Twin Breasts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
oggbashan
oggbashan
1,529 Followers

"True. I haven't got a reputation to lose. I've lost it."

That sounded heartfelt.

"Is it that bad?" I asked.

"Sometimes, yes. My parents haven't spoken to me for months. They could cope with me being unexpectedly pregnant. They can't understand that I don't want to share my life with the father, or that I haven't told him."

"Why didn't you tell him? I know what you said on the train. It doesn't sound like the whole story. Is it?"

"No."

Helen sipped her drink and stared out to sea for several minutes. I didn't press her. If she wanted to tell me, she could. If she didn't...

"Peter, can we go to your place, now?"

"Of course."

"I want to tell you about him. I'd rather do it somewhere not so public. I might cry."

"You can have my shoulder anytime."

"Thank you. I might need it."

Helen closed her eyes for the first half hour as drove carefully. She opened them again and began to take notice of the countryside.

When we were only a few miles from my house I remembered that I hadn't mentioned what it was like. It might be a shock.

"Helen?"

"Yes?"

"I ought to warn you about my house."

"Why? Is there a madwoman in the attic? Or a ghost?"

"No. It's just rather large."

"Large? What do you call large?"

"You'll see in a couple of minutes."

"You are a bachelor, aren't you? You haven't got a house full of children?"

"No children. No one else lives there. Just me -- in a lot of space."

We had reached the gates. I turned in, crossing the cattle grid very slowly.

"How far is it down this road?" Helen asked as we drove through the park.

"About half a mile."

I slowed down to let a couple of deer cross the road.

"Deer?" Helen asked.

"About thirty of them."

"Yours?"

I nodded.

"And the park?"

I nodded again. The house came into view with the sun shining on the West front. It always looks impressive with the sun from the West. The windows reflected the sun back at us.

"Is that it?" Helen whispered.

"Yes. That's my home. Lakehall. I've had it about three years."

"Who owned it before you?"

"It was part of our local hospital. They had used it as a mental asylum until the new one was built at the end of the 1960s. Then they let it run down. I bought it to rescue it."

"Rescue?"

"It was in a bad way. Part of the roof had collapsed. Most of the windows were broken."

"It doesn't look like is neglected now."

"It isn't. I've nearly finished the repairs and restoration. Then I'll sell it."

"Sell it?"

We had arrived at the portico. I stopped the car under the carriage arch.

"Yes. I mean to sell it. I bought it as an investment. I wanted it to live again. It will with an owner who appreciates it."

"And you don't?"

"I do. But it is a bit over the top for a single man. Or even a modern family."

We got out of the car and laboriously climbed the few wide stone steps to the front doors. I put my key in the rather mundane Yale lock and opened both large doors. We entered the hall. As I disarmed the burglar alarm I watched Helen carefully. She was looking around and upwards. The hall is designed to impress with a grand double staircase sweeping down two stories. The marble columns shone in the sun streaming through the windows.

"Wow!"

"Wow is the word I used when I first saw this. Even though the stone was covered in pale green paint, there was water all over the floor and dead leaves everywhere. I knew that it could look like this again. Now it does and I'm proud of what I've done."

Helen hugged me.

"And so you should be. Saving this house is a really great thing to have done. But living in it? What would that be like?"

"Not too bad. If you come this way..."

I led Helen through the inconspicuous door behind the arch of the grand staircase into my apartment. In what had been the butler's and footmen's quarters I had made a modern oasis. By comparison with the bulk of Lakehall it was cosy and intimate. Anywhere else it would be a very large apartment. In the summer sitting room I guided Helen to the settee. She still seemed dazed by the scale of my home.

"I thought this room would be best. The toilets are through there," I said indicating a double door, "and this is closest to the kitchen. The kitchen isn't really equipped for comfortable sitting because even in this apartment I have a dining room and three living rooms."

"And how many bedrooms, Peter?"

"In the apartment? Five. In the main house there are six principal bedrooms and ten secondary bedrooms. The servants' quarters in the basement and third floor? I haven't counted. This apartment was where the male servants lived and worked. There were far more women than men. I think some of them shared rooms. In the 1911 census the record showed four indoor male servants including the butler, and forty-five women. Lakehall became a hospital for war wounded in 1915 and remained a hospital until I bought it."

