Vortex Quest Bk. 03 Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pselhorg hadn't had much of a supply since few slaves had been kept around, mostly producing for his minions. Like many abyssal natives, Ogres liked to indulge in nectar sometimes, although the effect on them was mild by comparison.

A few jugs could be procured to reward the pantheon.

===***===

"It's not clear," Sharpeye said, "whether to keep the bastion in Ogre hands or transfer it to the Reapers. Maybe we'll need to negotiate a compromise."

Chay was still coming down from the nectar high, vivid recollections of muscles, sex and demonic cock swimming in his mind, both as a craving and the highest fulfilment.

"But we've essentially doubled our Hellion population," the massive reptile continued. "I'm by all means ready to claim lord-status. Oh, and last I heard, the Wandering Oasis is in total anarchy. All signs are pointing at the cycle flipping over soon."

"Right," Chay said, patting his regrown buzz cut. He found it reassuring, like the cherry on top of full physical healing. He absentmindedly fanned himself, despite not needing to combat Hakkri's heat.

"Our next steps would invo- Oh..."

Something weird was happening to the sky. A single sun flipped over to illuminate Lydeth. Its dark side faintly... blinked?

"Vaagh'tang watches," Sharpeye whispered. "I didn't think we were ready to..."

"No," Wraalaguun interrupted. "Your Revolution has redirected enough dark chantries to cause trouble. That doesn't mean the king's attention will flip yet, but he's disturbed. The chantries of Lydeth will have to step it up."

"We'll talk to the Sirens," the Dragoon said. "If the king is upset..." his eyes fell on the pantheon. "You should get out of here. He can't know we achieved this with divine help or his wrath might destroy everything we have built."

"The vortex?" Chay asked.

"I guarantee you, it will fall if it hasn't already. You can return here to check in a few Ring Spans. But your involvement can't be spotted in this crucial time. You must hide."

Chay looked up. Some kind of presence cast a shadow on the ocean overhead, shapeless, as big as a country. Vaagh'tang stirred, his attention drifting here and there. A few suns developed twitching dark spots. Pupils?

"Fine by me," the umbralist said. "Where do we hide?"

Sharpeye rubbed his lizard chin. "Not in Rhibinelg. If a dark chanter learns enough to alert the king..."

"Mockery," Wraalaguun said.

Chay was momentarily confused, but sensed a realization form in Sharpeyes mind.

"That's a place, huh?" Chay asked.

"It's a realm," the Necrarch answered, "that was adjacent to Rhibinelg before it went through cataclysm and was cut off. No one sane would follow you there."

===***===

The mighty dual-realm Rhibinelg was, by all appearances, going to shit.

It rained in the desert. Mostly foam coming down in blobs big enough to do damage to anyone how stood right underneath. Marcus had even seen a coral coming down like a comet. King Vaagh'tang's eyes threw burning gazes across Hakkri.

Flames licked at the horizon but according to Ardor that was nothing to worry about.

The ex-angel had gotten his hands on a bigger, better barge, its 40 foot black frame racing above the sand, blue sails drizzling soul energy for propulsion. Revolution Hellions manned and steered it.

Marcus felt the bliss of having Chay's arm up his backdoor, halfway to the elbow, rhythmically fucking his brain to pieces. In return he sank his arm into Xane, who's guts spasmed around his hand so hard Marcus almost felt like he was fucking with his dick.

Lucky Goro got Xane's mage-dick, even luckier Chay had gotten the first turn of getting injected by the nectar snake between Ardor's legs.

"It's an insane plan," Ardor said, composed but clearly enjoying topping demigod-ass. "So truly, you won't be followed by anyone with a shred of sanity."

"A-any *insane* killers around?" Chay asked through shivers, barely keeping it together enough to respond. Marcus knew if it had been him getting injected he'd been too blissed out to count to ten.

"Plenty," Ardor said with a light chuckle. "You've done enough damage that assassins are bound to be on your trail. Luckily, it's not worth going through the crucible if you want to take equipment along. Just move on from this realm. Oh, and I think we should switch it up. I'm about a quarter done. Who's next?"

Marcus pressed Xane down with his fist deep inside him to keep the mage from raising his hand. "Me!"

===***===

The pantheon was freshly fucked, loaded up on piss and cum and as ready as they were going to be.

The crucible entrance was in a deep, dark cave, as usual, sealed off by spiked, poison tipped iron grates and blocked by piles of stone skulls. The desiccated corpses of unlucky beasts and humanoids littered the place. Getting past the incursion-defenses had required some finagling.

"You're coming along?" Xane asked.

Six Hellions were stripping, their red muscle bodies irritatingly enticing, their stupidly long cocks too distracting to look anywhere else. Marcus swallowed dry.

The tallest of the nude Hellions was Commander Zero-B. He raised two scimitars. "We volunteered to help you cross over. We'll return after you've found the exit to Mockery."

"Appreciated," Chay said. "It's supposed to be a difficult trip, more than other crucibles. Everybody ready?"

"Yessir," Marcus said.

Goro nodded. Xane formed an OK gesture with his glowing mage-hand.

Chay released his mists, seeking the tear in reality. Outside, King Vaagh'tang's horrid gaze roamed a world in flux.

12