Vision Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jackson, What's up man?"

"Can you come to my birthday party?"

"Yes, sir! What time is your party?"

"At 4 o'clock. It's a Spiderman pool party."

"It is?"

"Yeah! I have to go get ready. Here's mommy. Bye."

He's off the phone before I can even say bye in return. I have to laugh. Lili gets back on the line.

"You know these little people - always on the go, party party party. I invited your parents last night and Uncle Jack is going to escort them over from the hotel. But Jackson wanted to invite you personally. It's an excuse for Lenny to attempt to cook and for all of us to drink and gamble. We'll party with the kids for about 4 hours and then it's bedtime for them and grownup time for us."

"Thanks for inviting my parents. Can we bring anything?"

"Nope, just yourselves." See you later. She rings off.

"Well, looks like we've another birthday party to go to. I can't believe he's born on the same day as you?"

"It is pretty amazing." She grimaces and takes a deep breath.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm 30." She makes a funny sad face, little lip poked out.

"Thirty is easy."

She frowns again.

"If you're lucky the years just keep coming Lulu, it's not like you can do anything about it."

"I bow to your many years of expertise." She salaams sarcastically. Those years make a big difference. I've got 11 years on her. I have heard tell anything more than 10 year's age difference is courting disaster.

"You know, I thought you were like 19 or 20 when we met."

Tilting the bowl up to her lips she drains it. "I don't look that young."

"Young enough to be carded just about everywhere we go for drinks."

"A cheap and tawdry way for shady bartenders and n'er do wells to get my address on the down-low. You thought I was that young and you picked me up anyway huh? Pervert."

"You kissed me Lou, remember?"

"Because you touched me."

She rolls her eyes. This will forever be a chicken and egg, which came first argument.

Taking my bowl she drains that as well and puts the bowls in the dishwasher. She walks around and snaps a tea towel at me.

"Come on Wilde, move your ass and get dressed. I need to get Jackson a gift."

"I thought you were sending them to Disney?"

"He needs a toy. Kids are too young to understand trips, he'll have a great time I don't doubt, but in the meantime it helps to have something a little more tangible than a promised trip."

Young, but wise.

-

We show up a little early and place our gifts on the table. Lou heads inside to help as Lenny calls me over.

"Hey man? What's going on over here? This is some set up." He's manning a fry station and he's cordoned off the area with high curved sections of hinged steel, the door locks on the inside and can't be accessed by children. I reach over and slide the latch with no problem.

"Dax, my man! You're just in time. I got some oysters, shrimp and catfish here and wanted to make some po'boys but don't want to shame myself, help me out."

I sample a few fried oysters and a piece of catfish. "That's pretty good. It almost doesn't matter what's in it because it's all about the sauce, you gotta have sauce."

There's knocking. "It smells good, let me in." Says Lulu.

"Your little sawed off ass don't meet the height requirements for entry." Says Lenny.

"It's my birthday, you could at least give me a taste."

"It's not ready yet, wait your turn."

"You let Dax in there."

"He's helping. Not eating everything in sight like some people do when they come to help."

"You know I'll remember this." She grumbles and moves away.

"Now about the sauce, I have 3 kinds of hot sauce."

"That's a start. Where's the kitchen, I can make some remoulade real quick."

"Go round the side of the house through the green half door, watch your step over there it's muddy from the hose."

I manage to skirt the soggy ground. Lou is at the kitchen counter with her sister working on a tray of chopped grilled chicken and beef burger sliders for the little people. She looks up when I come in and smiles. Her sister looks at her bemusedly but she doesn't notice as she's looking at me expectantly.

"Hey you, what's up, you need something?"

"Just some ingredients bébé I'm helping Lenny make po boys and he doesn't have the proper sauce.

"By all means help yourself, whatever you need, take it. Lenny needs all the help he can get. Every year he comes up with a scheme. This year it's po'boys, inspired by you Dax, but really just an excuse to fry up a bunch of mess." Says Lili.

I can't help but smile a little.

Lou goes, "Whatever you do make sure he doesn't burn the food and try to pass it off as Cajun, he's been known to get overly ambitious. Remember the year of the deep fried candy bars? Disaster."

"Will do. Do you have any whole grain mustard?"

"Several jars, in that cabinet to your left." I locate them and though she doesn't have creole mustard she does have German and French mustard and some of that mas portelle Spanish smoked paprika that Lulu likes to use on everything. I gather my ingredients and bowls and start adding and mixing.

