Vaid Empire: Conquest Ch. 42

Story Info
A Woman Makes An Offer To Dominax, And Sabotage Occurs.
6.2k words
4.72
1.9k
2
0

Part 42 of the 61 part series

Updated 03/25/2024
Created 09/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vaid Empire: Conquest is a massive fantasy series that aims to mix erotica with the quality of a published novel. New chapters and artwork are released every month absolutely free, with the completely optional possibility to receive early access. The Series focuses heavily on worldbuilding, story, and characters.

The world of Ayphieal is shattered and chaotic, with kingdoms and tribes of six distinctive races vying for territory amongst themselves. It is only when a young human warrior finally pushes back against the chaos that the world begins to shift towards order.

***

2nd of Senin, 11 AVE.

Shai Domain, City of Shai.

Varse cleared his throat, raising the message cylinder for the Council to see. "I am pleased to announce that the situation in Kinia has stabilized. This God Emperor Dominax, along with the bulk of his imperial legion, has been encircled and besieged within the city of Deci."

"It appears King Olvir has some use after all." Representative Vilsak replied with a disinterested huff, sinking into his chair.

Representative Dasik coughed as small conversations broke out at the news, stroking his chin. "With the effort we placed in positioning him upon his throne after the, allow me to say, unexpected death of his father, one would hope his purpose would fall into anything more than simply destabilizing Kinia. In any case, where exactly is Deci?"

"One of their Northern cities, though it matters little." Representative Wis replied. "Let us grant a token of our favor to Olvir's advisor for manipulating this little victory and be done with it. He is still under our thumb, is he not?"

Varse passed the message cylinder to his right, allowing each of the twenty-eight Representatives to confirm his words. "Of course. Though truthfully, he has done little to serve our aims. This war seems to be led not by Olvir under his advisor's guidance, but rather his brother. That man can never be permitted to gain the throne, for we certainly don't need a capable ruler holding Kinia's crown at this moment of crisis."

"Crisis, my lord?" The Representative to his left asked with confusion. "Are we not witnessing the end to this human empire nonsense?"

Varse tapped his finger upon the massive table, his face stern as he addressed the entirety of the chamber. "In short, likely, though I fear our victory may be premature."

Vilsak straightened up, scowling. "Did this ruler...Dominax...not demonstrate the lie of his supposed godhood? He remained content to rule his lands for years in relative peace, only to fail after reigniting his conquest. What deity may be trapped by mere mortals?"

"Indeed, I believe none in this room shall debate that he has falsely manipulated the masses. Yet let us not forget the fact he claimed the entirety of Kinia's northern border." Ensik added, stroking his chin in thought. "I'm afraid Potentate Varse has given voice to a concern I've pondered these last few months. So eager are we to dismiss a man who formed the first human empire to ever exist..."

"Only to fall to a simple Prince." Sinshi interjected, folding his hands upon his ever-bloating stomach. "Truly Potentate, allow us to conclude this unsavory part of our history and move onto more...lucrative areas of discussion."

Varse succeeded in suppressing his disgust at the man's greed, instead rising to stand. "We would be wise to avoid another folly in feeling secure before catastrophe. Did we not look upon this 'Vaid' Empire with indifference when it first emerged, only to erupt into panic when it uprooted the very foundation of our predictions? I seem to recall Representative Sinshi in particular chastising my leadership at such a time. What did you say then, that 'steps should have been taken'?"

"These damned human writings..." Vilsak muttered as he fumbled with the message cylinder.

Sinshi frowned, folding his arms. "The circumstances were far different than they lay now...my Potentate." He replied, almost spitting out the words.

Varse stood firm, gazing down upon him from far across the ancient meeting table. "In many ways you are correct, though to ensure the security of The Domain I must be certain. Therefore, I propose we send an envoy to The Lanthian Empire and request they make an immediate maneuver to gather their warriors along their mutual border with the humans."

Vilsak opened his hands in exasperation as further loud conversations broke out. "Whatever for?! You'd request an invasion of such absurd scale when this conflict is all but settled?"

