you opened the door a minute ago."

"Can I not simply admire a beautiful woman on my doorstep?"

"Hmm. I suppose there's no harm in that."

Shay smiled and took another bite. "How was your day today?" She asked.

"It was oddly uneventful. I went to the set and worked on a few pieces and went through some blueprints for a show we are doing in december."

"How far in advance do you plan shows?"

"Well it depends. If its a major production we plan those several months in advance. But if it's a minor play, depending on the scene changes, we can plan it anywhere from a few weeks to a month in advance."

"I take it you don't get a lot of free time. "

"Oh I do. It's not horrible. I usually take a break after a few productions and let Henry take over for a month or two. We work really well together but we do great by ourselves too. So when one needs some time off it's very doable."

"I didn't know Henry was a set designer as well.

"Oh yes he is brilliant. I do most of the building and sculpting of the pieces but Henry does most of the color coordinating that makes the colors show up right against the light."

"That is amazing. I love it." Shay finished up the last few bites of her meal and noticed Lily was almost finished as well. "When you're finished, would you like to sit in the living room and continue our conversation?"

"Absolutely." Say waited for Lily to finish her meal and took the dishes to the sink. She grabbed the bottle of moscato and the two glasses and headed to the living room. As they sat on the couch, Shay poured them both another glass. "So what do you do on your time off?"

"Well I took two weeks off a month ago and me and Natalie went sky diving in florida. That was a total blast."

Shays eyes widened. "That sounds like so much fun." She sipped her wine as she listened to lily tell her about her trip

"Oh it was. I can't imagine a more freeing feeling than doing that. It's scary at first but after the first couple of seconds, you feel like you're flying and that you never wanted to come down. After that we went bar hopping down Pompano Beach. It's very beautiful at night. It was a pretty crazy trip because we managed to get into a fight with a bouncer. But overall no regrets. Never hurts to be a little bit of a wild child every once in a while." She said as she took a sip of her glass.

"Hmmm. Given your name. I'd say Wildflower fits better."

"Oddly enough. No one has ever come up with that one before. I like it.

Shay smiled. "Good. That means no one else will call you that."

Lily's eyes softened as she stared at Shay. Shay became very aware that the distance between them was no longer as much as it was before. Shay was conflicted. Did Lily want to kiss her? Or was she imagining the distance? As if Lily could hear the inner fight in Shay's mind, she smiled and slightly tilted her head. Shay focuses on Lily's lips. She's definitely leaning closer. Lily reached over and grabbed the glass out of Shay's hand. "Want a refill?"

Shays cheeks flushed. "Sure. Thank you."

Lily topped off both of their glasses and handed Shay's back to her. She sat back on the couch and took a sip from her glass. "So I told you about my wild side. Tell me about yours."

"Well I think the wildest thing Kellen and I have done is sneak into an aquarium after hours and swim with the sharks when we lived in Galveston for a summer."

"You're joking."

"Nope. His dad owns three and we spent the summer working there and so we had keys. Probably wasn't a smart idea and if his dad had found out, the sharks would have been the least dangerous thing to worry about."

Lily laughed. "I'll say! That's insane! What made you think that as a good idea?"

"Oh it definitely was not a good idea. But we have no regrets."

"Thats because youre alive. I hardly think you'd feel that way if you were dead."

"Fair, but we did not die."

Lile cocked her eyebrow and took a sip. "No. I suppose you didn't."

"Besides, if i'm not here. Who's going to cook you dinner?"

Lily gave Shay a devilish smile. "I suppose I should bring you dessert next time."

Shay shifted as she felt herself become wet. The desire in Lily's eyes was unmistakable. She knew what she was doing. And something said she was nowhere near finished. Shay took a sip of her drink and tried to act nonchalant.

Lilly placed her hand on Shay's knee. "What would you say is your favorite dessert?" She asked.

Uh. Are you an option? Shay thought. She cleared her throat before speaking. "Probably would be coconut cream cake."

