Wanton Wanderings: Kregan and Nira

Story Info
Kregan the Wulver meets Nira the Aasimar. Part 1
11.6k words
5
1.3k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi everyone! I'm back at it after a rest with a new story and new characters. This one is a bit longer than my previous offerings, but I promise it's worth it. Enjoy!

Kregan set his fishing pole in the little rod holder then lay back in the tall grass. Crossing his arms behind his head he rested there watching the clouds go by. After a short time, he started to get bored. He rolled over in the grass enjoying the warmth of the sun on his fur before pushing himself up to walk over to the tree where his knapsack had been hung.

He opened the top flap and withdrew his lute before turning to walk back to the water's edge. He settled back down into the grass and lazily strummed out a little tune while he watched his cork bobbing in the water. As he was finishing out his song, the cork plunged under the surface. He quickly snatched the pole out of the holder and set the hook, slowly lifting the fish out of the stream. After dropping the fish in a bucket full of water, he baited his hook and cast again.

As he sat in the tall grass, he started to feel a bit too warm for comfort and decided to take a swim. He stood and loosened his belt, letting his kilt fall to the ground before walking naked up the bank his tail swishing back and forth contentedly as he went. When he was far enough upstream as to not scare the fish away from his hook he waded into the cool water until he was in up to his shoulders. He stood, letting the gentle current flow around him pulling the heat from his fur. He dunked his head under the water and shook it feeling his pointed ears flop back and forth. He popped back up and blew the water out of his nose before slowly drifting back to the bank. He climbed out of the stream and took a deep breath before shaking his fur out in the warm sun, sending a spray of droplets in all directions.

Having walked back down the river bank, he sprawled out in the sun to finish drying. As time passed, the cork dove under the surface two more times bringing him a decent sized catch to carry into town with him. He dressed again, and packed his gear before shouldering his knapsack and slowly walking back to the road.

Kregan wandered happily along until his sensitive nose started to pick up the smells of civilization. As he crested a hill, the little village started to come into view. There were rooftops and chimneys poking up through the trees here and there. It looked like a sleepy little place. He hoped the people there were nice. Most of the people in this land had seemed nice enough and they had all treated him kindly. But, for whatever reason, sometimes people were just plain awful to Wulver.

He noticed a line of people on the road waiting at what looked like a checkpoint or something where men in uniforms were talking to people before waving them through. He fell into line and shuffled along with everyone else. Running his eyes through the group of people, he noticed elves, halflings, a dragonborn, humans, and even a few half-orcs. Everyone looked happy enough, the people chatted amiably as the line shuffled along. It seemed like a peaceful place, he thought just maybe he'd stay a little while.

He was next in line and listened carefully, the questions from the constables were standard and seemed innocent enough.

"What's your name, sir?" the constable looked up at him.

"Kregan Wulfrith." He replied in his soft deep voice.

"Kregan, is it? I've never seen you in Tunstead before. What brings you here?" The constable questioned with a slightly more intense demeanor.

"I'm a wanderer, I've been traveling since I was old enough to leave home. I help people when I can and try to see as much of the world as possible" Kregan answered with a gentle smile crossing his pointed face.

"Well, you'll find plenty of folks who need help here. It's getting on towards harvest time, and there will be plenty of work to go around, welcome to Tunstead" the constable motioned that he was free to go.

"Thank you, sir" Kregan nodded and walked on into the village.

He wandered on, enjoying the peaceful hustle and bustle. It was clear that Tunstead was a busy place, but no one looked to be in a hurry. He saw a butcher's cart and walked over, briefly making eye contact with the buitcher before setting the fish bucket down with a wink and walking on. The first order of business would be to find a bed for the night, then a meal and a drink.

He stopped at the water pump in the center of town and looked up and down the street searching for a tavern or inn. Not seeing anything obvious, looked to a young man waiting to fill a water bucket. Clearing his throat to get the man's attention, he asked if there was an inn here in the village. The young fellow nodded and gestured back up the street, telling Kregan that there was an inn named The Round Fig. He thanked the man and headed back up the lane.

