Vaid Empire: Conquest Ch. 47

Story Info
Cendra Relives The Forest Breeding That Sired Her.
10.1k words
4.78
3.7k
2
0

Part 47 of the 61 part series

Updated 03/25/2024
Created 09/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Vaid Empire: Conquest is a massive fantasy series that aims to mix erotica with the quality of a published novel. New chapters and artwork are released every month absolutely free, with the completely optional possibility to receive early access. The Series focuses heavily on worldbuilding, story, and characters.

The world of Ayphieal is shattered and chaotic, with kingdoms and tribes of six distinctive races vying for territory amongst themselves. It is only when a young human warrior finally pushes back against the chaos that the world begins to shift towards order.

***

47th of Thriduin, 12 AVE.

Domani, Capital of The Vaid Empire.

Silence lingered like a miasma of anticipation throughout the throne room as Irith stood still beside Dominax, cradling their son. Upon the second tier of the throne's pyramidal dais The God Emperor drew a dagger, specially forged for the ceremony, holding it aloft above the prince.

Dozens of onlookers held their breath with curiosity, yet where common citizens had crowded the colossal chamber mere days ago to witness the birth of Vixin's son, only Lords and greater were now permitted to witness the ritual. Even the calming waters of the throne room's baths stood deathly still, as every slave of their ruler's royal harem dutifully lined the chamber's far walls, their beauty for once unable to claim the attention of Dominax's vassals for the moment.

"Prince Arinax of House Vaid, inheritor of The Empire's will and mantle, I name you Prince Upholder of Vaidrin, protector of the title that gave birth to our glorious Empire, and heir to the throne of The Vaid Empire!" The God Emperor's powerful voice boomed through the chamber, echoing off the solid walls as he brought the sharp edge of the dagger across his left thumb. His holy blood spilled forth, dripping lightly upon the prince as Irith held the boy steady.

Fear lay plainly across Arinax's features, yet he made no move or protest, merely laying still in his mother's hold. His small body was garbed only in a banner of his House, wrapped tightly around him as his father's blood fell upon its white chimira-silk surface.

"My heir, my blood, you shall follow me when I've left this world. The throne shall be yours." He continued, reaching down to lay his wounded thumb upon the boy's forehead. Slowly he dragged it, painting a crude crescent moon of House Vaid upon Arinax's skin, sealing his fate.

As he closed his glowing silver eyes, Dominax concentrated, touching the mind of his heir. Though he felt the boy's fear as clearly as the sun shining upon the shallow riverside beaches near Domani, he found little confusion inside his son's quick mind.

Opening his eyes brought him back to reality. Or so he thought for a mere instant, for he found that all color had drained from existence. As he looked around, he realized that time itself had come to a stop.

"Dorian?" Dominax asked the frozen air as he stepped away, leaving his body behind. When no reply came, he looked down, seeing that Arinax too continued to move, father and son trapped together in a halted reality.

"Fa..ther?" Came Arinax's only question, far more frightened than before as he looked up at his mother's colorless face.

Only a single known possibility lay before Dominax, for if Dorian hadn't seized their souls in the moment, he himself must have. Just as The Creator had first made his presence known on the bloodstained streets of Nitri, Dominax grinned down upon his concerned son.

"Calm yourself, boy." His booming voice echoed through the eerily still air; in reality a projection into Arinax's mind as a soul speaking directly to another soul. "You'll find nothing more natural than the state you find yourself in."

Despite his firm tone, Dominax couldn't help but share a sliver of the prince's misgivings. How had he managed to pull them from reality, a feat that until this lingering moment he believed only The Creator to be capable of? Moreover, how did one wrench themselves free, returning to reality.

As he stood next to his unmoving physical form he felt the familiar pull, as if venturing forth from his body strained the spiritual links binding them as one being.

"Iiii oooo"

The sound brought his attention down towards The Sword of Order as it hung from its sheath, the orb in its center glowing like a blazing inferno. Dominax instinctually reached out with his ghostly hand, unthinking as he sought its raging power.

A surge of images rushed through his head the instant he made contact, visions morphing and merging. As he had during the creation of the blade itself, he saw the figure of a man lying in bed, his details beyond the reach of his observer's gaze. Another stood at his side, younger, though far older than any ordinary human could hope to achieve. Dominax could feel them, their vast years, their spiritual bond, only the faintest sensation of their souls.

