Twelve Realms Ch. 05-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We don't want that," Edward agreed, a wry expression on his face.

"I also had to promise not to use my glamour. Our cousin seems to think I use it to avoid school. Which I never have. I use it to go to lectures that I'm not allowed into because I haven't taken the Stellein."

Edward burst out laughing.

"Hey! It's not funny!"

"Oh, Baby Girl, you know that it is.

"Far be it from me to order Vincent to let you use your glamour. I think you are better off asking him if you can go to the lectures you're interested in."

"Probably," she muttered, embarrassed.

"I will go visit Vincent and discuss your mother's prohibitions. I'll stop by to see you before I leave, though."

"Can you stay for dinner? I don't really have anyone to talk to here," she said with tears in her eyes. "David tries, but he's too busy to give me much time; you need him with you. Maester Vincent basically talks at me. He couldn't care less about what I think."

"Baby Girl, I wish I could stay. But unfortunately I have to get back to Terra. I care very much about what you think, but I have a war council tonight with Warrior Dukedoms. Citadel and Fortress are the most vulnerable to the Empire, but Alcazar and Stronghold must not become our weakest lines of defense. We are going to meet with King Bjorn of Vanguard and talk about additional fortifications and protection of the Beacons."

"Oh." Fiona frowned and her shoulders slumped. "I know that's more important."

Edward gathered her into his arms and held her tightly.

"I promise to visit more often, Baby Girl," he sighed. "If all goes well, I'll come get you so you can spend the Equinox holiday on Terra. Melissa wants to see you and can't travel herself."

"Thank you, brother. I do appreciate it."

Chapter 6: Autumnal Equinox

Edward's personal cruiser arrived on Academy and Fiona and Maester Vincent were there to welcome it.

"Princess, I say to you again that I do not like being put in the middle of this little game your family is playing. If you weren't Princess Royale, your comings and goings would be entirely in my purview and your mother and brother would have no say in any of it."

"Yes, sir," Fiona murmured, her eyes on the ship that's come to take her to Terra.

"Please use this opportunity to further your knowledge of the Land Law that you have chosen to study.."

"Yes, sir."

"Enjoy your time at home on Terra, princess."

"Thank you Maester Vincent. It's been too long."

***

Fiona could feel her mother's eyes on her from where the Dowager Queen sat next to Edward at the far end of the high table. Disapproval radiated from Queen Maeve, her eyes coldly observing her daughter's every interaction. They were at a banquet to celebrate the Autumnal Equinox that would be followed by a grand Bal Masque. Melissa, the Queen Consort, sat at the foot of the table flanked by her father the Duke of Steading and Jacob of Citadel while Fiona sat to Steading's left. She had always liked the Duke and as a child had been especially taken with his enormous white moustache.

"Dear Uncle Ian, it is so good to see Your Grace," Fiona gushed.

His Grace the Duke of Steading guffawed, delighted at the princess's use of his familiar name.

Fiona could feel Jacob's eyes on her from where he sat across from Steading. She lowered her eyes and stole a glance at her secret lover. He seemed to feel no guilt about staring at her in appreciation. She blushed at the desire she saw in his eyes.

"I say, Citadel! The princess is quite enchanting this evening, isn't she?" Duke Ian asked Jacob with a conspiratorial wink. "I haven't seen a young lady glowing with such beauty in quite some time. I think she must be in love. But who could be the lucky gentleman?"

"Yes, Your Grace. The princess is truly stunning," Jacob responded, grinning. "I hope that whosoever has caught her eye is worthy of her."

"But is any man truly worthy of our Royal Princess, Citadel?" Steading chuckled. "She will have no choice but to marry beneath her."

"Stop teasing my sweet sister, you two," the Queen Consort interjected.

Fiona smiled her thanks to the queen.

"You two are terrible," Fiona complained good naturedly. "Who says that I'm in love? I'm too busy with my studies for that."

"Isn't there a prince of Aelfir studying at the University?" Steading wondered aloud. "He would be a good match for Your Highness."

"Ahhh. Tam is one of my classmates," Fiona could see the sharp look Jacob was giving her from across the table. "He is quite skilled at illusions.

"But he has dozens of ladies to choose from, and I'm not one of them. Far from it. He doesn't care for 'half-breeds'."

