Transport Ship Arrowhead Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's what I'm afraid of, Larik'Ni. I don't want anyone getting hurt or killed because of this."

Larik'Ni nodded. "We may have to employ our planetary defenses."

Lant's eyes went wide. "Those point defense cannons haven't been used in a long time, if ever!"

"I will speak to security, and have all weapons placed at the ready. If the Uditch takes aim at any more of our people, we will blast it out of the sky. Now, you must excuse me. I am going to the docking area to check on the Arrowhead's crew. Then, I think it is time to speak to So'Rit and see what exactly he knows about all of this."

----

Barret and Vas were in the dock master's office, going over what happened with the Uditch. Loriv was scowling. "This is a fucking mess," she grumbled.

"Tell me about it," was Barret's response. "We've now been attacked in two different home systems. At least our ship wasn't destroyed this time like when the Verokk attacked us in the Sol System."

"I really hope they don't let that ship dock," Loriv said. "But at the same time, I do. I had my people prep the overflow berth. It's at the farthest part of the commercial dock. You need a motorized cart to get from there to the dock exit in less than an hour."

That gave Vas and Barret a much needed laugh. "By the way," Vas said, "thanks for getting a berth ready for us."

"That was my pleasure," Loriv said. "Number seventy-six is the Arrowhead's permanent home. I would have set you up in the residential dock, but you'll be dealing with cargo, so..."

"The commercial dock is perfect," Barret said.

Loriv could see that both of them were tense, which was understandable under the circumstances. "Are you two going to be okay?"

"After a nice hot bath, maybe," Vas said. "And a drink. I definitely need a drink."

"Just keep me away from any walls until I calm down," Barret said. "I don't want to break my hands by punching anything."

"I have a guest pass at my gym," Loriv told him. "There are punching bags there that could stand a good beat down."

Barret thought about that for a moment. He wasn't a gym rat by any stretch of the imagination; he got his exercise from handling cargo. However, beating the shit out of something and not getting prosecuted for it sounded good. "I think I'm going to take you up on that," he said.

"Great!" Loriv said with a smile. "The gym's called Bravak's. It's in this district. I'm off in about an hour, so meet me there in, say, ninety minutes, and I'll get you set up. And don't worry about being pressured into joining. The owner doesn't put up with that shit. She'll leave that up to you."

Larik'Ni stepped through the office door. "You are both all right." She embraced Vas and Barret.

"We're fine," Vas told her. "Pissed off, but fine."

"Are they going to land?" Loriv asked.

"Not at this time. Both I and the flight controller have denied them permission."

Loriv nodded. "I assume that can change."

"It will require more negotiating than I am able to engage in right now. Calling me a savage, a clan-less whore, and a bitch did not endear the grand procurator to me."

Larik'Ni proceeded to tell them what happened in space traffic control. When she was finished, Vas and Barret told their story. Loriv let out a long, weary sigh when they were done.

"This is a clusterfuck," she said.

"That is an understatement, I am afraid," Larik'Ni said.

"Now what?" Barret asked.

"Now I pay a visit to So'Rit and hope he tells me what I need to know. Hopefully he will be in the mood to gloat."

----

Dealing with So'Rit was the last thing Larik'Ni wanted to do. It was about as appealing to her as going out on the planet's surface. Actually, being cooked by the Tref pulsar's radiation was more appealing than talking to the former councilor.

When Larik'Ni arrived in the meeting room, So'Rit was already there. His hair and beard were unkempt, and he was dressed in the drab uniform of a prisoner. He scowled when he saw her.

So'Rit's once almost dizzyingly handsome face seemed drawn and haggard. The weeks of incarceration hadn't done him any favors.

"What do you want?" he demanded.

"The Uditch has arrived," Larik'Ni said.

So'Rit's lips twisted into a sneer. "Well, then, that is good news. That means my release is at hand! You will escort me to my home so that I can make myself more presentable. Tell me, when did they dock?"

"The Uditch is still holding position. It has not been granted permission to land, nor will it."

So'Rit growled at her. "Then go back to control and have that Delor bitch grant the Uditch landing clearance!"

"Neither you nor the grand procurator are in charge here, So'Rit, I am. I will tell you what I think is going on, and you will either confirm or deny. You told either your brother back on Thelst, or someone else in a position of authority, that you had been elected governor following Jolek's ouster, or that you were going to stage a coup and have me removed and were planning on replacing me."

