Vaid Empire: Conquest Ch. 07

Story Info
Slaves Are Claimed Following The Siege of Falexia,
5.9k words
4.81
4.6k
7
0

Part 7 of the 61 part series

Updated 03/25/2024
Created 09/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vaid Empire: Conquest is a massive fantasy series that aims to mix erotica with the quality of a published novel. New chapters and artwork are released every month absolutely free, with the completely optional possibility to receive early access. The Series focuses heavily on worldbuilding, story, and characters.

The world of Ayphieal is shattered and chaotic, with kingdoms and tribes of six distinctive races vying for territory amongst themselves. It is only when a young human warrior finally pushes back against the chaos that the world begins to shift towards order.

***

18th of Fonic, 4 BVE.

Lower Human Basin, Near Falexia.

Seven months. Three hundred and fifty days out of a year that contained exactly four hundred. When looking back at the long period of agreed upon peace, only one word came to Dominax's mind. Rebirth. For while they had lost everything after Nitri, Domani had steadily grown to surpass even the size of their ancestral home. Such an effect that forced migration had inflicted on the newly formed settlement's growth, reviving a community that had nearly been wiped out.

Yet citizens were not the only commodity to flow into Domani. In addition to a steady supply of food and valuables, Dominax had ordered a levy of stone from the settlements under his rule. As white and smooth as bone, typical of nearly all stone found under The Human Basin, half went directly into the construction of buildings and residences. The other half held far more value in Dominax's mind, however, as the construction of Lalian's masterpiece had begun in earnest.

Having studied the chimira steel, the odd Lanthian had nearly been frantic in his excitement at its usefulness. Incredibly resilient, non-rusting, and lightweight, it's inclusion into his designs had allowed the grand dream of a pyramid fortress to be nearly doubled in size. Truly colossal in stature and now designed to be built directly around the pod, a gargantuan area had been cleared to make room for such an imposing structure. New stone blocks taller than a grown man seemed to arrive each day, dragged into place and fitted together by workers devoted to their mystical High-Chief.

However, the progress of the last year was but a small comfort in Dominax's mind as he stood at the rear of his command ship, hearing the grunts of his men as they heaved their oars. The peace had ended, leaving only conquest before them as the wooden single-sailed vessel cut its way up the lake-wide river towards Falexia.

Accompanied by eleven identical ships under his command, Dominax could practically feel their anticipation as they neared their target. The minor settlements under Falexia's command along the river had fallen easily, producing resistance that seemed unproportional to their size. Dominax suspected that many of their fighting men had been pulled back to the capital in preparation for their coming invasion, though only time could confirm his theory.

Nude female dancers writhed seductively along the centerline of each vessel, an experiment of sorts devised to work his men into a froth. What better warrior than a man eager to breed? Their swaying hips fueled their lust, driving them to row harder as they tore their way upriver.

The sound of drums began to pound through the air as Falexia came into view, pressed up against the waterfront. Large docks stretched forth from the reddish shore, huddled around the settlement's tall outer wall. The single imposing gate had been sealed shut, blocking any potential intruders.

Cutting through the water with each heave, Briza leaned in close to Dominax as she stood off to his right side. "I wonder if Kixanil and his men are encountering such defenses in Redin." She asked, attempting to make light of the clear danger that slowly approached from the distance. She had been reluctant to leave their daughter in the care of servants back in Domani, a feeling that she suspected Xenia shared as well. Placed in the rearmost ship for her own safety, the healer had been instructed to remain out of danger until the battle had ceased.

"They will stand as little chance against him as Falexia does against us." Dominax replied dryly, folding his arms as a trickle of doubt entered his mind. Had he granted Kixanil a sufficient number of warriors? Or would he have to take Redin himself after Falexia had fallen?

"Arrows!" One of the dancers cried out, instinctively running for cover at the rear of the ship.

"Shields!" Dominax's deep voice boomed as a barrage of arrows arced from Falexia's towering wall. Now brandished in full chimira steel armor, only his head remained unprotected as he raised his hand towards the incoming projectiles. Electricity from his fingertips ripped through the air, tearing apart a large number of the arrows before the remainder slammed into the ship.

