TRC - Searching for the Sky Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The man leaned back on his floating chair, taking a deep breath before answering. "I'm torn Rose," he said looking frustrated. "If I make you stay, you'll resent me for it. If you go and do this with him, I'll resent you for it. Which is the lesser of the evils?"

The dog girl didn't respond, looking down at the floor instead of meeting his eyes.

"This time I think I'm going to leave this to fate and hope things turn out for the best. If you feel you need to go, then go."

His last word made the woman flinch as if struck, even so, she turned around and walked out the door. Kelthor blinked in surprise and more than a little bit of hurt.

"She wasn't lying, sir," said the collie waiting for him over by the stairs, "She's been agonizing over this ever since you woke up and I think stopping her would have done more damage than good."

The wizard gave her a weak smile before floating past and up the stairs towards his room, the black and white dog girl following close behind.

---

The woman stuck with the first shift of guard duty watched in confusion as a miserable looking Rose walked into the tent. The golden-haired dog girl walked over to the flap separating Kal's room from the main area without so much as a glance at those sitting around the firepit chatting. Daxas and the other girls who hadn't yet retired looking just as confused as the guard outside.

"Kal, are you in there?" she asked, raising her voice slightly. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Daxas stand and slowly come over.

Kal pulled the canvas sheet aside, "Rose?"

Stepping inside, the golden retriever addressed the black-haired woman sitting on Kal's bed first. "I'm very sorry to ask this, but could I have your turn tonight? It's important."

The girl on the bed looked past the woman to Daxas standing in the doorway. The wolf nodded and the girl stood up, walking out with a disappointed look on her face, Dax held the flap open for her then followed her out after glancing at the golden-haired dog girl and sharing a look with Kal.

"What's going on Rose? This is hardly the happy puppy I'm used to seeing."

She turned toward him unexpectedly, wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug, "I'm sorry," she said, starting to cry. "I should have known you wouldn't have done anything like that to Kelthor. I'm sorry I hated you so much then, if it hadn't been for you healing him I would have been happy if you died. I'm sorry, and I'm here to make things right." Rose dropped to her knees and quickly tugged down his trousers, catching his cock between her lips and sucking it into her mouth before Kal could recover from his surprise.

"What the?!" said Daxas from the doorway, she had come back as the dog girl was speaking but hadn't expected this any more than Kal.

It was with a force of will that he pushed the woman's head away. It had been mentioned that her breed was known for their soft mouths, even after only a couple of seconds he was having a difficult time maintaining a rational thought from the pleasure she was bringing him. As his prick slipped free, the girl started crying harder.

Kal took a deep breath before speaking to the distraught woman in front of him, allowing the sensations from his groin to fade. "What are you doing Rose?"

"I..I'm j..just trying to show y..you I..I'm sorry," she said sobbing.

"No. Not like this," he said pulling his trousers up before kneeling down so he could look her in the eye. "This is hurting you and I can't imagine how you must have been feeling to think going through with this was somehow better."

"I have to do something," she cried, "I have to show you how sorry I am."

"Oh, you will," he said, standing up, "strip and get into bed. No presenting either, we won't be doing anything like that." Kal looked over at the wolf, "You too Dax, you get on the other side of her." The wolf girl gave him a questioning look as she walked past him toward the bed. When he had the two girls situated facing each other he shucked his shirt and pants then crawled in opposite Daxas, with Rose trapped between them.

"What are..."

"What nothing. You are going to spend the night between me and Dax, knowing you are cared for, loved, and forgiven. This is your atonement for hating me. Can you respect that?"

"Yes," she said meekly, unhappy because her plan had fallen apart but filled with relief at the same time. She had wondered how she would face Kelthor tomorrow. This way, he may not be happy with her, but it would be a lot easier to reconcile when she and Kal had only cuddled all night without having sex.

Daxas smiled over the girl's head, letting him know her approval of his idea. Kal returned a strained smile, glancing downward in the direction of his hard cock now trapped between his belly and Rose's lower back. The ever-sympathetic wolf girl bit back a laugh at the predicament he had put himself into. Kal stuck out his tongue at her.

