War of the Races Ch. 24

Story Info
Alvas' Daughter.
5.9k words
4.8
6.3k
20
4

Part 29 of the 43 part series

Updated 07/27/2023
Created 12/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pinkender
Pinkender
1,172 Followers

(Dear Readers,

If you're a new reader, I suggest you stop and start at the beginning. If you aren't new, awesome! Thanks for coming back for more story about this Emerald-eyed Druid and his harem of Animal-girls and horny priestesses. I hope you enjoy the read. -Pinkender)

Chapter 24- Alvas' Daughter

Helena couldn't believe what was happening. Did she really experience conception?

Normally, that was impossible! So then, what happened?

Wherever she was, whatever she was, she still remembered finding Daniel. He was dead. Burned so badly that the only reason she knew it was him was because he was the only one it could be. The only one in her house besides her. The only one left in her life who loved her, and the only one besides her mother that she loved in return. Grief. She had been consumed by grief. She still felt it now, but it was muffled somehow. She was going to commit suicide, by pills and alcohol or the knife. Then she heard a faint whisper in a dream telling her to play the game that Jerry found. Play it, and she would see her son again.

But where was she now?

She remembered getting up. Bathing. Dressing. Wanting to look her best for when the police found her. She made the selections that the game requested, and then, nothingness. Then she had the sense of feeling cramped on all sides, then thrust as she was propelled forward, and then an achingly long travel through darkness. When the sphere appeared she knew then what was happening. She knew that as her little ship penetrated the atmosphere of that colossally large planet it was actually the sperm dissolving as it broke through and cast her genetic material into the cytoplasm. She knew the nucleus for what it was and understood the explosion afterward was life's beginning. Her new beginning.

How did this happen?

It had to be the game. She didn't understand it, but that's all it could be. Somehow it transferred her consciousness to a man's sperm wherever this was. Honestly, she didn't care as long as she found Daniel!

She spent nine months sleeping in the luxuriously warm belly of her mother, but as time went by she woke up more often and needed to stretch. Sometimes she was struck with a sudden desire to play or explore. But more often than not she slept. Then came the day of tightness and birth. Warmth drained away and the dark world was suddenly claustrophobic, hot, and cold all at the same time. It seemed to take forever as all those warm walls seemed to collapse on her and push. Push her down. Push her out.

Light! Bright unbearable light hurt her eyes, and Cold! It was so cold!

Rough cold hands seemed to be bouncing her all over the place as she was roughly cleaned of embryonic fluid. Then a blanket was being woven tightly around her body before she was passed to who she assumed was her mother and felt her mouth pressed to a plump bosom. Without thinking, her mouth latched on and she was suckling.

"Welcome to the world my daughter," A warm voice purred above her, "I am your mother. My name is Alvas. Your father's name is Reas. I will name you Hlina Reas Alvasdottir."

----(!)----

It didn't take long to figure out she was in some other land, some other world than earth. As soon as her eyes cleared up enough to see she saw her mother.

Alvas was as dark brown skinned as some of the tribes women in Africa. Her skin was flawless. Her nose was small but wide, and her mouth was so overly plump and wide she would have fit in with any African woman she had ever seen on National Geographic. Her teeth were pearly white, and the rest of her bone structure was very distinctively black as she knew them from her world. But that was where the similarities ended.

Alvas eyes were burnished gold with flecks of green and blue. Her hair was long, thick enough for two women, and pale corn silk white. Her eyebrows were arched white lines that made her think of Spock from Star Trek, and her ears were long and pointed things that twitched with sounds she tracked, or with her mood. Most often they stuck straight out from her head to hover over her slim shoulders. They would droop when she was sad, quiver and tip up when she was excited, and lay back when she was furious.

She was also much shorter than Hlina's father who was a human, oddly enough. She was head and shoulders shorter. Of slender build in shoulders, chest, and waist. Her breasts were still fat from childbirth but they were shrinking incrementally, and even with them being fuller than usual it was apparent that they were not large to begin with. Everything changed upon reaching her hips, they were broader than her shoulders and her buttocks thicker than almost every other woman in the village, and the thickness continued down to her thighs, calves, and ankles to end with small feet with small stubby toes.

