War of the Races Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've been leaving trip lines behind us," The demure Sven'dahl girl answered, "Along the floor, walls, and ceiling. Whoever it is, they are tripping all of the lines. Which means..."

"Whoever's behind us has activated the Sven'dahl soldiers," Beinbalkr finished, the taking Svartsilki's chin in her hand she turned the girl's face to look at her, "How soon will they be upon us?"

"Soon Madam, if we don't move now," She answered.

"Okay then, time to run," Beinbalkr growled. Turning towards the training ground Beinbalkr led the charge as she shot out of the hallway into the vast open chamber. She was quickly outpaced by Istas, Svartsilki, and Gloa while Kvedja, Raudr-daga, and Byggja-byrr were just in front of her. It was times like this that she wished she was two-hundred years old again.

They were halfway across the training yard when Svartalf House Guard started pouring out of the hallway in front of them. They slid to a halt as two-hundred men spread out before them to each side of the hallway while Jafningi Erfior followed them. He walked in at an arrogantly slow saunter with Gunngrul Faline at his side.

"Who are these mice that have fallen into our trap," Jafningi yelled across the stadium while simultaneously signaling his lieutenant to intercept them.

"Run!" Beinbalkr screamed before turning on her heels and running back the way they came.

Again Istas, Svartsilki, and Gloa quickly caught up and out paced her while the other girls hissed and wheezed as they ran as hard as they could to catch up. They were still a hundred feet from the hallway when fifty men and a hundred female Svartalf warriors poured out of the hallway. Istas, Svartsilki, and Gloa slid to a halt as the Svartalf lined up quickly as another hundred and fifty Animals of various species along with a hundred Sven'dahl poured out and lined up in front of them.

"What do we do," Istas asked in a low panicked whisper, "We're surrounded!"

"I don't know," Beinbalkr answered in a desperate whisper.

"Oh goddess, we're all going to die," Kvedja wailed while Raudr-daga and Byggja-byrr turned and hugged each other fiercely.

"Bein? Beinbalkr? Is that you?" Came a voice from in front of them. As the question was asked a robust, glossy black hair Svartalf woman pushed through the Sven'dahl and Animals in front of her and stood in front of her troops.

"Trina!" Beinbalkr cried in relief and motioned for her maids to follow her as she trotted up to Trina and Urthrina, who was just pushing her way out from between a silver she-wolf and a smaller male fox with many scars across his back and shoulders.

"Bein! What are you doing out and about in all of this...mess," Trina asked once she was close enough.

"Taking a stand for my Matron Forelain," She answered, "I have already sent half my staff to aid our Lady while I and my maids have been looking for you!"

"Well!" Trina gasped in surprise, "Much to my surprise you have found me..."

"Marshal Trina," Beinbalkr interrupted, "One of my girls witnessed a confession from Lord Hayden to Lord Gunngrul of our Matron and her Heir still being alive, but also in jeopardy. The same witness also overheard orders given to kill them tonight..."

"Yes, thank you Pantler Beinbalkr," Trina answered with a smile and a wave of her hands, "I also have image recorded evidence of our Matron and her Heir being alive. Now we are here to confront and bring to justice the traitors in our House!" She finished her last statement with a yell loud enough for the opposing force to hear before she continued, "If you can hear me, I have evidence that Matron Forelain and her heir Lady Sulubha are alive. This proves that Lords Hayden, Gunngrul, and Rweble are usurpers and traitors to our House and our Matron, their mother. If you wish to stand with Matron Forelain then leave and secure yourselves in your rooms."

As she spoke Beinbalkr started tearing off strips of red cloth and motioned for her girls to start passing them out to the forces with Trina and Urthrina.

"Do not believe a word this traitor says," Gunngrul shrieked aggressively as he shook his fist at Trina, "Every word she speaks is a lie! This is a conspiracy devised by disgruntled subordinates! The people that are running around our House with my late mother and sister's faces are imposters and impersonators hired by Trina Armiano, Urthrina Svartjarn, and Beinbalkr Maertungl!"

"The only lier's in this House are the treasonous sons of our Matron, and those who stand with them," Urthrina shot back immediately.

"It matters not what you think," Gunngrul growled, "My brother Hayden and I will rebuild this house upon your ashes! It is high time this House was cleansed of or the chaff that has stagnated our power and blood for centuries. Jafningi, men of the House Guard, kill these rebel trash! Don't let a single one live to see tomorrow!"

"Marshal Trina," Beinbalkr sighed as she shook her head at Gunngrul and then men with him, "You've done your best Deary. Here, take this," She handed Trina a strip of red cloth, "It is the sign of our allegiance to our Matron. Wear it with pride for the House we once were..."

"And will be again," Trina vowed as she clinched the strip of red cloth in her hand like it were a totem, "You're a good woman Beinbalkr, and an even better cook, may the goddess's grace protect you tonight and if you should fall, may her bosom embrace greet you in the next life!"

"You as well Trina Armiano," Beinbalkr returned.

"Well, my friend," Urthrina said from Trina's other side, "Come back with your shield, or on it!"

"The same to you my friend," Trina answered as she raised her sword above her head and all her men and women stomped as they executed a rigid solute and bashed their weapons against weapons or shield according to their preferences.

"CHARGE!" Rang out across the training ground and was quickly deafened by the boots, paws, claws, or appendages thundered across dark lightless stone as more than six hundred brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, husbands, and wives...

Family...

Engaged in battle...

12