Vegas Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With his free hand, he pointed at his shirt and jeans. The attractive red haired woman laughed again, her eyes never leaving his.

"Just so we're clear, I'm not one of 'you people' and the reason I noticed you back then was because you did look so smart. You look different. I like that!"

"I'm sorry..." Daniel began to say, but her laughter cut him off again.

"Don't worry, there's no reason to apologise."

Her face was amused and Daniel noticed the freckles around her neck and across the top of her cleavage. She saw his eyes wander and her eyes sparkled again.

"So then, what do you think of my outfit?"

She took a small step backwards to allow him to view her slim but curvy figure, and closely watched his widening eyes as they took in her attire. She knew she had a flawless body and as she stepped away, she made a point of arching her back, emphasising the full up-thrusting breasts that spilt over her low cut carnival style bra. Her pretty face crinkled in amusement as his eyes widened further.

"I see you like it!" she teased.

She raised an eyebrow when she spoke and as Daniel began to blush, she laughed again, a delicious, throaty sort of noise.

"Well," she said, making a point of looking him up and down with a slow sweep of those sparkling eyes, "I like what I see too." As Daniel felt his blush deepen, she added, "But I guess I'd better get back to serving. See you later."

As she sashayed away with a deliberate and provocative roll of her firm hips, she turned back and flashed a smile at him over her shoulder. Daniel felt a second sudden surge of excitement in his groin and needed to remind himself that Grace would be waiting for him when he returned to their hotel. Taking a deep breath to compose himself, he glanced around the now crowded suite, the noise levels increasing in line with the number of new arrivals.

He reflected that before departing from London, he had received an email from Practically Poker. It had advised that if he agreed to wear their logo gear the whole time he was in the Main Event, they would provide him with accommodation at a large hotel in Las Vegas and that when he signed his Terms & Conditions he would get a nice travel bag filled with Practically Poker clothing and other goodies.

The party tonight was an opportunity for Practically Poker to repeat that news and within twenty minutes a suave young Executive was doing exactly that, standing in front of a microphone at the top end of the suite. He gestured to a corner of the suite which he said was dedicated to the formalities of handing out the Terms and Conditions and distributing the goodies on immediate signature. But then he provided the news that elicited a massive cheer from the room.

If any of the Practically Poker 'team' of qualifiers made it to the Final Table, he explained, they would pay them two hundred thousand dollars. Not only that, he said, but a half a million dollars would be paid to anyone making it to second or third place, with a cool two million dollars for the winner.

There was an audible gasp around the room as he spoke, and then as repeated the words, loud cheers rang out again, followed by a babble of excited chatter. Once the man had finished his speech by wishing good luck to everyone there, Daniel lined up with the others as instructed, preparing to sign his document entitling him to the freebies and gratefully accept the bag of goodies.

The evening that followed consisted of drink and poker stories. As time progressed, Daniel realised there were three main categories of conversation. First, there were the Practically Poker people who were very friendly and could not do enough, but whose main topic of debate was centred on their ultimate objective of ensuring their name received maximum publicity. Fair enough, thought Daniel. This was their party after all, and it was courtesy of their site that he was actually here.

The second category related to the majority, like Daniel, for whom this was their first time in Vegas. Every one of them was, like him, searching for World Series stardom and each had their own story to tell as to how they made it to this point. And every one of them appeared determined to do so.

Thirdly, there were the few people who had also qualified by satellite in previous years and who insisted in regaling all and sundry with their experiences and 'achievements'. Primarily, it seemed to Daniel after he had politely listened to a couple of such tales, the purpose was to increase their own self esteem and image. There was one particular guy who appeared to be the loudest of all, dressed in the unusual combination of sleeveless t-shirt and white Stetson.

After listening to the third of such reminiscences in the vain hope of hearing something that may prove advantageous to him at some later stage, Daniel moved on, joining a few others who seemed to make a point of attempting to move to a separate group each time another self promotion story began to unfold.

