All Comments on 'Turnaround is Fair Play (Feb Sucks)'

by funperson969

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments (Page 2)
bhill8671bhill86714 months ago
It is long past time

To put this tired old nag to bed.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice4 months ago

I liked your other Feb Sucks tale, but hated this one. A few things right, mostly wrong stuff. Working backwards from the end, seriously? their relationship was supposed to be better after she humiliated her husband in the worst way possible? I can see a plotline that says staying together for the kids, but the premise for this story is (intentionally) so over the top, that a reconciliation of love just doesn't make sense, including the original George Anderson tale. (Still, he gets kudos for coming up with the idea). This story is never going to end up with the couple better off than before. The biggest problem I had was the story had no one to like. Hubby comes off as a self-centered a-hole that likely deserves a wife like Linda. Loving parents understand that children should not be victimized by their parents' relationship issues. However, Jim immediately throws Linda under the bus when he picks up the kids, in an attempt to poison their relationship w/ their mother. I don't care how awful of a wife Linda is painted to be, she is the mom and an attack on a parent is an attack on the children's self esteem. HUGE no-no. Plus, Jim pretends it's no big deal. Who would do that? Then, he exploits his power relationship w/ his underling, knowing she likes him, and involves her in his plans. Jim is just an awful human being as written in this version. BTW, still think Funperson has good writing skills, gave the other Febsucks story by him 4 stars. However, this story has plot holes big enough to fly a 747 through. This writer can do better, and has in the past. The fact that this is fiction does not give writers a blanket release for characters to act in ways that normal humans don't.

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

Didn’t think much of this version.

Ganymede69Ganymede694 months ago

Mannnnn fuck Linda and the dick she rode in on. This version of the tale Jim went wayyyyyy to easy on her. She got her fairytale and then some. And asshole rides off into the sunset to cuck the next guy.

4 stars mainly out of respect for your other Feb versions and how you constantly find new way to tell the tale. But this version of the characters is my least favorite .

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Quit while your ahead. These just get worse.

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

This was that bit different than most, but the original can’t be beaten.

FeltfixerFeltfixer4 months ago

Nobody would forgive that treachery.

Total disrespect to her family and even herself.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion4 months ago

I liked it to the point that I would have rated it 4.75-stars if I could. I still to this day feel the original story was missing something. The original portrayed Linda as a loving, loyal wife and mother so how could she do what she did. When you love someone for ten years, how can anyone turn that love off like a light in a dark room. The same holds true for both parties. Yes, there is pain, and that pain can diminish what was real love and respect and trust. Love never really goes away, if it did there would be little to no pain. Respect and trust can be rebuilt, although trust may never fully return. If the original story can be believed, then this version of the ending can also be possible. Sometimes we all just need a happy ending. So, smile and have a great day.

SithLord6969SithLord69694 months ago

Just awful. 1 star

C_frommnC_frommn4 months ago

I agree with "oldtwit" nothing has ever beaten the Original. but this was a nice Sequel.

MattblackUKMattblackUK4 months ago

that worked well.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades4 months ago

Enjoyed the variation. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

1* This the worst one yet. You made the husband a wimpy cuckold. Linda will always have the memory of the night with Asshole LaValliere.

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon4 months ago

Contrary to many of the commenters, I really have no problem with all the sequels and alternate versions of FebSux. I do think, however, that if George Anderson had any clue that there would be so many of them, he would have started the story (after the explanatory intro) with Jim and Linda waking up to a radio alarm clock playing Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe". Hmmm, Jim being played in the movie version by Bill Murray. And now I'm wondering if any studio has approached Mr. Anderson for the screen rights.

They say our love won't pay the rent

Before it's earned, my wife has left my bed

...

Babe, he's got you, babe

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nooe Nope Nope Nope

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I won't complain about a sequel but I will complain that this is even worse than the original because there is absolutely zero basis for reconciliation in this version. So, she's jealous and cries a lot after hubby gives her a tiny taste of her betrayal. So what? And no, there is no way that marital infidelity can ultimately make the marriage better. 1*

WargamerWargamer4 months ago

Yeah ok, just!

I know this is one of your many ways of looking at this story, but this far it’s my least favourite. It is well written.

So 3/5, so far.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago
Old sports player

The quality of this story reminds me of a pro sports player who hasn't figured out he well beyond being able to play adequately let alone good. A player is as good as his last game. This effort may taint the others. such a shame. Should have quit with the previous FS sequel.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Should have slept with M. Divorced Linda and marry M. Don't need to BTB, just need to be with a woman who respects him.

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

The problem with an irredeemable character like Linda is the absolutely titanic work, effort and creativity it takes for a reconciliation to occur.

