War of the Races Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Midnott kept Dield on her heels deflecting thrust after thrust, taking turns aiming at her heart and lungs, or at her pregnant belly. Pushed back further and further, Dield's heel caught on a leg and she fell backwards. Midnott hurriedly closed on her as Dield rolled away. She managed to get to her feet when Midnott stabbed her crochet needle deep into her belly. Pain immediately shot through her and panic for her 'barn', then rage hit her like wellspring gushing forth and she screamed with a savageness only seen when a mother is fighting for her child's life. With a snarl she swung skillet and cleaver wildly, forgoing defense. Some of her attacks landed as Midnott hissed in pain and jumped back to escape. As she stepped backwards a crimson dagger stabbed her through the back. Midnott looked back over her shoulder to see the pale white visage of the shade of a priestess with crimson eyes and flowing black hair that seemed to turn into a crimson smoke. She only had time to blink and her mouth to fall open in her surprise before Dield's cleaver chopped her head from her shoulders.

As quickly as the fighting began, it was suddenly quiet.

"Surrender or die," The shadow priestess signed as Dield, Aldrnari, and Baer turned to her not knowing what to expect.

With heavy breaths they hefted their weapons.

"We fight to free our Matron Forelain and rescue her daughter Sulabha," Aldrnari growled through clenched teeth, "We will not surrender. We will fight for our Matron and die if need be..."

The shadow priestess looked at each of them and then noticed their armbands and signed, "Those are the sign of your allegiance?"

"Yes," Dield answered with a nod as the shadow priestess looked down at the bodies littering the hallway. She saw Gaefr slowly rocking a deathly looking Katr, Naor and Aetla already dead on the floor, and Baer, Aldrnari, and Dields injuries.

Another shadow priestess suddenly appeared from the hallway and then another. The first one knelt down over Katr and her mouth began moving though no one heard any words. A golden glow surrounded the priestesses hands and then spread to Katr and enveloped her whole body. The priestess removed the dagger from her chest as Katr's back arched until only her heels and head were on the floor. As Aldrnari, Dield, and Baer watched, the soft chestnut flesh of Katr's breasts stitched itself back together and healed as if the wound never happened.

The second priestess turned Aetla over and pulled the dagger from her chest before she began chanting a prayer. A white glow surrounded the woman and the wound in her chest healed. As soon as it did Aetla gasped, then coughed, and then she blinked tears from her eyes. A hand probed her chest where the wound had been, while the shadow priestess that resurrected her offered her a hand up.

The third priestess said a Prayer of Resurrection over Naor's body, and a white glow enveloped it, but as the prayer continued the light of the glow fizzled and disappeared. The priestess stood up and shook her head. Looking at Aldrnari she signed, "He has been dead too long to bring back."

Aldrnari nodded as tears rolled down her cheeks. She heard sniffles from Katr, Baer, and Aetla, and saw sad expressions on Dield and Gaefr before she answered, "Thank you for trying. We know you did your best."

Once their injuries were healed, the first priestess signed, "Come with us. We will take you to Matron Forelain and the Master."

12