Verity's in Love Ch. 03

Story Info
The Sting.
9.4k words
3.86
9.6k
8

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 11/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rakiura10
Rakiura10
270 Followers

It was dusk as the blue grey Porsche headed north on the main street of one of those small State highway towns that had yet to be by passed by an express way. The Porsche did a sweeping U turn and drove into a now rare old fashioned service station. A 30 something and weary small town pump station husband and wife sat behind a counter watching the slightly grand but not ostentatious vehicle pull up. "Nice," the male of the pair muttered, wondering who it might belong to. He was not expecting the driver, a rather elegant slender woman of graceful bearing wearing dark tights and a loose top pinned to one side with a broach, easing herself from the car.

Staring, the other quipped, "talk about accessorizing, she wears that car well."

The passenger door opened and Stephen stepped out.

"He's a lucky chappie."

"I would be OK with him if she wanted to leave him here," the woman adds.

"Oh really; I'm not good enough for you then."

"Not remotely in the same league, Luv."

Stephen and Leda were travelling up to Auckland to view potential properties. Stephen had flown down to Wellington to meet the mysterious Client who was financing his biggest project to date and at this time they were reviewing some potential locations. Leda had wanted to take the Porsche for a spin so instead of flying they had the comfort and the excitement of the Porsche.

Up until then the chat had mainly been about business and design. There was a little bit about Leda and a little bit about Stephen. From here the conversation would dramatically effect Stephen's future in others ways than his work.

Stephen had visited Leda Saunder's Wellington waterfront apartment. On the top floor it was large with and understated opulence. It had large windows with unfettered views across a glaring sparkling ocean. Leda had answered the door in her dressing gown. Even in her dressing gown Leda's elegance was immediately obvious. Unlike many elegant women she did not appear cool, she presented Stephen with a warm smile, stepping back slightly, welcoming him in.

"Sorry you must be Stephen, I was expecting you,"she said, "I was just doing my morning yoga. You can join me if you like."

"I think I'll give the yoga a miss but otherwise happy to join you."

Stephen walked into the sitting area eying the tasteful contemporary furniture and expensive artworks.

"Is this one of Charlie's interiors?"

"Got it in one. Would you like a drink?"

"Something non-alcoholic would be fine."

"Mmmm, I have some lemon lime with cucumber and mint; goes nicely with tonic."

"That's novel; sounds delicious."

Leda prepared a long glass with a slice of lime and ice."

"Do you mind if we do this while I finish my Yoga."

"Not at all." Stephen relished the thought of sitting there while she contorted her lithe body. It would be distracting, but what the hell.

Stephen settled into a white leather Eames chair while Leda discarded her gown and arranged herself onto her yoga mat, facing away from him. She squatted, and then tilted forward onto her hands and knees. Then spreading legs akimbo lowered her self onto her stomach and then began rocking forward slightly tilting up and down and followed by small circular movements. Stephen could plainly make out her vulva through her yoga pants and the movement was giving him an uncomfortable erection. He crossed his legs

"This is the manduka position" Leda finally said. "An excellent position for sex; my Favourite."

"Dammit Leda; are you teasing me?"

"I might be." She turned toward him with a coquettish smile; then Leda launched into a new position.

Frederick had warned him about Leda. She was totally at ease with her body. Being provocative this way was her little test for him. Her interest would be how he reacted. Let's say she stimulated him but he was not about to be too distracted.

Stephen took stock of Leda in the context of her home. Everything oozed taste. Leda herself was charming. Her deportment gave the appearance of being taller than she was. She was a dark brunette with hazel eyes but her skin was really quite fair. She spoke with an English accent. A correct one which Europeans might call the 'Oxford English' they aspire to. Stephen knew she was born in New Zealand but she had obviously spent a lot of time overseas. He caught sight of some of her cards sitting in a small brass tray on a side table. Idly he picked one up. Reading it he raised his eyebrows.

Dr Leda Saunders, DClinPsy, MBA(Hons)

"What's DClinPsy?"

"Doctorate in Clinical Psychology."

"You're a shrink?"

