Twelve Realms Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The Princess can eat anything I can," Jacob assured him tightly.

"Thank you, sir." The cook was sensitive to his master's mood, if not aware of its cause. "We do want the wee beauty to feel welcome, do we not?"

"Yes, we do." Jacob suddenly had a strong urge to make Fiona happy and an idea of how to do it. "If I recall correctly, she does love chocolate chip mint ice cream. Whatever you prepare for dinner, let's offer her that for dessert."

"Excellent, Your Grace. That should ease her stay."

***

Jacob found Fiona asleep on the lounge on the bridge when he went looking for her to join the crew for dinner. She really was breathtaking, he thought. He wanted to protect her like he had when she was their street rat. But more, he wanted to possess her. He couldn't understand what was happening to him. He was a warrior. A loyal Duke to his King. He hadn't been captivated like this since... . He'd had his flings with women who were looking for fun, but had avoided anything serious because his life as a warrior demanded his dedication. He knew he'd have to choose a duchess someday, someone to give him a son, but that someone couldn't be the princess. He steeled himself to rouse her and suppress his lust. She deserved better from him.

"Jacob?" The sound of his name on her lips sent a jolt through his body.

"Would you join me for dinner with my squad in the galley, Princess?"

"Oh, yes. I am hungry." She accepted his hand as he helped her stand. "Thank you, Jacob." She smiled softly. She kept her hand in his arm as he guided her through the door and down the hall and to the galley, only releasing him when he showed her to her seat at the long table. He settled down next to her and at his signal everyone started serving themselves from the common plates. He served her, filling her plate and then his own, cognizant of her injured arm limiting her movements.

"Thank you again, Jacob," she said quietly, placing her hand lightly on his arm.

Around them a dozen of his most trusted knights, lords, and ladies sat around the table, laughing and joking boisterously. Sitting across from Fiona, Lady Amber eyed the Princess and gave her a conspiratorial grin.

"I'd like to thank you, Your Highness," the tiny blonde said, inclining her head in a small bow. "This squad is in dire need of some shore leave, none more than His Grace. But only the emergency of escorting you to Citadel could force him into it."

"Are you staying on Citadel for a while then, Your Grace?" Fiona inquired, arching one eyebrow. "I thought you were just leaving me in the capable hands of your mother."

"Well... Amber makes a good point. The squad could use some R&R. We have been on the front lines for a long time. Getting some rest will help us stay sharp when we go back." He didn't mention how he hoped to spend time with her, but when she met his eyes, the secret fleeting smile she gave him made it clear that he wasn't fooling her.

"I hope you will have time to show me your home, Jacob," she smiled at him again, but there was a hint of sadness. "I'm sure that you will be busy, though. I know I won't be your priority."

He looked back at her and it was all he could do not to press his lips to hers, not to invade her mouth with his tongue. Not to run his hands over her body.

Fiona's attention was drawn to Bartholomew, the Knight sitting to her right. It was he who had been Jacob's companion in her rescue.

"Thank you, Sir Bartholomew, for your help today," she said, her body stiff with formality. "Your skill as a sharpshooter is renowned throughout the sector and beyond."

"Thank you, my lady," he responded with a grin. "You seemed to have had little trouble with the first five, but those last two were a real bitch!"

"Language!" the Duke admonished, but Fiona just snorted in laughter at Bartholomew's coarse choice of words. Jacob may have been displeased at the language, but he appreciated the noticeable relaxation in Fiona's shoulders at the jesting.

The rest of the meal passed in jovial comradery, Fiona observing the raucous crowd with wide eyes and a small smile. She smiled at the young boy seated to Jacob's left.

"Are you His Grace's Page?"

"Yes, Your Highness." His voice trembled between a boyish squeak and a more mature pitch. "I am Elias."

"Oh, Master Elias, you resemble a friend of mine. A man I like very much. Do you know His Grace of Academy?"

"He is my father, Your Highness."

"Oh, I thought he might be."

"Maybe later you can tell me about your favorite places on Academy. I have been there for years, but I'm not allowed anywhere but the university and the Kype. I'd like to know where I should go when Maester Vincent allows it."

"Yes ma'am. I used to love to go to the Star Falls. And when it's time for the spring festival, you must go to that... ."