"Gentlemen hold! Allow me to explain before you wield your tongues." Varse commanded firmly as he quieted the clamorous chamber. "We currently rest upon a pivot in fate containing FAR too many variables. We know of this Dominax's tendency to defy what we believed was plausible. Stability in their southern territory? A human empire? None held the foresight to predict his effect. To be certain now that he shall be defeated is nothing short of foolish."

"And if so?" Representative Dasik asked calmly as the Dril to his right rubbed his forehead. "If this human truly is defeated?"

Varse held out his hands. "No further action shall be required. I do not request an 'invasion', but rather the preparation for one should we learn of his survival. The Lanthians need only to gather until we are able to assess the situation further. If this human escapes Deci alive, they must be required to march into The Empire's heartland and seize his core of influence."

Sinshi sighed, letting out a chuckle. "It seems our Potentate would see us spend every ounce of political influence we've built within The Lanthian Empire's leadership on...a hunch. Centuries of manipulation, undone on the off chance this human escapes his doom. A bit dramatic, wouldn't you say?"

"I don't find our potential annihilation to be humorous." Varse replied with eyes as cold as the blizzard raging beyond The Citadel's walls. "For too long I've considered this man nothing more than a distraction, a deceiver playing with power. With his reignition of his conquests, I see now that I may be mistaken, for what shall stop him from marching upon us a day in the distant future? What of his descendants, should they continue his momentum? Such a possibility MUST be stopped here, at this singularity in time."

Ensik cleared his throat. "I happen to agree with The Potentate. This Dominax has escaped our every attempt to undo him thus far. Would an assurance of an end to our greatest threat truly be unwarranted?"

"Greatest threat? Hold your wits about you Ensik, for they seem to be fleeting in your old age." Representative Xinsi replied. "The Taziks hold an empire FAR greater than the humans, yet we've successfully pacified them on numerous occasions. Our eyes fall to much greater matters than human squabbles."

"Yet observe their progress." Varse corrected. "Gaze upon just how much they've taken, absorbed into their ever-growing empire in a matter of years while we've prevented The Taziks from conquering Tarahir for decades. That is their threat. That is our failure, laid before us."

"Then you'd have The Lanthians gather a force the size they haven't seen in centuries?" Vilsak asked. "How could their Grand Miarch sell such a thing to their masses without exposing our manipulations? You'd reveal our hand and see it severed."

Varse nodded in contemplation though remained firm. "I've considered such risks myself, and I believe I've found a solution buried in The Citadel's Vault of History. Numerous records depict occasions where The Lanthian's have ventured from their jungle for greater purposes, not so unlike our own. Though the need for them to raise armies is rare following their unification, they've marched against The Kingdom of Wonakaros's southeastern border when their lands have been threatened by raiders."

"Yet the humans have never so much as entered their lands. Such an excuse shall fall away foolishly." Sinshi replied with a subtle grin.

Varse's face hardened further, though he continued. "You fail to see the possibilities, as The Lanthians may claim to be acting preemptively, threatened as they are by such an aggressive realm upon their border. Is that not our own aim, to take action before they are capable of threatening us? The greatest lies are those who hold a hint of truth."

"And if this potential invasion is indeed necessary?" Xinsi questioned. "Will The Lanthians not undo our carefully perfected balance of power? Would we not create a greater threat, allowing them to take The Southern Human Basin?"

"Yet therein lies the art." Varse replied, almost allowing himself to grin. He had certainly come prepared. "Much like our own people, The Lanthians exhibit no desire to hold land outside of their natural environment. To rule anywhere but their treetop cities would become burdensome, particularly when attempting to inflict their will upon unruly humans. Our own records demonstrate that even when taking Arkos lands, they merely dismantle the threat to their borders before pulling back into their jungle. They'll take the human lands, breaking apart whatever unity has been formed by the effects of The Vaid Empire before abandoning whatever they've seized. Is such an outcome not exactly our vision? To return them to the squabbling and manageable Chiefdoms they were before this Dominax?"

The Council broke into conversation, appearing much more controlled than their previous outbursts. Their words came to an end only a short while later, as Sinshi rose from his chair.

