Unbroken Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

William on the other hand was moving his eyes slowly, carefully examining every object in that room. Surely, there had to be some sort of key to a secret door right? So he was examining each and every object in that room. He just wanted the fucking scepter so that his fucking heart could calm down. He knew if he didn't get that scepter to his kingdom, his father was not only gonna be disappointed but he was gonna punish him as well.

William moved his eyes carefully till he reached the statue behind the throne. It was a big golden statue of a man holding some sort of fire. He paused and then carefully examined the statue, making sure that he was being accurate and careful.

He started with the head and began going down but when his eyes reached what looked like a flame...he paused and carefully examined.

"Hmm," He wondered as he rubbed on his temple softly. "Something is definitely not right here."

Yes he was right. Instead of the flame being the way it normally would...it was upside down and it made things suspicious. "Now why would a flame be facing upside down unless...unless...?"

William excitedly got up from the couch. A bright smile appeared on his face and his heart raced. "I got it." His voice filled the entire room, making the three warlocks rise. "I think I have got it now."

"What?" One of the warlocks asked.

"Wait!"

Taking a deep breath, William began rushing to the statue. He was really fast and he reached it in a few seconds. Reaching the big golden statue, William slowly moved his hands to the flame like statue. He placed his hands on it and prayed his suspicions were right or else...

William tried to move it and it surely moved. He started moving the statue like flame, carefully moving it upwards. It moved swiftly and reached its peak. It was now in the right way. As soon as he placed that flame in the right way, he heard a soft noise like that of a stone moving.

"Oh my God," One of the warlocks gasped.

"What is it?" William raised his head and looked at the man. "What are you..."

"Look..." The man pointed.

Moving his eyes away, he followed the direction the warlock was pointing and when his eyes reached the place where the warlock pointed, William's heart pounded with joy. His breaths became really harsh and adrenaline pumped to the rest of his body, sending nothing but power all over him.

Right in front of him on a wall was the beautiful golden scepter with a huge diamond ball at the top. It was in what looked like a golden box on the wall where that door had opened. It sparkled brightly and it was marvelous. God! It was really marvelous.

He felt really charged up and gave a loud sinister laugh that filled the entire room. His breaths were really violent and quite harsh. He was chuckling like an evil war lord because he was feeling really happy.

"Finally..." He gasped, slowly moving towards the wall. "...I can't believe it. Finally..." He laughed loudly. "We have finally gotten what we came here for. We can finally go back to our kingdom and deliver this beautiful scepter. Father will be really proud..."

The three warlocks gave sinister laughs while evil grins appeared on their faces. Their hearts were pounding in their chest and everything felt amazing and beautiful. They couldn't deny the joy and total control they felt.

William was close. He could almost touch it. It was almost in his hands and he...he was just a second away. He took a hand to grab it and leave but something happened, something that left him dumbstruck. As he was about to grab that scepter it just moved from there and only god knows where it went. He couldn't see it anymore. He looked all around and couldn't see it. He had almost had it and now it had disappeared. Something was definitely not right. Now he was panicking.

"Where is it?" He snapped, looking all around. "Where the fuck is..."

"I knew you were up to something." A voice was heard throughout the throne room.

Hearing that voice, that really familiar voice, William felt a really sharp vibration on his spine. He was totally panicking and panting. He quickly moved his eyes to the direction of the voice and got the surprise of his life when he saw...Aidan smiling and holding the scepter carefully in his hands.

Seeing Aidan, William felt mad. He was really mad and he was not gonna spare him for anything in this world. He felt like something, a fire had just entered his body. Now he was furious. He was looking at Aidan with a pure look of hatred. He hated him.

"I knew that excuse from yesterday was just too lame." Aidan chuckled.

Aidan was in the throne room with the scepter in his hands. He had actually used his mind to move the scepter from its original place. Now it was in his hands and he wasn't gonna let it go. The priest had told him to believe and that was what he did. He just concentrated and the scepter came to him.

Actually that had been all Aidan's plan. After the priest had spoken to him, he had begun to wonder and think. Then he came up with the idea of taking his family to his granny so that he could find out what they were after. He had given a stupid excuse and now he was here. Actually he had known ever since he found those sleeping guards outside. He had waited for them to find what they were looking for before...finally letting them know that he was seeing what they were doing.

"You?" William bellowed as he gave Aidan angry eyes. "Why the fuck did you..."

"Oh please..." Aidan rolled his eyes. "I knew you were up to something the moment I met you. Now I have confirmed it. You were after the king's scepter and..."

"Give me that and you won't get hurt." William roared, extending his hand. "I don't know how it got to you but give me that..."

"Arrr..." Aidan covered his mouth and yawned mockingly. "Sorry...what did you..."

"You stupid..."

"I will handle this..." The blonde haired warlock said, confidently moving towards Aidan, chuckling softly while a smirk appeared on his face. "...I know how to deal with boys like this. He won't ever attempt to do this to another...warlock."

The blonde haired guy stretched his arms and then extended his hand straight at Aidan. He immediately began enchanting and before he could finish it...he was sent flying high in the air, screaming like a ninny. He hit the wall in the room and then fell to the ground, wincing like a little kid.

William watched in horror as the warlock, one of the strongest he had come to know winced on that floor like a little child after being beaten. Then he moved his eyes towards Aidan and took a few steps behind. He was suddenly scared but he wasn't gonna show it. He looked at the remaining warlocks and saw the horror in their eyes.

"Who are you?" The red haired warlock asked, slightly trembling. "Are you a warlock?"

"Who cares?" Prince William quavered. "Deal with him before..."

Before William could finish the sentence the two remaining warlocks were sent flying as well. In no time they were all wincing in pain. William on the other hand was trembling. He couldn't tear his eyes away from the smiling boy that gave him creeps.

"Who...who are you?"

"I should be asking you that question." Aidan yelled. "Who the hell are you and what do you want with the king's scepter? What do you want to use it for?"

"Well...we were only sent to..."

"Surely, you can't embark on a mission without having any knowledge of it would you?"

"I...we were not allowed to ask questions." He lied, slightly trembling. "Actually, we didn't even want to go on this mission because..."

"Are you even a prince?" Aidan frowned as he got closer to William. "Are you really from Namary or what?"

"Yes..." He nodded in agreement. "I am a prince and...I am from Namary kingdom."

"What do you want with the scepter I ask again?" Aidan kept on getting closer. "It's either you tell me or you join them." He gestured at the warlocks that were on the floor. "Who even sent you to this kingdom? Speak!" He yelled, making William tremble.

"Well, I...we actually..."

"Don't play coy with me?" Aidan snapped, focusing his eyes on that foolish man. "Do you think I am dumb or something? Now tell me what you want with the scepter or I will make you pay for it." So much power had filled Aidan up. He could feel it flowing and he was ready to use it without any fear. He was ready to inflict pain on those people if he had to.

"No-no..." William trembled. "Try to understand and..."

"Understand?" Aidan gave a bitter chuckle. "I think you are not taking me seriously."

Aidan extended his hand and opened his palm, letting go of the energy that he was feeling. Immediately his palm opened, William began rising from the floor slowly. He instantly began trembling. Aidan's concentration was on that man he was holding with his mind, well hand. He didn't know much about his gift but he sure knew somehow to use it. But that was only if he concentrated as hard as he could.

"Now...speak. Who the..." Before Aidan could even finish his sentence, he heard one of the warlocks chanting loudly. He quickly moved his eyes to see who it was that was chanting but was welcomed by explosions like firework on his face. It sent smoke all over and he couldn't see a thing. He slightly moved and concentrated his mind, making sure that he had the scepter tightly held.

He concentrated a whole lot and in just a few seconds, the whole smoke cleared but William and none of the warlocks were in that room. There was no sign of them. "They must not leave," He thought.

Aidan quickly moved his eyes behind and saw William at the door, smiling and winking at him. Before he could even do a thing...William was gone. Seeing the 4 men had left the room, Aidan run as fast as he could outside the throne room. The guards outside were still asleep so he just passed them and rushed to the elevator. He still had the scepter and the only thing he was hoping for was to...find those guys and expose them.

In no time...Aidan reached the 5th floor where William had been staying. He rushed to the room and barged in. He looked all around and got the surprise of his life when he couldn't actually see any of them. They were gone and so were their bags and everything that they had. There was not even a single sign that someone had been staying in that room.

"What's going on?"

Aidan moved from that room and checked the rooms were the guards or rather warlocks were staying. The rooms were also empty and there was still no sign of anyone staying in those rooms. Things were really getting out of hand. What was really going on?

Moving as quickly as he could, Aidan rushed downstairs and went straight outside, calling the guards that were on duty. They all came and knelt down in front of him, showing him respect.

"Has any of you seen Prince William and his guards?" He gasped. He was growing impatient and the scepter was still in his hands.

"Yes," One of the guards bowed. "Prince William and his guards just left a few minutes ago. They seemed to be in a hurry. Is there any problem, your highness?"

"Yes...I mean no," What was he trying to do? Of course, he couldn't just shout it at the guards that William was on a mission. That was gonna breed questions. He needed to consult first. "Go back to your duty posts." He ordered.

The guards all left for their duties and Aidan slowly made his entrance into the palace. He was still confused and he still couldn't understand a thing of what had just gone on. Normally...he was supposed to believe that warlocks didn't exist but after having strange powers himself...everything was possible. He still wanted to know exactly what those people wanted with the scepter. He still needed to find out...but the only problem was that they had escaped. Fuck! He didn't even think right at that very time.

With the scepter still in his hands, Aidan made his way to his room. Reaching the room, he sat on the bed and buried his face in his palms, wondering and trying to understand what had recently been happening in his life. So many things had changed in his life...extraordinary things and now he had just done something unbelievable.

"Phew!"

Aidan was still deep in thought when he felt swoosh of wind and then a hand on his shoulder. He quickly gasped and tried to get away, thinking it was one of those men had returned. When he saw who it was...he breathed in deeply.

"Priest...thank God you are here."

"Good!" The priest could only nod his head. "You have finally figured out what those men wanted from this palace."

"Yes," Aidan quickly moved from the bed and got up. "I have finally figured it out. But what did they want from the scepter? I had barely escaped from there. Those men are warlocks and..."

"Calm down..." The priest clenched his teeth and breathed in between them. "One question at a..."

"Priest...you dragged me into this so..."

"I didn't drag you into this..." The priest laughed manically. "Your future is in this kingdom and...you prevented that scepter from being stolen. That scepter is a really great symbol of sovereignty to many but in the wrong hands...it can be very lethal."

Aidan frowned. "Are you saying..."

"I am only saying what I was told to say," He chuckled, hitting the trident on the floor. A strong wind blew through the room. "That thing, the scepter as you call it is what we use in the coronation. It shouldn't get lost or something. You just saved it from one of the most powerful warlocks. They are powerful but in this palace...their powers were getting weaker and that's why you outsmarted them and..."

"They escaped..." Aidan was really sad that those men had escaped. "They escaped because I am not strong enough. I could only master one of..."

"Telekinesis..." The priest hit the trident on the floor again. "...but you defeated them, didn't you? That is something that someone else wouldn't have done. Even with telekinesis...you were able to defeat them. Your telekinesis is more powerful and faster than their chants. They are powerful, sure but you are faster."

"Yeah," Aidan frowned. "But..."

"They are gone." The priest laughed. "Don't worry about them. They are gone and they aren't coming back here. Those are really powerful warlocks outside these walls but once they enter this palace...their magical powers are reduced to half and they keep on reducing. But don't worry about them...they are never coming back here...at least not for that scepter."

"But..."

"You need to practice. You will be better at it. Remember, practice makes perfect."

"I know..." Aidan sighed, hitting on his face. "I know perfectly well that. But do you think I should tell the..."

"Don't..." The priest hollered, suddenly pointing the trident at Aidan. The trident gave a quick red glow before it finally went off again. The priest raised it and hit it on the floor. "Don't tell the king or anyone else, even your husband doesn't have to know about this."

"But..."

"The almighty's words and not mine..." The priest chuckled, moving his finger in the air. "They will come to know when the right time comes but for now...just keep it to yourself."

Hearing the priest's words, Aidan took a deep sigh and then raised the hand with which he was holding the scepter.

"And this," He gestured. "What am I to do with it? The throne room looks like a mess. I don't..."

"Here..." The priest extended his right hand. "Put it here and forget about everything that has happened. You'll never even realize that anything happened here. Remember...shhh..." He put his finger on his lips.

Aidan chuckled and then put the scepter in the priest's hand. He knew the priest was gonna do something with that scepter so he trusted him to do everything. The priest gripped the scepter harder when Aidan gave it to him.

"By the way," The priest chuckled. "Don't be confused over anything. Don't even let it get to you or get you worried. I will handle everything for you. I think you should even be somewhere right now."

"Where?" Aidan frowned and then gasped. "Granny's...I told her I would come back early..."

"That's the spirit..." The priest smiled. He actually smiled but with those long beards the smile couldn't be seen clearly.

"Wait!" He stopped the priest before he could leave. "What am I supposed..."

"Use your mind, my son." He chuckled, sniffing the air. "I can feel the change in the air. You can all now live without fear of those men..."

The priest laughed loudly, raising the scepter in the air. He then charged it on the floor. By the time it had hit the floor he was already gone. Aidan fixed himself up after the priest left and then rushed downstairs.

Just to make sure, he took a quick glance on the way to the throne room and the surprising thing was that the guards were already up and guarding the throne room. He took a deep breath and sighed. He could now feel a little better after knowing that those men had left. He was just hoping his worries would soon go away because he was still worried and confused. What had happened kept repeating on his mind and he honestly had no idea how to get rid of it. But one thing was for sure though...he was gonna go to his granny's and enjoy her lunch. Then he was gonna come back and enjoy life with his husband. He was just happy and lucky that the priest had become like his friend. It was something that he really appreciated.

Nodding his head, Aidan left the palace and went back to his granny's house.

***

As soon as Aidan opened the door to his granny's house, almost everyone got up from their seats and stared at him. He took a deep breath and acted as if everything was right, acting all confident and smiling confidently. The last thing he wanted was for questions to come flying at him.

"Hey, where did you go?"

"I had to drop by the palace." He couldn't lie. "I had forgotten my phone so I had to pick it up." He chuckled.

"Alright," The queen said, gesturing him. "We are having a good time with everyone here. Come on..."

Aidan smiled and then joined his family. They were really happy. They talked, they joked and did everything that families do just to keep the fun going. It was one of the most wonderful days Aidan had ever spent with his family. They had lunch together and after that they even told jokes. That was a really wonderful family. How he wished Luis had been by his side that very day. He missed him terribly.

***

The cars arrived and the palace and the royal family came out, talking and laughing with each other. It was almost 8.pm and they had come home after spending almost the whole day with Ethan and granny. It had been a really memorable day which none of them was gonna forget anytime soon. It had been spectacular and loving. Everything that any normal family would have done, they already did. They still couldn't wait to go back to that place.

All the family members were busy talking and Aidan had thought he was until he looked at that five star, beautiful golden palace. He remembered exactly what had happened just before afternoon and to be honest...it kinda got him worried. But once he remembered...

"Don't get confused or worried. Just forget that anything happened..."

He remembered the priest's words and he took a deep breath that seemed to travel to his whole body. He was feeling calm once again and he continued going inside together with his family. They were all just too happy.

Reaching the living room, Aidan froze and got the surprise of his life when he saw Luis smiling at him with his arms wide open. Aidan quickly rushed to him and just ran into those beautiful arms. They wrapped around him and he felt warm again. Every worry that he had went away. He felt like crying...he felt like jumping...he felt like crying...he felt like kissing that huge hunk. He sure loved him a lot.

"I missed you so much." Aidan chirped, wrapping his arms tightly around Luis'. "I really missed you a lot."