War of the Races Ch. 37

Story Info
Seline’s Wrath.
6.4k words
4.84
2.7k
15
7

Part 42 of the 43 part series

Updated 07/27/2023
Created 12/17/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pinkender
Pinkender
1,171 Followers

Chapter 37- Seline's Wrath

Looking up into the sky, I took note of the sun's position. It was midday as Sinaan, Matron Forelain, and her entourage of armed maids returned to camp. Of course, I knew they were on their way back for some time. Skye, the latest of Burza's daughters and one of my twenty avian wives, had returned and reported that the army was mobilizing.

Hours had passed in anxious impatience since the predawn meeting and subsequently, first Sinaan and then Forelain had left for the svartalf army camp. What could they possibly have been talking about during all that time?

It is hard to admit, but I'm scared. Not so much for myself. Rather, I fear for my wives and children, for my family back in Valeheim, and for the inhabitants of the Valelands.

Turning just enough to look at Huxian, I try to sublimate my anxiety by admiring her beauty. She was still thickened from pregnancy and she was carrying two of our children in slings, one was on her back while the other was in the front just beneath her breasts, but still, she was so beautiful.

The babes were quietly sleeping within the folds of the soft blankets they were swaddled in. Tampa and Orsa were similarly encumbered with the other four children. Surrounding the three of them were Bastet, Coella, Liandra, Shahad, Burza, and the rest of my harpy wives that weren't currently scouting. Should the worst happen, they were to make sure Huxian, Tampa, and Orsa escaped, and in doing so, ensure their survival of themselves and the children growing in their bellies.

Turning to the west again, the direction Sinaan and Forelain were coming from, I resisted the urge to take hold of Glenna and Hlina's hands. They were both standing beside me. Glenna to my right and Hlina to my left. I was finding it hard to be patient and wait for Sinaan and his Matron wife to arrive.

Before they could draw close I called out, "So, how did it go? Will there be peace? Will they parlay?"

They smirked. They actually had the audacity to smirk!

Taking a deep breath I released it in an attempt to mitigate my anxiety and temper. After all, it wasn't their fault that I was apprehensive.

They remained silent as Sinaan led his Matron the final few steps and stopped ten paces away. Sinaan bowed while Forelain curtsied appropriately for her station if not her actual influence.

"We return, Lord Viridian," Sinaan intoned formally as Matron Forelain unwrapped her arm from his and started to sign.

"Champion of Moon and Earth," Forelain signed formally and was voiced by Fjallindae instead of Sinaan.

I had to admit, I appreciated Fjallindae's feminine delivery more than Sinaan's. Aside from the fact that Fjallindae had a pleasantly husky speaking voice it also made it feel as if Forelain was truly the one communicating verbally, "I have successfully negotiated parlay between the General that leads the svartalf army and you."

"Very good," I replied with a relieved sigh.

"However, you will be hosting the parlay. Since your party is so small," Fjallindae finished for Forelain.

"Then may we have the use of your meeting tent," I requested.

"Of course," Forelain signed, "Also, you should know General Aalyn Abendroth will bring a personal bodyguard, several of her lieutenant colonels, and a couple priestesses as her councilors."

"Noted," I replied, then thought to ask, "What of her army?"

"They have broken camp," Sinaan replied as he laid his hand on his matron's arm in apology for interrupting, "They will march to within a half mile of our position. They want you to see their full strength and what you will face should the parlay fail."

"I see," I mumbled contemplatively.

Having looked down at the grass while I thought, I looked back up at Sinaan and Forelain and asked, "Will you accompany us while we wait?"

To Sinaan more directly I asked, "Would you be so kind as to tell me about your sister? What will impress her most? Also, her councilors, what will sway their thinking on this matter the most without bloodshed?"

"Let us retire to the pavilion then," Forelain signed while Fjallindae spoke.

I nodded and we turned toward the large clearing where Matron Forelain's maids, Gloa and Svartsilki, were quickly erecting the structure.

----(!)----

The appointed time finally arrived and Aalyn Abendroth and her honor guard arrived in muted but poignant fanfare. Since Matron Forelain's group numbered sixteen, and my group numbered thirty-two adults, Aalyn's honor guard and councilors came to number forty-eight including herself. It was a power play. A show of force that made me sigh inwardly in resignation as I regarded them. Taking a deep inhalation I calmed myself as I stepped forward to greet the General.