Dokkskogr Village was now comprised of dokkalfar women and human men her mother and grandmother called Afarmenni, or big men. Alvas and her mother were great storytellers. But this story they told only in hushed whispers and never where one of the men folk could overhear. All the while Alvas' older sisters and many of the older wives still of childbearing years, now married to their new human husbands, nodded along. Apparently, the only men in the village were all human now, but before their arrival the tribesmen were dokkalfar.

They were a very aboriginal people living in harmony with nature alongside Animals. It was a responsibility passed down from times immemorial, to maintain order and to balance the populations of the wild Animals. Their men. Their true men. Dokkalfar men during the summer months had worn loincloths and highly decorated ponchos despite the cool climate in the mountain valley they lived in. It was a particular bone of contention since their new husbands would only allow the women and girls to continue wearing their traditional garb. The boys now had to wear the same heavy clothing their fathers wore, and boots instead of sandals or going barefoot. Something had happened though. An accident while all the men were out hunting. The men never returned. Then a few weeks later a group of humans came to their village and told them what they had found.

Worried for their future and the upcoming winter and grieving for their loss, the foremothers accepted the men's offer of marriage to some of their young women in exchange for protection and provisions. A few months later more men arrived, and then still more a few months after that. With each new arrival more of the young women were married to the human men until all the young virgins of marriageable age were married. Then the widows began finding men they could accept as new husbands, and before anyone realized every woman from one-hundred and fifty to seven-hundred years of age was married. Alvas was one of the last of that group to marry. She was only one-hundred and fifty years old.

Hlina arrived only a year later.

Another thing that arrived were more men. Unscrupulous men that took the young unmarried virgins below the age of one-hundred and fifty as wives by force when unwilling. The foremothers complained greatly at the insult, but it continued on and the most adamant opposers among the grandmothers started disappearing. Now there wasn't an unmarried virgin below the age of fifteen, and no one dared confront the men over the perversity of it.

Dokkalfar women wore even less than their dokkalfar men had worn in the summer months. Grandmothers wore multitudes of waist chains and sarongs that fell to their knees or ankles. Young mothers, usually wives or widows but not always, wore a few waist chains and then short wraps that barely covered their bottoms and sex, and was tied on the left hip so that that entire buttock and thigh was exposed. Unmarried and childless women wore no waist chains and only small loincloths that really didn't cover their sex in the front much at all, and was tied in the back exposing their buttocks completely.

As a baby, and then a toddler, Hlina was completely naked. All children were, she noticed. The change from naked child to just almost completely naked unmarried young adult girl seemed to be somewhere around the ages of ten to fifteen. It seemed to have more to do with the changes of the body rather than anything to do with a fixed age.

Two and half years passed as Hlina learned the language and relearned enough muscle control to speak. Her parents were astounded. She didn't baby talk much. Once she had the hang of it again she spoke in complete sentences.

"Where's daddy today?" She asked her mother as they walked through the forest, their eyes on the ground looking for herbs and fungi.

"He's hunting wild animals up north," Alvas answered, "Why do you ask? Do you miss your father?"

Reas was a good dad, loving and affectionate. Thinking of him, missing him when he was gone, always made her think of her dad back on earth. She missed him too, and then thinking of him made her think of her mom and wonder what happened to her and if she was still alive. Then thinking of her mother and father always, inevitably reminded her of Daniel. Her son. Grief would well up and then Alvas was comforting her with hugs and kisses and telling her how much she loved her.

Her eyes teared up instantly at the thought of Daniel, and she fought them back with sniffles.

"Oh honey!" Alvas purred as she walked over and picked her up, "What's wrong? What's gotten you upset again?"

Hlina had been too fearful to tell her mother and father that she was a different person inside. That she had come from a different world. That she had a son that might have come here before her, and she missed him, and wanted to find him. Even by two she had seen how superstitious her mothers people were, and how ruthless they could be. Especially the men, the human men.

They were all human men, tall and broad shouldered. Her father was the nicest of them. He was also the only one that was almost as dark as her mother. His hair was black and kinky curly, and his eyes were as dark as polished onyx. He was a black man as she knew from her earth.

All of the women were the dokkalfar as her mother called them and she was one of three wives her father possessed. It didn't take long for Hlina to figure out that all of the women were possessions and children too.