It wouldn't have been so bad but Kal had to admit, he really wanted to be with the girl laying in front of him. It wasn't easy knowing all he needed to do was slide down a little and he could slip inside her. Worse yet, she would let him and probably enjoy it as well. Kal sighed, Kelthor had become a friend as well as a teacher and the damage it would do to Rose and his relationship could end up being irreparable, the aftermath just wouldn't be worth it. With another frustrated sigh, he laid his arm over both girls and tried to get some sleep.

---

Kal wasn't sure who was the one getting the better end of the deal after Rose left and Daxas called the black-haired retriever back in, the wolf whispering something in the girl's ear before leaving them alone together. The dog girl then crawled into his bed and proceeded to show him that last night's unexpected bedmate wasn't the only one with a 'soft mouth,' which left Kal regretting that he hadn't been more active with the other women during their time at the tower and wondering what other interesting skills or quirks he had missed out on.

The regret was short-lived as he thought back to his conversation with Daxas. Much as he was enjoying the girl's mouth he still didn't have any desire to add her to his core group of women. He had a feeling that there would be many others in the future and wondered just how much he could manage. As nice as it sounds to a young man to have a line of women waiting to bounce on his dick, the days after the rescue showed him that the reality was far less enjoyable.

He gasped as he filled the dog girl's mouth, the woman gently sucking until his orgasm subsided while savoring the taste of his seed.

"Um, would you mind doing that again?" Kal asked. He felt guilty wanting her to do more when over the past few months the times they had sex was little more than the physical act with little actual companionship. The girl nodded vigorously, smiling around his prick before letting it slip out of her mouth so he could cast his rejuvenation spell. While he was normally good for a second round after a short break, he was still determined to make sure the black-haired girl enjoyed herself as well, and a third round was pushing things, even for his body.

As the black-haired woman's lips closed around him once again he realized what he was missing the most with the other girls in Dax's pack, companionship. He was glad the girl was too busy to see the flush of embarrassment when he came to the realization that the fault was entirely his.

She whined in disappointment as he pushed her head away. "Come up here, I need to think for a minute and your mouth feels too good to let me do that," he said, smiling apologetically as he pulled her up against his side and put an arm around her. As she snuggled into his shoulder, Kal returned to his thoughts.

When Daxas had announced she was pregnant he hadn't taken the news well, upset because he didn't even know her name yet. Now, three months later, he had gotten the girl lying next to him pregnant and had slept with her multiple times, yet still couldn't dredge up her name. Kal frowned as he came to the conclusion that he still felt resentment towards them for using him as meat stick and babymaker while they were in heat.

This also made him aware that he was just as much to blame. After the rescue, he had gotten it stuck in his mind that he needed to take care of those who were in heat by getting them pregnant. In the back of his head, he knew he had other options. Though he might have claimed ignorance beforehand, Daxas's threat to have him empty his balls into Rose's ass, and the reason behind it, took away that excuse. Even with the prospect of longer rests between the girls the idea never gained any traction, making him question why.

Because he wanted them to be happy. After everything they had suffered through in the kennels, he felt like it was his duty to right some of the wrongs they had endured. The idea was shored up by Daxas's joy at becoming pregnant, and the other girl's sorrow when her heat faded. Sadly, he didn't consider the effect it would have on his and their relationships later. But really, how different were they from Sandy, or Silma, or even Bas whom he shared a bond with. He wasn't a large part of any of their lives but each of them was carrying one of his children. Well, he wasn't certain about Silma but that was beside the point.

This whole situation began with a change in status between Kelthor and Rose, perhaps he needed to do something similar with the women in his life. Ikuno, Perra, Aradelle, Gerda, Bea, and now Daxas certainly fell into the category of lovers. However, where did the girls in Dax's pack fall? Certainly not lovers but not on the level of Silma where it started as a business transaction but turned into something a bit more interesting. Companions? That seemed to fit, not in the same way that he meant it for Rose and Kelthor, but then, Rose had already been a companion, the change in name was just the catalyst for them openly becoming lovers.

Companions. He liked that.