Sinaan had graciously described his oldest sister to me in such intimate detail that I easily picked her out. Truth be told, after seeing her and the way she carried herself, I could have easily identified her as the leader of the svartalf army.

"Salutations Brigadier General Aalyn Abendroth, Second Seat of House Abendroth, and Commander of the Sven'dahl Guard. Thank you for accepting my invitation to parlay. I am Viridian Vale," I said in as graciating a voice as I could muster.

Aalyn Abendroth looked young, but then all alfari do until their last century of life. Her skin was black as coal, her short-cropped white hair was of a pixie style I found particularly appealing for her sharp features, and her one eye was a vibrant amethyst. She was darkly resplendent dressed as she was in black lacquered plate armor over black leather.

She was also the most fully clothed of all the females in her group. Her attire took after the males, focusing on dexterity and protection of vital areas. The other female officers wore armor as well but most of it was focused on sensuality rather than practicality offering views of rounded thighs and buttocks, slim legs, firm bellies, or sleek breasts. And then there were the priestesses.

There were three of them. Their robes were made of diaphanous silks or lace in patterns of spiderwebs that hid nothing. Their bodies were fully displayed and highlighted by ornamental underwires beneath their breasts made of silver or gold. Their robes were cinched with matching waist chains, and all three wore a variety of jewelry including bicep bands, bangles, anklets, necklaces, and rings.

However, unlike the warrior females among the soldiers, their bodies were soft and sensual.

Flatly meeting their gazes I recognized that none of them had taken their eyes off of me since their arrival. Now that I really looked at them I recognized their expressions as that of awe and lust.

Dismissing them from my immediate attention I returned it to Aalyn. I wasn't certain. I couldn't be certain since she was wearing full armor, but as I regarded her expression, and the way she held herself, I got the distinct impression that she was as physically hard as she was resolute. Aalyn was fully in command of herself and her army. The position she held had been earned through years of dedication, brilliant strategy, and marshal ability. I would not underestimate her at all.

I gave her a brief but respectful nod combined with a slight bow. The smile she returned was beautiful even if it never reached her eye.

Placing a hand where her sword usually rested and was missing from her waist. As a matter of fact, all weapons were missing from all of the delegates as well as shields and helmets, having been left in the care of their attendants. Aalyn returned a very formal military bow. It was slight and more than a little condescending, but I accepted it and even returned a slight smirk.

"Please allow me to make introductions," I offered warmly, pointing to my right and left, "This is my mother/wife, Glen'nathel Moonlilly, Oracle of Seline; and this is my wife Hlina Alvasdottr, Oracle of Gaia, and behind me are my concubines..."

"I don't need an introduction to your animal playthings," Aalyn interrupted briskly as she boldly considered Hlina and Glenna, giving them a once over as she assessed them as threats.

Judging them to be negligible threats at best she turned her hard eye on me and made a show of judging me as she looked me up and down, then she cast a side-eyed glance at Sinaan and Forelain and continued, "I was led to believe that you were an imminent and implacable threat. A power that could destroy my entire army. What I see here seems to be little more than one male's conceit run amok."

Taking a deep breath in through my nose I released it through my mouth. The only thing that kept me from showing this--this intolerable female just how dangerous I could be was the need to follow Seline's directive to accompany this lot back to their city. I was about to say as much when Glenna spoke up, "Appearances can be deceptive. The only reason we are making this overture is because Seline has commanded us to do so. Otherwise..."

Glenna left the threat hanging in the air between us and fell silent. Hlina took the opportunity then to speak up in a more pacific tone, "Why don't we retire to the pavilion? Once we are more comfortable with wine and food at hand, then we can negotiate."

Aalyn looked at us suspiciously. Maybe that was just the way she always looked. Then she regarded Sinaan and Forelain. They gave subtle nods and Aalyn agreed with a grimacing nod and a gesture for her companions to follow, "Fine, let's be about this then."

"Apologies," Forelain signed while Fjallindae spoke for all to hear, "I have only so many chairs."

Forelain began to sign again and Fjallindae announced, "In a few minutes my staff will bring in drinks and food. Those outside will also be attended to."

"Thank you, Matron Forelain, for your generous care," I replied.

Aalyn only nodded. She waited for several seconds to signal that she was about to bring the meeting to its main topic, "Yesterday and for many days previous, I have traveled the lighted realm with only one mission given to me by my Governor which in turn was given to her by the Matron Queen. Sack and raze Valeheim and the Valelands. Everything in your lands has been given into our hands. So, why should I listen to you instead of my Queen?"