"What did you think I was?"

"I ...ahh."

"A high class whore?"

Stephen was plainly embarrassed.

"Don't worry. Actually I prefer to think of myself as a courtesan. I have a very small number of very select clients. They are also my investors."

"I have to say I am intrigued."

"You see, I am a business woman as opposed to a working girl. Sex is just part of my modus operandi. I have always been interested in the Japanese Oiran and Geisha. They entertain in artistic ways and sex is just a natural part of the whole. In the modern world I have a feminist bent of business arts."

"So where does your academy fit in?"

"I have a dream of creating highly skilled courtesans. They operate in business, technology, science and the arts unencumbered by marriage."

"Is the world ready for this?"

"I am starting small. Initially a diploma for a working girl or guy to help them survive, to be safe; improve their technique and service and give them a sense of achievement. Then we can build on qualifications, maybe skills in dance and other arts, perhaps even academic to university level. We will not change the world but graduates will drip feed into the industry over time."

Stephen and Leda discussed this for some time. After a while Stephen's curiosity got the better of him. "I am not trying to be prurient about this. I hope you don't mind me asking. How did you get into it?"

I don't mind at all. I originally went to university to do law. I had no resources so I latched on to a QC who became my sugar Daddy. I intended to come out of university free of debt. While doing law I was taking BA credits in psychology. I became disenchanted with law and the psychology took over. My day job moved up with my academic career until I did my doctorate in London."

"What was your area of study?"

"Sexual violence?"

"What BDSM and stuff"

"No, no, no. criminal violence. I wanted to make the profession safer."

"...And the MBA?"

"I have a few very high flying international clients. I integrate sex into my business activity."

"Doesn't the sex get out of control?"

"I am passed wild sex. This is quite different. I have studied a lot from other cultures, Tantra and the like. The sex is simply the most intimate part of the spectrum that covers the social and business part of my life."

"Are all your clients men?"

"There is one Woman."

So there was this world Stephen did not even know existed. It was not one he was particularly drawn to but the opportunity to create structure and interiors to support it fascinated him just as he might relish the thought of designing a mosque or a cathedral. Stephen thought such building might indeed have a spiritual dimension.

The intense discussion carried through into lunch, dinner and into the following day finally finding them both on the road up to Auckland. The Porsche as it turned out did not actually belong to Leda but belonged to one of her clients.

As Stephen and Leda pulled out of that service station Stephen and Leda's relationship took a different turn away from the subject of their business together.

Eyes on the road and without looking at Stephen Leda broke a silence with a simple statement.

"I hear you are divorcing your wife."

Stephen wondered where this was going to go.

After considering the statement a while, he said, "I don't know, I would have to agree on a separation and then it would take two years to get the divorce. We have two boys and I want to do my best by them."

"What about your wife, Verity is her name isn't it?"

"She has got herself into a real fix. She seems to have fallen in love with a married guy who has four kids. He is a player and there is no future but she is in la la land."

"What about you?"

"I still love her, well sometimes I hate her but I firmly believe I can get her back. She had a fairly severe bout of post-natal depression. This current situationappears to have manifested itself on the coat tails of that. I just have a strong sense of duty. I feel she was not of her own mind and this scumbag has exploited her vulnerability."

Stephen continued to talk, setting out their life story. Leda just listened apart from the odd probing question. Finally Stephen ran out of steam. There was a silence then Leda spoke.

"You have a real problem if you want her back."

"I know. I was thinking of letting it play out. Sooner or later he'll want to move on."

"Yes but that does not guarantee her returning to your family."

"True, that's a depressing thought."

"It probably would not work stepping in and interfering."

"I've thought of that."

"The risk with that is that you'd be the bad boy and he the good. The worst case scenario is that you two end up in a fight but it would be him she would worry about over you."

"Does not seem much of a chance I'd get her back."

"I wouldn't say die. There may be a way. What do you think his motive is? Humiliate you?"

"Well he is doing that; sex maybe, or the conquest."

"I think there may be more. This must be a high risk affair for him. Why take the chance? What sort of affairs does he tend to have?"