"Hmm, I'll keep that in mind."

Lily laid the side of her head against the couch and stared at Shay.

Shay's focus was solely on the fact that Lily's hand had not left her leg. She wanted more. She wanted to kiss her. To feel the warmth of more than just her hand. She wanted to trace every inch of this woman. She could feel her heartbeat start to race. Her mouth watered.

Lily smiled like she knew what Shay was thinking. "I think it might be time to call it a night. Can't have a second date until the first one ends can we."

"No, we sure can't." Shays voice sounded raspier than she intended. "I'll walk you out"

"And they say chivalry is dead."

She took the glass out of Lily's hand and sat it on the table and stood up. She reached for Lily's hand to help her up, ignoring the ache that had returned between her legs. By this point she was throbbing. She didn't want Lily to leave. They walked to the driveway and to Lily's car. She opened up the car door and Lily climbed inside.

"When can I see you again?" Lily asked.

"Whenever you'd like. You know where to find me."

"That I do."

Shay watched Lily back out of the driveway. She walked back inside and sat on the couch. She threw her head back in frustration. Why didn't i just kiss her? She thought. She took out her phone and messaged Kellen.

Shay: How did lunch go?

Kellen: It went really good. How did dinner go?????????????

Shay rolled her eyes. It went well. She just left

K: Did you kiss her?

S: Unfortunately. No.

K: Coward

S: Shut up.

Kellen sent a laughing emoji and a heart symbol.

S: She did ask when she could see me again. So not all hope is gone.

K: Hell yeah!!!!!

S: Gym tomorrow?

K: Yes please. I just ate enough to feed a village. I need to stay fabulous.

S: LOL. I'll see you tomorrow.

Shay's phone went off but it wasn't Kellen.

Lily: Thank you for dinner. Looking forward to a second date.

Shay: Me too.

Lily: Hopefully there isn't too much of a mess to clean up.

Not from dinner anyways. Shay thought. Nah. Just a few plates. I clean as I cook.

L: Good to know. But I wasn't talking about dinner.

Shay's mouth fell open at the last text. Did Lily want more to happen as well?

S: I'm afraid I don't know what you mean ma'am.

L: I can come back and show you if you'd like

S: You play a dangerous game, Wildflower.

L: Is that a no?

S: I didn't say that.

L: I'm just down the street. I can turn around.

S: Are you threatening me? Or is that a promise?

L: Want to find out?

S: Surprise me.

Shay was washing the remainder of the dishes when there was a knock at her door. She paused. Did she actually turn around? She thought. She walked to the door and opened it. Lily walked right in and put a hand on either side of Shay's face.

"I forgot something." Lily said as she pressed her lips to Shays.

Shay slid her hands up Lily's back and pulled her closer. Their tongues danced together as Shay turned and kicked the door shut and pushed Lily against the wall. Lily moaned against Shay as her hand slid down Shay's waist. Shay's mouth moved to Lily's neck as she traced her tongue along her skin.They both groaned as Lily's phone went off and Lily answered it, trying to keep her voice normal.

"Yes?" She answered.

Her professional tone made Shay smirk. And she thought about teasing her.

Lily must have read her mind because she grabbed her hand and guided it back to her waist. Shay leaned back in and kissed her neck as Lily continued her call.

Both women were equally disappointed when Lily said the words "I'll be right there."

Shay lifted her lips from Lily's neck. "Is everything okay?"

"One of the crew members said Natalie is at the theater, hysterical and they can't understand what she's saying. I have to go."

"No worries. Keep me updated?"

"Absolutely." Lily gave shay one more long hard kiss before opening the door. "We will finish this."

Shay winked. "Yes ma'am."

Shay watched Lily run to the car and hop in and drive away. She closed the door and sat on her couch. She pulled out her phone and texted Kellen.

AndieShay
AndieShay
11 Followers
12