"Gentlemen, while you discuss the efficacy of such plans, allow me to remind you of this fact: a maneuver of this proportion may not be required at all. King Olvir holds Dominax, only needing to finish him off the moment this 'Deci' city surrenders. Is the cost of such unnecessary preparations truly in our people's best interest? While we've placed the current Grand Miarch upon the throne of The Lanthian Empire, there is no doubt she'll require far greater compensation at a request of this magnitude."

Varse gritted his teeth at hearing the fat Dril mention the good of their people. He watched as small hints of agreement began to seep from The Council, their origins surprising no one as each began from Representatives under Sinshi's favor.

"As our Potentate previously stated, you claimed that steps should have been taken. Is that not what he has laid at our feet, steps to dismantle this threat permanently? What changed?" Ensik asked with a hint of suspicion.

Sinshi grinned harmlessly. "Good Ensik, a Representative must be adaptive when faced with new information. If our agents are correct in reporting that this human ruler is encircled, is it not our responsibility to avoid excessive and likely wasteful uses of our resources?" He asked, then slightly lowered his voice as he continued. "One would think you'd learn that by now."

The Council fell into individual debates, causing Varse to hold up his hands after a sufficient time. "It comes to a vote then. Those who wish to leverage The Lanthians, place your right hand upon the table. Those who oppose, your left."

Slowly their hands began to fall, allowing Varse's heart to sink. Though Ensik and a handful of others placed their right, the left took the majority. Sinshi appeared pleased, glancing at his companions. His left hand appeared to be more gold than flesh, his many rings tight around his plump fingers.

Within moments, the possibility to conclusively end the greatest threat to their people was dashed, shattering like ice. Varse could now only hope that this Prince, this 'Alrin', was capable of dealing with a man who had escaped death at every turn.

"See what you've left me, Tsida." Varse thought with sorrow as he sank into his seat. "What I've brought upon us."

8th of Senin, 11 AVE.

Kingdom of Kinia, Deci.

"Finally." Dominax whispered to himself as the last of his commanders departed from the chamber. For too long he had sat upon the former Lord's throne, listening to their recounting of the previous night. A flare in citizen resistance here, a theft of the stockpile there, it could all become tiresome to a lesser ruler. Yet on the third hour of issuing commands, even The God Emperor himself was relieved when the main doors were sealed.

Of course, the previous nights hadn't been much calmer. Alrin had begun to make small pushes against their defenses, targeting the weaker sections of the walls and main gate. He seemed to know just when to pull back, applying enough pressure to the besieged legion and population without risking many of his men.

Dominax allowed his eyes to settle upon the chamber as he eased his mind, viewing a throne room that appeared more like a barracks than an auditorium fit for a ruler. Neat rows of armor and weapons lay ready, available to his men upon Alrin's strikes. For a moment he brushed aside their dire situation, running his fingers through Vixin's soft hair as she remained seated upon a pillow just in front of the throne.

A deep warmth ignited in his loins as she turned her head to meet his gaze, watching her beautiful lips curl into a smirk. It would be a lie to claim her presence at his side hadn't aided his sanity during such trying times, as he had kept her very close.

Shutting her silver eyes, he sensed a wordless feeling of daughterly love seep from her mind, followed by a hint of arousal. Their wordless communication causes him to glance at the guards lining the walls, chuckling at their mutual secret.

Almost as though in direct defiance of the newfound calm to the room, the main doors creaked open once more to allow a single guard to enter. She hurriedly crossed the room to bow at his feet, awaiting his order to stand.

Though a hint of irritation swept across his face, he realized he hadn't quite ordered his guards to allow no further interruptions. Instead, he reached down, caressing her cheek. "You may speak."

Obediently she rose to her feet, her cheeks already blushed by his touch. "Your holiness, there is a citizen waiting outside to meet with you. I...understand that you are keeping the number of audiences from the population to an absolute minimum, though-"

"Have you informed this individual as such?" Dominax interjected firmly, returning to idly stroke Vixin's black hair like some well-kept pet.

"Indeed, your holiness. However, I've listened to her story myself, and I believe you'll find her to be quite intriguing." She explained, allowing a slight grin to form.