Still the sword remained clutched in eldest man's hands, yet now Dominax watched as he moved to place it in the second's grasp. Together both men held the hilt, ripping the vision away.

For the briefest moment Dominax felt as though he were falling, collapsing until his silver eyes flashed open and he was once again returned to reality within his body.

"Are you well, my love?" Irith whispered with a sideways glance at her mate as thunderous cheers erupted throughout the throne room, her smooth words hardly loud enough to hear above the commotion.

Centering himself in the moment he nodded before turning to the roaring crowd, standing proud and concealing a sudden deep exhaustion that threatened to overtake him. Whatever the purpose of his vision, if any truly existed, he'd have ample time to ponder later.

The clamorous noise gradually eased as he once more raised the dagger, inciting every watcher to quiet before speaking. "Each of you serves The Empire, the throne, and now you must pledge yourselves once more. Kneel, pay obeisance to your future God Emperor, the shepherd of your descendants, Prince Upholder Arinax of House Vaid. In doing so you and your successors swear to obey my choice in heir, vowing to one day serve him as you've served me."

Each Lord, High Lord, a King, and a Queen Regent began to kneel in turn, bowing their heads before the throne. In moments none remained standing aside from the guards, watching over the mass of nobles intently.

Dominax's gaze swept over the audience, his silver eyes assessing each of them. Many faces spotted amongst the crowd were familiar, such as King Foin of Domexia, Queen Regent Elmia of Cendia, The Lords and Lady Kixanil, Priax, and Dunith of The Cities Luxi, Crosia, and Omrin, and High Lord Girnax of The Ashin District. In other faces remnants of the past lingered, such as Lord Monil of The City of Avila, son of the fallen Lord Ainir, or High Lady Vora of The Tarin District, daughter of old Voris. Yet others were entirely new to him, such as High Lords Janarin and Fanir of the fairly new Argin District and the accursed Deci District, or High Lady Adra of the struggling Kilian District in Cendia. Even Mayors found themselves amongst the crowd, yet the simple Administrators of countless Villages were too numerous for The God Emperor to bother with.

The future secured in blood, he allowed them to rise as he looked down at Arinax. The new Prince Upholder of Vaidrin nearly trembled under his gaze, as if understanding the unliftable weight of duty that had been thrust upon his young shoulders.

For an instant Dominax found the corners of his proud smirk dropping.

***

"So...the self-proclaimed God returns..."

Dominax heard the faltering voice of The Creator as the door of the pod sealed shut behind him, stepping into The Chamber of Deliverance. "Many attempted to prevent such a thing."

Through the darkness of the chamber only the faintest outline of Dorian's ghostly form was visible, pacing slowly as Dominax strode to the center of the consuming expanse. He studied The God Emperor, eyes peering from beneath his spectral hood. Slowly he approached, step by soundless step, before a sudden smile burst across his face. He reached out to clasp his son's forearm, his lightly transparent hands unable to truly touch the younger man's skin without passing through. "Ah my boy...it is good to see you..."

Feeling nothing more than air upon his arm Dominax granted him a satisfied nod. "Indeed, old man. None could keep me from the embrace of this inner sanctum."

"You were...successful then?"

"Kinia lays in ruins beneath my throne, ready to be rebuilt into something grand."

The ancient brows resting upon Dorian's face lifted, accompanied by a frown. "I suppose that was...your wish. In time we shall see...if you hold true to your word."

"Don't over concern yourself with the fate of your creations, for I will bring them eternal peace." Dominax replied with folded arms.

The Creator returned to his slow encircling pacing. "How odd it is...to hear of their end. I watched their departure...from what is now The Great City of Visti. I watched...the first hut raised, the first tribe...to settle where Privin lays..."

"The end of one Era and the birth of another." Dominax stated before waving his hand in dismissal. "Think no more of them, for they are only the beginning. In any case, I've come to discuss a matter of some concern."

"Then you don't come...simply to pay an old man a visit?" Dorian asked with a sarcastic chuckle. "I know of what you speak..."

