Unlucky at Love

Story Info
Guy has the worst luck with women.
5.5k words
3.9
26.4k
30
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,086 Followers

Copyright © 2020 - This is an original work by Zeb Carter and is protected under copyright by U.S. copyright law. It is only submitted at Literotica.Com and any submission to any other site has not been authorized by the Author.

Author's Note: There is no sex in this story. The ending is the ending, if you don't like it, imagine one of your own. Well, enjoy.

Unlucky at Love

"I do," John replied.

"Then, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

And that's exactly what John did. They turned and walked down the aisle to the doors out of the church. Standing by the doors, the wedding party thanked all the people for coming and to enjoy the reception. As the last of people left the church a big black guy, neck hanging with gold chains, and huge gold rings on all his fingers, walked right up to Connie. Looking at her he sighed, then pulled her to him, kissing her passionately. Connie kissed this stranger back just as passionately. John and the wedding party stood there in amazement.

"John, this Marcus, he will be living with us. Now though, he and I will be going to the motel up the street to consummate our wedding," said Connie as the pair walked away.

"What the fuck!" John said shaking his head.

"Brother, what do you want to do here?" Jeff asked.

"Well, first, I want the marriage annulled."

"You got it, first thing Monday morning. What about right now?"

"I don't know. Linda?"

"What? I have no idea what is going on."

"She's your sister?"

"I know. But lately, she has been a little crazier than usual. We haven't talked for quite some time now."

"Are we going to the reception?" Bonnie asked.

"Bonnie?" Jeff scolded.

"No, you don't understand. If no one shows up..."

"I'm not going," John said. "As far as I'm concerned I'm no longer married."

"I can see your point," replied Bonnie. "What about the honeymoon trip?"

"I do have the tickets for that," Jeff said patting his breast pocket.

"Too bad there are only two," John said.

"Who else would you want to take?" asked Linda, her eyebrows raised.

"The entire wedding party," John replied. "But, hey, if you want to go, I'll be happy for you to come along."

John was chuckling as he watched his soon to be ex-wife's sister.

"Sure, why not," Linda said smiling, her eyebrows raised once again.

"Okay. Then let's get changed out of these monkey suits and corsets and into something a little more comfortable and hit the bar for the night," John said.

The rest of the wedding party agreed. They all headed out to the hotel where the reception was being held. There was a room, which John had the keycard for upstairs with the wedding party's change of clothes. When they stepped out of the church, the limo that was for the wedding party was gone.

"Well, who has a car?" John asked.

"I drove myself here," Linda said.

As they were walking to Linda's car, her father and mother came up to them.

"What the hell is going on?" Ed, Linda and Connie's, father asked.

"Uh, I don't know how to say this Ed... Connie and I are no longer married."

"What?"

"Did you see that black guy she left with?"

"We did. So did everyone else."

"Well she's down the street in a motel room fucking him," John said rather crudely.

"What?" Ed yelled.

"Oh my god," Miriam, his wife, screamed.

Linda handed John her keys and the small wedding party climbed into Linda's SUV. As they were driving away, they saw the limo pulling back into the church lot.

"Should we go back," Linda asked.

"Fuck no. I have no interest in her anymore. As far as I'm concerned, she's dead," John said.

When they arrived at the hotel where everyone had a change of clothes and the reception would soon be starting downstairs, the wedding party went upstairs to change. As they sat around the room, they talked about what to do.

"Should we go down and...," Linda started.

"You guys can go. I'm going down to the bar to have a couple of drinks, then I'm coming upstairs, to get some sleep. Then I'm taking Linda on a vacation. Can you get away from work?"

"Sure no problem. Where will I be sleeping?" she asked a sly smile on her lips.

"You can crash here with me."

"What about Connie?"

"What about her?"

"Won't she come looking for you here?" Linda asked.

"Well shit. We'll just get another room. Grab your things while I go down and get us a different room."

"Okay." Linda was smiling brightly.

"Jeff, Bonnie, you can do whatever you want. Come with us to the bar or go to the reception. Bobby, same goes for you."

"No, that's okay. My car is here. I'll just go home. It was fun for a bit, but now I'm really depressed. I hope things work out for you bro," Bobby replied.

"Thanks, no problem, buddy."

