War of the Races Ch. 29

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Releasing Summerset's arm, Janaspi stepped forward and put her hand on Leandra's belly as she purred, "The moon goddess Seline has given me a vision. She told me of your pregnancies and that soon what only one man can do his offspring shall make abundant throughout the world. She told me this so that you will know that the message I am to relay to you is from her. So, here it is, "Where you were told to stay behind and wait, I am now telling you to hurry forth. Make haste to Viridian's side. What he must accomplish without you will be complete by the time you arrive. From there support my Champion as he travels into the House of Spiders.""

Bastet nearly leapt in relief and excitement. She would get to be with her mate after all! A sigh from both Leandra and Burza said they felt as relieved as her.

Summerset smiled and Janaspi chuckled as they bobbed quick curtsies and left to pack a travel bag. In a sudden hurry to leave, Bastet didn't notice Janaspi and Summerset talking quietly to Burza before she hurriedly left the common room. Somewhere in all the hussle Summerset and Janaspi quietly departed to continue their walk.

Summerset and Janaspi were on the front step out the house as they liked to call it. It was more of a massive castle than a simple house. Built of local rock and timber, it housed several generations of Vale's along with wives and concubines. In the basement levels there were even more quarters to house the staff that kept the whole house running. There were other large estates in Valeheim belonging to cousins, but there were a few wealthy merchants as well, and then there were the inns, but none of them were nearly as grand as the Vale House.

The city seemed to bustle this morning as if the whole of it had caught Bastet's mood to be away and chasing after her mate. Burza was off to the side talking quietly with another Avian. A tall woman who looked to be half Burza's age, which is to say that she looked to be little more than a girl. Though, she was nearly as tall as Burza who was a little taller than Viridian.

The new younger Avian had wild, dark-golden, feathered hair whereas Burza's was snow white, and where Burza had small sleekly rounded breasts the other harpy's breasts were very large. Each of them talked quietly though what was heard sounded musical. The younger harpy gasped and looked Burza up and down, and then laughed as she placed a hand on Burza's belly.

There was another rapid exchange and then the younger harpy knelt in front of Burza and lifted a beautiful necklace from her head with taloned thumbs and held up for Burza to take. Body movement suggested that Burza tried to refuse at first but the other woman was insistent until Burza finally took the necklace and put it on. She then gave quick commands and the younger harpy nodded before leaping twenty feet straight up into the air and flying away on long golden wings.

When she returned Burza looked chagrined as she explained, "That was my oldest daughter. The one I handed down the Mantle of Motherhood to. She says that the flock wants to split. Half of her sisters want to leave these lands to find mates if they can. Usually, whatever male mates with the Mother of a flock mates with the entire flock. When I decided to mate with Viridian I never imagined I would be having fledglings again. This was not amenable to my daughters who for the most part have never reproduced. But now that they know I am to nest soon, they want me to be Mother to the Flock once more so that Viridian must mate with all of us."

"Do you think he will be amenable," Leandra asked.

"I hope so," Burza replied with a shrug of her shoulders, "I will explain our circumstances and try to be... very convincing."

"How many daughters are in your flock Burza," Bastet asked as she saw horrific visions of a nonstop line of avian females demanding their mating week before she could have Virdy all to herself again."

"Nineteen," Burza answered, "There are twenty females including me."

"Oh goddesses and foxes!" Bastet hissed mournfully.

Leandra laughed but Burza put a hand on Bastets shoulder in an attempt to console her as she said, "When we meet up with Virdy, I will hold my daughters back until you have had time to breed with our husband, before approaching him on the needs of my flock."

Bastet sniffled as she gave Burza a thankful smile and said, "I appreciate that."

They walked out of the city by the same roads and paths that Viridian, Glenna, and Huxian had left by only two days before. Burza leapt into the air and began scouting ahead as Leandra and Bastet pulled the straps of their packs tighter before going to all fours. With behinds high in the air and long cat tails wagging furiously, their bodies stretched and constricted as legs and arms pumped. The pace they set was fast as the wind in their faces whipped their red and black hair like manes.

The sun was just reaching its midday peak when Leandra and Bastet slowed to jog and stood up before coming to a halt. They were barely halfway to their destination when nineteen eagle harpies spun slow circles high in the sky above them. Leandra and Bastet watched as they turned west and soared on warm thermals and cold currents of air towards the looming mountains ahead.

"I really wish I had wings at times like this," Bastet mumbled.

Leandra nodded but kept silent as they resumed their fast ground eating pace.