"Do you?" Dominax tilted his head slightly. "I'd very much doubt that. Much has occurred in the years since my departure."

"Much...indeed..." The Creator's words oozed weakly from his lips as he met The God Emperor's eyes. "Yet the burst of power...I sensed this morning is not something...to be taken lightly."

Dominax nodded. "I pulled Arinax and myself from our physical forms, though exactly how remains unclear. However, something...more occurred, as the orb granted me a vision once more."

"A vision?" Dorian asked as he halted.

"Spoken directly into my mind." Dominax replied before beginning to describe every detail of the vision. From the old man lying in bed, to the younger reaching out, Dorian listened intently. Every word seemed to pull him closer, his spectral form slowly approaching until he stood before his son.

The Creator loomed beneath his hood, replying only after considering his words. "The orb...is a mere byproduct of creation...a drop of reality taken from my forging of Ayphieal. It was never intended...to grant 'visions'."

"Yet it was formed by your own will, was it not? How can a creator be unaware of its creation's capabilities?"

"One would be surprised...at just how far a creation may differ from its intended purpose." Dorian eyed the younger man without humor. "I can offer...little insight, though it appears the very fabric...of reality spoke to you. As to why, or even how...who can say?"

The response brought a frown to Dominax's features. "If not you, who indeed? What's more, though I remained unable to clearly see the forms of the two men, I sensed something quite familiar, if only a small taste of their souls. I confess...I believe the eldest man was myself."

Taken aback, Dorian nearly chuckled as he reached out to place a hand onto his shoulder, unable to truly make contact. "My boy...visions are at best unclear...and at worst entirely false. You cannot possibly know...that the man was you."

"Yet I sensed him, a whisper of myself." Dominax stated firmly. "I could feel Arinax beside him, surely the younger man."

"Or your descendants...carrying your blood." Dorian countered. "A God Emperor of the far future...passing the blade to a successor."

"The feeling was faint, it's true." He nodded. "Yet had you sensed them, I believe you'd agree. A possible death, peacefully resting after a lifetime upon the throne, all of Magnius beneath my banner."

"Are you...so sure? If not a death in victory, what of one...in defeat? Casting aside your blade...as your empire lays in ruins at your feet?" The Creator replied, taking no joy in his words. "You witnessed very little...no hint of the world around these two men. Such a tiny glimpse...may prove to be misleading..."

"Ah, yet I saw the royal chambers atop The Grand Pyramid, nearly completed as we now speak. A man in exile doesn't die at home."

"Yet a man surrounded by rebellion...may very well." Dorian said as he stroked his hairless chin. "Still...that assumes you truly saw yourself...rather than any number of possible alternatives. Hypothetically, if we simply accept...that the man was indeed you...how can you be certain it wasn't conjured from your subconscious? A hopeful dream...rather than a vision of a future reality?"

"I admit I can't be certain." Dominax replied after pondering, folding his hands behind his back. "I know little about the possibilities of existence, less than you. Yet if there is a single hope that such a fate awaits me...I shall seek it, crave it, ensure it becomes a reality."

Dorian somberly pulled his hand away. "None more than me...wishes for such a fate to befall you. My only desire...is to see you in peace, though I fear you've failed to see the purpose...in such a vision, if any exists. Focus on one path, assured of a calm victory...and you shall overlook very real dangers that threaten to cut it short. My boy...don't allow a dream to destroy your future..."

A silence lingered, and Dominax thought to the first instant he had glimpsed such visions, the orb speaking to his mind as The Sword of Order came into being. A warning, it had claimed, yet for who? "Very well, Dorian, though any discussion about the validity of these visions may prove entirely useless without dealing with a single factor. Arinax."

Straightening up, Dorian met his eyes. "What of the boy?"

Though his jaw tightened with gritted teeth, Dominax forced himself to speak. "He is my blood, my legacy, yet he's weak. Not in power, of course, as I sense he'll eclipse even Vixin in capability, though in valor. I seek his ambition, his passion, his hunger, and I am met with a frightened boy clinging to his mother's breast."

"Can you...expect any different? He's merely in his third year and already faced...with unprecedented expectations."

Dominax shook his head. "I sensed little of his reluctance in his siblings. As children they thrived, explored, yearned to seek their place. Arinax seems only to dread, as if each day brings him closer to fulfilling his duty."