"What are you studying then, my dear?" Steading asked her, attempting to change the subject. "What is keeping you so busy?"

"Maester Vincent is allowing me to study the Land Law spells that link the Royal House to the Dukedoms. Spells have been woven in our blood over a thousand generations. No one really knows what they all do. I want to know."

"That sounds fascinating," Ian said. "I know Terra and Citadel are bound together, but I am not aware that any of the other Dukedoms have the same."

"All do to some extent, but Terra and Citadel are the two of the Twelve Realms that are the most closely tied together."

"Ah. Interesting. I look forward to hearing about what you discover in your studies.

"How long are you staying here on Terra?"

"Maester Vincent insists that I return after the Equinox celebration," Fiona responded. "I do intend to spend some time in the Wilds before I go," she said, looking at Jacob. "I have some research to do."

***

Fiona arrived at the Bal Masque in a costume that had put a huge smile on her face when she saw it. She couldn't wait to thank Edward for his gift. She wore a gown of dark blue-black velvet encrusted in pale gems that formed constellations. Her half mask formed a moon with her elaborately styled hair and her pale decolletage. With her ears covered by her costume, she felt nearly anonymous - almost human.

She floated along the edge of the ballroom and stopped to get a cup of punch and stood to watch the other costumed guests. She bounced from group to group listening to the gossip of different groups of Lords and Ladies. Many groups spoke of the war, others of the Queen Consort's pregnancy.

"Did you see the mongrel princess at dinner?" She heard one of the ladies say to her companions. "How dare she defile His Grace of Citadel?"

"I am sure he is only there as a favor to His Majesty. I'm sure His Majesty is embarrassed by his half-breed sister."

"I mean, she's disgusting. Thank the Gods the king will soon have issue. Can you imagine having the child of that half-breed as our king?"

Fiona slipped out to one of the balconies so she could compose herself before returning to the ball. She had been having a wonderful evening until she felt it crash down at the cruel words of these ladies. She stood looking out over the city lights and gulped air in an attempt to calm herself and fight back tears. She felt arms settle around her from behind and she stiffened in fear. A voice spoke directly into her ear.

"Edward has outdone himself with your costume, beloved."

Fiona turned in the circle of his arms to face Jacob. She smiled to see him, his blue eyes twinkling behind a half mask of gold. He wore a tremendous wig of cascading golden hair, a tricorn hat, crimson velvet breeches and waistcoat and a violently purple coat embroidered in gold. He was a pirate rogue from the top of his head to the tips of his shiny boots and she laughed in delight at seeing him.

"Are we...? We are! The Night Sky and the Pirate King!" Fiona exclaimed. "When did you figure him out?"

"Not until I saw the beautiful moon drifting around the room drift out to get some air.

"I heard them too, beloved," Jacob kissed her softly. "The Countess of Waverly is jealous of you. She has neither your beauty, nor your wit, nor your honesty, nor your intellect. She is in all ways your inferior and she knows it. The only thing she can do is tear you down. Her hangers on are pitiful. You need not pay attention to any of them.

"Shall we dance?"

Fiona and Jacob joined the dancing circles for the next round. Fiona found herself dancing with various dukes and other peers and her brother, before returning to the arms of her beloved.

"Jacob? Can we just sit together for a while," she murmured into his ear. "I'm tired all of the sudden."

"Of course, beloved," he guided her to some tables set up along the wall. "I'll go get you something to drink, shall I?"

"Yes, please. Lemonade, would be wonderful."

While Fiona sat and waited for Jacob to return, she listened to the other groups of guests sitting near her. She saw the Duke of Steading, his mustache giving his identity away, sitting with a small group.

"Have you heard?" one of the ladies near him said.

"Heard what, now?" Steading responded goodnaturedly.

"About the princess." Fiona's ears perked up. What was the new rumor about her now?

"The princess is a delight," Steading grumbled at them.

"She certainly has been delighting Jacob," the first speaker tittered. "I hear that her mother had to go to Citadel personally drag her from his bed. She was throwing herself at the Duke, being a real embarrassment to the crown."

"Jacob has always had a soft spot for that mongrel. I suppose it's due to the fact she saved his life in that attack on the old pier when they were children."

"I suppose that it is none of our business," Steading earned anew a special place in Fiona's heart. "I do not wish to hear any further rumors about Her Highness."