Glenna, Hlina, and I all sat for a moment and digested Aalyn's opening statement before Glenna sat forward and replied, "Before I was Seline's Oracle I was her Apostle. I am a missionary in a land not of my birth and a month ago I looked very much like my brethren. Then, I was summoned by two Messengers. Huxian, the vulpes-alfari just outside, was sent by Seline, and Sequoia. She is an arboreal who I am beginning to think more and more was sent by Gaia or Lauma, or maybe both. By vision I was bid to commune with my goddess which has forever changed me, and by dream I was commanded to leave my son in the Messengers' care so that he and I would be ready to meet you today here in this place and stop you."

"Why?" Aalyn asked simply.

"Because," Glenna purred sweetly, "Seline says that her sister's Oracle is missing. Arachne had fallen silent for far too long, and within the vacuum of her silence an unseen apostasy is leading your people in a direction contrary to the desires of the gods."

Aalyn's eye sharpened as she turned her head just enough toward her companions to see their reactions, especially the priestess's, before responding in a low threatening voice, "Those are quite the charges you're leveling. So, what you're saying is that my orders to destroy your small lordship is a command from this unseen apostate cult?"

"Well," Glenna replied softly, "My goddess did send me to stop you."

"This is preposterous!" the Lieutenant Colonel growled, "General, don't tell me you believe this?"

"Lord Viridian. Oracles. These are my companions," Aalyn offered in a dry voice. Gesturing to the female that had just spoken as she continued, "This is Lieutenant Colonel Rastof Annolstad of the Razor Guard."

Gesturing to the priestess she added, "And this is our Priestess of Arachne, Ogrethanne Annolstad."

Rastoff's beauty was screwed up by her anger and disgust, but Orgethanne's expression seemed to be one of confusion and anger mixed heavily with bald-faced desire. Her breathing was irregular and she seemed to be trying to pay attention to Glenna and Hlina but couldn't keep her eyes off of me for very long.

"I--think--we should do whatever he wants," She hissed through gritted teeth, then upon hearing her own words her eyes widened while she glared at me and growled, "What have you done to me? I--can't think! My head feels like there's a haze all around me. My body is so hot! All I can see--all I can smell is you. I--can't think of anything other than that I want you between my legs!"

She gasped as she heard what she had said then turned to Aalyn and hissed, "General, we should retreat. Have nothing to do with this male!"

Ogrethanne grimaced again as she lifted her hands to her head. Her eyes were closed and she looked like she was in pain as she hissed, "He has done something to me. Cast a spell on me. I--can't think!"

Then, abruptly she stood up and staggered out of the tent.

Aalyn followed Orgethanne with an expression of consternation that turned grim. Sharing a look with Rastof she asked, "Do you feel unwell?"

"I do not," Rastof replied.

"Me neither," Aalyn said, then waved her hand at Rastof and commanded, "Go and get Thurdain. Let's see what she has to say about this Viridian Vale."

"Yes, madam," Rastof replied before standing, snapping a salute, and leaving the tent as well.

"I can tell you that if this Thurdain is a priestess, she will not fare better," I offered in a soft, non-threatening voice.

"So," Aalyn hissed, "You did do something to Ogrethanne!"

"No," I replied reassuringly, "I did nothing purposefully. What you witnessed is only one of the blessings Seline has bestowed upon me."

"What did you do?" Aalyn growled.

"Nothing," I said, "It was my scent, my pheromones I guess. Any priestess within my vicinity finds me, well, supernaturally attractive. It takes an incredible amount of willpower to overcome it, however the more powerful a priestess's faith in her goddess the more potent her reaction to me will be as well."

"Absolutely diabolical, but useful I'm sure. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how Thurdain reacts," Aalyn mumbled as she waited for Rastof to return with her sister.

A few minutes passed before Rastof returned with Thurdain. As soon as the priestess entered the tent her face swiveled toward me and the pupils of her eyes dilated. Her mouth fell open and her lips trembled. With visible effort she took herself in hand and staggered to her chair. Giving me a look of utter disgust, Rastof took her seat.

"Thurdain," Aalyn said once both women were seated, "How do you feel?"