As the drinks flowed, Stetson became progressively vociferous, alternating between ogling the waitresses and telling increasingly absurd tales of his status on 'the circuit'. It was with some relief that Daniel was easily able to slide away and having had his fill of promotions, stories, drink and the buffet that had been made available to everyone, he began to think about returning back to his hotel.

It was after eleven o'clock and he was wondering how Lauren's audition had gone and whether she and Grace would have returned by now. Instead of allowing himself to be dragged into any further conversations, he began to make his excuses, explaining that he was playing in an Omaha tourney tomorrow.

*

The two sisters had realised too late that their shopping expedition had gone on for far too long, but then there had been so much to see. That resulted in time being limited to ensure that Lauren was looking her best for her audition, but brought with it the benefit that there was no time for her to start feeling uncomfortable or nervous. Girls being girls, it still took the two women a good couple of hours with Lauren trying each outfit she had brought with her at least twice, before they were satisfied with what she should wear.

Taking one final look in the mirror, they grinned into each other's animated eyes, and smiled in satisfaction at Lauren's appearance. They felt light headed with excitement as they left Lauren's room, adjacent to Grace and Daniel's, and headed along the long hallway to the elevators. The taxi took twenty minutes to deliver them to the small offices and they glanced nervously at one another as they entered.

There was a tall, long mirror off to the right in the bright reception area and Lauren studied her appearance one final time. She wore a sleeveless white blouse and a short, tight, dark skirt, with medium heels. Grace had told her it was 'hot' without appearing too obvious, and they both regarded the small flower print bra and matching high cut bikini panties she wore underneath as 'cute', rather than sexy.

Being unsure of the nature of the audition, and of exactly what would be required of Lauren, they had decided to be conservative. They waited a couple of minutes after ringing the bell in the vacant reception, before a striking looking woman met them.

She was an incredible looking lady, not unlike Demi Moore, Lauren thought, as she took in the short, raven coloured hair, piercing dark eyes and quite stunning figure. Lauren introduced herself, and then Grace, and any doubts they had harboured as to how this woman would feel about the two of them being there were immediately dispelled. She greeted them both enthusiastically.

"Hi. I'm Kay Kristen, please call me Kay," she said, before introducing them to 'her photographer,' a tall, well built man who had walked in behind her.

"And I'm Dan Wilson," he pleasantly said as he walked over to them.

Grace and Laura shot each other a darting look as they tried not to drool at this hunk in a suit, as his huge hand shook both of theirs.

Kay asked the two sisters if they would mind waiting in reception whilst she and Dan finished some uncompleted business and the two of them did not return until a good ten minutes had passed. When they did, for a few seconds they stood, looking down, appraising Lauren. Lauren's puzzled features stared back, wondering exactly what it was they were searching for and whether her audition was about to reach an abrupt and unwelcome ending?

She glanced at Grace, who returned her stare with an imperceptible nod of her head, as if urging Lauren to ask exactly what was happening. But as Lauren was about to pose the question, Kay Kristen ran her beautifully manicured fingers through her shiny dark hair, and then smiled. Still without speaking, she reached out and took hold of Lauren's trembling hand, gently but firmly pulling the younger sister to her feet. As Lauren stood, she glanced again at Grace.

Kay Kristen smiled again, her dark eyes glinting with approval.

"That's good, Lauren," she murmured, though neither Lauren nor Grace was aware of exactly what it was that she was referring to. "Now walk to the opposite end of the room, turn around, stand there, and walk back."

Although Kay smiled when speaking, her tone inferred it was more of a command than a request. Lauren immediately followed instructions, working her movements for maximum effect as she strutted to the far wall, stopping beside the large portrait of Kay on the plain, cream wall. She turned and after pausing, hand on hip, she walked confidently back to Kay and Dan.

Kay enthused, "Very good, Lauren. I like the style."

She took a couple of elegant steps back and gracefully perched herself on the thick arm of the large, leather couch that sat to their left. The opening in her short, pleated skirt displayed the lacy top of her black stocking as she did so and all three pairs of eyes in the room were drawn to the provocative sight. She knew the effect as she nodded across to Dan, who took her glance as his cue to speak.