The majority deflected off the many white shields held firmly above the deck warriors' heads, yet a stray arrow sent a streak of crimson blood across Briza's face and breasts as it embedded itself deeply into one of the nearby dancers. Grimacing, she attempted to wipe the viscous liquid from her soft skin as the men hurried to resume rowing.

"Faster! We're nearly there!" Clin cried out, seated at the bow of the ship as both he, Salduin, and Hesin did their part to propel the vessel. The sun reflected off of their newly forged chimira steel armor, as if in imitation of their leader.

The ships closed the distance between themselves and Falexia, bracing against several rounds of arrow fire before finally slamming into the wooden docks of the harbor. Hundreds of men flooded off of each vessel, charging down the length of the port as archers continued to cut them down.

Rather than disembarking, Dominax's own archers quickly formed into a rough formation as they attempted to provide cover to the bulk of the men. Though rarely able to find their mark through the crenellations of the wall, the continual barrage of the archers dissuaded many of Falexia's defenders from peeking out from behind safety.

"Ladders, now!" Dominax ordered as he reached the base of the wall, surrounded by his warriors as they attempted to press themselves firmly against the stone.

Dragged from the ships the lithe ladders were frantically hauled as arrows continued to slam into the ground, occasionally forcing the carriers to hop over limp bodies of unfortunate comrades.

"They're using rocks now my lord!" Hesin yelled in irritation as Falexia's defenders began to drop whatever they could scavenge from atop their high wall. A small boulder slammed into one of the ladders as it was hoisted into position, snapping it in half as it collapsed to the ground.

Thrusting his hands towards the top of the wall, Dominax sent a wave of fire that smashed into the hard stone and forced a cry of agony from any who were unguarded behind crenellations.

"Praise High-Chief Dominax!" A man shouted in what could nearly be described as religious fervor as he led the climb up one of the ladders, only for an arrow to embed itself into his head. As his body tumbled from the ladder, another took his place as dozens of warriors scrambled their way towards the peak.

A heavy rock struck a man to Clin's left as he moved to begin his ascent, gritting his teeth as he looked away from the new corpse. Boulders and arrows continued to claim victims with horrific results, and he could hardly hold the images from his recurring dreams at bay.

Dominax mounted the nearest ladder, electricity and fire jumping upwards as Briza and Salduin followed closely behind. Many of the men higher on the ladder continued to tumble as they were slain, though several had managed to reach the top before perishing.

Lightning ripped through several of the guards as Dominax reached the peak of the wall, immediately unsheathing his sword as he went about cutting down the guards crammed atop the stone defenses. His men poured in behind him, providing backup as they moved to claim the towering fortification.

A small group of men managed to make their way down a flight of stairs and push past the guards, opening the main gate and allowing the rest of the men to flood directly inside. Hundreds upon hundreds of able warriors clad in various pieces of white and black armor ravished the guards in a bloodthirsty clash as they entered Faleixa. Several wore the symbol of the newly formed House Vaid, the otherworldly Crescent moon, as they slaughtered their enemies.

Dominax made his way down to the main body of the conflict, hurling fireballs into screaming men and webbing electricity through their warriors. Briza fought just beside him, knowing she'd gladly die at his side.

Clin screamed as an arrow buried itself through his left shoulder, forcing him to stagger and fall onto his back. The noise caused Salduin to look in his direction, his heavy hammer slamming into the face of his current combatant. With a firm nod of acknowledgment from Dominax the large man sprinted to the blonde warrior's side, hoisting him over his shoulder while careful to avoid wounding his companion further. He then rushed towards the exit, knowing that Xenia would already be tending to the dying and wounded.

Silver eyes glowing with burning power, Dominax's insidious laughter echoed over the sounds of battle as he eviscerated the nearest guards. Briza found herself glancing over to him on several occasions, disturbed by his appearance and power.

Slowly but steadily the resolve of Falexia's defenders began to break down as more and more guards continued to fall, pushed back through the streets of the massive settlement. Many began to turn away from the onslaught, fleeing in utter desperation.