"Elias," Jacob admonished him, "please let Her Highness eat. There will be plenty of time to talk about Academy when we are on Citadel."

"Yes, sir," the boy winced. But smiled when he looked up to see the Princess's conspiratorial grin.

When everyone appeared finished with their meals, Jacob motioned for the table to be cleared and dessert to be served. The princess was served first and when she saw the bowl of mint ice cream sprinkled with chocolate pieces placed before her she let out a delighted squeal.

"Jacob! I can't believe you remembered!" She leaned in and kissed him on his cheek in thanks.

He rubbed the back of his neck roughly, but smiled at her happiness. "We want to make sure your time with us is as comfortable as we can make it, Your Highness," he said. "If there is anything you need, anything at all," his eyes emphasized his sincerity, "please let me know."

She smiled at him, causing his heart to thunder in his chest, but turned to her ice cream, savoring every bite.

Chapter 2: Citadel

Fiona admired Citadel as it grew larger in the front viewport of Jacob's ship. She first noticed the several enormous orbiting space stations that she knew billeted soldiers and pilots training for battle. As they approached the day side of the planet she saw it was mostly green dotted with the sapphire blue of lakes, big and small. She could see wide open spaces that she was sure were farms. As they entered the atmosphere she could pick out acres of solar arrays girding the equatorial regions and thousands of wind turbines lining the coasts of the larger bodies of water. As they approached the side shrouded in darkness, she could see the planet's singular city, glowing with light, small villages radiating out from it.

"Oh, Jacob. It's lovely," she murmured to him.

"I'm glad you think so," he said, relieved at her reaction to his home. "My mother still isn't resigned to the rural life. My father used to try very hard to make her happy here but she still misses being in the center of things."

"Terra. Yes, I can see where someone might miss the place. But I never have. The place is empty without... ."

"Mother would like to return to Terra. My grandmother still lives at my uncle's estate. But the Dowager feels she can't leave Citadel without a duchess," Jacob said, meeting Fiona's gaze.

"I'm surprised you've not found a consort, Jake," Fiona said so quietly that Jacob barely heard her. "You had a lady on your arm last I saw you."

Jacob turned to the cruiser's controls when an alarm started sounding. He flipped some switches and took over the hand controls.

"You should strap in, Princess," he said before flipping the comm switch and suggesting the same to the rest of the crew. "We are making our approach for landing."

Jacob eased the ship onto a landing pad in the bailey of city's castle. The cruiser bounced a little and then came to a smooth stop with a gentle bump. Jacob released the controls and flipped some switches causing the vehicle to power down and interior lights to go out to be replaced by emergency lights.

"Welcome to the Kype of Citadel, Your Highness," he said, rising from his seat and offering his hand to help her to her feet.

Jacob escorted Fiona down the gangway from his cruiser to the waiting figure of his mother on the landing platform. Her hand gripping his arm tightly was the only indication he had that she was at all anxious.

"Your Highness," his mother said, inclining her head and dropping into a small curtsy.

"Your Grace," Fiona dropped into a deep curtsy in front of the dowager Duchess. "Thank you for your hospitality."

"Oh, my dear! You are most welcome," the Duchess told her before turning to address her son.

"Jacob, dear," she said, kissing him on either cheek, "I have assigned the Princess to the Lady's Chamber. The palace surgeon is already waiting for her there to care for her wounds."

"Thank you, mother.

"I am sure you will be comfortable there, Princess. No one has occupied those rooms since mother moved out after my father's death. It has a lovely garden attached that I know you will appreciate."

Fiona started to speak, but was interrupted by the tolling of a bell echoing across the city. She saw Jacob tilt his head to one side, listening as the next tone sounded. When the twelfth tone finally faded away, Fiona turned to the Duchess, "I am so sorry for keeping you up so late."

"No need to apologize, my dear. Please, just follow me. I know you must be tired."

***

Hours later Fiona lay in the middle of an enormous bed, wearing a borrowed nightgown, staring up into the fabric-draped canopy, unable to sleep. When she woke this morning in her dormitory on Academy she had no idea that she'd be spending the night on Citadel, let alone that she'd battle Imperial Dog Soldiers on D-702 at mid-day. She wondered how many hours it was since she got up, but she didn't wonder enough to ask. She wanted to sleep, and the pain in her arm and shoulder had subsided considerably since the palace surgeon had applied a topical pain reliever and healing balm. But try as she might, she couldn't get to sleep. Everytime she closed her eyes she saw two intense blue eyes staring at her. Her body ached for him in ways she did not understand.