So'Rit's smirk told Larik'Ni she was correct.

"Whichever scenario it was does not matter. You told them Haven was yours, and thus, a territory of Thelst's."

So'Rit laughed. "Do you wish me to congratulate you? Really, any child could have deduced all of that."

"Tell me this then, when did Grand Regent Chegg die and get replaced by his son?"

He huffed. "You are lying."

"I am not. The grand procurator himself told me that he was proxy for Grand Emperor Nollaz. He also said that you were the prefect of this planet, and that your leadership was provisional."

So'Rit's eyes grew wide. "Provisional? No! No! I am the prefect here! My rule is not provisional!"

"When, So'Rit? When did our planet become a full-blown dictatorship?"

So'Rit launched himself to his feet. He would have lunged at the governor had it not been for the stun cuffs on his wrists and ankles. He stiffened as the electricity shot through him. His legs came out from under him, and he collapsed on the floor.

Larik'Ni stood over him. She couldn't help but gloat. "And now here you are, the mighty So'Rit, looking up at a poor clan-less." Her face took on a serious expression. "When, So'Rit? When did Thelst become a dictatorship?"

"I do not know," he panted. "I did not know that had happened. I am not sure I believe what you are telling me. The last communication I had with my brother, he said the grand regent was ill. We have an entanglement device. We would speak monthly. I told him when Jolek was removed from power."

"And you told him that you were the new governor." His silence was his answer. "It is a four-month journey from Thelst to here on our swiftest vessels. He informed you he was on his way, and you had to remove me from power. When I was invited to the summit at Nova City, you decided to use that as a means of eliminating me. Otherwise, your brother would have known you lied."

"He said nothing about the grand regent's death," he said again. "All he said was we could make Haven a prefecture world with me in power."

"When did you last speak to your brother?"

"It was months ago, before the Uditch left home. I have heard nothing since, despite the numerous communiqués I have sent."

Larik'Ni stepped away from her nemesis. "And now, your deception is known to those whose boots you lick. You may have nothing left when this is all over." She walked to the door, leaving So'Rit to his misery.

----

When Larik'Ni got back to her office, she sent for Lant, and a Maylogi named Gorel, who was overall head of planetary security. Gorel was a younger Maylogi, only fifty years old, and he towered over the two women.

Like all Maylogi, Gorel was armored, like one of Earth's armadillos. The only part of his body not covered by leathery plating was his face; his four eyes, twin nasal slits, and thin mouth were visible.

"You know that those cannons haven't been used in a long time, if ever," Gorel said. "We've had no reason to deploy them."

"I guess orbiting a pulsar is enough of a deterrent to anyone trying to attack us," Lant said.

"True," Gorel conceded. "We also need to keep in mind that they're over sixty years old."

"The defense cannons are maintained," Larik'Ni said. "They are kept operational and at the ready just in case. This could be that just in case scenario."

Gorel had only recently risen to head of security, replacing a man who had been loyal to So'Rit and had left the planet when his meal ticket was gone. Gorel had lived on Haven his entire life. He'd seen what others had done through blind allegiance, and for love of power. He didn't want to go down that same path.

"I don't like the idea of firing at a ship, Governor. I don't want to kill anyone."

Larik'Ni gave the man a warm smile. "Nor do I. The use of these weapons would be an absolute last resort if all other options had failed."

"We have a dozen ships that are scheduled to launch in the next three days, Gorel, and I will have to ground all of them if the Uditch is still lurking. People have livelihoods that sometimes require off-world travel. If we can send that ship packing so we're not afraid of them shooting at every vessel that crosses their path, then I'm ready to do what I have to."

"I understand," Gorel said. "I just don't like it."

"None of us do," Larik'Ni said. "I would like to end this diplomatically, but I have my doubts. The Nitzhal in command of that ship already hates me, for no other reason than my family are dead."

"And you hate him for what others of his species did to you," Gorel pointed out.

Larik'Ni sighed and closed her eyes. "I am ashamed to admit that you are correct. I am doing my best to let that go."