John shook his hand and Bobby grabbed his things and left. John went down with him to get another room. Once he had the new room's key card he went back upstairs. Linda was waiting for him.

"Where are Bonnie and Jeff?" he asked.

"They decided to go home. Jeff gave me the tickets," she said waving them in front of her.

"Okay, good."

John collected his things and then the pair went to the new room. After dropping off their things, they went to the hotel bar. John decided he wasn't going to hide and picked a table in the middle where everyone could see him and Linda. They ordered drinks and sat talking.

"What has gotten into your sister?" John asked.

"Hell, if I know. In the last couple of weeks, she has been acting kind of crazy and hasn't been confiding in me as she used too. I can see why now. I would have given her a good beat down if I knew what she was doing."

"Me too. And I would have never said 'I do.'"

"I would never have blamed you," Linda replied.

Silence fell between the two of them. They just looked into each other's eyes. John grimaced when he saw a flash of white out of the corner of his eye.

"Fuck!" he said.

Linda turned to look where John was and groaned loudly. It was Connie and her black stud. She came storming into the bar.

"What the fuck are you doing here? We have a reception to go to," she yelled.

John just looked up at her and shook his head. Linda scowled at her sister. John really didn't want this confrontation to take place here, in the bar, but it was as good a place as any.

"I'm having a drink with a friend. What's it to you?"

"Your friend is my younger sister..."

"So!" said John.

Connie was now stuttering.

"But... but... but..."

"Spit out whore!" John shouted. Linda sat there laughing.

"Yo, don't you call my girl a whore!" the black guy said.

John noticed the bartender on the phone. He nodded at him. Looking at the black guy, John smiled.

"We haven't been properly introduced. My name is John, I am, for a very short time, her husband. So, Marcus, go find a seat and shut the fuck up!"

Marcus' mouth dropped open as he stood there like a statue. I saw the cops walking toward the bar.

"Well, boy, do as you're told. Go sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up!"

Marcus was on John fast. John just rolled with the tackle. He took a punch to the gut and one to the back. He just curled up in a ball as the cops shouted and wacked Marcus with their batons. They quickly had him under control and in cuffs. One helped John up and Linda was there to brush him off and make sure he wasn't hurt.

"Do you want to press charges?" the cops asked.

"Sure do," John said.

For the next hour, John, Linda, and the bartender gave statements and signed paperwork. All the time Marcus was sitting in a chair, cuffed, and the cops told him to shut the fuck up. Connie just stood there, eyes open wide, mouth working but no words coming out. She eventually sat down and just started crying. A crowd had gathered outside the bar. Most of the people were from the reception. John sat there chuckling as they tried to figure out what the hell was going on.

The cops left with Marcus in tow, cursing John. Linda was laughing, as Connie couldn't make up her mind whether to follow Marcus or stay with her 'husband'. John made up her mind for her. He went to the bar, got two more drinks, one for Linda and one for himself. He paid the bar tab. Then taking Linda's hand, they left the bar. Connie followed. John turned, looked at her coldly.

"Stay away from me," he said softly.

"What? You're my husband," said Connie.

"I am," John said looking at his watch, "for the next thirty-six hours. After that, I'll be free of you, forever."

Connie collapsed to the floor. Linda stood there laughing at her.

"What did I tell you about him?" Linda asked.

Connie looked up at her sister, amazement in her eyes. Then she dropped her head in surrender. John looked at Linda, questions in his eyes.

"Upstairs," she replied.

Once in their room, John stood in front of Linda.

"Spill it," he said.

"Nothing to tell really, back when you two first started dating, after I had met you and watched you, she started spouting how she thought you were submissive. I looked at her and shook my head, telling her you were far from being submissive. She didn't believe me and that's when she stopped talking to me about stuff."

"You know, you try to be a kind loving partner and this is the way you get treated. I wish you would have said something," replied John.

"At the time it was none of my business and I certainly didn't see this coming or I would have."

"Well, thanks for that, at least. Now, I'm exhausted, it's time to get some sleep. We have a long day ahead of us."

"Yeah, about that. Shouldn't we give the tickets back? After all, they were a wedding gift from my parents."

"We should, but they are non-refundable tickets. I'll put the hotel on my credit card, which reminds me, I have to cut that bitch off from my accounts."