"I think I need to use the toilet, Peter."

"Through there, Helen."

"OK. You stay sitting. Back soon."

She was. She had a smile on her face.

"You did say toilets, Peter, but I didn't expect that."

"This room was the reception area for the hospital. The toilets were for visitors and staff. They didn't look like that when I bought Lakehall. They were disgusting after several years of disuse. My plumbers and builders did a good job, didn't they?"

"Yes, Peter. Those toilets wouldn't disgrace a five-star hotel. But who keeps them clean? You?"

"No. There are five ladies from the village who come in to clean Lakehall."

"Five? How much do they cost?"

"Not as much as you'd think. They do about five hours each every week working for a cleaning company they run. They cost me less than a full time person would because the work for me is constant but can be fitted around their other customers. If one of them doesn't come on a Monday then she could come on a Tuesday, or Wednesday. It doesn't matter to me as long as it averages twenty-five hours a week."

"I would have thought they need to work longer than that for a place this size, Peter?"

"Not really because most rooms are unused. They do a quick once-over of several empty rooms every month. It takes them a year to do everywhere but it's easy because there is no furniture or carpets. The curtains are cheap modern blackout material made by a local seamstress. They can be washed in a machine."

"So your apartment is the only part that is furnished and lived in?"

"Yes, Helen, and I clean that myself -- or rather I did until I smashed my ankle. The cleaners have temporarily added the apartment to their schedule and slowed down the rota for the rest of Lakehall to compensate. Enough about Lakehall. You were going to tell me about the twins' father."

Helen's face fell. She settled herself against my shoulder.

"Yes, I should. I don't want to but if you and I are going anywhere, you should know. I was at a conference in Bath, the only one from my company there. It was really important that we should have a presence because many clients and potential customers would be there but it clashed with three other events. My then boyfriend didn't agree that it was so important that I should abandon him when he had a few days' leave due.

The argument between us escalated and I became an ex-girlfriend at the end. I went to the conference feeling depressed. When I got there I met another ex-boyfriend. We had parted amicably a couple of years earlier when he was sent to Hong Kong. But his girlfriend had also objected to him going to the conference. One thing led to another and we had sympathy sex, for old time's sake, perhaps. I was on the pill but I had a slightly upset stomach and the pill didn't work.

I kept thinking the stomach upset was because of stress until a female colleague suggested I should do a pregnancy test. I was pregnant and too far advanced to do anything about it. My ex-boyfriend had made up with his girlfriend. They were now engaged -- again -- and invited me to their wedding. I couldn't tell the groom that I was pregnant with his child. At the time I didn't know it was twins. My ex-boyfriend had taken a contract in Dubai, and anyway we had said such things to each other that there was no way back for us. So I decided to have the twins on my own, my twins, no one else's. So here I am -- vastly pregnant and due any day now."

"But not alone, Helen. You have me, and your helpful neighbours such as Andrew and his wife. Do you feel like eating yet? I can't offer much except microwaved ready meals. Normally I can cook but not with this ankle."

"OK. I could use the microwave if you show me the kitchen, Peter."

We waddled into the kitchen.

"We could sit down in here, Peter. It's large enough."

It is. There is a large kitchen table with half a dozen upright chairs beside it. I gingerly lowered myself to one of the chairs and winced.

"But not very comfortable," I said.

"A microwaved meal shouldn't take very long," Helen said as she opened the fridge. "Chicken dinners do?"

"Anything," I replied.

"OK. Chicken dinners it is."

A few minutes later we were sitting side by side with the meals on the kitchen table. Helen's mobile phone rang. She answered it and her face fell as she listened.

"OK, Andrew, thanks for telling me. That could be a problem... Joan would? That would be a great help... I'll ring you back in a few minutes."

"Problem?" I asked.

"Andrew told me the lift has broken down and possibly won't be fixed for a week. I can't get down four flights of stairs if I'm having contractions. One of the other neighbours has offered me a bed on the ground floor but I'm reluctant. They have a yappy terrier that would object to me as it does to any visitors. I'd have to get some clothes from my flat. That is just possible now. It wouldn't be if I went into labour. Andrew's wife Joan has offered to get some of my clothes downstairs."