"Regrettably," Thurdain signed, "I'm barely able to think. I find Lord Viridian so appealing--so appealing. I--am barely able to hold myself back from disrobing and throwing myself at him."

"Maintain decorum priestess!" Aalyn said sharply.

"Yes, sister," Thurdain replied in a quick hand signal Fjallindae interpreted for my party.

Aalyn looked like she wanted to curse, but nodded instead.

"So, what will it be," I asked, "Will you turn away from your course? Will you escort us back to your House so that we might investigate the disappearance of the Oracle of Arachne? Or, will you make us defend ourselves?"

----(!)----

Aalyn sat back in her chair and regarded the confident young villralfar in front of her. His story. The two powerful women beside him. It all seemed so preposterous. Gods and goddesses. Oracles and conspiracies that would shake the foundations of the world order. Who would believe it?

If she defied orders and returned with nothing, what would her punishment be? Surely she would at least be stripped of her command. She would be disgraced. She might even be executed, by her mother no doubt in order to save face. Then there was the accusation of corruption within her government. No, corruption within all the governments! But, really though, when was there no corruption in the government?

So, what was she to do? With a war brewing between gods and governments, what was she supposed to do?

----(!)----

I stared openly at Aalyn as her amethyst eye flitted from me to Glenna to Hlina and back again. Her expression was hard but thoughtful, and I didn't envy the decision she was about to make. Food and drink were served courtesy of Forelain and that brought the meeting to a pause.

Forelain's head bodyguard Beinbalkr Maertungl turned out to be an exceptional cook. Everyone nibbled on seared or roasted pieces of Noama while Aalyn quietly discussed her options with Rastof and Thurdain. Noama's meat was my party's contribution since by the time the poor female was butchered, and we had returned to Moonlight Burrow, Huxian had already given birth prematurely. Everyone ate Noama except me, Coella, Tsukino and Usagi, and Tampa.

Tampa, quietly diminutive, tried to make herself as small as possible as she came into the tent. Two babes were still slung around her shoulders and in her large hands she held a fruit and vegetable pie and a wooden cup of fresh milk from her own breasts.

"Thank you," I whispered appreciatively as I took the offered food and drink.

She returned a shy nod of appreciation and left.

Once Forelain's bodyguard maids made the rounds and everyone inside and out were fed, the tent fell quiet with everyone staring at Aalyn. She remained silent for a long time as she considered me, Hlina, and Glenna. Finally she spoke in a low steely voice, "To begin let me say that Matron Forelain and Sinaan spoke well on your behalf. As a priestess of Arachne, I can see why the Matron felt it vital to arrange this meeting. However, I have been commissioned with a task to perform and I must see it through, otherwise, I would be in conflict with my Queen. I can not let that happen. The Governor and the Matron-Queen would demand my head, and many of my subordinates would not think twice before delivering it to them."

Aalyn paused for a minute as she turned to look at Rastof meaningfully before continuing, "That being said, I will have the priestesses pray over your corpses when our battle is over."

Thurdain nodded in agreement and Aalyn continued, "That is, if you insist on fighting against me. Know this, in our long history no god has ever saved their people from our hands. Do not be misled by your priestesses. We will roll over you like an avalanche. We will devour you like a forest fire and leave your land desolate for generations to come. But, if you beg for your life, and those of your women and animals, then I will take you as my prize and you will live a long and luxurious life as my slaves."

I heaved in a great breath and let it out slowly in a disappointed sigh.

"Well," I said softly but firmly, "I regret that we can not come to terms. If it would keep you from invading my home and destroying my people, of course, I would surrender to you, Aalyn. However, since you still plan to destroy my people and land then I must fight against you with all my power."

Aalyn nodded as if she understood and her expression revealed that she was sad about it as she spoke, "That is regrettable. You and your women are fine specimens of your respective peoples. It will be a shame to have to kill you."

With those final words, Aalyn stood up and left the tent. Matron Forelain stood as well and led her people out behind Aalyn's companions. Aalyn gathered her delegation, but before she left she turned to me and said, "We will give you one hour to change your mind and surrender. This will give Matron Forelain enough time to gather her things and return to us, her people."

----(!)----

Over the next hour, Matron Forelain's bodyguard maids stowed away all of their belongings. Before they were to depart I extended my hand to Sinaan while Glenna and Hlina curtsied courteously to Forelain, Ra'Shaal, and Fjallindae.

Pinkender
Pinkender
1,171 Followers
12