Two of a Kind Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cia81
Cia81
1,160 Followers

She had a cat scent overlaid with a sweetness he'd never smelled from his clan's infants before.

"Her eyes are just like Velli's. Shiny and black like obsidian with those long dark lashes so thick they look like her eyes are smudged all around with soft black charcoal." She was a beautiful little girl. Cavel couldn't take his eyes off of her and when he touched her hand all he could do was stroke the skin that was softer than anything he had ever felt.

He didn't know how long they sat just staring at her.

"She's perfect," Cavel whispered. "Do you know her name?"

"Caliopa." At the sound of her name her little eyes blinked open and she smiled up at them. She snuggled back into Bashta's chest.

"What does that mean?" Cavel continued to stroke her hand and she let go of Bashta's shirt and grabbed his finger. "Oh, she's strong," he marveled. Her fingers clutched at his and he felt a wave of tenderness.

"Beautiful. Her name means beautiful."

"Hmm, it fits." Cavel rested his head on Bashta's shoulder. Together they held the baby that already felt like a part of them. Cavel would do anything in his power to keep her safe. With one touch of her hand she had touched his heart.

Bashta leaned his head back and turned to look at Cavel's profile. "Can we take her home?"

"Yes." Cavel turned his head to kiss his mate tenderly on the mouth. He pulled back and smiled. "Let's go right now." He stood and carefully helped Bashta up, steering him for the door.

Bashta let him lead the way, glancing down frequently to the sleepy kitling. "Velaku won't be upset?"

Cavel shook his head. "No. The need to bond with her is biological. He will understand."

Bashta frowned. "I don't just want her because it's biological. I love her already, Cavel. She is my blood."

Cavel soothed him with a hand on his back. They stood just outside the door, the blue sky stretching out in front of the cliff face eyrie bringing out the bluish highlights in his mate and the kitling's hair. The warm wind shifted her heavy curls and she shivered.

Cavel turned so he blocked the breeze, brushing the soft hair back from the beautiful face. He knew exactly what Bashta meant. "I know, love. I didn't mean it like that, I love her too. I just want to be together at home with our new kitling. She may not be our own child together but already she's ours.

"I want to spend some time alone as a family with you and Caliopa. Then I want to introduce our new family to our clan."

Bashta leaned up and kissed Cavel back. "That sounds perfect. I love you."

"I love you too."

The End.

Story TBC in the Snake's story, Hypnotic.

Cia81
Cia81
1,160 Followers