"How about staying here at Lakehall as my guest? There are only the few steps from the portico..."

"Are you sure, Peter?"

"There's plenty of room, even in this apartment. I'd be delighted if you would stay."

"OK. Thanks. I've got overnight things in my emergency case. If we could go to the apartment block tomorrow Joan could get me a couple of changes of clothing."

"Then do it. Ring Andrew back and tell him you're staying with me."

Helen did and arranged for us to meet Joan tomorrow morning. Helen got her emergency bag out of my car.

+++

The next couple of weeks was like a holiday for both of us. Helen had expected to be isolated at Lakehall. We weren't. Apart from the cleaners there were the builders making ensuite bathrooms in the main house, the gardeners and the farmer who helped maintain the grounds in exchange for using some of the parkland for his sheep. Helen and I were frequently making coffee for them.

They all seemed to approve of Helen and her impact on me. I showed her around the house and we borrowed the gardener's propane fuelled cart to tour the grounds. One day we took the motorboat out on the extensive lake that gave Lakehall its name. The lake was next year's project for me. It needed dredging in places and some of the foliage overhanging the water should be trimmed back. I would need specialist contractors for the dredging and heavy equipment but that could wait.

At my suggestion Helen invited Andrew and Joan to visit us one afternoon. They enjoyed walking around the parkland and a trip on the lake. They were a pleasant elderly couple who obviously liked Helen. Apparently, until Helen became vastly pregnant she had helped them with some small maintenance tasks in their flat and for some of her other neighbours. Andrew and Joan had been concerned that Helen was away, but they too seemed to approve of Helen's relationship with me.

Every evening Helen wanted me to meet Emma and Jane for a smothering. At night she shared the large double bed. Emma and Jane pressed against my back when my face wasn't deep between them. The twins often kicked me as well as Helen. Anything else was almost impossible because of Helen's massive bump although I did try kissing her pussy. That was a mistake. It woke up the twins and Helen had to rush to the toilet. Afterwards I concentrated on Helen's breasts, Emma and Jane.

My ankle was becoming easier because Helen could do things I shouldn't but we were both restricted in what we could do. We didn't need to do much. The visiting workers would and could lend a hand for many things. The cleaning ladies did the washing and brought shopping for us.

It was a blissful break from normal, but both of us were always aware that Helen could go into labour at any time. Her suitcase was by the front door and my father's car was parked under the portico. Helen wanted to call an ambulance if she started contractions but the ambulance station was at least twenty minutes away and I could get her to the hospital's maternity unit in a quarter of an hour.

Helen had told her doctors' surgery and the hospital of her temporary change of address. On a Friday morning the community midwife called for an antenatal check. She was very happy with Helen's general health and condition if surprised by the size of Lakehall. She was concerned about the size of the twins. She suggested to Helen that she should be admitted to the antenatal department later today. Helen objected strongly. She didn't want to spend days in a hospital bed.

I escorted the midwife to her car. Once out of the house she said to me:

"I'm seriously worried about Helen, Peter. She isn't going to have an easy labour with the size the twins are now. If they get even larger? That might mean a caesarean in a hurry. Will you make sure she comes to hospital as soon as there are any signs of labour, please? Don't let her wait."

"Yes, I'll do my best but as the boyfriend I haven't got much authority. I can't pick her up..."

I lifted my crutches.

"I know. Helen's told me that you're not the father but you are responsible for Helen and her twins now. You'll do your best?"

"Of course. I love her."

"That's obvious. So is her love for you. She's going to need your support for weeks after the birth."

"She'll have it, and all the resources I have."

"Thank you, Peter. Here's my card. Take it to the hospital with my message on the back."

The message said 'Please admit Helen immediately and monitor closely'.

"If she is admitted I'll be there as quickly as I can but they've got all the details of my examination. Your wifi is amazingly fast."

"It is -- for my work. Thank you for looking after Helen."

"You're doing more than I can."

The midwife surprised me by giving me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. She smiled.

"I can do that because you're NOT my patient, and it's a thanks for all you are doing."

She climbed in her car and drove off. I went back to Helen who was sitting in a comfortable armchair looking tired.

