Travis and Bess

Story Info
Bess falls in love.
5.3k words
4.39
3.6k
4

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 03/01/2024
Created 03/03/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part Four of Thorne and Bridges. Thanks to DingDong33 for beta reading.

Synopsis: Terri Thorne, widowed, and Will Bridges, divorced, came together with help from Terri's daughter Bess. Bess is now nineteen with a successful web site. She does most of the cooking for their family of five.

Designing Woman

The first time Bess Thorne saw the man she was intrigued. She was sitting at a table for two in the Web Designer's Coffee Studio when he walked in. She stopped what she was working on, her eyes glued to him. He got his latte and began looking for a seat; she called out "Hi there!" and gestured to the empty spot at her table. "I'm Bess."

Travis George was surprised, but a quick glance in her direction brought a smile to his face. Impish grin, dark ponytail down her back, large blue eyes behind large glasses, attractive face with little if any makeup, Cat Woman T-shirt, faded jeans, college-aged, perhaps. He was too old for her but the place was crowded and it wouldn't hurt his ego to share a table with a pretty young lady.

"Hi Bess, I'm Travis. Thanks for the seat!"

"So what's your angle? I've got a site that matches unknown artists to buyers and collectors."

"Neat! I have to admit I'm not a designer, I just stopped in out of curiosity."

"Oh, a wolf in sheep's clothing? Prowling around under false pretenses?" she teased, smiling as she spoke.

"Well, I have to admit, it seems to be paying off..."

Bess laughed and they each took a sip from their cups. "So do you do anything honest for a living?"

"Well, let's see what can I admit to..." Bess laughed again. "I'm an actuary."

"As if! The odds of that being true..." They both cracked up. Several people cried "Hush!"

Travis spoke softly: "I'd better get to whatever it is I do..." Bess giggled. He asked, "Can I treat you to lunch later? 12:30?"

"I'd like that."

"The weather's nice, there's an outdoor cafe just down the street."

"Perfect!"

Lunch was wonderful. Bess barely noticed what she ate, but they talked and laughed and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. She glanced at an outdoor clock on a nearby wall; it was nearly two! "Shouldn't you be pretending to get back to work?" she asked in mock seriousness. "Won't you get in trouble for being late?"

"Probably" he said and they cracked up again. He got up and started to say something but Bess popped up and kissed him. He looked startled.

"See you tomorrow morning at the coffee shop? 7:30?" She held her breath.

He broke into a wide grin and answered with a longer kiss. When they unlocked lips he said "Until then" and strolled off whistling. Bess exhaled. Her heart was pounding. When she got up her feet were floating on air.

First Date Ever

She hardly slept a wink. In the morning she hurried to the coffee shop, arriving just after seven. Travis was already there. They ordered lattes. They tried to keep their voices down but after several Hush! attacks decided to take a walk. It was a lovely day. Travis took her hand in his. The day got even lovelier!

At 8:20 Travis said, "I suppose I'd better pretend to go to work. Can we meet for lunch?"

She kissed him, hard, then broke off. "Don't I rate dinner?"

"Well, after careful consideration of all the relevant data..." She kissed him again. "I'd say dinner's a sure bet! Where shall I pick you up?"

"Meet here? 7:00?"

"Your wish is my command!"

She managed to take care of some urgent tasks on her website but otherwise couldn't concentrate and so packed it in around 11:30. She went for a long bike ride, took a shower, then looked in her closet. There wasn't a single thing she wanted to wear!

She threw on her usual (T-shirt and jeans), stepped out in the hall and called "Mom!" No answer. She went outside and found Terri digging in the garden. "Mom! I need some clothes. I need to go shopping, now!"

"Heavens, dear, I'm all covered with dirt...Oh! Do you have a date?"

Bess vigorously nodded yes. "Give me ten minutes, sweetie."

Twenty-five minutes later Terri emerged from her room. Bess was about to burst but bit back any complaint. Her mom headed for the teenager's car but Bess said "Do you mind driving? I'm nervous as a kitten."

Terri smiled, gave her daughter a hug and said "Of course, dear. Where shall we go?"

"I don't know! I've never dressed for a date before!"

Her mom laughed. "Well, it's been years for me. How about that shop down on Bell Street?"

When they got there and stepped out of Terri's car Bess quickly scanned around. An amazing number of men appeared to be frozen, staring their direction from car and office windows, half-opened car doors or simply standing in the parking lot or sidewalk. Bess chuckled to herself -- Mom still had it! At least there weren't any wrecks this time.