Criteria for recon not met.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I enjoyed the story having its own unique twist for the ending. I typically am not a fan of RAAC for the ending of GA endings since Linda s betrayal was so harsh but this works except for the detail of not sleeping with the set up date. Seemed the lesson was too weak for the desired result of reconciliation without the night of sex.

Both then get sti tests. Both sign a post nuptial. One of the weakness of all revenge stories is the men take the high road when it is little revenge and more reconciliation. In this story it seems that Jim gives out the dancing , leaving and unknown lesson without the key and strongest part of the revenge sex and actually calls Linda because of a concern for suicide. Whereas Linda had no such concern. And frankly Linda’s attitude was a little quick to feel sorrow after a night and fill day of not feeling or saying anything. I have never seen that quick of a change that is truly permanent. I have when the lesson is hard and forceful though.

But I did like the story for being unique to GA s legacy

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not too bad but a bit soft on Linda.

I enjoy travelling and have been all over the planet, one point - check an atlas - you cannot cruise the Mediterranean AND the Caribbean in three weeks, it takes the best part of a week to cross that Atlantic, I've done it both ways, and recently spent four weeks cruising around the Mediterranean. Americans may not realise this and lap it up but more worldly wise people will groan at basic mistakes like this!

NoBullAlNoBullAl4 months ago

Oh such a nice sweet story!! Just makes you want to scream: AAAHHHHHHWWWWYUK!!!

YEAH! I know you warned me but and you did make her suffer a little but…… ??????????

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

I was faced with a less similar transition but was ready to forgive to hold the family together but the ex mad it quite plain she was looking to find somone else. I lost two daughters who I haven't spoken to in 40 years and the ex changes beds and lives happily ever after. Good story if reconciliation works for you.

Busman19639Busman196393 months ago

The post-nup was a great idea.

enderlocke77enderlocke773 months ago

makes sense "its cheaper to keep her" but a full on raac just doesnt and will never work for this story unless the victimized spouse was a complete sub lush who has 0 self esteem. in other words no one to like here

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice one. I also ended up with a “better than before,” nice to see it show up in a story. Good for them. Thanks for sharing, and don’t worry about the crowd who marks you down for a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A divorce with two young children is financial suicide for the husband/father.

Sometimes in life we have to accept bad choices because there is no good choice.

The original story makes that point clearly. Accepting a total shit choice.

This story reaches the same ending. Doesn’t balance the revenge scales. That’s life.

Well written.

TheMTOneTheMTOne3 months ago

Don't make it the last one because you feel its overdone, there is always more blood to be pulled from this stone. I love FS, but the idea itself it what is universal. The friends and kids are just ways of making the story work better, having more consequences or motivations, but the general idea is one everyone has heard before.

That someone famous/wealthy/etc is worth a night out at any cost, and the story is about that cost. A tale as old as time...

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Always wanted to try a Stepford wife. I think I would get very board with an ever giving automaton for a wife. But that’s just me

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Linda also never gave the slightest indication that she ever thought back on her night of debauchery with any degree of wistfulness.

===> this is a huge, powerful difference from the original. No cosmic sex letter. He rapidly disabled her of her delusion that what she did was OK. She even commented that Marc was an arrogant asshole and she doesn't even like him. This was definitely a different Linda.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You said that this was the last one, but you just posted another!

opheliusophelius3 months ago

The author asks in the subheading “ Can you end up better than before from such a debacle?”

I say no. Trust, once shattered so publicly and cruelly, humiliation so public by the one person he had the right to demand love and loyalty from, can never be restored. By lowering himself to Linda’s level Jim did not extract retribution so much as prove that he was no better than her.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What an inane cuck fairy tale. There's no coming back from what Linda did.She got to have her cake and eat it too. It's the ending Dee predicted. A better title would be Dee's Right.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Tough crowd (not to mention weird). Hey, the author said it worked out for the characters. In a story, not real life. They say no it didn't. WTF? Mr. FP969 wrote the damn story--do they think they know better than him what happened? Why don't they write their own stories, instead of telling the author he doesn't know what happens in his own stories? Geez... Keep writing, buddy, don't mind them. GJS

BlueEyd2BlueEyd23 months ago

Sorry, didn't like it. Especially after her monster betrayal you write: "Spending my life without this, without her, frankly was unthinkable."

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's a nice story but I just don't know how you could ever get back together after what Linda did.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

While I believe it is possible to get past adultery and rebuild a marriage, I don't believe it is possible when one spouse flaunts it in their partner's face and exhibits that level of disrespect.

There are no limits to the vengeance that would be unleashed.

Darkness86Darkness863 months ago

I like the "February sucks" series however this one was SHIT

willyk1212willyk12123 months ago

i do not agree with couples staying together after cheating just don't

chasbo38chasbo383 months ago

All of these Feb Sucks ending are dealing with women who close the barn door after the horse have run off.