"OK?" I asked.

"The examination was awkward. What were you talking to the midwife about?"

"She wanted me to look after you..."

"I'm looking after you, Peter, as are Emma and Jane,"

"And all three of you are doing a great job, but when the twins start to come -- I'm looking after all five of you."

"If you say so, Peter."

+++

Helen was washing up after Monday morning's breakfast when she suddenly stiffened and winced.

"What is it?" I asked.

"The first contraction -- I think," she replied, gently rubbing her bulge.

"Leave the washing-up. We're going to the hospital -- now!"

Helen argued but I persuaded her. Five minutes later we were on our way. I had used my mobile while she was in the toilet. She had another contraction when we were turning into the maternity unit's car park. I stopped in the set down area and helped her inside the unit. A nurse met us just inside the doors. I handed the midwife's card to her, message side up. The nurse nodded.

"We were expecting you, Helen," the nurse said. "Come this way."

"I'll park the car and be back in a couple of minutes," I said.

Helen gave me a weak smile.

"Be sure you are back soon, Peter. I need you."

It took me much longer than I expected. There were no spaces at all in the hospital's car park. I had to go to the multi-storey car park and its lifts weren't working. I made a short call on my mobile to Andrew. He would tell Helen's parents for me. It was twenty minutes before I was back at the maternity unit and my ankle was telling me I had done too much.

Helen had been changed into a hospital gown and was wired up to several monitors. The nurse who showed me into Helen's cubicle told us to watch the figures on two of the monitors. If the numbers started to rise we should press on the bell push beside the bed and someone would come. Just before she left the nurse said:

"Sorry to leave you like this, but we've had a sudden rush of mothers this morning..."

The two monitors stayed steady. Helen and I could relax and rest.

"You brought me here too early," Helen complained. "I've only had two contractions twenty minutes apart and none since. There was no need to rush so much, Peter."

"The midwife who came on Friday morning didn't agree, Helen. She told me to get you here as fast as possible once there was any indication."

"She didn't tell me," Helen objected.

"Would you have listened? She wanted you to be admitted then and you wouldn't let her."

"No, I wouldn't. A whole weekend just lying around here when I could be looking after you? It would have been a waste of time and hospital space. Even now I think I'm here far too soon when the unit is overworked. And who is going to look after you when I've had the twins?"

"Don't worry about that. I've got it in hand."

"Without asking me?"

"I didn't want to worry you..."

"I'm more worried about not knowing how we will cope. You've done too much on that ankle today. Who is going to get a nursery set up? Everything for the twins is in my flat."

I looked at my watch.

"In two hour's time it won't be. Andrew told me the lift is going to take another month. My builders will shift everything as directed by Andrew and Joan. There will be a nursery at Lakehall this afternoon, and two substitute grandparents in residence."

"Substitute grandparents? Who?"

"Andrew and Joan, of course. They're delighted to be of help until your parents can get here."

"My parents? How do they know?"

"Joan, and Andrew. They've met your parents and have kept in touch with updates about you."

"I should be angry -- but I suppose it's a relief, knowing we, and you, will have help. But facing my parents might be awkward."

"Probably not. Andrew said they are looking forward to being grandparents even if they disapproved of you not saying who was the father for the twins."

"You and Andrew seem to have assumed a lot about what I would want, Peter. I'm not sure I like being organised that much."

"It's only temporary while the lift is out of action," I protested.

"But you could have asked me what I wanted instead of organising my life for me."

At that point I noticed the monitors were showing a rise. I reached for the bell push and pressed it.

"What are you doing?" Helen squeaked.

"Look -- those signals are increasing, Helen."

"But you should have told me, and not just acted..."

At that point a midwife rushed in, looked at the monitors, and asked Helen:

"Any contractions?"

"No. Not since I arrived," Helen replied.

"OK. I'm going to get the consultant -- now!"

The midwife rushed out.

"What does that mean?" Helen asked me.

"I've no idea, Helen." I replied.

Within less than a minute the midwife was back with an obviously senior doctor. He looked at the monitors and then examined between Helen's legs. I heard him swear under his breath but when he spoke to Helen his voice was reassuring.

oggbashan
oggbashan
1,529 Followers