"I don't know much, they seem to be pretty discrete."

"The way you said your wife is behaving, she is making it less than discrete. That would spook him if she gets too obvious."

"She must know about his wife. To behave in that way she must believe his divorce is near final."

"Which would mean he would have been separated for at least two years."

"Unlikely, they are still living together as far as I know. It is rumoured that their wealth is in her hands so I don't think divorce would be on the cards."

"Speaking of cards...."

"A house about to collapse?"

"Listen I'll give this some thought and get back to you. I think Friend Brad needs to blot is copybook big time with Verity. It has to be traumatic to break the spell. I need to think how that could happen. And you my friend need to be the knight in shining armour. I know you will feel hate for her from time to time but don't succumb to it. I'll give you some tips, if you like, to mentally handle it. You have to keep the faith. Kia kaha."

"Kia kaha" Stephen repeated surprised in hearing it from her in her English accent.

"Yes kia kaha, Stephen, I need to stand strong."

Stephen found himself feeling confident for the first time. There was something about this warm worldly woman that he could put his trust into.

Later on they left the motorway in Auckland and were proceeding through Newmarket when they spotted the billboard. It was for Wild Cherry and it was split into two. One of them showed Brad and Rachael smiling broadly in that real estate sort of way. Their names emblazoned announcing their wish to assist. The second showed Verity, alone. Whereas Rachael was standing demurely in her corporate attire, Verity was sitting with a much shorter skirt showing a considerable amount of leg.

"Shit!" exclaimed Stephen, "That did not take long and she is not even a proper estate salesman."

Stephen glanced at Leda who was opened mouth and looking horrified. Finally she said,

"I am pretty sure I know what his game is, and he has to be stopped now, sooner than later."

"What do you mean?"

"What do you think of my profession? Would you like your wife doing what I do?"

Stephen was in awkward position.

"Well, ah to be truthful."

"I am realistic, I understand but I think you would reconcile you self to it if it was something you both could live with. Let's face it you are not that type. And I would guess that Verity is not either but he is exploiting her love with him to coerce her into a compromising situation."

"You really think so. It seems so farfetched."

"I think she is about to be tamed and broken in. She hasn't a clue."

"How do you know?"

"Why would they do a poster like that? What type of client is he setting out to attract?"

"But you combine sex and business; you seem to have a double standard here."

"I do not operate like that. I was never a naive woman coerced into this for a start. I am here under my own free will and I own what I do. I do not use my body as bait. You might understand then why I am obsessed with creating the academy."

"I don't want to see this type of thing happening. I do not want to see women like your wife as victims or pawns. There has to be another way where women can own their sexuality and profit from it if they wish but on their own terms. "

Stephen was considering the last statement when Leda moved on, thinking ahead.

"I'll drop you off at your home. Can I call you about 9 tomorrow morning?"

At 9 the following morning Leda rings on the dot.

"Hi Stephen, can you talk freely?"

"Sure, it seems that Verity is at work. I am just waiting for my mother to arrive and pick up Amos and Hugo."

"Right; does Brad, Verity or any of the women at that real estate firm know I am in town?"

"No, I arranged that Frederick and I would be there this morning I had yet to mention that you would be there."

"Excellent, you will need to brief Frederick on this, but they are not to know of my existence as far as I am connected to you."

"Why?"

"I am going to approach Wild Cherry separately but not in relation to our business. I will not use my own name, I will use an alias. I will be going in to undertake a little business of my own."

"What are you up to?"

"The less you know about it the better but I will tell you this much, Brad's in for a bit of surprise. Unfortunately his family may become collateral damage but I justify it based on the fact that it is inevitable that his behaviour will eventually create a crisis. This way it will work in our favour."

"How is that?"

"Well, that is going to be a bit unpredictable. It depends on how Verity reacts. No matter how outrageous she might behave, give her unconditional support. Be prepared, the worst case scenario maybe that she becomes suicidal. You may need to get in close."

Leda continued, "This may take a week. I suggest that later in the week you have someone look after the kids to give you some flexibility in response. It may not be much. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I am going now. I am going to stash my normal phone so we may not be in touch until later in the week.