John pulled his laptop out and fired it up. He sat at the desk in the room for some time. When he was finished, he had moved all his money to a new account, canceled the joint credit cards. He shut down his laptop and started to strip. Linda sat on the bed in a cute t-shirt. He couldn't tell if she was wearing panties or not. When he was down to his boxers, John climbed into bed and lay back exhausted. Linda watched as he closed his eyes. She rolled to him, laying her head on his shoulder.

"Do you..."

"I'm sorry, I'm not really in... I would hate to disappoint you... my mind would not be... sorry. I just can't right now. Please understand," said John.

"I do. I just want to let you know, I'm here if you need me."

John could hear her smile. He jumped when her fingernails grazed his stomach.

"I know," said John grabbing her hand and bringing it to his lips.

"Goodnight, John," whispered Linda.

"Goodnight, Linda," John whispered back.

~~~~ oOo ~~~~

Needless to say, Linda and John never went on the trip meant to be Connie and his honeymoon. The next morning John found out the tickets had been canceled. The resort called and told him the same thing. He shrugged his shoulders. He did go down and pay for another night at the hotel. That night he and Linda did have a wonderful time in bed. He found out who the better sister was. Monday morning they each went their separate ways.

When John got home, he found his place in a shambles. Shaking his head, he reviewed the security footage and found Connie and her paramour tearing his place up. Marcus also carried out his desktop computer. John called the police. They came to investigate. He showed them the video. Just as the cops were leaving, Connie walked in the door. She tried backing out, but one of the cops grabbed her and put her in cuffs.

"But, I'm his wife," she screamed.

John just shook his head as he watched out the window of his condo. Marcus was sitting in a car, just in front of the building. When the cops came out of the front door, they had their weapons drawn and were shouting commands at him. Marcus chose the wise course of action and he followed their instructions. Two hours later John's brother Jeff called him.

"Hey, bro, you're a free man."

"You got the annulment?" John asked.

"Sure did. It was a slam-dunk after all the video footage I collected of her leaving the church with that black dude."

"Good. Thanks, bro."

"No problem. Did we ever learn his name?"

"Of course, it was Marcus, Connie introduced us at the church."

"Ah, so she did. Do you know where they are?"

"In jail," John said smugly.

"Oh, bro, you really have to fill me in on what the hell happened after Bonnie and I left."

"Okay, tonight, Parker's Steakhouse, seven sharp. I'll be bringing Linda."

"Oh, are you two a thing?" Jeff asked.

"No, just friends."

"With benefits? Hey, and what the hell are you doing home?"

"The old man canceled everything."

"Ah. So, with benefits?" Jeff chided.

"Thanks for being there for me. See you tonight."

"Sure thing, bro. Still not going to answer me, are you?"

"Nope. None of your business."

"Okay, later."

"Later."

~~~~ oOo ~~~~

Five Years Later ~~~~

It was Saturday morning. John was sitting at the kitchen table sipping his coffee, waiting for his wife, Peggy, to get up and join him. They had a rough night last night. Really, rough. John was still smiling when Peggy came through the kitchen doorway.

"What are you smiling about, as if I didn't know?" She asked as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Then I don't need to tell you, do I?" replied John.

"Nope. You're smiling for the same reason I am."

Peggy sat across the table from John, smiling brightly at him. He smiled back at her, giving her a wink. She blushed.

~~~~ oOo ~~~~

John and Peggy married about two years ago after one year of dating. John was in no hurry to entangle himself with another woman after what happened with Connie. Linda had asked him to marry her. He was sad that he had to tell her no. He tried to let her down gently, but her heart was broken. After that, they only saw each other a couple of times. Two years later, John met Peggy, at of all places the doctor's office. She was the receptionist. He just couldn't help himself. He stared at her the entire time he was waiting to go back and see the doctor.

After he came out, he stopped by the front desk and talked with her for a few minutes. He asked her for her number and she had it ready for him, even before he knew he was going to ask. It seems as though fate had been with him and her. They started dating that very same week. John was in no hurry and it seemed neither was Peggy. They took things nice and slow. Well, except for the sex. Peggy was a very good partner in the sex department at least John thought so. Peggy thought that John was a great sex partner. For the next year, they were exclusive. Neither of them went out with others. John had long talks with Peggy about fidelity. Peggy agreed as she had a few guys cheat on her while they were going out when she thought they were exclusive.

Their wedding day came and John's brother was his best man and Peggy's sister was her maid of honor. The wedding went as smooth as silk. No upsets at the last minute. John had told Peggy about his aborted first marriage. She gasped as he told what had happened. She promised him right then and there she would never, ever cheat on him. She did it again when she recited their marriage vows. They honeymooned in Florida, Key West in a little bungalow on the seashore for a week.