"Why seal him...as heir, if such is the case?"

The God Emperor's face hardened. "Because he has the makings of a worthy being, the raw material that needs only a skilled hand to forge him into something glorious."

Dorian frowned once more. "Arinax...is a good boy. I've watched over him in your absence...of course, a silent guardian. Please, use only a gentle hand to guide him..."

"I'll do exactly what is necessary, nothing more, yet nothing less." He replied before releasing a sigh. "He must be made strong. The Arinax in my vision held none of his fear, none of his weakness, only the hunger and ambition required of the Prince Upholder of Vaidrin. If such a fate is to ever become reality, I require that Arinax."

Dorian lowered his head. "Already this vision...drives you. In your haste to seek peace...be careful you don't undo yourself..."

"The vision was a mere confirmation, Dorian." Dominax said as his hands tightened, a memory of Nitri burning flashing through his mind. "Survival demands the strength to do what's necessary. His fear shall not be permitted to claim him."

As his form gradually began to fade, the old ghost nodded in understanding. "I can only hope...you proceed with caution. I shall need...to rest, my boy, though I cannot express...what a joy it is to see you once more...if only for a moment..."

"Very well, I shall return soon." Dominax said as he turned to depart.

"Before...you go..." Dorian's voice called out faintly. "I've yet to congratulate you. Your first...grandchild? My boy...I've never been so proud..."

Dominax turned with a satisfied grin. "The first of many. Our line shall never wither."

"Yet I sense...our line intersects. I feel the father...of my granddaughter's child..." Dorian revealed quietly, giving no voice to his thoughts. "I sense...the spiritual bonds..."

For a single moment The God Emperor peered at the fading figure, unsure of himself. "And this oddity disturbs you?"

Finally, Dorian smiled. "Such was...inevitable, for it seems the sins of the father passes to his son. We're more alike...than you know..."

Dominax chuckled, masking a flicker of relief. "Inevitable indeed."

2nd of Fonic, 12 AVE.

Domani, Capital of The Vaid Empire.

Vixin cradled her son in her arms, seated beside her father at the massive table. The feast held in the new Prince Upholder's honor raged throughout the massive dining room, each level of the three-tiered chamber bustling with lords and ladies.

As if steps made for a giant extending from the room's entrance, each of the three leveled tiers of the floor had remained empty in The God Emperor's absence, only for the chamber to explode with lively echoes of conversation and revelry, breathing life into The Grand Pyramid. The three expansive tables resting upon each level were claimed by vassals blessed with an invitation to celebrate The God Emperor's chosen successor, as dancing slaves writhed atop their carved stone surfaces.

The object of their festivities, Arinax sat upon his father's lap, silently watching the commotion with worried silver eyes. Upon every passing minute he'd turn his head once to his right, seeking his mother as she sat beside Vixin. True to her word, her support hasn't ended the moment the child slipped from her stepdaughter's loins, for she continued to dote upon the princess and her baby. Where she had been expected to claim her seat beside her mate, Dominax was instead flanked on either side by Cendra and Vixin, daughter's holding the honorary position of their father's lovers.

"He's precious." Irith said, looking down upon the baby cradled within the princess's arms. "Still, you should be resting. Childbirth is no easy feat, and none would think less of you if you decided not to attend today."

Vixin chuckled lightly at that, recounting the pain of the moment she received her first gift. Though unpleasant to be sure, the suffering of ordinary humans during birth remained FAR from her experience. It had felt natural...nearly pleasing on a deeply instinctual level, as even the act itself had lasted far shorter. Her body had recovered quickly, leaving little to hint of her pregnancy and birth. Already she had begun to regain the tightness of her loins, confirmed repeatedly by Dominax's inspections. "I shall be fine, Irith. Already I feel like my old self again, if not better."

To her side The God Emperor interjected, thinking of his daughter's recounting of the birth. "Of course. Perhaps the bodies and vaginas of Vaids are simply better designed to reproduce."

The comment brought a blush to both women's faces, causing them to giggle to each other. Cendra, placed on the other side of her father, blushed alone, knowing with a flare of excitement what would soon be expected of her.