Lili looks impressed.

"He cooks for real?"

Lulu smiles. "That he does. You should see what he made for brunch today. It was like Pho soup I think, delicious and much appreciated. I was on the verge of a wicked hangover."

"That was yock baby. Same thing pretty much though. I can run out and get you some more mayo Lili, I'm about to use all of this."

"Go right ahead, there's more in the pantry." She smiles at me questioningly.

"Yes ma'am?"

"I get it now, how you hooked Lou."

"Yeah, how's that?"

"Didn't anyone ever tell you not to feed stray cats?"

Lou rolls her eyes and bites down on a fried pickle before sauntering out the door.

--

The party commences at 4 pm sharp. For an hour or so there are 30 or so kids running around, sliding on slip and slides playing soccer, splashing in the pool. It's loud but peaceful somehow. Lulu is playing up a storm with her nephew and sister. She and Lili have a hula hoop contest going until Lili gets frustrated that she can't keep hers aloft as long and decides to take to the slip & slide with gusto.

I go over to where my parents are seated on the deck well away from the mayhem with Uncle Jack and Arlene at what Lili terms the real adults table. Uncle Jack stays away from the bread and cake but gets a plate of fried shrimp and oysters and a small bowl of sauce and eats until he's satisfied.

He claps me heartily on the back. "Lulu-butt if you don't marry this man I will take a strap to you. I hear tell he feeds you like this all the time too, you ought to be ashamed of yourself."

With an exasperated sigh she frowns at him and shakes her head and moves off to play with the kids, placing a Viking cap on her head.

Our Po'boys are a big hit.

"Ah son, you do me proud with this sauce," says mom eating her oyster Po' Boy. Pops is too busy eating to comment, He hits his sandwich with several squirts of Tabasco before adding more banana peppers and takes a big bite and keeps eating, it must be good.

My parents seem to be having a blast with her family and I am glad to see it. They've been playing Bid Whist with Uncle Jack and Arlene men against women and the men have managed to win foot rubs and pies and all manner of things. They know like I know they'll let those women win a few rounds.

"Who's that child with Lulu?" Says mom.

She's looking intently at Jackson on Lulu's shoulders. He's laughing, his little hands are wrapped around the horns of her hat as he uses it to steer her this way and that. He's been too busy to greet all the adult guests. Mom tilts her head one way and then another.

"That's the birthday boy, that's our Jackson," says Uncle Jack.

Pop's looks at his wife as she stares at the child and finally following her gaze, the food falls from his mouth.

Not taking her eyes off of Lulu and Jackson she says, "You see it too don't you?"

"I see it, but I don't understand it. The resemblance is too uncanny to be coincidental."

Turning to Uncle Jack mom touches his arm gently. "Where's that child's father?"

Uncle Jack sets his drink down and draws up proud. "That's Lili-pie's baby boy. She takes good care of him."

Arlene says, "I don't think 'Relia means any harm here Jack. That child looks familiar to these folk that's all." She shakes her head at her husband and looks at mom apologetically.

"Aurelia, we have no idea who the father is, she's never spoken about it. He looks like someone you know I take it?

"Honestly, he looks like a smaller darker version of Dax here." Four heads turn in my direction.

I back off with my hands up. "Hey don't look at me. I just like the one sister. Call Max. The way he gets around, I wouldn't be surprised."

"And who is Max?" asks, Uncle Jack.

"My younger brother. He's very . . . social."

"It's probably just coincidence, says Uncle Jack, but he looks at Jackson and then back at my Pops the light of recognition slowly coming across his face. A few snatches of conversations with Lulu comes back to me and I look at my Pops and at Jackson again. Those eyes. I wonder.

Mom and Arlene speak at length and then they slowly approach Lili. Mom questions Lili at length and shows her a picture of Max. Clapping a hand over her mouth she looks mildly distressed, as she stands silent.

Lulu is still too busy playing to notice and I am hoping it stays that way and I can somehow defuse the situation. Lenny has been looking in our direction though and he gives a shrill one-two whistle and Lou's head snaps in his direction, he nods towards Lili and my parents and they both head over Lou grabs a towel along the way.

Lenny and Lou flank Lili who while still silent, seems to draw strength from their presence.

"Is something wrong?" Lou asks looking at my parents warily.

