Vaid Empire: Conquest Ch. 18

Story Info
Dominax Attempts to Conceive A Powerful Heir.
5.4k words
4.67
3.3k
6
0

Part 18 of the 61 part series

Updated 03/25/2024
Created 09/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vaid Empire: Conquest is a massive fantasy series that aims to mix erotica with the quality of a published novel. New chapters and artwork are released every month absolutely free, with the completely optional possibility to receive early access. The Series focuses heavily on worldbuilding, story, and characters.

The world of Ayphieal is shattered and chaotic, with kingdoms and tribes of six distinctive races vying for territory amongst themselves. It is only when a young human warrior finally pushes back against the chaos that the world begins to shift towards order.

***

9th of Onis, 1 AVE.

Kingdom of Vaidrin, Domani.

"High-Chief Foin, approach." The God Emperor commanded, seated atop his throne. The gathered crowd watched in hushed silence as the man stepped forwards, accompanied by his future queen Enalia as she cradled his heir.

Xenia smirked at the pair as she stood to the side of the throne, thinking back to the moment her knife had completed its work on the man's testicles. Foin's castration had been kept secret from the general population of course, yet she noted the telltale signs of a eunuch as he kneeled at Dominax's feet. The softening of skin, the subtle loss of muscle definition, Foin expressed them all.

The child wrapped in Enalia's arms amused Xenia further. The boy's features were uncannily similar to Dominax's own, from the structure of his face to the black hair atop his little head.

"The Empire requires your service, High-Chief Foin, for there are two kingdoms under our yoke. Vaidrin and Domexia." Dominax announced in his booming voice as he arose to stand over the kneeling couple.

Xenia gently nudged Salduin, as he stood directly to her side. The large man leaned down, positioning his ear so that she may whisper. "One has to wonder why our benevolent God Emperor did not select one of his loyal advisors to rule Domexia."

Salduin shrugged her inciting comment off. "We will serve in whatever way he requires, no more no less."

Dominax held his hand out towards Foin, palm facing downwards. "Do you accept the mantle of this position, this duty, as King of Domexia?"

Xenia whispered once more. "I have been meaning to speak to you about our little diplomatic journey." She said, choosing her words carefully. "What would bring such a strong man like you to tears, hiding away alone in the trees?"

Salduin froze at her words, watching as Foin kissed The God Emperor's hand in submission.

"No denial? Very good, I respect a man true to his word." Xenia continued, speaking just loud enough for the large man to hear over the murmuring crowd.

"Then rise once more High-Chief Foin, rise as a King!" Dominax commanded, inciting the crowd into cheers as the secret eunuch regained his feet.

"What is your aim, Xenia? To insult?" Salduin replied calmly.

"Of course not, I merely seek an ally at court." She replied, nodding to onlookers with a falsely kind smile. "An alliance that remains mutually beneficial, for you shall heed my suggestions, and I shall remain quiet on this matter."

Flames erupted into Dominax's palms, holding them to his sides. "Then may the mantle of Domexia's wellbeing rest upon your shoulders, may your descendants watch over its people, and may your kingdom serve The Empire well!" He shouted, launching two flames into the air. The balls of fire crashed into the chamber's ceiling, bursting with a splash of flame that dissipated above the crowd. They all cheered in awe, bowing before the throne.

"That's a funny way of making friends." Salduin replied to Xenia when the noise finally faded enough for his whispers to be heard. "The God Emperor shall not grant your claims more than a passing thought without proof, little healer."

Xenia shrugged. "Worth a try at least." She said lighthearted, giving no voice to her thoughts. "Proof? So be it..."

Foin and 'his' family took their place at Dominax's side, allowing him to address the audience directly. "We have entered into a new age, one that requires change if The Empire is to thrive efficiently! Thus, on this day, we shall see the first of many reforms, beginning with titles. High-Chiefdoms? No longer, for they shall be reorganized into Districts ruled by High Lords. No longer will we have settlements, for instead we shall have cities ruled by Lords, towns governed by mayors, and even simple villages each controlled by an administrator. Size shall dictate the classification of each former settlement, a clear and organized hierarchy under the throne of The Vaid Empire!"