Jacob distracted her by setting a drink and a small plate of assorted fruits and cheeses down in front of her before sitting down himself.

"This wig is ungodly hot," he complained, picking a morsel of food off of her plate. "And I am sure Edward has been laughing behind his hand all night. But I have to keep up the disguise so that no one will notice Citadel spending an inappropriate amount of time dancing with Her Royal Highness."

"Yes, especially since rumors of a dalliance have reached my ears," she met his eyes and could see her lips trembling below the bottom of her mask.

"From what I've heard while bouncing about the room, the affair between Her Royal Highness and His Grace of Citadel is the worst kept secret in the Twelve Realms."

"No!" she exclaimed, drawing the attention of some of the neighboring party goers. "Mama is going to be unhappy with me," she said, her voice dropping to a sad whisper.

"I know what will take your mind off of your mother. Let's dance another circle?"

They fell in a slower dance where they didn't exchange partners. They looked into each other's eyes as they twirled around. The room seemed to disappear. The universe contracted to just the two of them.

***

The next morning Fiona, clad in a long gown of blue raw silk, had just sat down to breakfast with Melissa when there came a polite knock at the door. Melissa motioned for one of her ladies to greet their visitor. In minutes a blushing Elias was ushered in to their presence.

"Your Majesty, Your Highness," he greeted them with a perfect bow that had Fiona smiling on him in approval.

"Nicely done, sweet Elias. What brings you to the Queen's Chambers?" Fiona asked.

"His Grace of Citadel sent me to you, Your Highness. He said you mentioned spending time in the Wilds today and wondered whether you would like company?"

"Oh, yes, Elias! I would very much like His Grace's company. I was planning to go directly after breakfast with Melissa. Could you ask him to meet me at the stables an hour and a half from now?"

"Of course, Your Highness."

Elias bowed out from the Queen's Chamber to take Fiona's response to his master.

"Dear sister," the Queen smiled, "Ed and I are happy to see you happy with Jacob. I have dozens of questions. Ever since Ed told me about the two of you... Well, it has certainly cast some events in a different light, don't you think?"

"Ha! I am sure of that, Melissa. I can't remember a time when I didn't love Jacob. But, well, Mama and Papa made it very clear that there was no way we'd ever be together. I am still not sure that it will ever be possible, regardless of what Ed says. All I can do is spend as much time with Jacob as I can. We had dozens of cycles taken away from us...," tears gathered in Fiona's eyes.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty," Fiona said, dashing her tears away with the backs of her hands. "I... Let's not talk about me. I want to know about you. How are you feeling? Have you picked out a name for my nephew?"

"Now you've done it! You will regret asking because there's nothing I want to talk about more..."

***

Jacob had two horses already saddled and ready to go when Fiona arrived at the stables. He wore old jeans and boots and a flannel shirt in the red and blue tartan of the House of Citadel. She had on well-worn dungarees, a t-shirt that hugged her breasts, and riding boots. She fell into his arms and they kissed for the first time since Fiona had been dragged away from Citadel by her mother.

"Gods! I missed you, Fi," Jacob said, holding her tightly against him.

"Me too, Jake.

"Mother forbade me to see you while I'm here," Fiona took a step away from him. "I've never directly defied her like this before..."

"Your mother is worried about you. I... When we were together on Citadel it was easy to forget what she told me when she separated us. She said that you would die if we stayed together."

"I know. She explained it to me when she took me back to Academy. She thinks that now that I've grown into my magic... it's still dangerous for me... for us... but...

"I'd really rather not talk about it."

"It seems like maybe we should talk about it, though."

"Please, Jake?," Fiona said, placing her hand on his chest. "Not now? I just want to spend time with you."

He made a face like he was going to press the issue, but then his face softened and he gave her a slight nod.

"Shall we ride, then?"

The Terran Wilds were contained on a series of medium and small islands to the south and east of the big island that was home to the Kype. During low tide, the islands could be reached via fording from the lower bailey, but were otherwise inaccessible. Only the royal family had access in any case and as children, Ed and Jacob, and later Fiona, had spent hours playing among the trees, rivers, and ponds. They rode their horses along the familiar paths to the biggest of the Wild islands and dismounted.

"I missed this place," Fiona said, a radiant smile lighting her face. "I hadn't realized how much until I went with you to the Wilds of Citadel."