"Nothing wrong cher, I just think we might be related after all. Your nephew has my Hanni's eyes. From your sisters reaction to Max's picture I suspect there's a good reason for that." Mom doesn't mince words.

Lou draws Lili off to the side and they exchange words for a few minutes.

Turning to face us again, Lou holds tightly to her sisters' hand.

"I suspect you want to meet your first grandchild."

There's a collective gasp, but Lou isn't done speaking. How she manages to somehow look commanding wrapped in a beach towel and holding her sisters hand is beyond me but she does.

"Things happened between Max and Lili. There were no innocent parties and my sister did what she felt was best. She's done a damned fine job in fact. She wants you to know your grandchild. But give her time before telling Max. All things considered, I am not sure how he will even begin to go about earning the privilege . . ." she trails off.

What the fuck did you do Max?! I do not need complications like this. I know Lou and if it comes down to a choice.

Everyone is standing silent and looking agitated. I can just hear the arguments and thoughts running through my parents minds. Mom looks torn. Dad looks like Uncle Jack, angry and confused. There's a lot of that I think.

Lili has evidently been struck silent by the whole ordeal. Lou looks concerned but she's got that stubborn set to her lips like she is about to tear into someone.

But Lenny looks almost murderous and something tells me he knows more about it than Lou just found out.

We are all saved by the birthday boy himself flinging himself at his mother and wrapping his arms around her legs with joy.

"Mama, its time for my SpiderMan suit, so I can go on the web we made."

Lili comes out of her stupor with a snap.

"I know baby. But I want you to meet some people first." Taking his hand she leads them over to Mom and Pops, who are more than a little awestruck at the moment.

"These are Uncle Dax's parents."

He looks up to them and puts out his hand for a handshake. "My name is Jackson Henry James. Pleased to meet you."

Taking the little hand to shake Mom is on the verge of tears I think but Pops just looks amazed. Jackson looks at my parents carefully and then looks at Pops again.

"Your eyes look like mine. Are we related? I didn't know Dax was my uncle for real." Sharp kid.

Pops rocks back on his heels at a loss for a moment.

"I would like to be your Grandpa. Is that ok?" Pops is holding his breath.

Jacksons eyes gleam. "A grandpa! For my birthday?! I've never had a grandpa. He went to heaven with my grandma."

"You can call me Pop-Pop."

"Pop-Pop!" Jackson shouts happily.

He looks to Mom. "Does that make you my grandma?"

She laughs "Well I guess I am."

"Are you going away to heaven too?" he asks with all seriousness.

"Not for a long time I think."

"OK good. I want you to meet my friends Taylor and London." He pulls them away with him talking a mile a minute. He introduces his Pop-Pop and Nana to his friends.

We all take a deep breath.

"I need a drink." The sisters say in unison.

They take a deep breath and move off to do just that leaving Lenny and I to stare at each other and throw up our hands.

"My sisters . . . Man there's just no let up with those two."

-

By 7:30 things are winding down, sleepy children with sticky faces are being led away by tired parents carrying balloon animal's courtesy Riley and Matt.

BY 8:30 the kids are gone and the remaining adults are grouping off and relaxing. I sit down with Lenny, and the boys and we get up a game. It's supposed to be bid whist but it feels like a poker moment and we've got five players so we just go with it.

In celebration of not burning the fish, Lenny breaks out some Nicaraguan Imperiales and passes them around. Lulu comes over and places her hands on Lenny's shoulders.

"Where's my cigar? Those smell like good ones too. Why you holdin' out?"

"I ain't studyin' you Lou. For starters you only just got over being sick from smoke inhalation. Secondly, I can't remember the last time you bought me a Cohiba back from Spain. I don't care if it is your birthday I am not sharing with your greedy butt tonight, now go on over there. We got man business goin on here."

She gasps and scoffs indignantly. "You little ingrate!" Shoving him, she flicks his ear with her thumb and middle finger. He quickly grabs his reddening ear. "Get out of here Lou!"

"I will remember this Leonard."

"Using my much hated name threateningly will not get you your way."

Her eyes narrow at him.

"Here baby have mine, I just lit it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go enjoy it." I've got a good hand and want to get on with the game. It's just easier to give her what she wants.

"Thanks baby." She says sweetly giving me a good squeeze, looking gloatingly at Lenny who looks on in exasperation. Kissing me lightly on the lips she slowly drags my drink off the table as well and slinks away.