***

"The hoard approaches, my love." High-Chief Minax whispered, gripping his concubine's hand tightly. A short and thin man of relative youth, he and his woman remained barricaded in the heart of Falexia's Main Hold.

"All shall be fine, my love." Niria replied, gazing into his eyes. A pale beauty with chin length black hair, a worried smile pulled at the corners of her mouth as she did her best to remain strong. Slightly younger than her High-Chief at the age of nineteen, neither she nor Minax had ever been in as precarious a situation as they currently sat in. Minax had only inherited his position from his father some years earlier, forcing him to rely on advisors that may now lay dead in the street.

"If the worst were to occur..." Minax began, cupping her cheek softly in his hand.

"Stop that, my love. The defense shall hold." She stated in a firmness that betrayed only a hint of her true worry.

"Yet if it doesn't..." He continued, gazing at the beauty of her pale face. Dressed in only a dancer's loincloth and top, the allure of her feminine body forced a twinge of sadness through him. She would have produced exquisite daughters for him, yet that opportunity may now be lost forever. "I...want you to know that I regret nothing."

The statement emboldened her smile, knowing his true meaning. No woman lay beyond the reach of the young High-Chief, yet he had selected her. A pairing centered in love rather than the necessity to breed and produce heirs. A single tear rolled down her pretty face, mere moments before the hastily barricaded door burst inwards.

***

"Falexia has fallen!" The men chanted, surrounding The Main Hold. "Hail High-Chief Dominax!"

Approaching Falexia's throne as his white cloak brushed over the stone floor, Dominax couldn't help but smirk at the sound of his followers as they echoed throughout the settlement. A High-Chief, though only for a moment longer.

Stopping before the carved throne, he turned and gazed upon his followers as they poured into the spacious chamber with clambering fervor. They believed themselves to be servants of a God, the acolytes of a powerful being that they couldn't fully understand. In some ways they were correct, Dominax thought, thinking back to all Dorian had revealed.

Yet peering at their many faces twisted in fervent zeal, standing on the cusp of kingship, Dominax paused at a single thought: What would be his fate if he were to fail? His goal plainly stated and his otherworldly powers proven beyond a doubt, what reaction could possibly be expected if no further victories came forth? Surely nothing short of the total conquest of Magnius would suffice, an aim that he himself had promised. Would they slaughter him, just as he had done to those he considered 'useless'? Would he even stop them, knowing that he had failed?

Suddenly feeling the weight of the tens of thousands under his rule, Dominax pushed aside his misgivings as he sat down with a deep breath. The crowd roared in victory, their shouts crashing off the tall walls of The Main Hold.

A group of warriors emerged from a doorway beside the throne, dragging the struggling bodies of High-Chief Minax and his woman. Brought forth, the young ruler was thrown to his knees in front of Dominax while Niria was held back by strong hands.

"Damn you all!" Minax yelled, knowing better than to stand up. He glared at Dominax, nearly successful in his attempt to hide his fear. His conqueror was only a few years older than himself, yet the white armored usurper stared down at him with an eerie firmness.

The moment lingered as Dominax studied his new prisoners, slowly switching back and forth between the young man and the supple concubine. Then, leaning forwards, he kept his deep voice low as he spoke. "The young High-Chief Minax, I assume? One shouldn't address their guests so harshly."

In response, Minax spit on the white steel of Dominax's boot before returning his glare. "A power-hungry slaughterer shall receive nothing but scorn from me." He said, his words hateful though calm.

His lips thinning, Dominax rested the same boot-covered foot on the young man's shoulder, testing his prisoner's resolve. Minax remained still, his face reddening at the dominating foot.

"Ah, then it seems you can learn your place." Dominax sneered. "Resistance shall only be your enemy here, Minax. Obey, and you may be of some use."

Minax gritted his teeth, burning with a loathing that he gave no voice to.

"You shall accompany my men to call off your remaining forces and proclaim your defeat."

The young High-Chief opened his mouth, though thought better of it and simply lowered his head in submission.

Dominax nodded in satisfaction, removing his foot. "Good." He said, before gesturing Hesin to approach. "Take our remaining men and put down whatever pockets of resistance you encounter throughout the settlement. If Minax makes even the slightest attempt to escape, execute him."