Once in the store Bess couldn't decide on anything. Finally she told her mother, "You pick something! You know clothes! I'm going crazy!"

Terri hugged her again, then selected a maroon beret, white blouse, leather jacket, pencil skirt, fishnet stockings and mid-calf boots, all black except for the beret and blouse. Bess looked in the mirror. "Wow! Is that me?"

Terri didn't say anything. When Bess looked at her tears were streaming from her eyes. "My little girl is all grown up!" Bess paid for the clothes and they returned home.

Bess had cooked the night before so there were plenty of leftovers for her parent's supper. She told Will she had a dinner date; Terri looked pleased, Will pleased but wary. He said "Just let us know if you'll be out late, so we don't worry."

"OK, Dad. Love you both!"

Her friend Janet picked her up -- Bess wasn't ready to introduce Travis to her parents just yet. Janet did a double-take when she Bess in her new outfit. "This guy must be something else -- you're dressed to kill, girl! Your eyes are amazing!"

"I know, right? Mom picked the clothes and did the makeup. And yes, I think he's very special!"

Bess had expected Janet to keep her company while she waited, but they rolled up at 6:45 and Travis was already standing by his car. Janet commented "Sharp dresser! But a little on the mature side, don't you think?"

Bess didn't reply; she was drinking in Travis in a charcoal grey jacket, dress shirt, dress slacks and checked tie. She stepped out and he froze; "Holy Cripes, Bess! You look fantastic!"

"You clean up nice yourself, Travis. This is my friend, Janet. Janet, meet Travis."

Janet leaned out the window and waved. "Nice to meet you, Travis. Now I think my presence is no longer required. Enjoy your dinner!" She drove off and they walked hand-in-hand to Travis's car, kissing before and after getting in. Neither was in a hurry to go anywhere.

Eventually Travis started the car and drove into the city. Bess was impressed with his choice of restaurants -- it was near the top of her list of places to try. At first she was too keyed up to eat much, but as she nibbled at this and that her 'inner chef' kicked in and she began to analyze the subtle combinations of flavors. Before she knew it she had actually disposed of most of her meal. Travis was still struggling; Bess had him close his eyes as she fed him various morsels and drew his attention to their highlights. He, too, made a decent dent in his food. Neither opted for desert.

Next Travis drove to a marina and escorted Bess to a fair sized cabin boat. She texted Will Going out on the lake c u in the am. Her dad replied Weather looks good take care darling daughter.

Travis took them straight out across the lake, cutting the motor when the lights of the city were just at the horizon. The air was warm and calm, the stars dazzling. He brought out a large cushion and some blankets, and they lay down facing each other under the night sky.

They resumed kissing; after awhile she unbuttoned his jacket, removed his tie and unbuttoned his shirt to caress his bare chest. He unzipped her jacket and caressed her tits. Her nipples jutted out against bra and blouse; he unbuttoned her blouse and unhooked the front-clasped bra. He fondled each tit and sucked on the nipples as she moaned softly.

They finished undressing and lay naked before God, the Universe and each other. She played with his hard shaft and caressed his balls. He stopped her, said "I'd better get a condom," and stood up.

"Right, not that we'll need them for long."

He stopped and turned back toward her: "What was that?"

"I said, I hope you like children, Travis George, because I plan on having several!"

"Hell yes!" He dove on top of her, his hands and lips seemingly everywhere; when he squeezed her ass she opened her legs and guided his missile into her tube. He tried to go at a moderate pace but she urged him on with her hands and moans and soon he erupted, spewing his cum into her canal.

She didn't climax but that wasn't important -- she could always take care of herself later. What mattered is that they were joined in love with the stars as witness. Bess had been technically a virgin, though she had long since removed her hymen with a vibrating dildo. But now she belonged to someone else, someone she cared deeply about. She trusted he cared about her.

Travis pulled a blanket over them and they slept under the stars. He woke up hard during the night and they made love again; this time he stimulated her to a climax before filling her again with his seed.

In the early daylight they returned the boat and he drove her home. They kissed and she invited him to Sunday dinner. They kissed again; Will came to the door so she got out and waved goodbye.

"So when do we meet this fella, Bess?"

"Sunday dinner."

"Very good, and welcome home." Will hugged her and she clung to him for a good while before going inside and seeing her mom, little brother and baby sister.