"Well Lauren, I'm delighted to tell you that Kay and I think you are everything that your previous work told us you would be. We saw that as soon as you arrived and we think we have a job that you might be very interested in."

Before Lauren could respond, Kay Kristen interrupted.

"We are providing photograph's to help launch a new magazine, Lauren. We need a face for the cover, one that hasn't been seen before, together with a series of face and body shots for the inside pages. And in our professional opinion, Lauren, we think you are perfect for both."

She paused, waiting for a response, but Lauren did not answer, could not answer. Her glossy lips had silently parted and she looked open mouthed at first Kay, then Dan, and finally Grace. Kay Kristen laughed aloud, her ample bosom beneath her dark jacket heaving as she did so. She seemed to take Lauren's amazement as her cue to continue, running a hand along her shapely thigh as she did.

"We have been talking about promoting this new magazine for some little time and the publishers are hard task masters. They are looking for a fresh, young and inexperienced woman to be their cover and have rejected everything we've sent them so far."

She hesitated, as if for emphasis, before continuing, "But they liked the work your agency sent over, and now that Dan and I have seen you in the flesh, so to speak, we're pretty sure they'll be knocked out by your looks. And your body."

Her voice purred out those final three words and as it did so, her sharp eyes took in Lauren's shapely legs and then lingered on her full breasts. Lauren was too shocked to notice the undertones and did not know what to say, gazing across at Grace, whose beaming face was staring back at her.

Bringing a hand to her flushed cheeks, Lauren began to respond, "That's fantastic..." only to pause as Dan held up his hand.

"Lauren, we need to take a few photos of you right here, right now," he said. "I need your photograph in different poses so that we can show the publishers that we have exactly what they're looking for. When they respond, we'll be able to confirm if they want to use you. Is that okay with you?"

"Absolutely," responded Lauren, still partially stunned by the turn of events.

Kay stood up, smoothing her skirt over her thighs.

"This is a big opportunity for you Lauren. It's not only this job, and that is very well paid employment, believe me. But it should also open up quite a few doors. We talked to your agency before you flew out here, Lauren. If this job is confirmed, we'll buy you out of that contract and take you onto our books. You'll sign an exclusive contract with me. No ifs or buts. So, Lauren..... interested?

Lauren gasped aloud, her breathing ragged, almost unable to comprehend what was being said. This was her opportunity. The opportunity she had been waiting for. This could mean everything to her.

"I don't know what to say," she gasped. "Except... yes! I'm very interested."

Kay smiled. If her instincts were correct, she could mould this young woman in more ways than one. She licked her glossy lips in anticipation.

*

Daniel saw the redhead again as he was walking towards the door to leave. Her flashing green eyes were staring at him, as if she had been monitoring his progress across the crowded room. Could she have been looking for him, he wondered?

"Hi," she said, stepping in front of him. "Going so soon?"

Daniel mumbled something about having an Omaha tourney tomorrow, but she made no move to acknowledge his excuse. Instead, her smiling eyes focused into his, as if searching for something. It made Daniel feel uncomfortable, albeit in a warm way, and as she raised an eyebrow, he desperately tried to keep his eyes on her freckled face, rather than drop to her impressive breasts. With some embarrassment, he found that they did not follow his instructions.

The redhead realised he was having an internal struggle, and felt complimented to have this handsome stranger staring so shyly but so obviously displaying such a hunger. This young man was so different from the majority of the too obvious approaches that she had come across whilst on duty and had something about him that attracted her. She had not had sex since leaving her boyfriend to head for Vegas and she felt an unexpected arousal spread through her.

She put her hands on her bare hips before slowly and almost imperceptibly arching her back, pushing her breasts into greater prominence. They both knew she was doing it for effect and Daniel stood mesmerised. He was spellbound by the way the two small hard delicious nipples pushed against the fabric of her skimpy bra and it took a few moments before he was able to jerk his gaze back to her face.