Jacob lay in his bed, trying to will himself asleep. His brain kept replaying every interaction he'd had with Fiona. He could still feel her lips against his. His body buzzed with a need that he had not felt since... . He willed himself not to think about that. He stroked himself lightly as he thought about her, surely sleeping soundly in the suite connected to his by a short corridor. The suite that would one day be home to his bride.

"Jacob?" At first he thought the soft musical voice was only in his head. Then it came again, accompanied by the 'snick' of the closing of the latch to the door to the Lady's Chamber. "Jacob? I can't sleep," she whispered.

He sat up in bed in an attempt to obscure his erection. The glow of the moons through his tall windows outlined her body. She stood halfway between the door and his bed, her tousled hair shining silver in the moonlight, her eyes wide with apprehension. In the dark he could see her perfect white teeth worry at her lower lip, her eyes cast down in embarrassment.

"Your Highness... you can't be here," he murmured to her. He pulled his robe from where it lay at the foot of his bed and threw it over his shoulders. He knotted the belt at his waist and slid out of the bed, intending to escort her back to her room. When he reached her he could see that her eyes glistened with unshed tears. He lightly held her elbow and could feel her body trembling.

"Jacob? I need... My body needs... I don't know what's going on.

"Help me?" her bright eyes pleaded with him.

She took the small step that brought her body into contact with his. The silky material of her nightgown slid down her shoulder, exposing the soft swell of her left breast to the darkened areola. He moved his hand up to cup it as if mesmerized, he gently ran his thumb across the nipple. She gasped and he felt it harden under his fingers. His eyes returned to her face and watched fascinated as her tongue licked her lips.

"Jacob? Please kiss me, Jacob. I need you to kiss me..." she murmured, leaning her body towards him, tipping her head back and parting her lips. Without thinking, he leaned down and captured her lower lip between his, sucking on it and running his tongue across it. His tongue found her upper lip and licked it too. Her body melted into him as she moaned softly into his mouth. He felt her tug on the belt to his robe and it fell open, allowing his raging member to spring free. Her delicate fingers found his hard, flat stomach and her nails scratched their way down until her palm rested on his manhood. She wrapped her fingers around him, but his girth prevented her fingers from meeting her thumb. She stroked him tentatively and was rewarded with a groan from deep in his chest.

"Fiona," he growled. "We can't do this."

"Don't you want me, Jacob?" she whispered. He could hear the barely suppressed tears in her voice.

"I've never wanted anything as much as I want you," he tried to reassure her. "I've always wanted you. But we can't do this."

"But if I want this and you want this... why can't we?" She stepped away from him and pulled her nightgown off over her head so she stood before him in all her naked glory.

He didn't think it was possible for him to get any harder for her, but somehow he managed it. There was no conscious thought behind his shedding of his robe to the floor nor his hands sliding down her hips to her bare ass to lift her into his arms to carry her to his bed. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders, her fingers raked through his hair, and she rocked her hips against him as he carried her. He climbed the platform next to the bed so he could lay her down, his lips never left hers. He reached out one hand and turned on his bedside lamp. He wanted to see her as he brought her pleasure. The head of his cock found her opening. She moaned as he hovered at her entrance, his voice echoed hers as he started to slide into her. He drew his mouth away from hers in surprise as he felt a barrier he wasn't expecting. Their eyes met for a moment before she rocked her hips forcing him to break through her maidenhead. He watched her eyes widen as a small gasp of pain escaped her lips. He slowly pushed his way further into her until he was fully seated in her sheath. He withdrew so that only the head of his cock remained inside her, before plunging back in. He stroked in and out of her as slowly as he could stand. Her legs wrapped around his hips and she used his body as leverage to lift herself towards him. He focused on bringing her pleasure, stroking her breasts with his hands before sliding his right hand down between them to tease her clitoris, he was rewarded with her gasps and moans to his rhythm.