He entered the tavern and looked around the room, there was a wide circular fire pit in the middle of the great room. A low fire was burning, heating a large pot of stew. There were tables and chairs scattered about the room and a few patrons here and there sitting and chatting. He approached the bar and waited for the busy barmaid to notice him. She did so fairly quickly as he was nearly a full foot taller than most of the other customers.

"Good afternoon, welcome to The Round Fig. What can I do for you?" the woman was a young red haired elf with a bright smile and kind eyes.

"Hi there, I'd like a room if you have one. And a bowl of that stew, please. It smells great" Kregan gently scratched at the base of his pointed ear with his large clawed hand as he spoke.

"You're in luck, we have one room left. It's five coppers a night. The stew is free for guests. I'm Tika, by the way. It's nice to meet you. We don't get many Wulver here. What brings you to Tunstead?" She asked politely.

"I'm Kregan. Nice to meet you, too. Just traveling, this seems like a nice place. Very peaceful" He laid ten coppers on the bar "two nights for now, can I add more if I'd like to stay longer?"

"Sure. I'll grab you a bowl, if you want to put your things in the room. It's the second door at the top of the stairs" She gestured towards the staircase in the corner.

"Thank you, I'll be right back" Kregan gently patted the bar top as he turned to walk away.

Climbing the stairs he saw the door to his room and walked inside. It was nice, if a little small. The bed was a decent size, definitely big enough to accommodate him and maybe another if it came to that. He set his knapsack down, leaning it against the foot board. There was a dresser with a mirror and basin, he even had a window. It was open to allow the light breeze to flow through the room.

Walking back down stairs his stomach growled. He was looking forward to the stew and a nice mug of whatever was in the keg behind the bar. And maybe after that he would see about a bath. It had been awhile since he was able to get a proper bath and while he probably didn't smell yet he was starting to get a bit itchy. He softly scratched at his snout as he approached the bar.

"Tika, could I please get a mug of whatever is in that keg?" he asked politely, his voice a deep gentle rumble.

"Of course, that's our local mead. The best in the country by far. First one is on the house" the little bar maid said with a wink.

"Thank you, so much" he replied with a smile as he picked up the mug and bowl.

She was small, the top of her head coming to the middle of his chest. She had wavy red hair, crystal blue eyes and a spray of freckles across her nose and cheeks; like all elves her ears came to a point. She was wearing a somewhat modest flowy green dress and despite that he could see that she was rather busty for her small size, and very pretty overall. She had an air of kindness about her, and a warm inviting smile that made him feel at home.

He set his mug down at a vacant table and walked to the fire to fill his bowl from the stew pot. He sat back down and took a long drink of the mead. It was sweet and potent, immediately making him feel a spreading warmth in the pit of his stomach. The stew was flavorful, savory, and absolutely satisfying. Before he knew it, his spoon was scraping the bottom of the empty bowl and his stomach was pleasantly full.

He stood and returned to the bar, turning his bowl and spoon back in to the little barmaid and asking for a refill of the mead. Paying Tika for the drink, he turned at walked back up the stairs to his room. A nap, and then a bath. The miles were catching up and he was starting to get sleepy.

Back in the room, he slid his kilt off laying it on the chair in the corner. It looked like someone had been in, as the bed was turned down and there was a pitcher of cool water on the dresser. He poured some in the basin and splashed his face, cleaning away the dust of the road. He looked at himself in the mirror as he rubbed his snout. He noticed the slightest hint of gray starting to creep into the brown fur at the tips of his ears, he scowled slightly at that. He knew the men in his clan had all turned gray early, but he liked his color the way it was. He turned, looking himself over in the mirror. He had gotten lean over the winter, the contours of his muscles showing through his coat. His tail swished with satisfaction. He had always been careful to avoid vanity, but damned if he didn't look good.

He pulled a book from his knapsack and settled onto the bed to read. He leaned against the pillows as he began to flip to the point in the book that he had left off, hooking the pages with a clawed finger.

***

Nira stood in line at the checkpoint, her wings folded against her back. Her breastplate was heating up in the sun and she was ready to get out of her armor. She hadn't really wanted to wear it since crossing the border, but didn't have a good way to carry it. The constables were waving people through at a decent pace and she had hopes for getting in the shade sooner rather than later.

