War of the Races Ch. 08b-g

Story Info
Bonus Chapter - Dimension.
2k words
4.33
9.1k
12
3

Part 13 of the 43 part series

Updated 07/27/2023
Created 12/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pinkender
Pinkender
1,179 Followers

Ch 8b- Dimension

A roll 20 based game centered around the blueprints of a remarkable gateway, or portal, found in the Egyptian desert within a secret room beneath the Sphinx.

Once coded and sent to alpha-tester's fatal errors were found in the character creation and launch programs. Despite programming races, sub-races, professions, classes, sub-classes, skill-trees, and skill-stats sheets, only question marks would appear for any race other than human and random. These errors were never fixed when tragedy struck and all the alpha-testers and one non-employee were found dead at their computers still loading the game.

Mancave Studios, the producer of Dimension, soon filed bankruptcy and sold out to Angel of Light Studios.

——(!)——

Ch 8c- Bilrost

November 23, 2006

(Announcers Voice)

Welcome to the Premier of the most anticipated MMORPG game of 2006!

Once upon a time, thousands of years ago, humanity lived on earth not as we do today. Living our lives for only a few decades before we die of old age or illness. No, in the first Age of Man humanity was strong, living for hundreds of years before ever being considered old. In this Age the root of humanity diverged and split into tribes; Humans, Alfar, Dvergr, and the Jotunn, and there were many Dragons still on the earth from the Age previous to the creation of Mankind. Then tragedy struck when the Fallen, god-like ones, left their heavenly realm, the White Realm, and began living with the Races.

Taking and breeding with the daughters of the Races they created the Nephillum and the Nymphilli, and using magic and science they made new Races of Hybrids that were part human and part animal. Then they created the Amalgam's, intelligent hybrid beasts designed to be extremely violent, and procreate very quickly in order to charge the Gates of Eden for the fruit of Eternal Life. At the end of that Age, God was forced to destroy the entire world with a cataclysm before there was nothing left to save, no animals, plants, or even humanity. Nothing holding any pure genetic code. However, the Fallen knowing their time was not long to last, brought forth the first Age of Science and Magic and the Races learned and progressed quickly.

Within a decade they discovered electricity, and within two decades atomic energy. Within five decades a Council of the Patriarchs of the four branch Races was convened to build a portal to another realm, a gate to a new world, the Fallen claimed. This portal would split the light of the universe into six fractal colors. Six different frequencies of light, sound, and matter creating a doorway to six different planes of existence. They named the gate; Bilrost...

Before the Bilrost was completed war broke out between the Races over who would control such a powerful technology. Before the end of that great Age, the Races began building new and more devastating ways to kill each other while secretly building copies of Bilrost. Just before the Cataclysm, a second gate named Bifrost was built by the Vanir, Alfar, and the Dvergr, and a third gate named Bivrost was finished by the Fallen. The first Gate, Bilrost fell into the hands of the Jotunn, the Naga, and the Dragons and hidden away as the Great Exodus began...

In the year 1817, the Great Sphinx was unearthed. Later three large chambers were found but only two were reported while the third was resealed. A Gate was found...

Now, over four thousand years after construction, and 189 years after being found under the Great Sphinx, Bilrost has been built digitally with high resolution digital scans...

Welcome to Bilrost...

Create your hero and live and battle across new frontiers. Journey to ancient realms and discover clues to a long forgotten past, fight ancient foes, and thwart unseen forces of evil...

——(!)——

Ch 8d- Character Creation

For a unique experience there are six base races, fifteen sub-races, and a rare possibility of fourteen elite racial ascension. They are as follows;

1) The Alfar. The Elves of lore have five sub-races; -1) Ljosalfar (Light Elves aka sun elves), -2) Nottalfar (Night Elves aka moon elves), -3) Villralfar (Wild Elves aka forest elves), -4) Dokkalfar (Dark Elves aka forest elves), -5) Svartalfar (Black Elves). Dancing and singing and living their lives in tune with nature and the forests new Villralfar and Dokkalfar players have a rare chance to ascend their character to a +1) Fa'rhyn, the famed winged fairies; or, one of the rumored +2) Ash'drya or +3) Elm'drya, the mysterious Dryads. More metropolitan than their woodland cousins, for Ljosalfar and Nottalfar players the only thing that rivals their love of academia is their love of the sky and sea, because of that they have a rare chance to ascend to a +4) Loptalfar (Sky Elf) or +5) Lagualfar (Ocean Elf). Or, choose the darker path as a Svartalfar. Worshippers of the goddess Arachne, they allowed themselves to be experimented on and influenced until rumors and gossip purported that the entire race was half-fallen and absolutely evil. Whether true or false, because of the experiments conducted on them, new Svartalfar players have a rare chance to descend to a +6) Svyn'dahl or a +7) Svartormr.

2) The Exiles. The last of the ancient humans, they have three sub-races: -6) Barbarians, -7) Aesir, and -8) Vanir. These valiant Barbarian warriors with their incredible strength and durability are the last of High-humans, as such they have no chance to ascend to a high race. However, due to their quickly witted and creative nature they have a rare chance to upgrade their class and profession.

3) Dvergr. This short and robust race are the pragmatic Dwarves. Almost all Dvergr are -9) Fjalldvergr (Mountain Dwarves) and the -10) Jarndvergr (Iron Dwarves). Whether Fjall or Jarn all Dvargr are natural geniuses when dealing with anything needing to be engineered or fabricated. These ruff and tumble characters have a rare chance to upgrade to a +8) Nurm, an even smaller race that look like human children but have an uncanny affinity with the earth and something called teknology.

