War of the Races Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I would never do this normally," Bartlett whispered as he took Tampa's hand, "But for the life of my daughter and my wife, should it be you or the Oracle, it doesn't matter, I will pay my debt to you by giving you my daughter's hand in marriage."

"Have you heard my terms for investigating the Village Council's request," I asked.

Bartlett nodded, "I have. The whole of the village has. I am not selling my daughter to you, though I would if it would save her life."

"Then what are you doing," Huxian asked.

"I am giving my blessing," He answered, "And, offering a marriage alliance though I know I am no one of any importance. Sir, she is all I have besides my wife that is of any value to me, and I will do anything to save her. Even if it means I may never see her again."

"I have two mates," I answered as I took Tampa's hand and looked down at her soft feminine features, "Bastet and Leandra. They were bequeathed to me when I was an infant. I had no say in the matter, and neither did they. Now I love them with my whole being, just as I love Huxian and my other wives. However, I will not force Tampa into a marriage she knows nothing about and possibly doesn't want."

Looking up from Tampa to Bartlett I promised, "We will save Tampa and Maha. When Tampa has recovered and can make an informed decision as to whether she finds the offer of becoming my mate acceptable, then, and only then, will I accept her as a wife and mate."

Bartlett nodded his head solemnly before looking from me to Huxian, and then leading us back out of his house. Once we were back on his porch he reached back in and grabbed a large wicked looking battle axe and as he hefted it said his goodbyes, "Thank you Lord Viridian coming in and considering my request. Though I'm disappointed, I am also grateful that you were honest about your ability to heal my wife and daughter and the consequences of using such a method of healing. Thank you for honestly giving me and my family all of the options available to us, I well know that a less virtuous man could have taken advantage. I will be leaving within the hour, until our paths cross again, may goddess Seline speed you on your way and keep you safely in her bosom."

"Thank you," I answered with a nod and a wave while Huxian shapeshifted into her fox form. Turning away from Mister Bartlett, I followed after her disappearing tail and gave chase...

12