"Name?" the constable asked as he looked her over.

"Nira Ravel" the winged woman answered.

"Aasimar? We've never had one of your kind visit before. It's nice to meet you" the constable said amiably.

"That's right. I've never met another one of us either" she answered.

"What brings you to Tunstead?" the constable went on.

"Just passing through on the way to Three Streams" she said, shifting her weight on the balls of her feet.

"Alright then, welcome to Tunstead. I hope you enjoy your stay" he nodded and waved her along.

Nira walked down the lane into town, her first order of business being to get set up with a place to stay for a couple of days. The town seemed nice enough, and she could use a rest. And a bath. It had been a little while since she'd had a good, hot bath. Jumping in the river would get you clean, but it didn't do anything for relaxation the way a steaming hot bath did.

As she walked along, she noticed the inn called The Round Fig. It looked like as good a place as any, and being near the center of the village it would probably be convenient for any errands that she needed to run. She walked in to the great room of the tavern and approached the bar waiting to be acknowledged.

"Welcome to The round Fig, I'm Tanis. How may I help you, miss?" the green eyed elf behind the bar asked, a soft sweet quality in his voice.

"Thank you, I'm Nira. I'd like a room for a few days, please." she answered.

"You're in luck, we have one room left. It's five coppers a night, dinner and breakfast are included" the elf continued "best beds in the village, I'll guarantee you that."

"Alright, I'll take it" she laid ten coppers on the bar, which Tanis quickly swept away. "I'd also like a drink and a bowl of that stew."

He filled her a mug of mead and slid it across the bar before handing her a bowl and spoon. She turned and walked to the little cluster of tables and set her mug down. She filled her bowl at the stew pot and sat to eat. The stew was delicious and the first mug of mead had her in a warm, happy place by the time she had drank it. She retrieved a refill from the barman, before settling back at the table to write in her leather bound journal.

***

Kregan woke from his nap feeling deeply recharged. It had been several weeks since he had slept in a bed and he had forgotten how lovely it could be. He slowly rose, standing next to the bed and dragging his claws through the fur at the base of his tail.

"It's time for a bath" he thought aloud.

He dressed again and grabbed his knapsack before heading back down to the great room. Pausing to ask for directions to the bathhouse he struck out down the street. The long brick building was two doors down from the tavern, and he was there in no time at all. He walked through the low door, ducking his head slightly out of habit. There was a halfling woman behind the counter folding towels. He began to notice sweet floral smells of various soaps and shampoos as well as the musky, savory odors of the various creams, oils, and lotions that were available.

"Afternoon, sir. How may we help you?" the tiny halfling looked up at him from behind the counter.

"I'd just love a hot bath" Kregan answered in his gentle way.

"Of course, right this way" the halfling motioned for him to follow her down the hallway.

There were doors on both sides of the hall that presumably led to various bathing suites. He was led to a room with the door standing open. The halfling conducted him inside and briefly went through the services that were available before she motioned at the large sunken tub in the middle of the room. It filled with steaming water and began to bubble like a hot spring. He smiled as the small woman excused herself. He unbuckled his kit letting it fall to the floor. He stooped, picking it up and hanging it on a hook by the door. He did the same with his knapsack before looking over the various soaps, shampoos, oils, and conditioners available in the bathing suite. He selected a fresh, earthy smelling shampoo before lowering his naked form into the delightfully hot water. He floated in the tub drifting from one side to the other while the bubbles worked through his fur.

***

"Which room was mine again?" Nira asked Tanis behind the bar as she got her third mug of mead.

"The second room at the top of the stairs" Tanis replied.

She thanked him and headed up the stairs. When she got into the room she noted that the bed wasn't very neat. Not unmade, just not particularly neat. But, there was a dresser and mirror. She also noted a basin with a fresh pitcher of cool, clear water. She shut the door behind her and immediately popped the release on her breastplate letting it fall away. She caught it on the way down and lay it on the floor. She stretched, feeling the freedom of being out of her armor. She spread her wings, letting them flap slowly airing her feathers out.