"I used to love coming here with Ed. We would build forts and rafts to take on the river ..."

"And remember that little house we built?"

"We should see if it's still there... Do you think you can find it?"

Fiona took his hand and led him through the dense underbrush until they arrived at a lush clearing. In the grass there was an outline of a square, perhaps eight by eight, made of wood logs twisted together.

"It is not as impressive as it was in my imagination," Fiona laughed.

"Well, with prohibition form using tools in the Wilds... I think we did as well as any children could have," Jake chuckled.

"I think even then I just wanted to have a home with you," Fiona responded wistfully.

Jake smiled and leaned down to kiss her. "You will always have a home with me."

They kissed softly for several minutes before Fiona pulled away, her fingers still entwined with Jake's. She tugged him along behind her until they reached the beach on the far east side of the island, where she plopped down in the sand with a sigh.

"I've always thought this was the closest you could get to being alone on Terra. You can't see the Kype and the Kype can't see you."

"The river separates you from the part of the city over there," Jake gestured with his hand toward the east as he eased himself down next to her.

"Yes.

"I always prefered to play over here, you know? But Ed wanted to play in the city."

"And I just went wherever Ed led me," Jake sighed.

"Of course, Jake. You are Citadel. That's your job. To go where Edward leads. It's more than in your blood. It's in your soul wrapped up in spells."

"Sometimes... I wish... Well, I wish I knew when I was doing things because I think I should versus doing it because of who I am."

"I'm not sure if there is a difference, though. But I'm pretty sure that our love was not caused by the spells linking our Houses."

"True. But it was your magic that ensnared me there," Jacob said, shaking his head.

"No. I mean, not really," Fiona whispered. "My magic made me fall in love with you. You just fell in love with a girl who loved you. That's how it usually happens, right?"

"Ha! I suppose it is. Doesn't matter now, anyway," Jake smiled. "You are stuck with me."

Fiona drew him into a kiss and their tongues danced against each other. He pushed her down onto her back in the sand, causing her to moan her need into his mouth. Storm clouds gathered over their heads. He tugged up her shirt and exposed her breasts, his tongue lapping at the one while his hand toyed with the other. She twitched and gyrated her body under him, her hands tugged at Jacob's shirt, unbuttoning it as quickly as she could so he could shrug it off and then pull of his undershirt. His hands went to the buttons of her pants and he had them off in moments. She just as quickly worked his pants open and then down over his legs and off. Once there were no barriers between their bodies, he slid himself on top of her, his legs pushing her knees apart. Their mouths explored each other, their hands slid and caressed each other's skin while small bolts of lightning played across the sky to the tune of grumbling thunder.

"Jake... Jake... I need you," Fiona murmured.

He kissed her down her body, his mouth moving down from her mouth and along her neck, then down to lavish attention on her heaving breasts. Her hands pulled on his short hair, pressing his face into her body. He used his hands to spread her thighs, his mouth teasing down one leg and up the other as his hands traced ever-widening arcs toward her core.

"Stop teasing me," she moaned.

His tongue found her swollen clitoris and he sucked it hard into his mouth. Her back bowed and her scream split the air just as a streak of lightning rent the sky accompanied by the loud crack of thunder. He licked her and stroked her with his fingers and soon she was rocking against this face and moaning out her pleasure, thunder echoing her every gasp. He could feel as she built towards her climax as he thrust his fingers in and out of her.

"Gods Jake! I'm so close! Gods!" she shouted and her orgasm overtook her. She cried out and a series of lightning strikes hit so close that their hair stood on end.

Jake reared up over her body and thrust his cock into her in one motion. He looked into her eyes and gasped. He was startled to see her violet irises glowing with an inner light.

"Don't you dare stop Jake!" Fiona hissed. "Don't you dare stop!" She wrapped her legs around his hips and drew him into her. He could feel the gritty sand that was stuck to her sweaty legs scraping across his skin.

"Gods Fi! Are you okay?" Jake continued to work himself in and out of her and couldn't help noticing how her skin tingled at his touch.

"Just don't stop," she growled in response, her hands gripping his shoulders as she thrust her hips up to take him in deep. "Harder!"

Jake did as he was ordered, lifting her hips and driving himself into her harder and faster, racing towards his own climax.