Away from the village, away from her father, she felt safe enough to try talking to her mother. Stopping by a tree she looked up at her mother and followed her sure movements as she scraped several mushrooms off the bark.

"Mama, don't be scared okay," Hlina said in a small child's voice.

Alvas gave her a curious look and smirked as she replied, "Honey, I'm not scared. You can talk to me about anything!"

Hlina almost stopped right there. She knew better than anyone that sometimes a child could scare a parent to near hysteria, and what she had to say, well it broke all the laws of nature she knew!

Taking a deep breath, she started, "Mama, I am a different person inside than what you see me as now!"

"Oh!" Alvas exclaimed as her golden eyes opened wider in surprise and then gave a little chuckle as she shook her head and continued, "I think everyone has a different self inside than what people see on the outside. I for one felt that way too, but then, I was twelve maybe fifteen when I really started feeling that way. My body was changing every day. My mind was changing. Everyday I felt different from the day before..."

"That's not what I mean mama," Hlina said with a shake of her head.

"Oh?" Alvas answered as she sat down on the ground, not carrying in the least that dirt and pine needles were going to stick to her bottom. She held her hands out and Hlina stepped in and sat on her mothers lap, before Alvas said, "Explain it to me then."

Hlina looked up into her mothers golden eyes and was comforted by her broad smile, and then she told Alvas everything. Being a grown woman from another world. Having had other parents. Having been married, divorced, and having a child. Daniel. How she raised him up to be a good man, and of how he died. She shared her grief, and how she had played a game that had somehow transferred her consciousness into her fathers sperm. Of what if felt like to be an embryo, and grow into a complete human being inside Alvas' belly.

When she was done Alvas looked stunned. Her dark skin would never blanch like it would if lighter in color, but her expression was enough to know Alvas was scared. She looked at Hlina now like she didn't know what she was. Never mind the fact that she had given birth to her.

Alvas stood up then and they continued picking herbs and fungi.

Hlina couldn't help the sickly knot of fear in her belly. Alvas was not reacting well at all. As a matter of fact she remembered a few times when she had reacted the same way. She may not have yelled or screamed at Daniel out loud, but her freak out was still just as bad even if internalized.

She tried to talk to her mother more but Alvas wouldn't respond. When she moved toward Alvas her mother moved away from her. Only when she grew too tired to walk anymore on her short two year old legs, and she plopped down in the dirt to cry, did Alvas pick her up before taking her home.

----(!)----

When Reas came home Hlina watched Alvas take him aside and talk to him in lower fearful tones. Reas looked at her and she knew they were talking about her. Their gestures grew more adamant, their voices rising in time and tempo with their body language and gestures. Then Reas reared back and backhanded Alvas so hard that she spun as she flew sideways to land on the floor across the room.

"No!" She whimpered, "Please don't!"

"I have too," Reas growled as he turned to Hlina, "She's a demon come from the shadow realm!"

"No!" Alvas wailed, "She says she is from earth! Maybe she means Midgard..."

"Impossible!" Reas hissed, me was more than halfway across the room to Hlina now, "Midgard is only a folktale now. Nothing comes from Midgard. Hell, it's doubtful that our ancestors did either! Just nonsense to keep common folk passive and in their place! She's a demon and she must be dealt with like a demon!"

"No daddy, please!" Hlina screamed as Reas picked her up.

She kicked, screamed, and cried. She apologized, "No daddy please! Please please please daddy! I will be a good girl! I love you daddy! Please! I'm sorry! I promise I'm not a demon! I'm not! I'm a good girl daddy! Please!"

Her last pleas for mercy were abruptly cut off as Reas dunked her into a full water barrel, the water cascading over the sides as she submerged. She hadn't realized that he had taken her outside their home, or crossed the yard. She screamed and watched as frothy bubbles burbled up to the surface of the water. She kicked her feet and her tiny hand pulled at her father's much larger hands on her shoulders, but the barrel was too deep.

Her lungs were burning. Darkness ate at the edges of her vision. What little strength she had seemed to seep out with the bubbles escaping her mouth. Arms and legs turned to jelly and went limp. She was about to inhale the water no matter how she tried not to.

"Daniel!" She screamed with the last of the air in her lungs.

