War of the Races Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her eyes opened wide in shock. I released my arboreal form and my barkskin softened and the golden stalks of wheat that was my hair fell down about my shoulders and into Coella's face. Reaching up, I caressed her cheek as I whispered again, "I'm sorry Coella, I didn't want to do this with you in this way. But, your wound was so grievous. I couldn't let you die!"

"I know," She whispered back as she lifted a hand to my cheek. Her eye searched mine for a few seconds and then she smirked, "Thank you. I'm grateful to be alive, and besides, I think we would have wound up here eventually anyway."

"I hoped so," I replied with a grin.

Once the magic healed Coella I felt it change. It crouched inside her and suddenly I was my magic. Despite Huxian and Coella's differences, the three chi spheres hovering inside her were large and strong, and blue just like Huxian's. I didn't know if it meant anything, or if it meant nothing.

I pounced. Coella's chi counterattacked. Her attacks were weak, but her endurance was incredible. My triumph was inevitable.

Coella leaned in and kissed me as she wrapped her arms around my waist. Grinning down at her I transformed. Long pointed alfari ears grew more rounded and floppy. White fur grew to cover arms, legs, and back. A short fluffy white tail grew from between my ass cheeks.

Coella's smirk turned into a full smile before she purred, "You look good as a hare!"

"So do you," I retorted.

"Virdy," Quebracho interrupted in a soft voice, "Battle still wages on the south wall."

"You're right," I said out loud as Coella looked at me curiously. To her I said, "We will have to continue this later. I had to act quickly to save you, but there is still trouble."

"I agree," She replied with a nod, "This is no time to be breeding."

Pushing myself up, I offered a hand to Coella. She took it, and I pulled her to her feet. Turning around, Orsa and Shahad were just standing up. They looked at us, exhaustion etched deeply in the lines of Orsa's face at least. Shahad's exhaustion was a pheromone aura that I felt more than I saw or heard.

Bears that I hadn't noticed before, that came to defend the north wall, sighed as they gathered their endurance and ran for the south wall. Looking at Coella, then to Orsa and Shahad I called out, "Go to the south wall and help out where you can!"

"My King!" Shahad replied, a note of defiance in her voice, "My place is at your side my King!"

"I do not wish to leave you either," Coella agreed with Shahad.

I didn't think arguing with them would get them to leave, so I turned to Orsa, "Go to the south wall or to the hospital. You have some healing ability don't you?"

Orsa nodded.

"Good," I said with a nod, "Then go there and make sure Huxian is well and taken care of!"

She nodded and then started off, then stopped and turned around and yelled back, "Don't think I am going because of your command. I go because I wish to. You are not my mate! You do not have any authority over me!"

Then she turned and left.

Coella chuckled, "I like her!"

"You would," I retorted with a wry grin and a shake of my head.

"My King, look!" Shahad said as she pointed back to the north, "Something comes..."

12