TSS 3: Knight's Son Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, well, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, and I know you weren't exactly close, but your father's lawyers called me."

"What the fuck, Mom?" I spat before I could stop myself. "What did he want this time?"

"No, it wasn't like that," she hurried on. "Your father was killed yesterday."

I held little respect for the man that gave me half my genes. He was a bastard, a pig, a chauvinist, a... Well, I could go on and on, but in the interest of being fair, I will admit that my college tuition was covered by him. He'd made sure I had the bare minimum of what I needed growing up while also treating my mother terribly. No, that's an understatement. He physically, emotionally, and verbally abused my mother whenever he was around. Thankfully, it was rare. For some reason I never managed to understand, my sweet mother put up with it and never got into another relationship. She never tried for a divorce and suffered everything he heaped onto her.

Despite my feelings towards that man, I found myself sitting on the bed, shirt around my neck, but not pulled the rest of the way down. Could it be true? Was he finally out of our lives? I know this may seem callous, but I truly hated the man. Growing up, he was hardly ever around. When he was, he would get drunk, belligerent, and abusive. I took his money for college to get a better education and be a better man. At that moment, I was more worried about that money being cut off than I was about his passing.

"What did the lawyers say?" I asked, feeling my heart in my throat.

"They wouldn't tell me much," Mom said, and she sounded on the verge of tears. How could she still care for that asshole? I never understood it, and she never managed to answer when I asked. "They wanted to meet with you as soon as possible to discuss his estate."

"His estate?" I said. "Why didn't they want to talk to you?"

"You're his only heir," Mom said, and then I heard the sob. She was crying. My father somehow managed to make the sweetest woman in the world cry over his death. I felt my rage boil up in me, making my head throb even worse, but I pushed it all down.

From bits and pieces over the years, I understood that my father had money. I didn't know how much, but it was enough to pay for my college education. Meanwhile, my mother worked her fingers to the bone, barely scraping by. With me being the only heir... If that meant I got all his money... My mom would never have to work a day in her life again if she didn't want to.

I finished getting dressed as I got the information for the lawyer's office in Los Angeles. I had to assure my mom that I was safe and okay and that I would talk to her again after I spoke with the lawyers before she got off the phone with me.

As I hung up, I noticed that I had an email from the school. Short and to the point, it offered condolences to those who'd lost loved ones in Wyoming and all along the Gulf Coast. Major flooding struck every city from the Florida Keys all the way around to Texas and Mexico. Rescue teams hadn't made it to Cuba or any other islands yet, to determine what was left. School was canceled for the next week and a half to allow time for proper grieving, and counseling services were available for those who needed it.

I felt sick for anyone who suffered from the attack. Those Lydenese claimed they wanted peace, then brought their world here and killed all those innocent people? If nothing else, I felt even more sure that the crater in Wyoming was their responsibility.

Despite the early hour, I knew I wasn't going back to sleep. While taking care of my morning ablutions, I found a simple note from Charlotte.

Bobby,

Last night was one of the best I've ever experienced. I'm so glad the world didn't end.

Charlotte

That was it: no phone number, no method of contacting her, or even where she might be. I remembered Joey mentioning that the morning after he'd hooked up with that crossdresser, he'd found a similar note. Tina refused to give details of her lesbian encounter, though the guys pestered her for some time about her conquest. Had any others mentioned notes? My head hurt too much to think about that.

Making sure I had everything, I called a cab and left the room when it arrived. My first appointment today would be for the most robust coffee I could find. After that, I'd meet with those lawyers and see and see if something good couldn't come out of my father's death.

* * * * *

From the Author

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter in the third book of this series. Starting with chapter two, there will be an additional part after the main chapter that will be from the POV of a different character. This other character will be important, but it won't be obvious why for quite some time.

Also, just to serve as a warning, this book won't be all sunshine and rainbows. The characters will suffer, there will be pain, and not every woman will be ready to jump Bobby's thick bone. There will still be plenty of sexy times, but not every chapter will have an intimate scene.