Dominax opened his mind, sensing the guard's feelings. Certainly, she'd know a plea for charity would do little to interest him. Perhaps the woman offered information relevant to the siege or their defenses? No, the guard's emotions felt far from strategy. Instead, he sensed...there. "Ah...so another comes to volunteer herself. She must surely be aware that I have no shortage of lovers to warm my bed."

Vixin watched the conversation carefully, not daring to interrupt.

Though blushing deeper now, the visible pride on the guard's face increased as she straightened up. "Of course, your holiness, I'm aware that it is our duty to bring only the highest quality of volunteers to your attention. I believe this woman shall meet your qualifications."

Considering her words for only a moment, Dominax waved his hand. "Very well, bring her in. If what you say is true, you know the reward for your service."

The guard nodded firmly, unable to keep the excitement from her face as she marched towards the entrance. She returned, followed by a young woman dressed in a green cloak.

"Approach." He commanded, leaning forward in his throne.

The woman carefully removed her hood, revealing a young and beautiful face. Long strands of wavy black hair toppled over her shoulders, becoming dark brown near the tips. She met his eyes with her own, brimming with ambition before gracefully bowing her head in respect.

Intrigued, Dominax gestured to the female guard. "Our friend here says you've come to make yourself useful to your new ruler. Do you require a translator?"

"No, my lord." The woman replied, her words heavily accented as to almost be difficult to understand. The elegance of her voice reminded him of Irith's own accent, with a hint of variation to indicate their differing homelands.

"Good, then proceed. Speak your intentions and we shall see if I indulge."

The young woman glanced to Vixin, evidently hesitant. "May we be permitted to speak alone, my lord?"

His smirk lessened nearly imperceptibly. "You stand before Princess Vixin of House Vaid. Whatever you wish to request of me may be spoken in my daughter's presence. Now, go on."

"Of course, my lord." She said in an attempt to conceal her reluctance. "I do not mean to show disrespect, though the proposition I bring is quite personal."

Already weary after such a long day, only the beauty of her face and hint of her curves beneath her cloak prevented him from dismissing her outright. "Though I am unfamiliar with many of Kinia's customs, I can assure you that my own culture carries no embarrassment for such discussions, particularly around family. Daughters know their fathers breed, as is natural. That is your purpose in seeking my attention, is it not?"

Vixin concealed a flare of arousal at his words. Of course fathers openly discussed their women around their daughters, yet to commit an act such as they had done? To sense the developing fetus within her? She was almost forced to bite her lip to stifle a moan.

The young woman nodded. "Yes, I offer my womb to the service of your...how do you say...'divine blood', though I make a request in return. There are many who see your occupation of our city as a curse, yet I see an opportunity. I wish to reclaim what has been taken from me."

"Oh?" Dominax questioned as he grinned at her ambition.

"Before you ever set your eyes upon Deci, my bondmate was a skilled trader, exchanging goods as far away as your own borders. He held enough foresight to mentor me in your language, though he remained foolish elsewhere. Politics...my lord." The woman explained, biting her lip in clear frustration. "He was able to make himself quite wealthy. Yet when the former Lord of Deci requested a night with me...my fool bondmate refused. Our home, our wealth, all were stripped away one after one within the year."

Vixin studied the woman carefully. "You may take solace in the knowledge that such corruption has been cleansed from Desi, your former lord resting headless in a pit."

She shook her head. "Revenge was not what I desired, for he merely wished to gain pleasure from his power. All beings seek to do the same, yet he offered my bondmate a position as his advisor for a taste of my body. A fair trade, and one the fool should have taken."

Intrigued, Dominax leaned forwards. "And what has become of this...bondmate of yours? Does he know you've come to offer yourself to me?"

A tiny grin formed on her lips. "Of course not, though he'll never need to. The trade I bring shall benefit us both, for if I give myself to you, I ask that you grant me what we've lost. Uplift me from our squalor, return our wealth and I shall gladly take your seed this night and birth your bloodline into our home."

Smirking, Dominax stroked his beard as Vixin looked up to him. "An intriguing offer, and one I can easily fulfill. Tell me your name, and I shall gladly accept."

With a satisfied relief, the young woman met his silver eyes. "Ceza, my lord."

12