----

Barret had to admit that beating the ever loving shit out of a punching bag was just what he needed. He'd done some boxing while serving on the Endeavor, and he still remembered his moves. Zonn T'thell, one of the trainers, had given Barret some pointers, and he had spent the last couple of hours learning some new punch combos from the Delor.

Some would have had their eyes glued to the people in their form fitting and/or revealing workout clothes, but not Barret. He was there to get his aggressions out, and for the most part he succeeded. He did, however, give Loriv a closer look when he saw her in the skintight workout shorts and sports bra she wore. He had to admit that she was damn sexy. It was too bad the nature of their working relationship meant a sexual one was a bad idea.

Barret finished his session, showered, changed, and grabbed membership information. He would see where he could fit it in the budget. He liked the idea of getting back into boxing.

He and Loriv walked together to the tram, their gym bags slung over their shoulders. "Thanks for letting me tag along," Barret told her.

"Sure! It was fun watching you and Zonn work."

"I used to box years ago. Delor techniques are a lot different than what I learned."

"Delor are also bigger and have more muscle mass than you do," Loriv said. "You would run circles around him in the ring, though. Delor are big, but humans are fast. Generally speaking."

"Well, this human is grateful, Loriv," Barret said. "Thank you."

"Anytime, Captain."

"You know, I'd like to think we're becoming friends. You can call me James."

Loriv smiled. "James it is."

----

Barret had only spent about ten minutes in his new home after he and Vas left the docking area, just long enough to grab shorts and a t-shirt that he could workout in, and a gym bag to carry those and some toiletries. Vas had gone straight to the bathroom, stripped down, and got in the tub.

Vas had wanted a bathroom attached to the bedroom she shared with Barret, but that wasn't to be. As it was, the apartment's lone bathroom was spacious. The shower stall was separate from the bathtub, and that bathtub was huge.

It was patterned after the old claw foot tubs used on Earth, but with some modern touches, like the ability to keep the water in the basin heated. Vas could have spent hours luxuriating in the warm water, and she would have, had her fingers not started to wrinkle.

Reluctantly, she got out of the tub, drained it, and dried off. Then she went to the closet in her bedroom. When she and Barret had started moving in, they had moved some of their clothes from their quarters aboard the Arrowhead to this closet. That included the robe Vas's sister had given her. She needed to get a new one to keep on the ship. The only other robe she had was the old, nearly threadbare one she'd worn the night she seduced Barret and began their romance.

Vas grabbed the robe, slipped it on without tying it closed, and went out into the living room. It was the largest room in the apartment, with a nearly wall size picture window looking out over the city. There was a holo-vision projector in the middle of the room, a couch big enough for three people, and two chairs. There was also a small coffee table in front of the couch.

There was a cooking and dining area right off from the front door. All three bedrooms were down the hall; the one she shared with Barret, one for guests, and one Barret had converted into an office. They had gotten all of the furniture bought, delivered, and situated before they left for Nova City, but had yet to spend the night in their new home.

Vas went to the kitchen, got a glass of water, and sat down on the couch with her feet up on the coffee table. "Home," she said aloud. "Welcome home, Endira Vas."

At that moment, Barret came through the front door. "I half expected you to still be in the tub," he said when he saw her on the couch.

"I was starting to, what's the word you humans use? Prune? I was starting to prune. What is a prune, anyway?"

"There's a fruit called a plum," he said. "Prunes are dried plums, and they're covered in wrinkles."

"Ah," she said. "Why not call them dried plums?"

"No clue." Barret went into the bedroom and took his sweaty clothes out of his gym bag. Inside the walk-in closet was a laundry processor, which washed and dried clothes. The Arrowhead, which was designed for a maximum total compliment of eight, had multiple units to accommodate all those aboard. Barret put his shirt and shorts in and started the cleaning cycle.

Vas followed him into the bedroom. "How was the gym?"

"Good!" he replied. "I got in a good workout. I learned a little Delor boxing while I was there. I'm debating a membership."

"Not until we get a few delivery runs in," she said. "The gym, like the comfort house, is not a necessity."

"Agreed," he said. He stepped out of the closet and saw her standing with an open robe. He saw the valley between her breasts, her flat stomach, and her bare mound. "Although, I think you want to go back there to fuck Crathis'Pol more than I want to practice my boxing."