Once more the crowd cheered as they remained on their knees, utterly filling the temporary throne room. Dominax dismissed them with a wave of his hand, reclaiming his seat upon the Throne.

23rd of Onis, 1 AVE.

Kingdom of Vaidrin, North of Domani.

Vibrant tropical leaves cascaded from the palm trees nestled against the colossally wide river as both Dominax and Irith rode atop his lixidion. The creature's reptilian claws slashed into the reddish sand with each rapid step, hurling itself towards its intended destination.

Seated just behind The God Emperor, Irith's arms remained wrapped around his torso for stability, pressing her body against him as his cloak flowed wildly around her in a protective embrace. She felt the cold white steel of his armor against her fair skin, clenching her strong thighs with each gallop of the lixidion. She could only bite her lip at the memory of her sensual fantasies, holding herself closely to him while giving no voice to her thoughts.

Their journey seemed to drag on and on, yet she hadn't bothered to ask where he was taking her. His order for her to accompany him had come coldly, granting no room for questions nor concessions. They departed alone, no guards, no shackles, merely the two of them to ride upriver.

Dominax finally yanked his reins, steering the lixidion from the beach to plunge deeper into the humid rainforest. The creature galloped through the trees with ease, tearing apart shrubs and oversized leaves until the target of their journey came into view just as Irith peered forwards, spotting the hints of a wall through the dense vegetation. Vines appeared to be in the process of overtaking the battlements as if the forest was attempting to reclaim a structure that hadn't been cared for in years.

They began to follow the outline of the wall deeper into the foliage, tracing its outline for several minutes before eventually emerging from the tree line into a wide clearing. A dilapidated gate came into view, and Irith realized that they had followed the outer wall of a deserted settlement.

Small piles of decaying wood remained where outlying houses may have once stood, overgrown until they were almost entirely unrecognizable. The pair passed through the East facing gate, its heavy wooden doors clinging to rusted hinges as it had been presumably left wide open by curious scavengers.

Irith's lips parted in awe as the lixidion slowed its pace, allowing her to gaze out at the extent of the damage as it somberly pranced down what might have once been a main street, yet was now only a muddy overgrowth. Nearly all of the structures protected inside of the settlement's encircling wall had been burned to the ground, as even the most intact buildings were lucky to still possess two remaining walls at the most. Vines and countless plants had replaced the human inhabitants, with many small creatures stalking through the growing vegetation. Only a single stone building stood taller than two floors, its top appearing to be collapsed inwards.

"What...happened here?" Irith asked, her flowing yet precise accent continuing to cling to her words as she loosened her grip around him to straighten up.

Making no reply, he brought the lixidion towards what remained of the center of the settlement. Hundreds of foot sized stones and wooden poles encircled the center, seemingly intended to have been spaced evenly. An obelisk that stood at the height of an average human towered above the rest, and Irith slowly made out the names of both Briza and Cendra carved into its pale surface as they approached.

Bringing the beast to a halt Dominax dismounted before helping Irith to the ground, uttering nothing as he stepped towards the obelisk. With a cold expression he carefully removed the few hints of plant life that had begun to cling to its newly carved surface.

Irith watched with cautious curiosity as the breeze gently rustled the vegetation, making no move to interrupt him. When he finally turned around to face her, she was surprised to be met with the most hard and oppressive gaze she had ever observed from him. His silver eyes met hers, oozing suppressed rage that leaked from his core.

"This...is Nitri." Dominax finally stated, removing his crown helmet. "The place of my birth. The place of my death. And the place of my rebirth."

Irith looked around her, unfamiliar with the name Nitri. That came as no surprise, as it appeared to be significantly smaller than many of the noteworthy settlements of the region. "Death?"

Dominax gave a firm nod. "In a sense, yes."

Uncertain of his meaning, she gestured to the nearest wooden pole jutting from the ground. "Are these...markers of some kind? Burials?"