He realised she had missed nothing and was still smiling in that teasing way of hers. She had a jaunty confidence about her that set his heart racing. In an attempt to take his mind, and lustful eyes, away from her body, he asked if she was here just for the evening. She nodded, her eyes warm and inviting.

"I've been out here for a few weeks, making money. I've done that every year to help fund my way through college," she confided, her breasts brushing against his arm as she leant closer. "I graduated last year but wanted to make some spending money. I have one more night working and then a few free days before I return home, unless I can find some more promotional work. But that shouldn't prove too difficult."

Before Daniel could ask a second question, he felt someone stumble into him from behind, and turned to see Stetson. He was clearly drunk now, his face bright red. He lurched against Daniel again, almost toppling him over as he attempted to steady himself. Daniel caught him by the arm and balanced him upright.

It was then that Stetson saw the redhead and making a more determined effort to steady himself, slurred, "Are you doing anything later tonight, sexy?"

She looked at Daniel. "I'm beginning to think I might be," she responded, ignoring the drunk and fixing Daniel's wide eyes with a challenging gaze.

Daniel stared back. Inside his jeans he felt his penis began to lengthen steadily at such an unexpected and blatant invitation. Ignoring their drunken friend, she placed a slim hand on Daniel's arm.

"Would you like me to show you around the hotel?" she asked.

Hypnotised, Daniel just nodded. He knew he should leave but realised he would find it impossible to turn down such an invitation. As he paused, Katherine took his bag of goodies and placed it to one side, then linked a bare, freckled arm into his and guided him to the open door behind them, leaving the drunk behind as she did so.

"I'm Katherine, by the way," she said, stopping so that she could turn and look into his eyes. It really was as if she was searching for something, Daniel thought again.

"I'm Daniel," he laughingly replied.

"From England," she said, her perfume fuelling Daniel's senses. "Tell me about yourself, Englishman."

Katherine took him to the elevator and they made their way down to the main floor, falling into a long, easy conversation as they did so. Daniel began to explain how it was he had arrived in Vegas and every so often, Katherine pointed out several different areas of note. Throughout, she made a point of continuing to lightly hold his arm, squeezing it gently whenever she stopped to describe an attraction.

As they talked, Daniel found that her teasing, flirting manner kept him on his toes, particularly as he was alternating between a raging erection and pangs of guilt. Her bright green eyes sparkled in the overhead light as she took a firmer grip on his arm as they walked. Daniel could smell her perfume and the aroused condition he could feel in his jeans seemed permanent.

After a while, it seemed he had explained everything from learning to play poker and how it had led him to Vegas. Having told her everything that he was hoping to achieve, he introduced Grace into the conversation. He knew it was an attempt to sooth his guilty conscience at allowing himself to be in this position.

As they continued on their tour, he kept looking at this tantalising creature and decided he needed to keep Grace firmly in mind if he was to keep the tingling in his loins under control. So he told Katherine about Grace's musical dreams and her fierce determination to succeed, and then talked about Lauren and the fact that she was undergoing a modelling audition tonight whilst he was at the party.

As they walked along what Katherine told him was 'Convention Way', the lengthy corridor between the Rio Hotel-Casino and the Amazon Room, she asked about him and Grace. Where they engaged? Did they plan to marry?

Daniel truthfully told her where he felt their fragile relationship now stood, despite it having started out so well and that he hoped that perhaps Vegas might rekindle the original spark. It was at that point he realised they had returned to the elevators and all of a sudden he seemed to grasp where he was. He almost reluctantly told Katherine that Grace and Lauren would be waiting for him back at the hotel and that he should be getting back.

She responded with that teasing smile and took his hand firmly in hers, walking him into a waiting elevator. They were joined by a Chinese family whose parents were attempting to quieten their three excited offspring and as they alighted, Katherine took his hand again. She led him along the long hotel corridor back to the suite, the tension of the moment causing Daniel's long legs to shake slightly as they walked.

"Perhaps I should be getting back now," he quietly said, as she stopped one door away from the scene of the introductory party.

"But you don't have your bag of goodies, Englishman," she tantalisingly said.