"I'm sorry," he said to the black-haired dog girl gently running her fingers through his chest hair. She looked up at him in confusion. "I've been holding all of you at arm's length, not even taking the time to learn your names. You deserve better, when I get back home with Ikuno I'll try to get to know each of you a bit better."

"It's okay, Kal," she said laying her head back on his shoulder. "We understand you love Daxas and don't want to interfere. We just appreciate that you and Dax are kind enough to share with the rest of us. From what she's told us of how wolf packs work, she was often denied the same courtesy by her own alpha." She let out a small laugh, "Last night after Rose showed up she took me off hunting duty for today just to make sure I got my turn with you."

"Is that really so important?"

"She said once we got to our new home you wouldn't be available to the rest of us unless you change your mind later. So yes, it is important to us. This is nice, it's comfortable, our needs are taken care of, and though you are holding us at arm's length, you are still kind to us. Even if you weren't my rescuer I would be happy with how things are.

"If you want to change things between us, none of us will complain," she said pushing herself up on an elbow to look into his eyes, "from what Dax has told us we have a couple of weeks travel left if that's what you decide."

Kal kept forgetting they would still be traveling together as he turned back west towards his home. Dax and the girls, except for Rose and the collie, had already made their trip back to Carris forest to say goodbye to the other half of the rescuees while Kelthor was out of commission, returning with tales of them killing three of the slavers sent to bring them back and pissing all over their bodies as a warning for any others that might get the same idea. With that business taken care of, they would all be heading the same direction until the pack turned south on the road through the mountain pass where they would take the game trail to their new hunting grounds.

"I believe I have decided, and I think I'm going to start right now." Kal pulled the retriever up so she was straddling his stomach, immediately discovering this was a mistake as the happy dog girl's wagging tail began painfully smacking his still-hard prick back and forth. Quickly grabbing the girl by the hips, he pulled her up positioning her sex directly above his mouth.

"You don't have to..." whatever she had been about to say faded into a long moan as he ran his tongue through her folds, punctuated by a high-pitched yip as he reached her clit.

"Shh, I know I don't have to, I want to," he said before making the girl shudder with another long lick.

Kal heard the flap to his room pulled aside. "Hmpf... figures," said Daxas, "hold up for a second, Kal."

The human stopped mid-lick and peered around the girl's thigh at the alpha. She occasionally came in to check on the girls, usually taking the opportunity to remind them of her position in some way, but had never asked him to stop.

"Alina, when you are done in here make sure that the girls have everything packed up and either in the tent or with Ria since we will be leaving first thing in the morning."

Alina stared wide-eyed at Daxas, the implications of her orders sinking in. "Me?!" she squeaked.

The wolf walked over and looked down at Kal."How's my new beta taste?" she asked with a sly grin.

Kal lifted his head and pushed his tongue into the girl, getting an appreciative moan from the black-haired woman while giving Dax a look like he was thinking seriously. Pulling his head back he moved his tongue about in his mouth as if sampling a fine drink, "Pretty good," he said after a few moments, barely managing to keep a straight face.

Alina began giggling, but only for a moment before Kal continued teasing her sex. Between panting breaths, she looked over at Daxas, "Why me?"

"Don't act all surprised, I've had my eye on you for a while. We all saw a much weaker side of Rose's personality last night, if she had been my beta she would have likely lost the position today. I noticed this morning that your attitude had already changed and the others were deferring to you."

"What about Pola?" Another shudder ran through Alina's body and she finally looked down, "could you quit that for a second?"

Daxas looked off in the direction of the tower. Hanging her head, she said, "I think you know what to do about Pola." She shook her dead to clear the sad thoughts before looking at the two on the bed, "Much as I would like to join you, we need to get out into the woods if we want to have enough food to avoid hunting on the road." The wolf girl leaned over and kissed Kal, taking a moment to lick Alina's juices off his lips, then kissed her new beta hard as a hand mauled the girl's breast. By the time Dax pulled away with a smile, the black-haired girl was panting and grinding her sex into the human's face. "You'll be joining me with him tonight," she said with a wink before walking out of the room and calling to her hunting partners.