"Indeed. You stand on the graves of all those who were slain by Chief Manith's warriors, a Lanthian I executed some time ago. The lucky few of the dead who still possessed living family members after the attack were granted their own individual resting places, while the rest were buried in heaps of up to ten."

The statement sent a shiver through her body, and the extent of the slaughter became clearer as she noted just how many markers lay planted in the dirt.

Dominax gestured for her to come closer, standing side by side before the obelisk. He closed his eyes, subconsciously touching his hand to his chest where the deep scar that ran from his left shoulder to his right hip lay beneath.

The silence lingered until Irith turned towards him, using her calmest voice as she finally spoke. "Dominax...why did you bring me here?"

"We came so that you could understand." He replied, opening his eyes to gaze at the obelisk. "In the years since our first meeting, in all our countless conversations, there remains no string of words that can accurately express...my intentions. For myself, and for you."

"You've certainly tried." Irith replied with only the smallest hint of resentment. "I've heard your explanations, heard what purpose I'd serve as your concubine."

"So you have." He said, pausing only briefly before kneeling down. Then, cupping his free hand to gather a small pile of dirt, he rose to his feet with a sorrowful heaviness. "I've explained the goal of The Empire, the eternal peace that I shall create. I've attempted to justify my actions, my battles, the blood spilled by my name and hand. I've told you all of this before...yet now I show you the physical form of my ambitions." He said, holding out the soil for her to see.

Irith eyed him with skepticism. "You've never given me the impression that your ambitions are...dirt."

"But indeed they are. The dirt of a fallen civilization, the soil holding the bones of a dead population. It is the very purpose of my existence." He explained, allowing the tiny pile to fall from his hand. "I aim to prevent...this. Destruction, slaughter."

"I'm aware of that, Dominax." She replied, letting out a breath as she felt a slight tingle in her chest. It was one thing to listen to his words while locked in a dungeon, and an entirely different feeling to stand over the death in which he spoke.

Dominax paused, calculating his next words with caution. "Your brother fell against my warriors. I...cannot apologize for his death, yet I hope you may at least understand the purpose."

Irith's lips slightly parted to speak, only to fall closed again. In truth, she had blamed him for Enil's death, yet her resentment had softened over the years.

"We've all lost family." He stated, softly laying his hand to rest upon the surface of the obelisk. "I shall create a world in which that may never again occur, yet such a thing requires sacrifices. Were the entirety of Magnius to simply lay down their weapons, I'd eagerly accept a bloodless victory. Yet, you know better than anyone that such hopes are for fools."

Irith nodded, restraining her emotions from flowing as tears. "I...know, Dominax. I know." She wanted to say more, to finally bring her conflicting feelings and urges together in a way she may understand, yet nothing came forth.

"We are nearing the day when you must make your choice, Irith." Dominax said. "I do not ask for your forgiveness, nor do I need it. I...merely hope that you may understand enough to join my court, as there is no limit to the order and stability that we shall create together."

"I'm certain there is much I can do while I warm your bed." Irith replied with cold sarcasm, even while her body pushed daggers of desire for such a fate through the emotion he had stirred up.

Dominax shook his head, releasing a frustrated breath. A long silence lingered between them, only broken when he finally turned to face her directly. "You fear that you will be nothing more than a pleasure slave? Breeding stock?"

Irith folded her arms, attempting to quell her inner turmoil. Lingering emptiness from her brother's loss, a tingle of her loins at the prospect of bearing an Emperor's heir, resentment at her imprisonment, a lust to birth a family of her own, all mixing into a concoction of Dominax's creation. "Not quite. I am not blind to the kindness you've shown me, to the effort you've placed in convincing me. Other rulers would have forced themselves upon me, enslaved me, yet you've shown restraint. With all your claims of granting me purpose...I merely wonder if your interest in me is misplaced, perhaps even unknowingly. Is it possible...that the interest you hold in me will fade the moment I birth the child you seek?"

"Ah...foolish woman." Dominax sneered. "Take note of where you stand. My family lays dead beneath you. Cendra, my...Briza. They remain irretrievable, never to return. I...failed them, failed myself, for even Briza's killer has slipped through my grasp. I..." He began to say, only to wave off the remark. "Then I encountered you, and in you I saw a future I could cultivate. A new family, a new mate. A new path towards a legacy that may sit atop the foundation that is The Empire."