She set her knapsack on the bed and slowly unpacked, putting her clothes and personal effects away in the dresser and sliding her armor, sword, and knapsack under the bed for safe keeping. She folded her wings against her back, allowing them to disappear as she walked out the door into the hallway. She went down into the great room before heading outside and turning for the bathhouse down the lane. She was a little surprised to see a large wulver exiting the bathhouse and walking past her back towards The Round Fig. He smelled clean, as he should after a bath. He nodded to her as they passed one another, she nodded back as the reached the low door to the bathhouse.

***

Kregan caught himself eyeing the small woman that had passed him. There was something different about her, she looked human but the eyes were all wrong. She had pupilless purple eyes, they were very pretty but haunting at the same time. She didn't smell quite human either. He pushed the woman from his mind as he nodded at the barman and headed back up the stairs to his room. He told himself he would go explore the village in the morning, but for now he wanted to crawl back into that soft warm bed and rest.

He did just that. He leaned his knapsack back against the foot board of the bed. Unbuckling and hanging his kilt on the back of the chair, he knelt down and fished his lute and book out of his knapsack. He lay the items on the bed and opened the window. Grateful for the fresh air, he settled onto the bed and quietly alternated between noodling away on his lute and reading his book. As the afternoon wore on his eyelids became heavier and heavier. Eventually, he gave in to the sleepy haze of the day. He lay his book on the nightstand and leaned his lute against the wall before settling into the pillows for a nice nap.

***

"WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?! IN MY BED FOR THAT MATTER?!" Nira screamed at the furry form in her bed.

"Huh?" Kregan said sleepily as he sat up covering his lower half with the blanket.

"Why are you in my room?!" the small woman continued to shout.

"Lady, this is my room. Please, stop shouting." He said as he ran a fur covered hand up his snout and back over his head.

"What do you mean? I paid for two nights in here" She shot back.

"Well, so did I. I'm Kregan, by the way" He said extending his hand and offering the angry woman a soft smile.

"This is outrageous" she ignored his hand.

He noticed the pupilless purple eyes burning into him. It was the woman he'd passed in the street. They soon heard rapid footsteps out in the hallway as Tika and Tanis appeared in the door.

"What's going on up here?!" They shouted nearly in unison.

"This creature is in my room" Nira snapped.

Kregan's ears drooped a little at being called a creature, but he'd been called worse before.

"You mean my room" Kregan offered in retort.

Tika held her hand up for silence. "I booked Kregan into the room this morning."

"But, I booked Nira into this room earlier in the afternoon" Tanis butted in.

"Tanis! You didn't!" Tika shot back.

The two argued back and forth unintelligibly. As Kregan and Nira sized one another up. He noticed her expression beginning to soften as she realized that this was simply an accident and not some kind of attack.

"How about this," Kregen cleared his throat loudly. Getting the attention of the two arguing in the hallway. "What if we shared the room and I slept in my hammock?" the hulking wolf-like creature said in a deep gently rumbling voice.

Nira shrugged and replied, "that would work for me."

The pair of inn keepers nodded and agreed that this was an acceptable solution as well as agreeing to return half of the room price to each of them. As they departed, Kregan stood from the bed. The blanket slipped from his hand exposing his naked form to the purple eyed woman. She quickly averted her eyes, but not before noticing that the wulver who was very quickly and bashfully pulling his kilt up to cover himself was hung like, well, a wulver. His ample manhood had swayed and bobbed as he practically sprinted across the room offering embarrassed apologies. The angelic woman blushed at the sight and quickly looked away.

"I heard your name was Nira? I'm Kregan" He extended his hand to her.

"Nira, sorry about that. It's been a long few weeks, but that's not your fault" she took his hand, noticing how massive his was by comparison.

"I'm here for a couple of days, maybe a little longer. I was thinking I might help with the harvest" Kregan went on softly, "How long are you staying in Tunstead?"

"I was planning to rest for a couple of days before moving on. I'm headed to Three Streams, there are some troubles there that I can help with" she answered cautiously.

His ears perked up at that, but he decided to leave it alone. They chatted back and forth while he hung his hammock from the bare rafters before deciding to take a walk together in the evening air. It was beginning to cool off outside as indicated by the gentle breeze from the window. Kregan thought it would be a nice opportunity to get to know his new roommate.