If you do run into me anywhere, at their office or at one of the prospective properties, you don't know me. That stands for Frederick as well."

Leda rang off. Stephen rang Frederick to brief him. Frederick was not phased and just chuckled. "Sound s like Leda to me. I think she thrives on secret skulduggery and intrigue. It would not surprise me that Leda is not her real name. She can be a costume change artist as well, we may not recognise her if we do run into her."

Leda was in action straight away driving to the real estate office in her Porsche. She chose the name Frieda Asher. Today she was wearing her tights and the loose top she came up in. Leda glanced at her broach. It was a silver swan entwined with a naked woman. She held her breath realising that this was a clue to her real name and then breathed easy as the association would be far too subtle for the ilk of Brad.

Parking the Porsche at the front of the office she checked her make up in the visor mirror then slid out the door pausing to put on two red very high heeled shoes. Straightening herself she steadied for her grand entrance.

Entering the office she realised that the women had already spotted the car and seen her exit it through the plate glass windows. Her entrance invoked a unified intake of breath. "Is Brad available?" she purred deliberately implying her familiarity with him.

Rachael stood and walked over the door before opening it she asked her name. "Oh ah, Frieda. Might I ask who your names are? "

Oh I am Rachael, I am the commercial property manager, here is Eloise, Lauren and Verity the part time assistant is behind you. Leda noted the hint of spite in the emphasis on 'part time assistant'. All the women were wide eyed and slightly askance but when she turned to Verity she found her red faced and glaring at her.

Rachael opened the door and announced that Frieda was there. Leda quickly slipped past Rachael. Brad was rising from his desk looking slightly confused but once he clapped eyes on Leda, he gave a broad beckoning smile pausing to frown at Rachael and telling her to close the door.

"Welcome, welcome, welcome," Brad was effusive. "Rachael said your name was Frieda, ah... have we met before?"

"I'd like to say we met, however, alas I know you only by reputation. My investors however insist that I go to you and only you."

"Interesting, may I know who they are?"

"That's commercially sensitive at this time. Once we have our development on the road, all will be revealed. In the meantime it would be lovely to have the pleasure of your company showing me what you have to offer."

Leda's voice was low and husky for her chosen persona. As she spoke she looked directly at Brad. There would be nothing shy about Frieda.

"So, what sort of property and location do you have in mind?"

They launched into discussion, Frieda was into top shelf as far as property was concerned and Brad was ecstatic to oblige. His impression of Frieda was, in itself, top shelf. She was a league he aspired to.

He was very careful to treat her like a lady. He would be the gentleman therefore he only very subtly assessed her feminine side. He had a large game fish on a very light line so every step had to be carefully taken.

Taking account of Verity and the other office women he decided that all business was to be done away from the office. He then cut the meeting short. He suggested he would research suitable properties and meet her somewhere suitably relaxed and work from there.

He asked her what hotel she was staying at. Leda had checked out of her hotel and stashed her gear at Fredericks. Following that she had checked into another hotel as Frieda. She suggested she could book a small conference room there and he could project his properties using his laptop.

Everything seemed to be going Brad's way. He phoned into Rachael telling her to cancel all meetings that week as he would not be available. This woman was a potentially important client and he will be busy developing business with her.

Rachael announced the news to the other women deliberately looking at Verity as she did so. Verity was looking very forlorn. It was not like Brad to cut her off without explanation for a week and she had an unexplainable dread for what it might mean. Rachael decided to tease her.

"Why are you looking so down Verity? Brad will be working on a windfall for all of us."

Verity could not bring herself to answer. She decided to go home early. When she got there she found Stephen working from his home studio.

"You're home early," remarked Stephen

"Oh, Brad is busy. He is going to be out of the office for at least a week and he has not given me anything to do."

"That's too bad. He will probably ring you if he needs you anyway. You don't look well are you OK?"

"I feel a bit down I think I'll go to bed."

Verity retired to bed while Stephen quietly rejoiced in an early onset of schadenfreude.

Rakiura10
Rakiura10
270 Followers