"I want to get used to that thick cock of his," Vas said matter of factly. "And I know Azdiltra wants another go at you."

Barret chuckled, then went over to the bed and sat down. He started taking off his shoes. "I put out some feelers before we left for Nova City. I'll check the office terminal in a minute. Besides, I need to make copies of the footage from our encounter with the Uditch."

Vas gave Barret a playful grin. "So, how did the dock master look in her gym clothes?"

"Damn good," he said with admiration in his voice. "Loriv's got some serious abs."

"And an ass that won't quit," Vas added.

"She's not into girls, babe," Barret told her.

Vas pouted. "Dammit. Well, were there all gender showers? What does Loriv look like naked?"

"No all gender showers, so I didn't see her naked." Barret pulled off his socks, his shirt, then stood up to get his pants off.

Vas licked her lips and let her robe slide off her shoulders. "I love watching you strip."

Barret, now in only his underwear, shook his head. "Are we feeling frisky?"

"Well," she said playfully as she sauntered over to her mate, "the bath didn't completely take care of my stress. Besides," she placed her hands on Barret's chest and ran her fingers through the brown hair on his pecs, "we haven't broken in our new bed, and I want you to fuck me into the mattress."

She sank to her knees, grabbed the waistband of his underwear and pulled them to the floor, freeing his hardening cock. She took his warm member in her hand and marveled at the feeling of it growing longer and stiffer in her grasp.

Vas licked the underside of the shaft and fondled his balls. When she came to the head, she kissed it, then opened her mouth and took as much of Barret's cock as she could without gagging.

Barret let out a low groan. He looked down and saw that Vas's eyes were closed. "Look at me," he said. "Let me see those gorgeous silver eyes of yours."

She did as asked and gazed into Barret's eyes. She saw the unbridled desire written all over his face, his need for her. Vas was wet the moment she saw Barret getting undressed, and now she was positively soaked. She was torn between sucking him to completion and pushing him onto the mattress and mounting him.

She released him and stood up. She was about to walk by him to get on the bed, but he grabbed her and threw her down on the mattress. Barret climbed on top of her.

"And here I thought you'd be too tired after the punching bag," she said playfully. "I thought I'd have to climb aboard and ride you."

"I guess you're not the only one with some leftover frustration." He was about to slide down her body so he could bury his face between her legs, but she stopped him.

"I'm already drenched down there," Vas said. "Just put it in me and fuck me."

"Impatient," Barret said.

"Horny. Very horny." She reached for Barret's cock and eased him into her tunnel. She let out a long sigh as she felt his girth stretching her out. "You feel so good," she groaned.

Barret eased himself down on her and captured her lips with his own. She snaked her tongue into his mouth. Barret began to slowly pump his hips, withdrawing his length until just the head was still within her, then sheathing himself again.

His speed increased with each thrust until he had found the pace they both wanted. Vas broke their kiss so she could let out a loud moan. Barret propped himself on his hands and started slamming himself into her harder.

"Fuck!" she shouted. She was already starting to feel that delicious tension building up. "Already about to cum," she moaned.

"That was fast," Barret grunted.

"You're just that good." With that, her skin changed color and she began to shudder and tremble as her climax overtook her. Her eyes closed, and a long, drawn-out yowl escaped her throat.

Barret continued thrusting into Vas's hungry pussy. He worked to keep her climax going for as long as he could. He wasn't close to his own breaking point yet, but he knew it was just a matter of time before he got there.

"Fuck!" Vas cried out one last time, and then she was still. She was panting heavily. Barret ceased his thrusting so she could catch her breath. "You're... that good..." she said again.

Barret lowered himself onto her again and kissed her. What started as a gentle pressing of the lips quickly escalated. Their mouths opened and their tongues quickly began to dance.

Barret broke the kiss abruptly and withdrew from her. "Get on your hands and knees," he told her. "I want to fuck you from behind."

Vas rolled over and got into position. Barret knelt behind her and ran the head of his cock along her slick vulva. When he came to her entrance, he slid in easily. He grabbed her hips and began thrusting into her.

Vas lowered her top half so her chest was resting on the mattress and her ass was in the air. Barret leaned forward, his outstretched arms holding him up. He continued slamming into his mate, the sounds of their skin clapping together joining Vas's loud moans.

123456...8