"Yes, my lord." Hesin said with a bow of his head. He then grabbed Minax's arm, yanking him to his feet in annoyance.

"As for the concubine, bring her to The Main Hold's bed chambers. I wish to taste the fruits of our victory." Dominax ordered the warriors restraining Niria.

Minax's eyes immediately went wide, stopping in place and turning back around to face the throne. "N..no, that's unacceptable!"

Hesin sent the back of his hand across the prisoner's face, yanking his arm to continue towards the exit. "Keep your mouth shut!"

Additional warriors moved to force the young man out of the door, practically dragging him as he frantically pleaded. The many men inside the chamber moved to follow, eager to snuff resistance.

"Do you know what this means?" Briza asked as she moved closer to the throne, folding her arms with calm excitement. "The rulership of two entire High-Chiefdoms will grant you more than enough legitimacy to form a kingdom. Three, if Kixanil is successful."

"I am well aware of that." He replied with a knowing smirk. "A large step in the grand design, though only a step."

"There's never been a kingdom in The Lower Human Basin..." she stated with a hint of concern, specks of blood remaining painted on her face and breasts. "The other Chiefdoms aren't likely to take our aggressive expansion lightly."

Dominax nodded, stroking his pointed beard. "I've given thought to such concerns, though we shall worry about them another day. For now, I'd like to prepare a coronation in the coming days."

"We are following the Northern human tradition, then?" She questioned, displaying a sliver of confusion.

"What better way to solidify a new kingdom than to follow the established framework of our neighbors? We cannot afford to leave room for interpretation, Briza. The world must be able to look at our emerging realm and recognize its legitimacy without a doubt."

Briza considered his words before nodding. "I understand. We shall take what traditions benefit us and reject others. It may...confuse our people at first, though they'll adjust."

"I'm pleased you agree. Though come, let's finish this." Dominax commanded, standing up from the throne.

***

The sun steadily dropped towards the horizon, illuminating the sky in a deep orange as the final pocket of resistance imploded inside Falexia. Nothing apart from Dominax's rule remained as he finally made his way back towards The Main Hold.

Upon reaching the former bedroom of High-Chief Minax, he was pleased to see that his guards had obeyed. Pushing the heavy door ajar, he was greeted by the sight of his secondary prize. Dark hair and pale skin, Niria rested on the bed.

Noticing her captor's entrance, she quickly wiped her dark eyes and hurried to her feet. She remained dressed in the same dancer's loincloth that she had been captured in, one of the few remaining reminders of the life she had lost mere hours ago.

The sunset's glow illuminated the room through a single large window on the right wall, orange light flowing over the stone walls as Dominax stepped fully into the bed chamber. Xenia followed him inside, sealing the door behind them.

Dominax eyed the young concubine, granting little care to her evident hesitation. The presence of Xenia only seemed to increase her worry as his eyes dragged over her soft curves. "She will do nicely."

"Agreed." Xenia smirked, her voice lustful as her eyes followed the woman's flat stomach to her enticing midriff.

Unexpectedly, Niria lowered herself to her knees and clasped her hands together in a pleading motion. "Lord Dominax...I shall do everything you command of me. Everything you desire...I shall readily obey. Merely spare the life of High-Chief Minax...and my body and life shall be yours..."

Moving to stand over her, Dominax's eyes seemed to pierce into her soul. "What makes you believe he is still alive?"

Niria's lithe dancer muscles tensed ever so slightly.

Dominax waved his hand in dismissal. "No, he is alive. Yet you shall address him as nothing more than what he is, Minax The Slave."

Xenia crouched down next to her, running her delicate fingers through the concubine's dark hair. "You'd willingly give yourself up to save your former master?"

"He's...more than my master. I'd do anything to prevent his death." She replied, her body shivering slightly at Xenia's sensual touch. "It is all I ask."

"Death may be a mercy for a man in his position, though I may still find a use for him. If this is your only request, I shall make it so." Dominax agreed.

"Thank you, my lord!" Niria exclaimed, pulling away from Xenia as she wrapped her arms around his legs. She then let out a yelp and removed her hands the instant he sent a tiny electric shock through her pale skin.

12