Alina looked down and saw that Kal's skin was now shining with wetness as he grinned up at her. "I'm sorry!" she apologized but Kal's head was already shaking.

"Not accepted, that was sexy as hell. Much as I wanted this to be all for you, I'm needing some attention after seeing that kiss."

The retriever nodded, standing up and turning around before straddling his face again then leaning over and taking him back in her mouth. As he pulled her hips down and began teasing her clit he realized he was definitely going to miss that feeling once they parted ways.

---

Later that night Kal was spooned around Daxas, a hand idly playing with her breast as he unhurriedly slid in and out of the woman's rear. In front of the wolf, her new beta was sleeping peacefully and only looking slightly worn out and disheveled from being double teamed by her alpha and the human.

"Mmmm, I wish I had suggested we do this ages ago," said Daxas pushing her hips back slightly taking him a bit deeper.

"I wouldn't have complained," replied Kal. It certainly felt nice, but he wasn't in any kind of hurry. He had cast the rejuvenation spell earlier as he took care of both the women, giving most of his attention to the girl lightly snoring beside them. Instead of just canceling the spell, Daxas had offered up her bottom.

"Are you sure you won't come back to your town with us?" asked the wolf.

Kal leaned forward, resting his head on the back of hers. "We've been over this before Dax. I can't. If I walk into that town I won't leave. I know what you are thinking, 'Perra is only a little way away from giving you your first human child, you can see Eludora, and Adalena as well as all the girls.' It was hard enough leaving with Perra being pregnant, I know I wouldn't be able to leave my child as well. Please don't bring it up again, I feel guilty enough as is."

"But you left the other two," she said then stiffened, she didn't realize how accusing that would sound.

Kal chuckled, "Bea was insistent I go get Ikuno and assured me that butterflies, like most monster girls, had no problems raising their daughters by themselves, and Eludora is a tree."

Daxas twisted about to look him in the eye, "A what?!"

"Tree. Trunk, bark, branches, leaves. A tree."

"You said she was an alarune."

"She is, it's kind of like your puppy phase, except she turns into a tree until she's matured."

"Weird," said the wolf turning back around. There was a brief silence before she spoke again, "I'm letting Pola go tomorrow."

"I think that's wise."

"It still hurts, it feels like I'm throwing her away."

"She and Rose have gotten very close since she started helping take care of Kelthor." Kal chuckled, "I'm more worried about the old man passing away from exhaustion trying to keep up with the both of them."

"Is that your plan to finally fuck Rose?" she asked, her laugh turning into a moan as Kal pulled back leaving just the tip inside before sliding back in with excruciating slowness.

"Nope, I'm good with what I've got."

Daxas looked over her shoulder and was met by his lips covering hers as he started to speed up.

---

The next morning Kal, Daxas and the pack met Kelthor and Rose out in front of his tower. Tearful goodbyes were passed about among the women with firm handshakes between the men.

"A little something that I think you will appreciate," said Kelthor handing him a scroll from his golden chair. Unrolling it, Kal found directions for making the little messenger parchments. "Remember, they're only one way and you can't send them in the rain unless you use a waterproof parchment and ink, it's best to only use them for someone within a few days travel so you can keep an eye on the weather. The rest of the rules are on the scroll."

"Thank you, I really appreciate this, Kelthor."

The wizard smiled, "It's the least I could do for the man who nearly killed me, then saved my life."

Kal chuckled, "You couldn't have put that a better way could you?"

Kelthor's smile got wider, "Nope."

As Kal went to tell the dog girl goodbye, the wizard reached out and stopped him, "Kal... thank you for not..." the older man paused as he searched for the right words, "for what you didn't do," he said finally. The young mage nodded and patted him on the shoulder before finishing his farewells.

After giving Rose a chaste hug and kiss on the cheek, Kal walked back to where Daxas and the others were waiting. When he turned around, the golden-haired girl was fighting back tears as she stared at the collie standing with Dax's pack. A fleeting thought ran through his head that it seemed like every time he turned around these last few days the woman was tearing up about something. Noticing that Pola was in a similar state he looked over at the wolf.