Getting to Know You

Bess and Travis met for lunch the next day, then spent Friday evening through mid-Saturday afternoon together. They kissed, talked, and made love again and again. Travis couldn't believe how often and how quickly he became hard, nor how passionately Bess responded or initiated sex.

After making love in the morning, Bess propped herself on an elbow and, gazing at Travis, said "I suppose I should ask some questions before you meet my family."

Travis grinned: "Fire away!"

"Previous girlfriends?"

"One girlfriend, a buddy's kid sister. We dated about a year while I was a college freshman and she was in high school. When she went away to college the next year we broke up."

"What happened?"

"She got into drugs, actually. She smoked weed heavily every day and just turned into a zombie as far as I could tell. She was so full of life before that."

"How sad."

"Yeah. Then, later that year, I met my first future ex-wife."

"First of...?"

"Two. She was hot to trot, and then eager to get married. Took me five years to find out she wasn't into exclusivity -- apparently she had other men while we were dating and after we married."

"Ouch! That had to hurt."

"It did. So naturally I fell quickly in love again."

"Future ex-wife number two?"

"Right. We dated four years, married, divorced after four more years. We fought the entire time."

"But you married her?"

"I kept thinking I could change, I could make things better, it was all my fault and I was terrified of losing her."

"I'll bet you never could please her."

"Not in a million years. Fortunately it didn't take quite that long for me to realize I wasn't the problem."

"So is that the whole list?"

"Well, then there's number four."

Bess chuckled. "So what kind of evil, impossible bitch came next?"

"Not sure yet. I'll let you know in a few years!"

Bess threw her head back and laughed, punched him in the arm and wondered, "With your history, why would you ever trust your heart again?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic -- I think true love really exists."

"Travis?"

"Yes, darling?"

"I think so, too."

They came together yet again. Afterwards Travis asked, "What about you?"

"Well, there was this one guy I really, really liked..."

"What happened?"

"Not sure yet!"

Travis laughed, slapped her bottom, then tickled her as she dissolved into giggles. To his amazement, he found himself hard and ready and entered her once more. He felt consumed with desire, tenderness and love as he had never felt with any other woman.

After, a thought struck him: "Do you mean I was your first?"

"Yes, Travis. First and only."

"You're kidding me! You're beautiful, smart, funny, loving, and no one snapped you up before?"

"I just never met anyone that appealed to me. No one that was available, anyway."

"Available?"

"Let's not talk about that."

"With our age difference some people will assume, well..."

"That I'm a bimbo? Gold-digger? Tell me, Travis, what's your net worth, more or less?"

"Um, let's see, house, car, boat, savings...maybe three-quarter million?

"Well, that's a good bit more than my...annual income."

"Holy cow! So I'm the gold-digger?"

"Well, you did invade the Web Studio," she said with a wide grin.

"Best spur-of-the-moment decision of my life!"

They kissed and made love yet again.

Meeting the Family

Sunday the family went to church as had become their habit since little Bert arrived and Terri found a congregation she liked with a dynamic young preacher. Father Michael's sermons were very personal, focusing on the love between God and Man and among us mortals. Bess left a brisket stew slow-cooking to go with French rolls and a mixed greens salad; Sunday dinner was set for 1:30.

The doorbell rang at 1:15; Bess called out "I'll get it!" and rushed from the kitchen to answer. She came back with her arm around a man who looked to be in his mid-thirties, clean shaven, well-dressed. "Mom, Dad, this is Travis George. Travis, my parents, Will Bridges and Terri Thorne-Bridges." Will shook Travis's hand; his handshake was firm but friendly. Will turned to Terri and noted an odd look on her face.

"Pleased to meet you, Travis," she said. "Pardon me for asking, but you are somewhat older than Bess?"

"Mom!"

"That's OK. I'm thirty-seven."

Will looked at Terri and they both gave a short laugh. "Like mother, like daughter!"

Travis looked puzzled, glancing between Terri and Will. Terri explained:

"My first husband, Cal, Bess's father, was forty-seven when we married. I was eighteen. He passed away unexpectedly when Bess was six."

Bert came trotting in at this point; Bess scooped him up and said "And this little rascal is my baby brother Bert!" While Travis chatted with Bert Terri fetched Daisy and set her in her high chair.