Once she's safely across the yard with the pool between them, she yells back, "oh, and Leonard, you may as well fold, that hand is total crap!" She looks at him smugly, puffing on the cigar. Sibling dynamics.

"I fold." Lenny looks at me in annoyance slapping his cards on the table. Damn and I was about to clean up too.

Riley turns to me and goes, "Man you are whipped! I can't believe you gave up your cigar."

"I can't either", says Lenny. "I hope it was worth it because I don't have any left for extras."

"Man if you are going to be in it for the long haul you are setting a dangerous precedent, giving her everything she wants." Says Matt.

"Damned right I do. Quid pro quo. She gets hers and I get mine. Can you blame me? I mean look at her?"

Three heads turn to watch. She's talking with Lili, Eddie and Matt's wife. She's wearing that red Brazilian bikini of hers of which there is even less material as she put a few of her pounds back. She kept it PG for the pool party in that she wore a wife beater of mine over it, but she's since pulled that off. Sipping her drink she suddenly slaps a mosquito that lights on her hip. Dipping her finger in the Sazerac she dabs at the sting. Very incidentally sexy. Damn it.

"I had no idea Lou was so . . . busty. I knew about the bottom, but not the top." Says Matt.

I shoot him a look.

"Come on, man! That ass of hers is a fact of life, like blue skies and green grass. Shit, I'm married, not blind!"

He belligerently slaps down a card.

Riley cracks up and eventually I laugh.

"Between those fancy sharp business suits and whatever she wears to hold it all in place on the court I had no idea all that was going on up there."

"Minimizer bras, since she was 13." Says Lenny distractedly as he arranges his cards.

"Most women are trying to boost them up with push up bra's. I had no idea they made something called a minimizer bra."

"Minimizer bras? Sounds deeply wrong." Says Riley looking concerned and confused.

"I know more about females and all their paraphernalia than I ever want or need to." Lenny shakes his head as he studies his hand.

"I don't know how you do it Dax. Says Matt. She curses like a sailor, parties like a rock star, drinks and thinks like a man, I'm still not over her and that scene with the strippers at Riley's bachelor party a few years ago; a jump shot like Larry Bird, has a microcomputer for a brain all that and . . ."

"She has the ass of an angel." I finish for him.

"Exactly."

"Everyday I struggle to understand it. Welcome to my existential crisis."

Riley looks over. "It's not just Lou, look at these women, they all look damned good and that's not just the bourbon talking."

The ladies are lovely to look at, all the shades and shapes. Extra Long Eddie, 6'2" in her bare feet, shiny brown curls, legs that go on forever. Matt's lovely wife in an orange one piece and wrap quite busty herself. Pretty little June with her giggle and sparkly eyes.

Delicately curved Lili, pretty and tallish; not particularly busty, but that bottom of hers gives her big sister some competition. I don't know what Max did, but I can certainly see how he got caught up in that.

And then there's my baby, lushly curved and beautifully petite. My baby, who turns up the music and starts to dance tipsily with her sister and best friend.

I hear several whoa's around the table and the card playing comes to a halt. Hmmm . . . I'm tempted to stop her, but she's having a good time. Besides, I told them to look in the first place.

"All this flesh on display, we need to hurry up and finish this game. I have new ideas for coconut oil tonight." Says Riley, but he's looking at his terribly cute and curvy wife, June, as he says this. I'm not the only one whipped. I happen to glance at Lenny and follow his gaze to find him watching Eddie dance, his mouth an open oooh. Uh oh.

-

We're face to face on the couch and I'm enjoying collecting on a bet as she's rubbing my feet with strong little fingers. She looks at me thoughtfully.

"What?"

"My family loves you."

"You sound surprised."

"I'm not. You're cool, it's just . . ."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, you just really fit in is all, almost better than I do." She mutters that last bit.

"Lou, they adore you. Even Lenny." Especially Lenny. I don't tell her about the conversation he and I had whereas he actually got a little choked up watching her play with Lili. He said she'd not been like that for a long time, so serious all the time until I showed up.

"I know, I know."

"So what's wrong?"

"Nothing really. Jackson asked you to come in and say good night - gave you a hug and everything and thanked you for coming to his party."

"Something wrong with that?"

"No. Everyone's just gotten attached awfully quickly. Even Eddie's finally taken a shine to you and she don't like nobody."

"Only because I made her a batch of sauce and let her write down the recipe."

123456...9