Despite his harsh tone, Irith's heart quickened imperceptibly at the mention of what she had always sought. "You speak once more of family?"

"Of course, a family that shall be worthy of my throne, worthy of leading The Empire to prosperity." He said, only to allow his tone to somewhat soften. "I...shall be blunt with you. In addition to our potential as a pair, I...seek a mother for my daughters, as I've allowed chaos to claim the life of the woman who should have raised them. Xenia is...Xenia, and she shall be adequate as their caretaker for now. Yet, I simply fear...that I may not possess the capacity for the love that a child of my blood deserves."

Concealing her smile, Irith unfolded her arms. "Cendra and...Vixin, correct?"

Dominax nodded. "Indeed. I shall never hide my commitment to ensuring that my dynasty receives only the greatest existence. I believe that you are a piece of that existence, a mate truly worthy of bearing the future members of House Vaid."

Irith's jaw tightened in reaction, finally standing before the future she had dreamed of. She was alone, the only family she had experienced ending the moment Enil had fallen. She had clung to him so tightly, supporting her brother in every way possible.

"Briza...is gone, yet I still see hope when I speak to you."

Slowly, Irith carefully reached over and clasped his hand in hers. Specks of the dirt remained, pressed between their palms.

Dominax turned his head towards her, sternly studying her as they remained silent. Her long braid wiggled lightly in the warm breeze, as if a curious serpent that gazed up at him with her endlessly blue eyes.

No words passed from her lips as she remained still, their hands clasped together in front of the white obelisk.

Coldly, he turned his head towards the grave after what seemed to be an eternity, grimacing as his eyes traveled over the carving of Briza's name. "You have been...to the place I value the most. Now, I ask that you leave."

In confusion, Irith allowed her fingers to slip from his grasp.

"Take the lixidion, as I have instructed Clin to retrieve me in two days. Return to your home, either in Harin, or in Domani." Dominax commanded in a flat tone. "The choice must be made, Irith. Flee to the life you previously possessed or rise to accept your place at my side."

Taking a cautious step back she eyed the reptilian creature, an escape from her lengthy imprisonment in either option.

"I've made such a choice for hundreds of slaves, yet I shall not make it for you. A being of value forges their own path."

Irith wished to say more, peering up at his firm expression, yet she only nodded and began to make her way towards the beast. Carefully, she mounted the lixidion, trapping it between her powerful thighs as she took command of its reins.

She maneuvered the beast to turn around, finding herself surprisingly reluctant to depart from her captor. Curiosity got the better of her, causing her to take one last look back at The God Emperor as she slowly set off towards the gate. He had knelt down, planting his knees onto the grave as he hung his head low.

Returning her attention forwards Irith flicked her reins, inciting the lixidion to speed off through the gaping exit.

34th of Onis, 1 AVE.

Kingdom of Vaidrin, Domani.

Dominax strolled along the polished white stone of what would one day be The Grand Pyramid's oversized new throne room, armorless and alone. Rows of pillars towered over him, leading to the platform that would hold the throne of The Empire. The gargantuan chamber's lofty walls were nearly complete, accompanied by archways that would soon support the heavy weight of the ceiling. With their designs conjured from Lalian's unmatched mind, Dominax held no doubt of their stability.

The red illumination of sunset poured through the top of the unfinished chamber, bathing The God Emperor in fading sunlight as he contemplated alone. The evening always brought the end to his faithful worshipers' construction, leaving the quarter-completed pyramid in a peaceful silence that Dominax yearned for.

He approached the edge of one of the trenches that would be filled with water to act as baths for the many slaves of his harem, peering down into it. Various building materials littered the chamber, including several lounge cushions that would be lined against the walls to allow his slaves to lay back and relax as they displayed their beauty to any who sought an audience with The God Emperor. For now, the cushions lay scattered, testing how best to plan the decorations after construction had been completed.

12