Dinner went well; Travis joined easily in the friendly banter and wide-ranging conversation. When all had had their fill, including vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries for desert, Terri looked at Bess. "Should I inquire about when the chapel might be available for a wedding?" Will was stunned at the suggestion -- these two had, as far as he understood, only met this week!

Travis and Bess looked at each other and Bess answered "Yes, please!"

Terri removed her diamond ring from her right hand, where she'd moved it to make room for the ruby Will had given her. "This ring went with the happiest years of my life before I met Will, and gave me comfort for the many years I was alone. May it bless the two of you with even greater happiness." She handed it to Travis. Bess gasped.

Travis went to one knee and offered it to Bess. She extended her hand and he put it on her finger. They kissed and she looked at her mother with joy and awe.

That evening, after Travis finally left and Terri and Will were alone, he said "I'm surprised. I certainly like Travis but I was thinking perhaps they were rushing things a bit -- then you pushed them along even faster!"

"Did you see the man, Will? Look in a mirror! If the two of you walked down the street everyone would take him for your older brother!"

"Oh. Oh my. Oh my oh my!"

Engaged to be Merry

As they left the house Travis could hardly believe what was happening. He was engaged to be married to a wonderful, beautiful girl half his age that he'd met just this week! He wasn't sure what her dad thought but Bess's mom was certainly on board, passing along her ring like that! He knew he was the luckiest guy alive. Bess was a dream come true.

When they reached the car they hugged, kissed, then both pulled back to say "O my God!" They laughed and kissed again.

"You didn't mention your Mom's looks -- which beauty magazine did she pop out of?"

"I know, right? She's my mom and she doesn't get out much but when she does she can snarl traffic from here to downtown!"

Travis laughed "I can believe it! And then, when you sit down and talk to her, she's even more incredible!"

"I know, right? She's a walking wikipedia! She knows something, at least, about everything! When we play Trivial Pursuit the rule is she has to answer all the questions on each card and she still trounces me and Dad most of the time!"

"Are you happy with the ring, darling?"

"Oh, yes! I can't believe she did that. Are you OK with it?"

"Absolutely, especially after seeing what it meant to you." They kissed again. "Your dad seemed more reserved, but I imagine you've got him wrapped around your finger?"

"No way! Mom's the pushover, she hates to argue. I walked all over her when I was thirteen, which wasn't good for either of us. Dad? He can whip out that tough-love hammer and bring it down hard! And that's exactly what I needed to get me through high school. So maybe he thinks we're rushing things but he knows I'm an adult now. He didn't try to talk us out of it, you know?"

"That's true. And he clearly loves you."

Terri talked to Father Michael on Monday; he said he'd like to meet Travis. They invited him to the Wednesday night fellowship. Father Michael also asked for a counseling session with the couple, then he'd be glad to perform the ceremony Saturday the next week.

Will asked Bess where they were going to live; would she move in with Travis? "Got it covered, Dad!"

Two days later a SOLD sign appeared in front of Will's old house next door; he hadn't been aware the Fergusons were planning a move! He strolled over to chat and Bob just said "No, we weren't planning anything, but that girl of yours wouldn't take no for an answer! She offered us $400 grand, half in cash. That's $100 grand above market price! I assumed you must be helping her finance it."

"No, Bob, apparently she doesn't need any help." Will thought Wow! Her website must be really paying off! Her Papa would be proud.

The next time he spoke with Bess he mentioned the house. "Well, Dad, you didn't think I was going to leave you and Mom and my brother and sister to starve, did you?"

Bess the Beautiful

Bess and Travis had little time to plan a wedding; Travis's brother stood up for him and his parents made the trip. Janet served as maid of honor. When Will walked Bess down the aisle she looked radiant. Father Michael pronounced them "husband and wife." They had a short reception, then left for a ten-day Alaskan cruise. When they returned the happy couple settled into Will's old house.

Bess cooked, in Terri and Will's kitchen, three or four dinners and at least five breakfasts nearly every week and the combined household ate those meals together. The family included the four adults, Bert, Daisy and soon Bess's own children: Lucinda arrived in just under a year, followed by Samantha, Glen and Maxwell every other year. Bess and Travis decided four was enough; Terri had a miscarriage after Daisy and decided to be sterilized so they stabilized at four adults and six kids -- until, at age 35, Bess gave birth to twin daughters! (They named them Theresa and Elizabeth, called Tizzie and Lizzie until middle school, then Resa and Liz.)

12