~~~~ oOo ~~~~

Peggy, still blushing at her husband, smiled back at him as she sipped her coffee. John smiled at her. Today they would be just lounging around the house. He did have to mow the lawn but that was all as far as upkeep. The rest of the day, he could be with his lovely wife. When he came back in from mowing the lawn, Peggy was just coming out of the bedroom dressed to go out. John shook his head not remembering her saying anything about having to go out today.

"Where're we going?" John asked.

"I'm going shopping with Nancy. Didn't I mention that last night?"

"No, you didn't."

"I'm sorry, dear. She asked me to help her pick out a dress for a formal dance they are going to next weekend."

"Oh. Okay. How long?"

"I don't really know, an hour or two," said Peggy not looking at John.

As John wasn't watching her, he didn't notice she wasn't looking at him.

"Okay, see you when you get home, then," he said, stepping over to her and giving her a tender kiss.

Peggy sighed at the touch of his lips, kissing him back just as tenderly.

"See you when I get home," she said heading for the door.

"Bye," John said.

"Bye, darling."

John thought it strange that she didn't say she loved him. She always said it first. She was out the door before he could say it to her. Shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head, John went into the den to watch a little TV before he cleaned up. It had been hot outside as he mowed the lawn. He had worked up quite a sweat. For the next twenty minutes, he flipped through the channels not really seeing what was flashing by. He was dwelling on how Peggy had walked out without saying she loved him. He was jarred out of his thoughts by the phone ringing.

"Hello," he said as he put the receiver to his ear.

"Hey, John. Nancy here, is Peggy there?" Nancy asked.

John's eyes opened wide. He shook his head slightly wondering what was going on.

"Sorry, she's not. She went out shopping. I don't know where."

"Oh. Really? Okay, then, could you have her call me when she gets home?"

"Sure, Nancy, no problem," John said softly.

Inside he was boiling. He began to sweat as his anger shot up to infinity. He calmly hung up the phone just staring at the TV. He picked up his cell phone and started the app to find his phone. He put in Peggy's number and as he was paying the bill and it was in his name, the app located her phone. As he zoomed in on the map, he saw that she was stationary. Zooming in farther, the name of a hotel popped up. Shaking his head, his anger went beyond infinity. Getting up he grabbed his car keys, climbed into his car, and drove away.

It took him fifteen minutes to get to the hotel. He didn't know which room she was in, so there was not going to be a confrontation today. He did find her car in the parking lot. He took a couple of pictures with the hotel in the background. Then he drove a short distance away and waiting. Not ten minutes later Peggy came walking out of the hotel with a man that John knew. He would be having a lot of words with him in the future. They walked to Peggy's car hand in hand. They kissed passionately. John was videoing now. Peggy pushed him away, turned, and climbed in her car. The window came down and they kissed once more. He said goodbye as she backed out of her slot. John watched as her lover walked to his car. He had seen it on several occasions parked down the street from their house.

John started his car and followed Peggy's lover home. Just as he thought. Shaking his head, he drove home. Peggy was already there but that didn't worry John. When he got into the house, Peggy was fixing herself lunch.

"Oh, make me one too, please," he said as he walked in the door.

"Sure, honey," said Nancy as cheerful as always.

God, he really had to know what the fuck was going on. Why was she cheating on him? None of the signs were there. He wondered just how long this had been going on. He sat at the kitchen table as Peggy set down a plate with a sandwich and some chips in front of him. She sat opposite him with her plate. Standing, John pulled a beer out of the fridge.

"Me too, please?" Peggy asked.

"Sure," he replied getting one for her.

They sat there looking at each other while they ate. Peggy was trying to figure out what was bothering John. John was trying not to show Peggy that something was bothering him. Once they were finished eating, John sat back with his beer and just stared at Peggy.

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,086 Followers
12