4) Jotun. Giants standing from nine to eighteen feet tall, they come in many varieties; -11) Hlerjotunn (Sea Giants), -12) Logijotun (Fire Giants), -13) Karijotun (Wind Giants), -14) Fjalljotun (Mountain Giants), -15) Hrimjotun (Frost Giants). Among players choosing the Jotun race have a rare chance to ascend to +9) Naga or +10) Salamander.

5) Dragons. A remnant of an Age long before Mankind. These creatures have learned to shift their appearance to look more like mankind however they are extremely long lived, grow in wisdom and power ,but there is no chance for them to ascend beyond what they are...Dragons.

6) Nymph. Also known as Nephillum (male) and Nymphilli (female). Hybrid children of Fallen with humans. While still human physically they are supernaturally beautiful and tend to lean towards perverse, perverted, and scandalous. These players have a rare chance to ascend to +11) Incubus or +12) Succubus, and a slim to bill chance of ascending +13) Balor or +14) Merelith.

——(!)——

Ch 8e- The Eight Realms

(Announcers Voice)

For unique origin stories new players have numerous starter cities adding flavor and depth to backgrounds and skills;

The White Realm. This is commonly referred to or known as the heavenly realm. We currently do not support new character creations for this realm. That is handled by another Entity all together.

The Red Realm. Also known as the Tartarus and the Shadow Realm. Home of the banished Fallen, their Nephillum and Nymphilli offspring, and their Hybrid and Amalgam creations. Starting zones include Berlin, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, Nymphillus (Seattle), Paris, Rio De Janeiro, Vatican, Olympus, Washington D.C., and almost any of the shadow cities throughout the world found in Midgard.

The Orange Realm. Also known as Muspelheim. A realm of fire and ash. The starting location for all Logijotunn and Salamanders is Muspell, the only city in the realm.

The Yellow Realm. Also known as Midgard or Middle Earth. We currently do not support new character creations for this realm. That is handled by another Entity all together.

The Green Realm. Also known as the Verdant Realm and the Garden. New players of the Ljosalfar and Nottalfar start in the coastal cities of Olympia in Folkvangr, Odr Seheimar in Thrudheim, Ljosalfheim in Alfheim, Svartrseheim in Asgard, and Hvitesandheim in Vanaheim. New players of the Villralfar and Dokkalfar start out at one of the six world trees spread across the planet; Blardrasil, Dokkdrasil, Graenndrasil, Hvitrdrasil, Raudrasil, and Yggdrasil. In the mountain homes new Dvergr players start in Niddavillir, the Halls of Duran, and Dvalin in the Spine of the World Mountains, Ivaldi and Andvari in the Dragon's Spine Mountains, and Aurvangar in the Dragon's Tail Mountains. Lastly, Svartalfar as well as the Jarndvargr players start in the Langrsvartr kingdoms of Svartalfheim beneath the Spine of the World, Dokkalfheim beneath Vanaheim, Yadlir beneath Asgard, Andlang beneath the Dragon's Tail Mountains, Vidblain beneath Breidablik, and Nierun's Hall or the Dark Well of Byrgir in the Dragon's Spine Mountains.

The Blue Realm. Also known as Jotunheim. New players of the Jotun race have the options to start their new adventure in the jotunborgs of Niflheim, Glasirvallir, Hindarfjall, Hnitbjorg, Prymheimr, and Utgardur. Ascended players of the Naga race starter zone in Atlantis.

The Indigo Realm. Also known as Helheim.

The Black Realm. Also known as the Abyss.

——(!)——

Ch 8f- Professions

(Announcers Voice)

Don't want to be an Adventurer? That's okay in this game you can level through your professions!

Bilrost provides every player the most in depth and realistic professions system ever devised. It's almost as if you are living and learning these new jobs for real. There are hundreds of Professions;

Government - Services include, military, judge, inquisitor, governor, mayor, constabulary, detective, department of tariffs and taxes. This is not an exhaustive list.

Landowners - The agricultural industry ranges from farmers, to lords, to nobles in land ownership.

Tradesmen - Fall under the first of three major industry Guilds. The Crafting and Manufacturing Guild. Beneath it's umbrella are such trades as blacksmithing, tailoring, leatherworking, jewelers, scribes, engineers, architects, and builders. This is not an exhaustive list.

Merchants - Fall under the second major industry Guild. The Business Guild. Beneath it's umbrella are the banking and investor groups. Shop owners such as taverns, inns, and brothels. Also all the callers, hawkers, and food stands must be affiliated with the business guild to be permitted to sell their wares. Butchers, fishermen, and farmers also must be licensed merchants in order to sell their whole foods. This is not an exhaustive list.

This is but a fraction of all the possibilities to find in Bilrost. Do you want to be a noble and live in lavish luxury? Do you want to live the seeder side of life as a rogue and a thief? Have you ever wanted to explore what life would be like as a madam or a prostitute? Do you crave mystery whether it be investigating the past as an archeologist or as a detective solving a murder? No matter what you desire you will find the most in depth plot ever told in this MMORPG.

So, come and join us today and enjoy a free two week trial then subscribe for only 13.50 a month!

——(!)——

Ch 8g- Angel of Light Studios

After the launch of Bilrost the game was on store shelves for a year before a firestorm of bad publicity as will as an investigation led to charges of fraud, tax evasion, obstruction of justice, malicious endangerment, and manslaughter followed a rash of deaths found to be linked to the game visualizations. It was concluded that the rapid fluctuating graphics caused seizures, strokes, and death. Millions of dollars were awarded to families that lost husbands, wives, children, parents, and grandparents.

Angel of Light Studios quickly closed its doors and filed for bankruptcy...

Though there was a world wide recall on the Bilrost game, many are still out in circulation.

Pinkender
Pinkender
1,179 Followers