Va-Cay

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Anyone ready to start a new life?" Tanner asked.

"Right here!" Kayleigh called out as she raised her hand.

"Me, too!" Vanessa said, doing what her daughter did.

"All right then. Let's..."

Kayleigh and Vanessa said it with him at the same time. "Let's roll!"

Two long, full days later they were in Oklahoma City where Kayleigh finished the school year as they limped by in the one-bedroom apartment. Two months later they were in a brand new, five-bedroom home that was nearly 3,000 square feet; one that much cost less than the amount Tanner had received for his father's land, leaving them a whole lot of money to start their new lives together with (and to help Vanessa's aging mother who was now unable to travel.)

Two months later, Vanessa and Tanner were married with Kayleigh serving as her mom's maid of honor.

Kayleigh started her first year of high school with a beautiful new wardrobe but vowed never to be like the girls who'd treated her so horribly. She soon had more friends than she'd ever dreamed of—both boys and girls—and couldn't have been happier with her new life or the gorgeous man she'd started calling 'dad'.

Initially, it was just a joke. But as Tanner became her second best friend and the person she turned to for advice and later even parental love, the word just seemed to fit, and 'dad' it was.

By the time Kayleigh finished her first full semester at her new school, her mom was pregnant, and by the time the next Fall came around, she had a brand new baby brother.

Kayleigh was so thrilled, she preferred spending her time at home to hanging out with friends, and wanted to hold him every chance she got.

Vanessa tried not to cry as they all sat around the tree in December on Christmas morning as a family. But it was too much to ask as she recalled the pain of losing Adam, the financial struggles that followed, and the feeling she might never be happy again or even be able to provide for her child. And then one day a gorgeous, younger man walked into her life; a man she fell in love with and married named Tanner Patten.

Money from Tanner's inheritance allowed her to never worry about finances again and to put Kayleigh through college, but it was him and his love, and his love of their children that allowed Vanessa Patten to once again really live.