"Jacob! Jacob!" She moaned breathlessly. "Oh my Gods! Jacob! Don't stop!" He watched a blush that started in her cheeks spread down her body and over her breasts as he brought her to her first climax. He paused in his thrusting to fight his own orgasm as her muscles rippled around him. As her tremors subsided, he pulled out of her. He ignored her protest as he slid down between her legs to bury his face in her folds.

"What are you doing?" she asked shrilly, trying to pull her knees together. He held her thighs open with his hands and licked her.

"I'm loving you with my mouth," he answered before running his lips up the inner thigh of one leg and down the other.

"Oh Gods! You can't! It's too much!" Her chest heaved and her breasts bounced. She thrashed under him, but he was too strong for her. He teased her with his tongue and fingers, tasting the tang of her virgin blood mixed with her juices. When he finally touched her clit with his tongue, she could not contain her scream. He felt her gushing wetness and sealed his tongue against her opening and swallowed her nectar. Before her orgasm ended he pushed himself up her body and thrust into her again, the pleasure that had begun to subside, flared up again as he pumped himself in and out of her with quick, shallow thrusts. Her orgasms flowed on and on and on. Then he drove himself into her one last time, so deep that she gasped with pain at his cock hitting her cervix even over the waves of pleasure she continued to ride. He exploded inside of her, her body milked him for his seed as he shot load after load into her. Then he collapsed on top of her before rolling off to his side and pulling her into him, her head resting under his chin against his chest. They fell asleep in each other's arms.

Hours later Jacob was awakened by his beloved kissing him gently. He felt her soft hands caressing his body, running her fingers through the coarse curly hair on his chest. His hand slid down her side to her hip in response. Her hand fell lower to find his growing manhood. She stroked him as she trailed her lips down his body, licking and nibbling her way down his torso. When her mouth reached his by now fully erect cock she stopped and looked up at him, a question clear in her eyes. He nodded and she crawled between his legs, leaned into him and reached her tongue out to lick the very tip of his manhood. He let out a low groan in response and his hips twitched. She enveloped him in her warm wet mouth and slid her lips down the shaft while her tongue caressed the head. He met her eyes as he hit up against the back of her mouth. She swallowed, taking more of him in than he would have believed her capable of.

"Gods Fi!" His eyes never left hers as she slid her lips up his cock and then back down where she carefully swallowed again. His hands moved to her head and he gathered her hair into his fist. The next time she engulfed him, he pressed her down onto him and her nose was buried in his pubic hair and her chin was against his balls. She started to gag and he released her hair so she could back off.

"Fi. You are full of surprises, but I need to be inside you," he growled at her.

She climbed up his body and straddled him, carefully sliding down to envelop him. Jacob's hands slid over her thighs to her hips then up to her breasts as she rocked on him unhurriedly.

"Ohhhh... Jacob...," she moaned as she rode him. "Touch me, Jacob. Touch me."

He slid one hand down to where their bodies met and used his thumb to worry at her clit while his other hand teased her nipples. She started bouncing up and down on him and his hips rose to match her. Her body bucked and she cried out as her orgasm hit her. Jacob pulled her down against his chest and flipped her over, continuing to drive himself into her causing her to have another scorching climax. He watched as her eyes rolled back in her head and her back arched.

"Gods!" he roared out as he followed her over into ecstasy, his cock exploding inside her, flooding her with his seed. He lay on top of her for a moment, completely spent. He gathered his scattered wits and rolled off of her onto his back, pulling her against his side.

"Fi... Fi...," he murmured. "You need to go back to your room."

"I want to stay with you, Jake. I need to be with you." She rested her head on his chest, her arm across his stomach, holding him tightly.

"Edward is going to kill me," he whispered. "Your mother is going to kill me."

"I love you, Jake."

***

Jacob was jolted awake by the sound of someone pounding on his door. His eyes shot open and he saw late morning sunlight streaming into his room.. His arms were wrapped around his Princess, holding her back firmly against his chest, his hand gently cupping her soft breast. The pounding at his door came again before he could disentangle himself from her.

"Your Grace! Your Grace!" He could hear his guard shouting and the low murmur of conversation outside his door. He grabbed his robe from where it had fallen on the floor and wrapped himself in it as he made his way towards the door. The door opened before he was halfway there. He met the startled eyes of Elias, before seeing his mother stride into the room behind him.