We all know people like that. The lucky guys do not marry one. The real men dump them when their true nature is discovered.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked the story. 5* The post-nup, and the alacrity with which she signed it, was a nice touch.

usaretusaret3 months ago

Better man (?) then me.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ugh!

Total disrespect and no reconciliation possible without her outing player

But wait another done it

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

While I've agreement in possible reconciliation after cheating, what happened in this story (The Feb. Sucks & after) with her not only cheating, but on that day that's meant to reignite their love, & the manner which she did cheat, leaves me to believe there's too much hurt involved. And with the humiliation, betrayal & embarrassment Jim felt, there was.

Even with having some literary license with Linda, it's hard for her to think that she'd suddenly call herself a bitch, etc. Maybe down the road, but not a day afterwards. Also, what did she tell her parents? And them with Jim? Too much left out. Lastly, without trust... & that didn't come a day, week, or 5 months later. Story doesn't work for me. 2 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Reconciliation after the shit Linda pulled on her husband that night? Even though this's fiction & the author has license to take his characters wherever, at least make it somewhat believable. But with the amount of disrespect & humiliation Linda heaved upon her husband, not to mention the night/ morning gross betrayal on which should've been Linda & Jim's night, along with their friend's betrayal, makes this story far in left field.

Post nup or no, there's no making up for her actions. And only a total wimp & loser would reconcile. 1 star to this mess, one of the worst followup stories in the February Sucks field I've read. Bob

RePhilRePhil3 months ago

Shit she fooled him for how many years before she shit on him. And now she wouldn’t. Ok this is your reality so it is as you say. But for the rest of us she is a ticking time bomb for the next cheat. Sorry dude she left him with out a thought. If she wasn’t thinking then how could she think she wouldn’t cheat again. Anti-logic.

James G 5James G 52 months ago

Another story that makes me wish for a 0 star option

Forgiveness and reconciliation for what she did is never ok

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A little shorter than average. But, what the he*l.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

As versions of FebSux goes this is pretty good. Also different enough to a lot of them to be interesting and it also keeps a flavour of the original characters. It's also well written and has an interesting twist with the "hire" of Melanie to give Linda a small idea of what Jim went through and felt like. I struggled with the original over the reconciliation as I did with this one because of what she did, how she did it, when she did it and where (in front of their "friends") I just can't see how any spouse can forgive something so evil as what Linda did. But my personal feelings shouldn't detract from appreciating an excellently written story so I have to say I didn't like the get back together but it is understandable and believable based on the original characters and plot line. So I'm giving this a 4 for the technical skills. BardnotBard

LechemanLecheman2 months ago

Hmm felt more sorry for Melanie...~

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Four stars. Nuff said.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I am tired of linda not getting the same treatment, I feel bad for Melanie she needs to be part of the new family, maybe Melanie should be wife number two and move in with them and be there when he needs her. Two options are better than one. Get a king size bed.

consulting91consulting91about 2 months ago

The writing was great. The story was riveting. So much so that it made me get involved with the characters all over again. I feel worse for Melanie than I did for Jim. She was used and thrown away even though she had serious feelings for Jim. And Linda didn't get anything bad to happen to her. Her poor feelings might have been hurt, but she can always think of her time with Marc and also know that Jim has always been true to her.

This ending is almost worse because now Jim is a cuckold and she knows it and benefited from it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This should be titled February Cucks

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 2 months ago
How many of these 'alternates' are you going to 'write'?

What is this? Number nine? Number ten? I get that the original tale, as improbable as the tale was, now owns your imagination.

The original was eight pages, and this is, charitably, a page and a half. Why do you think that wrapping up a much longer story in a few words is interesting?

Perhaps it is that you only have a few words in your inventory.

This was boring, by the way.

crazymike45crazymike45about 1 month ago

The payback was lame. Melanie was used. So what if the bitch suicides? Her choice, just like her choice to whore.

gasperguy69gasperguy69about 1 month ago

Kind of a rushed storyline. I like that it isn't another BTB but it just seems an under-developed story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Lame. Too easy a solution. And Jim only gets revenge indirectly when another husband deals with Marc properly.

muddman74muddman74about 1 month ago

Too bad I can't give zero stars for this turd.

B3ndoverB3ndoverabout 1 month ago

I feel bad for Melinda, he used her for his own purpose and did to her what his wife did to him. He gave her hope that maybe in the future…. But he never mentions her again. They both are uncairing pos

LanmandragonLanmandragon25 days ago

An intelligent solution! (much to the disgust of the fanatics, who live in a world of their own on the dark side of the moon).

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

poor ending to the story

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Meh, and what happened to Melinda....... seems.you brought her into the story then dropped her without another word

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

I rated it four stars and then went looking back. 7 months ago I said four stars. Nuff said. I agree with that.

/

JPB NOT BOB

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous