Unforeseen Attraction Pt. 01

Story Info
Allison and Olivia first meet.
4.1k words
4.69
21.8k
48

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/31/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AJCunnings
AJCunnings
108 Followers

I hope you enjoy. All feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

++++++++++

Allison

"You ARE still sleeping with her!" Bree yells from across the table while throwing her napkin at me. I whip my head around looking around the small coffee shop to see if anyone has heard.

"Keep it down, Bree," I hiss, my face heating up.

"Oh, don't start blushing now Alli. You said that chick was crazy as all hell. If you go missing, the first place I'll tell the police to start looking is in that girl's basement. You and her seventeen cats will have a very nice life, I'm sure."

I groan and let my forehead fall onto the tabletop. Bree is not too far off. Sophia, my most recent online dating misadventure, might be crazy, but I'll give her credit where credit is due: she knows how to lay it down in the bedroom.

I look back up to see Bree silently laughing and shaking her head. We've been best friends for seventeen years. Ever since we first met in our freshman high school English class, she's been my person.

"I know, I know," I sigh and look out the window, watching the downtown traffic crawl by.

She gently grabs my hand so that I will look at her. "It's been almost a year, Alli. I know it hurt. You can put on that tough front for everyone else, but I know better. I'm glad that you're getting out there and moving on. I just hate to see you wasting time with all these girls you'll never settle down with."

I don't know what I would do without her. Sometimes Bree knows me better than I know myself. Comes with the long-term friendship territory.

I put my other hand on top of hers and smile. "I know you do. Sometimes I just think it's easier to have a fling than to take a chance on a relationship again. Maybe that's just what I need right now."

My divorce was rough. I was married to Mia for 6 years, and most of them were good. We were young, in love, and had enough passion to set the house on fire. Things started to feel strained during our last two years together. I was putting more and more of my time into my work as an attorney, spending more time at the office than at home and that was Mia's excuse for having an affair. But that is all in the past.

"A fling might be easier, but crazy is not." She sets her cup down and stands up, "I have patients at one; I've got to get back to the office."

I stand up and walk out of the coffee shop with her, hugging her as we step out into the warm May day.

"Everything will fall into place for you, love. Stop looking for things you're not supposed to have," she whispers and kisses the top of my head.

"You're too good to me, Bree," I say, smiling at her.

"Only most of the time," she chuckles, and we walk off in opposite directions, back to our offices and the daily grind.

Six hours later, after an exhausting day, I walk into my parents' house. It's family dinner night. Once a week, my parents, siblings and I have dinner together. Mom made it a rule years ago. All of us are pretty busy careerwise, me being an attorney, my younger sister being a nurse, and my older brother being a real estate agent. So, even though the dinner times and days change, we all do our best to be there.

I smell the rich aroma of spaghetti as I walk in and hang my jacket by the door. Nothing beats my mom's cooking, and her spaghetti is my favorite. I walk down the hallway, stopping to poke my head into the living room and wave hello to my dad and Austin, my brother. The sounds of a nature documentary trail behind me as I make my way to the kitchen. Walking in, I see my mom stirring sauce at the stove, one hand on her hip. Walking up behind her, I lay a kiss on her cheek. "Hi, Mom."

"Hi, honey. I'm making your favorite tonight," she says as I lean in closer to savor the mouthwatering aroma.

I make my way over to the kitchen island and take a seat at one of the three stools as Austin enters and joins us. "Where's Liz?" I ask, noticing that my sister has yet to make an appearance.

"She's on her way. It was a busy day in the emergency room," Mom says. "She's bringing a friend with her, a new nurse who just transferred. Poor thing doesn't know a soul in this city."

This doesn't surprise me at all. My parents have always been kind and welcoming and they passed down that trait to all three of us, especially Liz. Neighborhood kids were constantly in and out of this house, though it's been a while since someone new made an appearance.

I hear the front door open, followed by footsteps in the hall. A minute later, Liz walks into the kitchen. She looks exhausted, and I make a mental note to spend some time with her soon. It's been too long. As she goes to greet our mom, I notice the newcomer trailing behind her.

My eyes fall on a startlingly beautiful woman, and I can't seem to tear my eyes away from her. Her blonde hair is styled in gentle waves falling just past her shoulders. She looks to be a couple inches shorter than me, maybe 5'7". She's dressed casually, in a pair of skinny blue jeans and a light grey ribbed Henley that hugs her slight curves in all of the right ways. Her eyes are surveying the room and for a moment I get lost in their beauty. Astonishingly blue eyes, kind but looking a little timid as she looks around.

"Earth to Alli." I jerk, turning back to the sound of my sister's voice. All three women in the room are staring at me, I feel my face flush, and my heart starts to pound.

"Huh?" I say, clearing my suddenly dry throat.

My sister quirks an eyebrow and shakes her head. "Alli, this is Olivia. She's new at the hospital," she says.

I turn back to Olivia to find her staring at me with a small smile. I return it as my sister starts talking about work in the E.R. I've never felt such an instant attraction before. Obviously, I've been able to appreciate the beauty of another woman, but this? This is completely different. It's like there is static in the air around me, overwhelming but warm at the same time. Whatever is pulling me to Olivia feels palpable, like I could reach out my hand and touch it.

What is it about this girl?

++++++++++

Olivia

God, today was brutal. First day at the new hospital and I am exhausted. Starting a new job is always overwhelming, but on top of a move to a brand-new town, I feel like I'm up to my ears in stress. I'm already ready for a day off, just to unwind and be able to breathe.

The hospital is great and seems more up to date than my previous one, which I'm thankful for. My coworkers seem nice. I take an instant liking to Liz, another nurse in the E.R. She takes me under her wing, so to speak. She spends most of her day showing me around the hospital, letting me shadow her with patients, and even goes as far as inviting me to her parents' house for dinner after finding out that I am completely new to town. I have never met anybody as friendly as she seems to be, and I take her up on her offer. It has to be better than going back to my tiny, quiet apartment and leftover Chinese take-out.

Walking into the house, the smell of home-cooked food immediately makes my mouth water. I follow her through the hallway and glance at the family pictures lining the walls. Kids in various stages of life, smiling, laughing, in Halloween costumes and numerous family pictures. I can tell that they are a happy family just from these pictures. They make me miss my own, and I wonder how my mom and sister are doing. A little feeling of guilt washes over me as I think about the last two phone calls from my mom that I let go to voicemail. She isn't taking my move well and it causing a rift in our relationship.

We enter an open kitchen, and Liz walks over to an older woman at the stove and gives her a kiss on the cheek. I look around and notice a man and woman sitting at the kitchen island. They must be Liz's siblings; I recognize them from the pictures on the wall. My gaze stops at her; I couldn't look away, even if I wanted to. She is gorgeous. Her straight brown hair is cut into a bob that barely meets her shoulders, and half of it is tastefully pinned back. The navy-blue pantsuit with a white blouse underneath looks like it was specifically made for her. She's smiling at Liz-a small smile, but I see it in her green eyes. Deep green eyes that make me think of spring, warm and soft after cold winter days.

I barely hear introductions being made and know that I should be doing something. Thankfully, the woman looks away and back to Liz as I hear her introduce me. I tear my gaze away and smile at everyone around the room. The older woman, Liz's mom, walks over and surprisingly gives me a hug. I embrace her back as she tells me that she's glad I could come over for dinner.

"Thank you for letting me come. I couldn't pass up a home-cooked meal," I smile at her.

"Oh, you are most welcome. I know that a new place can be overwhelming. Anytime you need dinner, you know where we are now," she says, heading back to the stove.

A few minutes later, after Liz's dad joins us, we take our seats at the dinner table. We pass spaghetti and garlic bread around the table. They make light conversation. To answer questions, I fill them in on my move. How I accepted a job offer in town, four hours away from my hometown but how I always loved it here farther up North. I leave out that a bad break-up from my boyfriend was part of the reason for my change of scenery.

I look across the table to Allison, who's eating but hasn't said much besides a side conversation with her brother. I know that I'm staring again, and I don't understand this sudden pull that I'm feeling. I've never been drawn like this to anybody, especially not a woman. I'm confused, my heart is pounding, and I can't take my eyes off of her. She's pretty, that's all, I think to myself. What I'm trying to talk myself out of, I'm not sure.

Forty-five minutes later, after we've finished dinner and cleaned up, I have to leave. Liz walks me to the front door, and I thank her again for inviting me. "Anytime, girl; this house is always open. I can't imagine moving to an entirely new place like you did. Let's make plans this weekend to get you out and about," she smiles. I agree with her, and we resolve to come up with the plan tomorrow at work.

Liz heads back towards the kitchen as I slip on my jacket, and I'm about to head out when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and come face to face with Allison. I realize that she's taller than me by a couple inches, and she smells like vanilla, comforting and sensual.

She extends her hand. "It was very nice to meet you, Olivia. I hope I see you again." Her voice is low, and I'm drawn in. I put my hand in hers and shake it. It's soft and warm; I don't want to let go.

"You too, Allison," I manage to get out evenly, even though my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest. We stand there for longer than is probably necessary. I'm telling myself to leave but I'm unable to make myself turn and go. Letting go of my hand, she clears her throat and smiles as I turn around and head out into the cool spring night.

What the hell is happening?

++++++++++

Allison

I rub at my eyes and look at the clock on the wall: 7:30 pm. Another marathon twelve-hour day. I log off of the laptop and pack it into my bag. Since my divorce I've made an effort to slow down. I try to work as little as possible on the weekends, and not at all on Sundays, but sometimes I have to pull a Saturday for a client.

I make it home a little after eight, change into a pair of black leggings and a worn t-shirt and sit down to watch a movie. I make it about 15 minutes in before my phone rings. My annoyance quickly fades away when I see that it's Liz.

"Woah, answered on the first call? What are you doing?" Her voice isn't accusing, more amused, but it still makes me feel guilty. We have always been close but the last few years have put some distance between us.

"Just got home, lounging around and watching a movie."

"Ooooh, wild Saturday night," she says, chuckling. "I was wondering if you had time to catch a movie tomorrow? I'm going shopping with Olivia, showing her around town a little, and I figured that would be a chill end to the day. I miss you; we haven't done anything together in forever."

My heart kicks up a few notches at the mention of Olivia. She has been on my mind more than I'd like to admit since dinner at my parents' house. I've been struggling to figure out why that is. Being wildly attracted to a woman at first sight is not my normal thing. I want to go, I want to catch up with my sister, but I would be lying if I said that was the only reason.

"How is Olivia doing?" I ask before I can stop myself. I need to know more about Olivia.

"She's doing well. I couldn't imagine moving and starting over in a new town, without knowing a thing or any damn body. Especially after a break-up. She's a great nurse and so far, a good friend."

"A break-up?" And again, the words are tumbling out of my mouth asking about that. I curse myself, my mouth seems to be working faster than my brain tonight. I'm hoping my sister just thinks I'm being friendly.

"Oh yeah, a rough one. She caught her boyfriend cheating on her after she went home early from work one day. They were together for three years."

My heart drops a little bit. That answers one question. My own unnecessary letdown pushed aside, I feel sad for the girl. That is a tough spot to be in, and especially hard to start over. No wonder she took the job in a new town. It was a good thing that she found a friend in my sister, though. She couldn't have found a kinder, more welcoming person.

"Damn, that is tough. I'm glad you found her, then. Tomorrow sounds great. Text me the time and place for the movie, and I'll be there. I'm free all day and miss you like crazy."

She squeals out her excitement, making me smile, and we hang up.

"Well, this should be interesting," I say to myself.

I try to get back into the movie that I was watching, and realize five minutes into it that it's impossible. My mind keeps wandering back to a certain nurse's wavy blonde hair. Olivia is wildly attractive, and I have a feeling that she is one of those women who doesn't know just how beautiful she is. I've never been pulled to someone like this.

I'm being ridiculous. I don't need to be entertaining thoughts of my little sister's co-worker. Straight co-worker, I remind myself, and I reach for my phone. I need a distraction, and even as

I arrange it, I kick myself for my weakness. Bree would chew me out if she knew what I was up to, and I thank God she's not here to stop me.

Forty-five minutes later, I pull up to the apartment and lightly knock three times. "This is a nice surprise," she says, opening the door to let me in. Sophia's a beautiful woman, with long flowing brown hair, tanned skin, and cool bluish-grey eyes. She looks like she had the same idea as me tonight, wearing a pair of black leggings that only draw attention to her long, slim legs and a worn grey university t-shirt. Perfect for a lazy night in. As soon as she shuts the door, I slam her up against it. She knows exactly what I am here for; our relationship turned into raw sex as soon as I realized it wouldn't be anything more. I slip my tongue into her mouth causing her to moan and wrap her arms around my back. I push my thigh between her legs and move my mouth to that spot I know she likes, right where her neck meets her shoulder.

Her hands move down to my waist, and one slowly slips into my waistband. I moan and slam my eyes shut as her fingers slide through my already wet folds, and I push my hips forward into her. I can see her in my mind as clearly as if my eyes were open. Her wavy blonde hair, those mesmerizing blue eyes...No! No, no, no, I think to myself, not now! Do not think about Olivia! But it's no use. My brain only conjures up her smile, the feel of her hand in mine, how I never wanted to let it go...

I gasp and push Sophia away. "I'm sorry," I gasp.

"What happened? Are you okay? I didn't hurt you or something, did I?" she asks, concern plainly written on her face.

This was a huge mistake. I came here to be distracted, and I'm worse off than I was an hour ago. This "relationship" with Sophia was a bad idea from the beginning.

"I'm sorry, Sophia. It's been a long day, and I thought this would help me unwind. That's not fair to you, and my head's not in it." I take a deep breathe and let it out slowly. Just say it. Rip that band-aid right off. "I don't want to do this with you anymore, and that's all on me."

"Damn, Alli. I expected this one day, but I would have preferred this conversation before you texted me in the middle of the night, asking to come over, and got my hand down your pants." She lets out a heavy sigh. "Fine. Just... go." She waves her hand towards the door, justifiably annoyed. I'm a complete asshole.

I walk out to my car in a daze. At least I can get a head start and begin hating myself now instead of having to wait until morning.

"Get your shit together," I whisper as I put my car in reverse and head back home.

++++++++++

Olivia

I needed this. It's been so long since I've had a girl's day, or even just a girlfriend that I can go out and do stuff with, like shopping and lunch. Hanging out with Liz has been exactly what I needed.

Even the phone call with my mom this morning can't bring my mood down. It wasn't entirely bad; she's just missing me and still upset that I chose to move hours away. I knew I wanted a fresh start. Moving this far away wasn't my initial plan, but the offer was really too good to pass up. That and a chance at a new town, and I was sold.

In the span of a few hours, Liz has shown me a few highlights of the city. My absolute favorite is the huge park that's right downtown. It's split in half by a loud, rushing river, but connected by a wide bridge that you are able to walk across. It has multiple trails spidering off to different sections of the park and I can already see myself spending my days off exploring around it, people-watching, and just relaxing.

I really needed today's break after all the stress of moving and starting at the hospital. So far, my little life here has been shaping up better and more quickly than I ever imagined.

After lunch at a delicious local pizza joint, we start walking to the movie theatre. I love going to the movies, and it has been entirely too long since I have gone to one. I have quickly fallen in love with downtown. Charming is the perfect word to describe it, and just walking through it, chatting with Liz has me smiling.

"Alright, the movie starts at 3:45 and Alli should be meeting us there."

My steps falter a bit. "Alli?" I try to make it sound like my heart rate didn't just skyrocket.

"Yeah, my sister, Allison. You met her at dinner," she reminds me, like I could forget.

"Oh, yeah. I didn't know that she was coming to the movie," I say, hoping I don't sound as nervous as I feel.

"Is that alright? I invited her last night. It's been too long since I've hung out with her, and I figured this was a perfect time. Sometimes she works more hours as an attorney than I do at the hospital."

"Of course it is," I tell her. And it is. I can already tell that their family is close, and I can hear in her voice that she misses her sister.

We reach the movie theatre and I glance around, trying not to make it obvious that I'm looking for Allison.

She's standing by the outside ticket window. My heart rate continues to race as my eyes land on her. I feel that strong pull to her again, just like at dinner. She looks stunning. I notice that she's dressed casually today, skinny dark blue jeans that look hug her long legs, paired with a V-neck shirt and a long dark grey cardigan going down past her waist. I thought business Alli was sexy, but casual Allison may be just as, if not more appealing.

AJCunnings
AJCunnings
108 Followers
12