Darkness gobbled the scene of the shadowy figure of her father looming over her. The last bubbles making their way up to the surface. Her father's hands left her shoulders. It didn't matter anymore. Suddenly she was being hauled out of the water barrel coughing and crying all at the same time as Alvas clutched her tightly to her breast and told her to be as quiet as possible. She only caught a brief glimpse of Reas laying on the ground beside the water barrel, a knife sticking out of his back.

Alvas kept to the shadows as much as she could while in the village. She took nothing except Hlina, and they ran. Once they reached the forest she turned southwest and ran all out until she collapsed.

They ran for five days, always deeper and deeper into the Dragonspine Mountains. Alvas used every trick she ever learned to cover her trail. For five days she didn't eat, and Hlina would have starved had her mother not had milk to suck. On the fifth day Alvas found a cave with a small stream nearby.

----(!)----

Hlina watched her mother move about the small garden Alvas made shortly after their arrival at the cave eight years ago that became their home. She helped out now too, planting vegetables and herbs. Tilling the ground with a stick or with her fingers. It was a rough life but they had each other.

She was taller now, her dark skin usually dirty, her long black hair falling down her back nearly to her ankles. She was starting to change now. Her completely flat chest becoming a little more padded. Her hips were a bit wider and her legs a tad thicker. She was still completely naked though. They were wanted fugitives, so they couldn't exactly go to a village, even if they knew where one was, and buy materials for clothing. And apparently none of the natural foliage in the area was good for clothing either, and her mother had no magic aptitude at all while she was still so young that she hadn't presented any aptitude yet and might never have any. She wasn't alone at least, her mother was naked now too except for one thin waist chain.

"Mama," She asked a couple of years after coming to the cave, "Why do you wear that chain?"

They were in the forest searching for wild vegetables, berries, and herbs at the time. Alvas looked up from her work collecting a small stand of mushrooms that were edible and smiled as she answered, "Oh, the chain? Well our people, the dokkalfar, my people, we wear a chain for every child we have. You are my child, my only child, and so I wear this chain."

"Are you sorry I was born... that you saved me," She asked suddenly. Hlina may have lived a previous life, but that didn't keep her from wanting her new mother to love her.

"Oh honey!" Alvas said in a loving purr, "Of course I'm not sorry I saved you! I love you with all my heart! Yes, what you said all those years ago scared me, but I know you're not a demon. If you had been you would have been able to stop your father from killing you, but you couldn't because you are my baby girl. You are half dokkalfar and half human. A child of two worlds. Three maybe if you are right about this other... earth. But you are no demon!"

"I have never lied to you mama," Hlina said, "I promise everything I said was true, but I am no demon. I hate demons!"

"Good girl Hlina, good girl," Alvas purred as she patted Hlina's head, "However, no matter what, if we ever see people again, never ever tell them the story about you being from another world."

"Yes mama," Hlina answered.

The memory faded away and Hlina watched Alvas gently knead the soil around the vegetables. Her mother was much thinner now than when they had first come to this cave or even when she had asked about the chain. It sat much lower on her hips now than it had before.

Food was scarce, the garden was barely able to provide enough vegetables for them both to eat. Foraging was turning up fewer herbs and mushrooms making them have to forage further and further away from the safety of their home. Then two abnormally hard winters had them nearly starving before they were able to plant and forage for food.

Walking to the herb garden Hlina started working the soil like her mother taught her. She was just getting started when Alvas stood up, stretched, and turned to walk to the stream as she looked over her shoulder and said, "I'm going to go down and bathe. When you finish you can come join me!"

"Yes mama," Hlina replied.

Checking the herbs and tilling the soil took only twenty minutes or so. Standing up she looked over her work with satisfaction. Turning from the garden she started toward the small bath they had made by damming up the stream in a small trough where the water slowed down. The stream still flowed as well as ever, it just retained enough there for them to be able to bathe and paddle about a little as long as they didn't put their feet down and stand up. Being shallow also helped the water to warm up to something less than freezing. Then there was a nice flat rock that they would lay out on and let warm them as they dried off. She could already imagine her mother laying out on the rock now, sunning and drying off after washing off in the water that while warmer was still very cold.

Pinkender
Pinkender
1,172 Followers
12